Nike Golf Schools & Junior Camps, Curry College - International Programs Milton, Massachusetts
Join us this summer at the NIKE Golf Schools and Junior Camps at Curry College. You'll improve your golf game, meet new friends from around the world and with our new Sport and Language programs, you'll improve your English too!
International campers will find that this NIKE Golf camp provides everything they need for a great visit to the US. This camp offers plenty of convenient multi-week golf sessions, lots of fun on-campus and off-campus activities, an outstanding international staff and the option to add a week of language classes prior to starting their NIKE Golf Camp.
The golf program covers every aspect of the game, focusing on course management, shot/club selection, strategy, rules and etiquette. NIKE Golf campers play at local area golf courses. Daily instruction will take place at Pine Oaks Country Club. Other courses in the rotation will include Ridder Farm Golf Club, White Pines GC, Old Scotland Links and Riverbend CC. We also take our campers to a state-of-the-art golf range facility. Unlimited golf balls for instruction, lecture rooms, golf movies, and other innovative golf teaching devices will be available to all campers.
The language program, which precedes the golf program, consists of 15 English classes per week, combined with fun activities which allow campers to practice and improve their English. These exciting camp programs provide the perfect balance of language prep with a terrific sport training program in convenient 2, 3, or 4-week programs.
International campers seeking a SPORT only multi-week program can combine our individual sessions, (which start on June 30th), with weekend stay overs to create the perfect multi-week camp program. To view our individual (sport only) camp sessions at Curry College, click here.
As in the past, there will be two separate sets of staff for 24-hour supervision, both on and off the course.
- Small group instruction by PGA professionals and players with a low student/teacher ratio.
- Daily course play with staff (9-18 holes) focusing on course management, shot/club selection, strategy, rules and etiquette.
- NIKE amenity package including a NIKE hat, one dozen NIKE golf balls, a camp workbook, NIKE bag tag and other great prizes
- Fun, supervised off-course activities including include golf seminars, "movie and pizza" night, swimming, guest speakers and more
- Optional language program designed to develop your English speaking skills and your confidence prior to camp!
The NIKE Golf Camps at Curry College are located on the wooded 135-acre campus of Curry College in Milton, Massachusetts, seven miles south of Boston. Its outstanding facilities include eleven outdoor courts, grass and Astroturf sports fields, indoor and outdoor basketball courts, outdoor swimming pool, new air conditioned dorms, and a wonderful dining facility. The language program will be taught on-site at Curry College.
NIKE Golf campers play at local area golf courses. Daily instruction will take place at Pine Oaks Country Club. Other courses in the rotation will include Ridder Farm Golf Club, White Pines GC, Old Scotland Links and Riverbend CC.
Meet your coaching staff
We are proud to have Patricia Gonzalez as our Nike Golf Camp Director. Patricia has been with MBSC since we started the golf program in 2006. Originally from Armenia, Colombia, Patricia started playing golf at age 15. Played on the Colombian National Team from 1978 to 1985 and was winner of many major amateur tournaments in Colombia. Coach Gonzales played collegiate golf at Texas A&M University in College Station, TX and majored in business marketing. She won the 1982 AIAW All State Tournament as a freshman and also the 1985 SWC Championship Individual & Team as a senior.
Nike camp staffs are generally comprised of other teaching and touring professionals, college coaches, renowned high school coaches and former/current college players who serve as camp counselors.
Overview of Golf Program
This year we are offering four weeks of consecutive overnight sessions for campers 10-18.
- Comprehensive/All Skills Camp: (COED: Ages 10 – 18 years old) Classes are designed for campers of all ages. Each student will be evaluated and placed in a group of similar ability, and age. Beginners will be playing golf in just a few days; and intermediates will improve all aspects of their game.
International campers interested in a sport only program may combine weekly golf sessions together to create the perfect multi-week program. Weekend stayovers are available on every session except the last one. You can register for these sessions here.
Overview of Sport + Language Program
Prior to starting your NIKE Golf Camp, you can take a week of 15 English lessons designed to get you speaking English more comfortably and confidently. Four Sport + Language sessions are offered, starting with June 30 , July 7th, July 14th, and July 21st sessions. You can add one, two or three weeks of golf camp to this language program to create the perfect camp for you.
- It is open to kids aged 10-18.
- All session costs include language instruction and material fees, plus choice of 2 evening activities, NIKE golf camp instruction, housing and meals, weekend stayover costs and weekend activities during the camp program.
- The language program will be held directly on the Curry College campus and campers will reside on campus during both the language and NIKE Sports programs.
How does the program work?
For campers who wish to combine Sport and Language together into a multi-week program, there are two options:
- Language - Week One: Campers arrive on Sunday and are greeted at the airport and brought back to camp, just a short distance from Boston Logan International Airport. Campers will get their dorm and rooming assignments, enjoy welcome activities and settle and rest after their flights. English classes are held in the morning Monday through Friday from 9-12:00 Noon. Classrooms are a short walk from the dorms.The afternoons will be filled with trips to Boston, Museums, Tours of Boston, fun field games, sports play for fun or canpers will be able to spend some time relaxing as well. Evening activities can be added for an additional fee. All programs are designed to develop campers English speaking skills and confidence. Please CLICK HERE for a sample daily schedule.
- Sports - Week Two: The following week begins with NIKE Golf Camp check-in at 2:00 pm. Campers will head down to the courts and be evaluated by camp staff and put into skill groups based on age and ability. The first NIKE Golf session will begin at 4:00pm on Sunday. Each session will include 30 hours of NIKE Golf instruction and tournament play and conclude with a graduation ceremony on the last day (Friday) at 4:30pm. Campers choosing to stay for multiple sessions will be supervised by camp staff over the weekend and will start their next NIKE Camp session on Sunday. Please CLICK HERE for a sample daily schedule.
- Combined - Multiweek: This program combines morning language classes with afternoon daily sport training each week. A sample daily schedule for this format is below.
- Language curriculum: Students in this program will improve core English language skills such as speaking and listening, as well as their confidence. Classes are communicative in nature and offer plenty of opportunities for speaking practice in three 50-minute classes per day.
Sample Daily Schedule
- 7:30am Breakfast
- 8:30am ELS Assessment (Monday only); Campers to classroom (Monday-Friday)
- 8:45am ELS Class begins: Grammar, Listening, Discussion, Vocabulary, Reading, Writing
- 10:30am ELS Class continues: Conversational activities, Writing, Music, Art
- 12:00 noon Lunch
- 1:00pm NIKE Golf: Stroke instruction and course play - staff to provide on-course instruction on club/shot selection, course management, rules and etiquette
- 5:00pm Dinner
- 6:00pm Free time
- 7:00pm Evening activities
- 10:00pm Campers to dorms
- 10:30pm Lights out!
Check-in & Check-out
- 12:00 noon - 2:00pm Sunday of the camper's first week.
- Signs will be placed all over campus and camp staff will also direct traffic.
- Evaluations: All campers will start their evaluations at 3:00pm.
- Lunch: On check in day, the first meal served is dinner. If you need to eat lunch with your parents, we will give you a list of several nearby restaurants.
- Orientation (campers only): After evaluations, showers, and dinner, all campers, staff, and coaches will walk to orientation together. Here we will introduce the coaches and staff, and go over camp rules and procedures.
- 12:00 noon - 2:00pm OR 4:00pm-6:00pm on Friday of the camper's last week.
- Campers who check-out in the second window (4:00-6:00pm) will be able to attend both the first and second sports session of the day, while those who check out in the first window will only attend the first sports session.
- Location: Your check out location is the same dorm that you checked in to unless otherwise notified by our staff at check-in.
Early arrivals & late departures: There is a $125 fee per day to accomodate campers arriving early or staying beyond the final day of their registered session. This fee includes housing and meals. Please note that our camp staff cannot receive early campers prior to Sunday, June 30 (the first day of our first session), nor may campers stay past Friday, August 2 (the final day of our last session).
- All international campers will be met at Boston Logan International Airport by camp staff, and will be escorted to their departing flight at the conclusion of their session. This is included in tuition.
- To schedule your pick-up, please complete a travel form which will be included in your registration packet. International campers must complete a travel form in order to guarantee pick up at the airport. Travel forms can also be accessed at www.mycamps.ussportscamps.com using your registered email.
- Designated Airport: Boston Logan International Airport (BOS)
- Early arrivals & late departures: There is a $125 fee per day to accomodate campers arriving early or staying beyond the final day of their registered session. This fee includes housing and meals. Please note that our camp staff cannot receive early campers prior to Sunday, June 30 (the first day of Session I), nor may campers stay past Friday, August 2 (the final day of our last session).
- Housing: Dormitory housing on campus with all meals provided (variety of choices at each meal). Two campers to a room. International campers will be placed with an American camper of the same age/grade. Bathrooms are communal and are located on each floor.
- Safety: 24-hour supervision is an important feature of every NIKE Golf Camp. Staff members reside in campers’ quarters and participate in all activities.
- Instruction: Low Coach to Camper ratio. Training groups formed by skill, age, and years of experience. End-of-session individual player evaluation written by coaching staff - see "Coaches" tab for more details on coaching staff.
- Spending Money: recommend $50-$100 per week
- Medical Facility: 3-6 athletic trainers are on-site and around the dorms. A doctor is on-call for emergencies.
- Extra Activities: MBSC/NIKE Soccer Camp is one of the only camps that offer nightly OFF-campus activities. Our pre-organized evening/weekend activities include: laser tag, bowling, Hard Rock Café, game arcade, Six Flags Amusement Park (weekend), and whale watching (weekend). Activities are optional, and campers who choose to remain on-campus will enjoy alternate activities such as ping pong, movies, board games, and volleyball. Counselors stay on campus and accompany off campus trips to ensure 24/7 supervision of all campers.
- All-inclusive tuition: Covers language instruction, sport instruction, housing, meals, roundtrip airport transfers, weekend stayover(s), and activities (two per week, plus one additional if staying for weekend).
- Registration Packet: A detailed camper registration packet containing check-in location, health & release forms, emergency contact info, and a packing list will be emailed to all registered campers in spring 2013. Our health and release forms require a doctor's signature and will be collected on the first day of camp. International campers must have health insurance valid in the US in order to attend camps.