Nike Basketball Camp at Curry College - International Programs Milton, Massachusetts
Join us this summer at the NIKE Basketball Camp at Curry College. You'll improve your game, meet new friends from all over the world and with our new Sport and Language programs, you'll improve your English too!
International campers will find this NIKE Basketball Camp provides everything they need for a great visit to the US. Offering four weeks of NIKE Basketball camp sessions, plus lots of fun on-campus and off-campus activities, an outstanding international staff, and the option to add a week of language classes prior to starting their NIKE Basketball Camp, this is a camp experience you won't want to miss.
This camp will cover all the essential basketball skills including shooting, passing, dribbling, rebounding and defense. It will also focus on team play and enhance your understanding of the game through lectures.
The language program consists of morning English classes for five days prior to your first session of NIKE Basketball Camp. Or, you can combine morning English classes with afternoon basketball training. Either way, the language program is designed to get campers speaking English more confidently prior to their NIKE Camp!
Campers looking to create a multi-week SPORT-only session (without a language program) can combine any one of the four weekly sessions together with a weekend stay for a personalized experience. For a list of weekly sessions and to register for these click here for boys and here for girls.
As in the past, there will be two separate sets of staff for 24- hour supervision both on and off the basketball courts.
- 30 hours of NIKE Basketball instruction per session
- Superior instruction & a low Camper to Coach ratio
- Daily emphasis on fundamental development, team play, and more
- 3 hours of language classes daily during language week, and fun activities that allow you to practice your English.
- Fun evening camp activities with American children
- Official NIKE Camp T-shirt, yearbook, and other great NIKE prizes
- Transportation to all activities and airport transfers
- Develop your English skills while creating new American friendships
Curry College, located in Milton, Massachusetts, is one of New England's most beautiful college campuses. Located only seven miles outside of downtown Boston, its outstanding facilities include indoor and outdoor basketball courts, air conditioned dorms, and excellent dining facilities located near residence halls. The convenient campus layout means courts, dining halls, and dorms are just a short walk away!
Meet your coaching staff
We are proud to announce David Chadbourne as MBSC’s Basketball Program’s Head Pro. Chadbourne has just completed his 10th season as the head coach of Franklin Pierce University. Some of Chadbourne’s accomplishments include: Producing six All-Northeast-10 picks, two Daktronics and two NABC All-Region selections; led the Ravens to a 17-11 record and third place in the New England Collegiate Conference in his first season at the helm.
Wynn has coached at Curry College for 7 seasons. Over the course of seven seasons, he compiled a stellar 142-42 (.771) record. Wynn led RCC to the 2000 NJCAA Division III National Championship and was subsequently named as NJCAA National Coach of the Year. One year later, he guided the Tigers to a 31-1 record and third-place finish in the NJCAA National Tournament. Starting in 1996, his teams won four NJCAA State Championships and five NJCAA Region XXI Championships. Wynn was also a four-time recipient of both NJCAA Region XXI and District 8 Coach of the Year honors.
Overview of Sport + Language Program
In 2013, we are offering four weeks of Basketball Camp and the option to add a one week language program prior to the start of your camp program. The language program will be provided directly on the Curry College campus the week prior to your first basketball session. This program is designed for kids aged 10-18 of all abilities. Campers will reside at the Curry College during both the language and NIKE Sports programs.
- Comprehensive/All Skills Camp: (COED: Ages 10 – 18 years old) Classes are designed for campers of all ages. Each student will be evaluated and placed in a group of similar ability, and age. Beginners will be playing basketball in just a few days; and intermediates will improve all aspects of their game.
There will be three different Sport + Language programs to choose from:
- 2-week program: 1 week of language instruction followed by 1 week of NIKE Basketball Camp
- 3-week program: 1 week of language instruction followed by 2 weeks of NIKE Basketball Camp
- 4-week program: 1 week of language instruction followed by 3 weeks of NIKE Basketball Camp
All Sport + Language session costs include language instruction, material fees (if applicable), NIKE Basketball Camp instruction, housing, meals, activities (two per week and one per weekend stayover), roundtrip airport transfers, and weekend stayover costs.
International campers interested in a SPORT only program may combine these weekly sessions together to create the perfect multi-week program. Weekend stayovers are available on every session except the last one. You can register for these sessions here for boys or here for girls.
How does the program work?
For campers who wish to combine Sport and Language together into a multi-week program, there are two options:
- One-week language program: The language week precedes the NIKE Basketball Camp. Campers attend morning language classes and participate in fun afternoon activities that enable campers to practice and improve their English. After the language week, campers participate in NIKE Basketball Camp for the remaining week(s). CLICK HERE for a sample daily schedule for the language week and sport session.
- Multi-week program: This program combines morning language classes with afternoon daily sport training each week. A sample daily schedule follows below.
- Language classes are held on campus, just a short walk from the dorms.
- 15 English lessons are offered each week (Monday-Friday).
- Language curriculum: Students in this program will improve core English language skills such as speaking and listening, as well as their confidence. Classes are communicative in nature and offer plenty of opportunities for speaking practice in three 50-minute classes per day.
- Program designed for campers aged 10-18 years old
Sample Daily Schedule
- 7:30am Breakfast
- 8:30am ELS Assessment (Monday only); Campers to classroom (Monday-Friday)
- 8:45am ELS Class begins: Grammar, Listening, Discussion, Vocabulary, Reading, Writing
- 10:30am ELS Class continues: Conversational activities, Writing, Music, Art
- 12:00 noon Lunch
- 1:00pm NIKE Basketball: Technical skill development, Tactical skill development, Strength and conditioning, Tournament play
- 5:00pm Dinner
- 6:00pm Free time
- 7:00pm Evening activities
- 10:00pm Campers to dorms
- 10:30pm Lights out!
Check-in & Check-out
- 12:00 noon - 2:00pm Sunday of the camper's first week.
- Signs will be placed all over campus and camp staff will also direct traffic.
- Evaluations: All campers will start their evaluations at 3:00pm.
- Lunch: On check in day, the first meal served is dinner. If you need to eat lunch with your parents, we will give you a list of several nearby restaurants.
- Orientation (campers only): After evaluations, showers, and dinner, all campers, staff, and coaches will walk to orientation together. Here we will introduce the coaches and staff, and go over camp rules and procedures.
- 12:00 noon - 2:00pm OR 4:00pm-6:00pm on Friday of the camper's last week.
- Campers who check-out in the second window (4:00-6:00pm) will be able to attend both the first and second sports session of the day, while those who check out in the first window will only attend the first sports session.
- Location: Your check out location is the same dorm that you checked in to unless otherwise notified by our staff at check-in.
Early arrivals & late departures: There is a $125 fee per day to accomodate campers arriving early or staying beyond the final day of their registered session. This fee includes housing and meals. Please note that our camp staff cannot receive early campers prior to Sunday, June 30 (the first day of our first session), nor may campers stay past Friday, August 2 (the final day of our last session).
- All international campers will be met at Boston Logan International Airport by camp staff, and will be escorted to their departing flight at the conclusion of their session. This is included in tuition.
- To schedule your pick-up, please complete a travel form which will be included in your registration packet. International campers must complete a travel form in order to guarantee pick up at the airport. Travel forms can also be accessed at www.mycamps.ussportscamps.com using your registered email.
- Designated Airport: Boston Logan International Airport (BOS)
- Early arrivals & late departures: There is a $125 fee per day to accomodate campers arriving early or staying beyond the final day of their registered session. This fee includes housing and meals. Please note that our camp staff cannot receive early campers prior to Sunday, June 30 (the first day of our first session), nor may campers stay past Friday, August 2 (the final day of our last session).
- Housing: Dormitory housing on campus with all meals provided (variety of choices at each meal). Two campers to a room. International campers will be placed with an American camper of the same age/grade. Bathrooms are communal and are located on each floor.
- Safety: 24-hour supervision is an important feature of every NIKE Basketball Camp. Staff members reside in campers’ quarters and participate in all activities. Two sets of staff for sport training and for other camp activities insure constant supervision and camper safety.
- Instruction: Low Coach to Camper ratio. Training groups formed by skill, age, and years of experience. End-of-session individual player evaluation written by coaching staff - see "Coaches" tab for more details on coaching staff.
- Recommended Spending Money: $50-$100 per week.
- Medical Facility: 3-6 athletic trainers are on-site and around the dorms. A doctor is on-call for emergencies.
- Extra Activities: MBSC/NIKE Basketball Camp is one of the only camps that offer nightly OFF-campus activities. Our pre-organized evening/weekend activities include: laser tag, bowling, Hard Rock Café, game arcade, Six Flags Amusement Park (weekend), and whale watching (weekend). Activities are optional, and campers who choose to remain on-campus will enjoy alternate activities such as ping pong, movies, board games, and volleyball. Counselors stay on campus and accompany off campus trips to ensure 24/7 supervision of all campers.
- All-inclusive tuition: Covers language instruction, sport instruction, housing, meals, roundtrip airport transfers, weekend stayover(s), and activities (two per week, plus one additional if staying for weekend).
- Registration Packet: A detailed camper registration packet containing check-in location, health & release forms, emergency contact info, and a packing list will be emailed to all registered campers in spring 2013. Our health and release forms require a doctor's signature and will be collected on the first day of camp. International campers must have health insurance valid in the US in order to attend camps.