Campers participating in the joint ELS and Snow Valley Basketball program will enjoy 2 or 3 weeks of ELS language camp prior to their Snow Valley Basketball Camp at Westmont College. The ELS Malibu Youth Camp, is a short distance from the LAX airport, and is geared towards younger campers (9-16). It offers a traditional language camp environment, with comprehensive language program in the morning and a full menu of exciting pre-planned afternoon activities and weekend excursions. The start date for the Malibu Youth Language Program is June 21 or June 28, or July 12.
After the two or three-week language program, campers will transition over to the Snow Valley Basketball Camp location at Westmont College. The first girls only basketball session starts Sunday July 12th. The last basketball session (boys only) starts on July 26 and ends on Thursday July 30. Basketball campers will enjoy 5-6 hours of daily training and evening basketball scrimmages which put their newly honed basketball skills to the test. During the Snow Valley Basketball Camp - campers will reside in on-campus dorms at Westmont College. At the conclusion of camp, (July 30), campers will be taken back to LAX for their flight home. Please look at the session dates below carefully as the Snow Valley basketball sessions are gender specific.
Snow Valley Basketball programs feature staff and players whose own high school and college coaches were important in their basketball development, so they know how to help you achieve your basketball goals. Snow Valley treats each player as an individual. A Personal Player Report Card will be kept on all campers throughout the week, and given to them at the conclusion of camp. This report card will note particular strengths and weaknesses, and offer suggestions for individual improvement once they have left Snow Valley.
Daily game competition against other players of similar age and ability levels will be scheduled. Every participant will play a minimum of one half of every game. In addition to games, a minimum of nineteen clinics concerning individual and team fundamentals will be presented during the week long session. Drills are a big part of each clinic. We design our program to have an eight to one player to coach ratio and guarantee your son or daughter will receive an excellent week of BASKETBALL INVOLVEMENT.
ELS (and Snow Valley Basketball Camp) Arrival Dates:
- Sunday, 6/21 (3-week language school) followed by Snow Valley Basketball check-in on July 12 between 1-3PM.
- Sunday 6/28 (2-week language school) followed by Snow Valley Basketball check-in on July 12 between 1-3PM.
- BOYS ONLY Sunday 7/12 (2-week language school) followed by Snow Valley Basketball check-in on July 26 between 1-3PM.
- Early arrival can be accomodated, but there is an additional fee of $125 for each additional night.
Snow Valley Basketball Camp Check-Out
- GIRLS Session - Check out Thursday 7/19 4pm (Last meal: Lunch)
- BOYS Session II Check-out: Thursday July 30; 4pm (Last meal: Lunch)
- Late departures after July 30, cannot be accomodated. All campers must depart camp on July 30.
Travel: International Campers will be met at LAX based on their arrival into the ELS Language school and will be taken back to LAX after the basketball camp has ended. A travel form which will be included in your detailed registration package.
The ELS Language Camp is located at Pepperdine University in the town of Malibu and the Snow Valley Basketball Camp is located at Westmont College in Santa Barbara. Located in the hills above Santa Barbara, CA., Westmont College offers a safe and secure campus environment , which includes scenic gardens, stone bridges, and stunning pathways, and is an ideal place for camp. Campers reside on campus in the newly renovated Van Kampen Hall. Both locations offer students the chance to live and play on the Sunny West Coast of California and improve their English skills.
Sample Daily Schedule
- 6:00 AM Point Guard & Post Clinic
- 7:00 AM Breakfast
- 8:00 AM Organization and Warm-up
- 8:45 AM Clinic - Offense
- 9:35 AM Clinic - Defense
- 10:35 AM Clinic - Shooting
- 11:30 AM Team Practice
- 12:30 PM Lunch
- 1:15 (13:15) PM Clinic - Offense
- 2:30 (14:30) Central Division Games
- 3:45 (15:45) Eastern/Central Division Games/Break for Western
- 4:45 (16:45) Dinner
- 6:00 (18:00) Organization & Individual Athleticism
- 6:30 (18:30) Clinic - Defense
- 8:00-10:40 (20:00-22:40) Western Division Games