Nike Golf Camps, Fairchild Wheeler Golf Course Fairfield, Connecticut
Click to enlarge and view gallery »
US Sports Camps is proud to offer Nike Golf Camps in Bridgeport, CT at Fairchild Wheeler Golf Course. This facility offers two eighteen hole courses that boast fairways which are generous, and greens that are exceptional. This has become one of the best junior golf camps in the northeast and our staff is poised for another great summer of golf in 2014!
Our programs at Fairchild Wheeler are designed for boys and girls between the ages of 9-17. The teaching staff, led by Camp Director, Steve Roach, is on hand to provide campers with top quality instruction each day. At Nike Golf Schools & Junior Camps we accommodate all skill levels; the junior player just discovering the game to the high school player trying to move up on the team.
The camps run Monday through Friday, 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m (some camp sessions run Monday - Thursday - see below). Under the watchful eye of the instructional staff, every morning for three hours, the campers practice all aspects of their games- putting, chipping, bunker play and full-swing. Morning instruction is followed by lunch and then afternoon course play.
- Instruction from recognized and dedicated golf professionals
- Three hours of practice with the staff covering all facets of the game; putting, chipping/pitching, full-swing
- Daily on-course instruction working on course management, shot selection, rules and etiquette
- Low student to teacher ratio
- Nike amenity package including a hat, one dozen golf balls, a camp workbook, bag tag and other great prizes
- A healthy and positive learning environment designed to help every camper get better!
Stephen Roach has been a member of the Professional Golfers Association since April of 2001 and the Head Golf Professional at Fairchild Wheeler Golf Course since 2009. Stephen is a teaching professional of the highest caliber. He has taught golf to people of all ages, including children as young as five years old.
Stephen received the PGA President’s Council on Growing the Game award in both 2006 and 2008. He was the Head Golf Professional at Lansbrook Golf Club in Palm Harbor, FL; an assistant golf professional at Brooklawn Country Club, Fairfield, CT and Patterson Country Club, Fairfield, CT where he was a also a Tournament Administrator.
Fairchild Wheeler Golf Course
Fairchild Wheeler offers two challenging 18 hole golf courses. The Red Golf Course demands accurate tee shots which will leave most golfers with mid to short irons for their approach shots. Don’t let that fool you because the Red Golf Course has tough greens that will make most golfers double and triple check the breaks. The Wheel also has great practice facilities for campers to hone their game on which makes this golf course the perfect site for a Nike Jr. Golf Camp.
Upon arrival, all participants are evaluated by the staff so that their own instructional needs can be addressed throughout the week.
A detailed camper registration packet containing check in location, health/release forms, emergency contact info, and a list of things to bring will be emailed to all registered campers in the Spring.
Sample Daily Schedule
- 9:00am Instruction - practice on skills and fundamentals; grip, stance, posture, pitching, putting, bunker play and full swing
- Noon Lunch
- 1:00pm Course play with staff. On-course instruction on club selection, course management, rules and etiquette
- 4:00pm Campers depart