Nike Golf Camps, University of Washington Seattle, Washington
Click to enlarge and view gallery »
Nike Golf Camps at University of Washington are proud to offer two weeks of camp again in 2014! Our golf camp in Seattle, WA is held at one of the most recognizable academic and athletic institutions in the country. Campers live in dorms on the beautiful University of Washington campus and travel to Washington National’s spectacular golf facility for instruction and course play each day.
Each day of camp consists of work in three primary areas: driving/full swing, short-game (chipping, pitching and bunker play) and putting. Daily activities also include playing the Washington National championship course or another OKI Golf premiere facility. Other instructional topics include; course management, strategy, and rules and etiquette. The camps conclude with a golf tournament followed by a brief awards ceremony.
- Instruction from nationally recognized Division I college coaches
- Small group instruction with low student/teacher ratio
- Specific teaching programs for all ages and abilities
- Daily on-course instruction with Coach Mulflur and her staff
- Nike amenity package including a hat, one dozen golf balls, a camp workbook, bag tag and other great prizes
- Activities - fun off-course evening activities planned each night
- Campers reside in dorms at the University of Washington
Washington National Golf Club
Washington National Golf Club is one of the finest college golf facilities in the country and home to the Husky men’s and women’s golf teams. Washington National, designed by award-winning architect John Fought, features a layout that gradually increases in challenge and splendor as it builds to a crescendo over the final five holes. Washington National played host to the 2002 NCAA Women’s Golf Championship, the 2003 NCAA Men’s Western Regional and the 2006 NCAA Women’s Golf West Regional Championship.
Washington National’s Practice Center features practice tees at both ends of the range. Nike camp participants will practice each day at the back end of the range, which is normally reserved for the UW Husky golf teams.Meet your coaching staff
Mary Lou Mulflur
Mary Lou is entering her 32nd year of coaching at University of Washington. She was recently inducted into the Women's College Golf Association Hall of Fame in December, 2013. Coach Mulflur's dedication and teaching skills have allowed her to build the Husky program into one of the nation’s most competitive teams on an annual basis.Read Full Bio
Mary Lou has achieved several milestones during her playing career including competing in the 1979 and 1980 U.S. Open Championships. Mulflur, regarded as one of the most successful golfers to come out of the UW, came to Washington in 1976 and was one of the first female athletes to receive a scholarship at Washington. The Portland, Ore., native went on to earn four letters as a Husky.
Coach Mulflur will be assisted this summer by a number of college head and assistant coaches from prominent athletic programs, including:
- Andrea VanderLende - women's assistant golf coach at University of Washington.
- Robert Gray - men's golf coach at Gonzaga University.
- Brad Rickel - women's golf coach at Gonzaga University.
- Rise Alexander - women's golf coach at Oregon State University.
- Kailin Downs - women's assistant golf coach at Oregon State University.
- Marc Hughes - former head men's and women's golf coach at Eastern Washington University.
Nike Golf Schools & Junior Camps at University of Washington offer each junior golfer the same opportunity to succeed, regardless of their starting point. Coach Mulflur and her staff offer a positive and fun learning environment, one in which campers can thrive under the direction of motivated and highly skilled instructors. Upon arrival, all participants are evaluated by the director and staff and placed in a program that addresses their own instructional needs.
Check-In and Check-Out
Check-In will take place from 2:00 - 3:00 pm on Sunday at McCarty Hall. The graduation ceremony will take place on Thursday at 12:30 pm. Departure will follow from 1:00 - 1:30 pm.
The Overnight fee includes all golf instruction, green fees, evening activities, housing and all meals. The Extended Day fee includes all of the above except housing and breakfast. Extended Day campers may participate in the evening activities. Campers will be housed two per room and linens will be provided.
Campers arriving to the Seattle/Tacoma Airport at encouraged to have a flight arrival time between 10:00 am - 1:00 pm on Sunday and a departure time between 2:00 - 5:00 pm on Thursday. Campers must secure their own transportation to and from the airport.
Campers are supervised 24 hours a day. The staff lives in the dormitories/resort accommodations with the campers and participates in evening activities. Drugs, alcohol and tobacco are strictly prohibited, and constitute, along with general misconduct, grounds for dismissal from camp without a refund.
A detailed camper registration packet containing check in location, health/release forms, emergency contact info, and a list of things to bring will be emailed to all registered campers in the Spring.
Sample Daily Schedule
- 6:30-7:15am Wake-up/breakfast
- 8:00am-1:30pm Course play with Coach Mulflur and her staff
- 2:00-3:00pm Lunch/relaxation
- 3:00-6:15pm Stations - campers rotate between putting, chipping, bunker and full-swing practice instruction
- 6:45pm Dinner
- 7:45-8:15pm Free-time
- 8:30-10:00pm Fun, supervised evening activities
- 10:15pm Lights out