Nike Baseball Camp Montreat College
Improve your game and have serious fun
at Nike Baseball Camps
NIKE Baseball Camps are excited to return to Montreat College. Directing this camp will be veteran Nike Baseball Camp Director and Montreat college's Head Coach, Jason Beck. Each day will be filled with baseball drills that cover hitting, fielding, base running, and team play to help each camper take their game to the next level!
Directing this Nike Baseball Camp is Head Baseball Coach at Montreat College, Jason Beck.
- Professional instruction from college coaches and college-aged instructors
- 10:1 camper/staff ratio
- Nike Camp T-shirt, Lanyard and Nike Prizes
- View More Details ⟩
Camp Director Jason Beck
Jason Beck joined Montreat’s athletics staff as the head baseball coach in June 2016 after leading the Southeastern University Fire for 12 seasons. Previous to Southeastern, Beck began his head coaching career with the Nyack College Warriors where he coached for six years.View Jason Beck's Bio ⟩
"I'm really appreciative of the process we went through to search and select our next head baseball coach," said Athletic Director Jose Larios. "We had some really gifted candidates, though Coach Beck's head coaching longevity, academic emphasis, Christian leadership, and success on the diamond really set him apart."
Coach Beck took over a baseball program that previously finished 15-38, and within two years took the program to the Appalachian Athletic Conference playoffs for the first time since 2009. Additionally, Beck produced Montreat’s first MLB draft pick since 2002, catcher Kevynn Arias-Liriano.
"I want to thank President Maurer and Athletic Director Larios for giving me this amazing opportunity," shared Coach Beck. "I am very excited to have the opportunity to coach at Montreat College where they truly want to put intentionality on spiritual growth as well as competing at a high athletic level. We cannot wait to get to Montreat to fully engage in the community there."
When asked about what interested him about this position, Coach Beck said this:
"I am excited for the opportunity to assist in getting the Montreat College program back to championship-level baseball. It is especially refreshing to see an administration excited about furthering the kingdom and showing everyone that you can be a Christ follower and a top student athlete. It's encouraging to see an athletic department that works together and cares not just about wins and losses but also building character and high quality members of the Kingdom."
Coach Beck has accumulated over 660 wins since 1999 in the NCCAA, NAIA and NCAA D-II. With seven of his seasons boasting 40+ wins, he has amassed an average of 34 wins each year for his career. Beck's teams earned a right to play in the NAIA national tournament in both the 2014 and 2015 seasons, while being ranked in the NAIA's top-20 for his last three seasons at Southeastern, climbing as high as 15th.
Additionally, Coach Beck has witnessed 14 of his players go on to sign MLB contracts, most notably is Dee Gordon's role with the Miami Marlins. Chris Mattison, Coach Beck’s NAIA honorable mention All-American, was drafted in the 16th round by the San Diego Padres. 20 other players have gone on to sign other free agent, independent league contracts.
Academically, Coach Beck's teams have recently boasted a 3.1 GPA.
"I'm appreciative for Coach Beck's correlation with success as it pertains to the classroom and on the field. He recognizes the importance of our players being an ambassador in the classroom and in the community," added Larios. "His athletic success is notable, and very impressive, though his expectation is for his student athletes to be well-rounded contributors to our community."
Coach Beck and his wife Deb reside in Black Mountain with their two children, Gavin and Kelsey.
The Nike Baseball Camp at the Montreat College will offer three program options: Overnight, Extended Day (9:00 am - 9:00 pm) and Day (9:00 am - 3:00 pm). Each program offers the full baseball experience with drills covering fielding, hitting and game time situations!
2019 Camp Dates
- July 22-26 (Monday-Friday)
Please note: The following information may be subject to change.
2019 SESSION SCHEDULE
CAMP DATES: JUly 22-26 (Mon-fri)
- Check-in: 1:30-2:00 p.m. on Monday for all campers. See registration packet for specific location.
- Check-out: Graduation takes place at 11:30 a.m. on Friday. Parents are invited to attend. Check out will take place immediately after.
- Day Camper Schedule: Monday: 1:30-9:00 p.m., Tuesday-Thursday: 8:30-3:00 p.m., Friday: 8:30-12:00 p.m.
- Extended Day Camper Schedule: Monday: 1:30-9:00 p.m., Tuesday-Thursday: 8:30-9:00 p.m., Friday: 8:30-12:00 p.m.
What's included in the fee?
- Daily baseball instruction
- Overnight campers: Dormitory housing on campus and all meals are provided.
- Extended Day campers: Lunch and dinner are provided.
- Day campers: Lunch will be provided.
- Supervision: Staff members reside in rooms strategically placed throughout the dorm to provide optimal supervision, and participate in all activities.
- Camp T-shirt & Nike Lanyard: All campers receive a Nike Baseball Camp t-shirt and Nike Lanyard.
INSTRUCTION, EQUIPMENT & FACILITY
- Low camper to coach ratio
- Players Grouped by: age and ability
- Equipment Needed: Players should supply their own glove, cleats, bat and a helmet and wear baseball attire (baseball pants recommended)
- Facility: Outdoor Fields. Indoor facilities available during inclement weather conditions.
- Medical Protocol: In case of an emergency, campers will be transported to the nearest hospital.
- Dorm: See registration packet for specific on-campus dorm.
- Campers Per Room: 2 (unless otherwise noted in registration packet)
- Roommates: Rooms are assigned by age & roommate requests. Roommate requests must be received no later than 14 days before the start of camp. If you don't have a roommate request, you will be placed in a room with someone near your age. It will be a great opportunity to meet someone new!
- Linens: Not included. Bring linens or sleeping bag, pillow, pillowcase, and a towel.
- Air Conditioning: No, campers are encouraged to bring a fan.
Nike Baseball Camps does not provide transportation from airports, train stations or bus depots. If you have a child flying to camp, please arrange a shuttle or taxi service.
If you have a group of campers registering for the same camp, each camper is eligible for a discount. Please have someone contact the US Sports Camps office at 1-800-645-3226 with the names of each camper in the group and we will create a unique discount code for your group. Campers may then register individually through the website at their convenience and apply the offer code during check out. *Discount amount varies by program. Please call for details.
A detailed camper registration packet containing check in location, health/release forms, emergency contact info, and a list of things to bring will be emailed to all registered campers in the Spring. Our health and release forms may require a doctor's signature (please reference your camp packet). All required forms will be collected on the first day of camp.
Camps are open to any and all entrants, limited only by number, age, grade level and/or gender.
Sample Daily Schedule
- 7:00 a.m. Wake-up, breakfast (Overnight Campers)
- 8:45 a.m. Arrival (Extended & Day Campers), stretching
- 9:00 a.m. Individual instruction and drill work
- 11:30 a.m. Lunch, free time
- 1:00 p.m. Fundamental instruction and drills, position play
- 3:00 p.m. Day Campers Depart
- 4:30 p.m. Free time, relax, visit with friends
- 5:00 p.m. Dinner
- 6:15 p.m. Chalk talks
- 8:30 p.m. Evening activities
- 9:00 p.m. Extended Day Campers Depart
- 10:00 p.m. Lights Out!
Home of the Montreat Cavaliers baseball team located on the main campus.
Camp ReviewsSubmit a review
July 7, 2017: This camp was great it helped me be a better ball player.
— Alan W. Parent
Enjoyed working with players and coaches
July 5, 2017: Ty enjoyed working with the Montreat College players and coaches. The program was well organized and facilitated.
— Danielle P. Parent
July 5, 2017: Staying in the dorms, playing ball everyday, worked on Jackson's swing
— Susan T. Parent