Nike Field Hockey Camp at Worcester State University
Improve your game and have serious fun
at Nike Field Hockey Camps
Our popular college field hockey camp in Massachusetts is open to girls, ages 10-18, looking to develop their skills through various stick work drills and gameplay situations while creating new friendships!
Unleash your potential this summer at our field hockey camp at Worcester State University led by Nike Camp Director, Lauren Chenevert. These overnight field hockey camps provide the opportunity for players to improve their field hockey skills in a fun and competitive environment.
- Partner Camp of USA Field Hockey; sanctioned to make referrals to USAFH Nexus program
- Morning, afternoon, and evening training sessions
- 10:1 Camper to Staff ratio
- Excellent resident, dining, and training facilities
- All attendee receive a Nike Field Hockey Camps package (reversible jersey, ball, lanyard) and other fun prizes.
- View More Details ⟩
Camp Director Lauren Chenevert
Coach Lauren Chenevert is the Head Field Hockey Coach at Anna Maria College.View Lauren's Bio ⟩
The Anna Maria College Athletic Department has announced the hiring of Lauren Chenevert as their new head field hockey coach.
“I am honored to join the staff at Anna Maria College.” Coach Chenevert said of taking the reins of the AMCATS. “Coaching [on the collegiate level] has always been a career aspiration of mine but I was very cautious that it had to be at the right time and the right school. It’s time and Anna Maria is the right school! When I toured the school, I felt the administration at AMC echoed the same values and community that I envisioned in an athletic department. I am very excited to get started!“
Chenevert brings a wealth of experience to the program, having served as the director of the Worcester County United Field Hockey Academy since 2006 and as a Director with Nike U.S. Sports Camps since 2008. As head coach at Shrewsbury High School, she accumulated a record of 276-44-18 where the team was nationally ranked. She has also coached in the US Futures program, Baystate Games, Cape Cod Classic Field Hockey Showcase and runs a successful college consulting business.
Chenevert graduated from Springfield College in 1996 with degrees in English and Secondary Education with a minor in sports management.
“I am excited to add Lauren [Chenevert] to the athletic department staff and the campus community as the new head field hockey coach,” commented Joe Brady ‘96, Director of Athletics. “Lauren has a wealth of coaching experiences that makes her a perfect fit to lead our program. She has numerous recruiting connections that will be valuable in building on the past success of our field hockey team.”
Chenevert will be the tenth head coach in the team’s history. She inherits a historically successful program that has qualified for the postseason for ten consecutive seasons and qualified for the NCAA Championships in 2013.
Some of her accomplishments include:
- 2012 and 2007 State Finalists
- 2009 State Semi-Finalists
- 2012, 2009 & 2007 CMass District Champs
- 2004 CMASS District Finalists
- 2005 and 2007 Central Mass Coach of the Year
- Four CMASS Players of the Year
- 10 Mid-Wach A League MVPs.
- Founder Worcester County United Field Hockey Academy, 2006
- Former Futures Elite assistant coach
- Cape Cod Classic and Super Sophs Massachusetts State coach – 1999-present
- Four championships CCC
- Three championships SS
- Graduate of Springfield College: minor in coaching, a member of the field hockey team
- Camp Coach: UConn, Springfield College, Holy Cross, WPI
- Coached players attending UConn, Boston College, UAlbany, Providence College, Stonehill College, Assumption College, Babson College, Bowdoin College etc.
- Several players have gone on to become collegiate All-Americans and have won NCAA titles
- Married eight years, with three children, Masters in Education
Additional Coaches Camp Staff
Our Camp Director will be assisted by a talented staff which may include their assistant coach(es), current and former collegiate players, and other college and club coaches.
SECURE YOUR SPOT!
Please Note: All camps SOLD OUT in 2023. You can expect high demand on these first-come-first-serve camper spots, so please be sure to register early.
- Dates: 2024 Dates Coming Soon. Join Priority List!
- Age Group: 10-18
- Gender: Girls
- Camp Types: Overnight & Extended Day (Commuter)
- Check-in: 1:00pm on Monday for everyone.
- Check-out: 12:00pm on Thursday, and graduation takes place immediately afterward. Parents are invited to attend.
- Extended Day Schedule: Monday 1:00pm-9:00pm, Tuesday-Wednesday, 9:00am-9:00pm, Thursday 9:00am-12:00pm
- Meals: All meals are provided for Overnight campers. Lunch and dinner are provided for all Extended Day (Commuter) campers.
- Programs: The All Skills program is geared towards players of all abilities. Campers will work on mastering the proper fundamentals for all positions through a mix of drills, games, and competitive play. Upon arrival, all participants are evaluated by the staff and placed into groups based on age and ability level.
- Attend multiple sessions! We encourage campers to maximize their camp experience by attending multiple camp sessions! Each program delivers something unique to help players excel in all areas of the game.
Please note: Camp schedules and details may be subject to change.
The information below subject to change each year.
- Dorm Name: Wasylean Hall
- Number of Campers Per Room: 2 per room
- Roommates: Rooms are assigned by age & roommate requests. Roommate requests must be mutual and received no later than 14 days before the start of camp. If you don't have a roommate request, you will be placed in a room with someone near your age. It will be a great opportunity to meet someone new!
- Bathrooms: Private bathroom per apartment
- Linens: Not provided. Bring linens or sleeping bag, pillow, pillowcase and a towel
- Air Conditioning: TBA
WHAT'S INCLUDED IN THE FEE?
- Instruction: Morning, afternoon, and evening training sessions.
- Overnight campers: Dormitory housing on campus and all meals are provided.
- Extended Day campers: Lunch and dinner are provided.
- Supervision: Staff members reside in campers’ quarters and participate in all activities.
- Camp Gear: All campers receive a Nike Field Hockey Camp package (reversible jersey, ball, water bottle, lanyard) and other fun prizes.
INSTRUCTION, EQUIPMENT & FACILITY
- Ratio: 1:10 staff-to-camper ratio
- Groupings: Campers are grouped by ability, age, and experience.
- Equipment Needed: Hockey stick, water bottle, mouth guard, shin guards, cleats, and turf shoes (goalies must bring full goalie protective equipment)
- Inclement Weather Plan: TBA for 2023
- Medical Protocol: Most camps have an athletic trainer on-site to help with illness or injury. In case of an emergency, campers will be transported to the nearest hospital.
PREPARE FOR CAMP: COMPLETE YOUR PRE-CAMP CHECKLIST
To view your customer account, complete your mandatory forms, pay balance dues, and review
important camp information, visit Pre-Camp Checklist.
All necessary camp information is on this page. If there are any imperative changes prior to
camp start, registered campers will be notified via email and this webpage will be updated!
CHECKLIST OF THINGS TO BRING
Below is a suggested list of clothes, equipment, and personal items. US Sports Camps is NOT responsible for lost or stolen articles or money.
ALL CAMPERS (OVERNIGHT & COMMUTERS):
- Athletic, on-field clothing (t-shirts, shorts)
- Turf shoes or sneakers
- Reversible jersey
- Hockey Stick(s)
- Mouth guard
- Shin guards
- Goggles (not required, but recommended)
- Court shoes for indoor play in case of rain
- Goalies must bring their own full protective equipment
- Water bottle
- Small gym bag/backpack
- Packed lunch (if required for commuters)
- Spending money
- COVID PPE (as required by state/local guidelines)
- Signed Health & Release forms and waivers (forms completed online do not need to be printed and turned in at camp)
OVERNIGHT CAMPERS ONLY:
- Athletic clothing mentioned above (1-2 pairs/day)
- Comfortable off-court clothing (pants/shorts, shirts, sweatshirts, 1 pair/day)
- Undergarments (1-2 pair/day)
- Flip flops
- Laundry bag
- Toiletries (shampoo, conditioner, bodywash, facewash, hairbrush, toothbrush, toothpaste, deodorant, etc.)
- Personal items & medications
- Eye mask, ear plugs (optional)
- Washcloth and bath towel
- Alarm clock
- Fan (optional)
- Bed sheets (if linens not provided)
- Comforter or sleeping bag (if linens not provided)
- Pillow and pillowcase (if linens not provided)
Transportation is not provided. Campers are responsible for getting to and from camp on their own. There is no supervision before or after camp hours so please make arrangements to pick up your child on time.
For information regarding our cancellation policy and all other company policies, please visit USSC Policies.
NIKE FIELD HOCKEY CAMP FAQ
For general questions about our field hockey camps please see our FAQ page.
If you have a group of eight or more campers registering for the same camp, each camper is eligible for a discount. Please have someone contact the US Sports Camps office at 1-800-645-3226 with the names of each camper in the group and we will create a unique discount code for your group. Campers may then register individually through the website at their convenience and apply the offer code during check out. *Discount amount varies by program. Please call for details.
We cannot offer scholarships due to NCAA regulations. Our affiliation with NCAA coaches and schools puts us in a position where any scholarship money can be seen as an inducement to a future collegiate athlete. This puts our coaches and our host universities in jeopardy of damaging their status with the NCAA and incurring penalties at the hands of their organizing body.
Camps are open to any and all entrants, limited only by number, age, grade level and/or gender. This camp is in compliance with the MA BOH laws.
*This camp must comply with regulations of the MDPH & be licensed by the LBOH. Parents/guardians have the right to review background check, health care, discipline policies and grievance procedures upon request.
- 7:00am Wake Up Call
- 7:30am-8:30am Breakfast
- 9:00am Extended Day Campers arrive/Warm Up
- 9:30am-11:30am Training Session I
- 11:30am-12:30pm Lunch/Rest
- 12:30pm-2:30pm Training Session II
- 2:30pm-2:45pm Rest
- 2:45pm-4:00pm Training Session III
- 4:00pm-6:00pm Dinner/Rest
- 6:00pm-8:45pm Training/Nighttime Activities
- 9:00pm Extended Day Campers Depart/Overnight Campers to their rooms
- 10:00pm Lights out, Bed Checks
Worcester State University: Located only one hour west of Boston, picturesque Worcester State University spans 58 acres in the residential west side of Worcester, Massachusetts. The John Coughlin Memorial Field is an artificial surface stadium that has state-of-the-art lighting and is home to the Lancers field hockey team.
Camp Questions & Answers
Can I sign up for more than 1 session/program?
Absolutely! Campers are encouraged to attend multiple sessions. Each program delivers something unique to help players excel in all areas of the game. Many campers will attend more than one session to further refine their skills, compete against new players, or choose a session with a different program focus.
July 28, 2022: Quality of the instruction/drills/practices and my daughter and niece LOVED the food!
August 5, 2023: Great first away from home experience
August 15, 2023: My daughter wants to go back every summer!
July 22, 2022: Coaches were great and the dorm experience was a lot of fun.
July 15, 2022: Hard to choose one highlight. Our daughter loved the coaching staff.
July 17, 2022: The staff was amazing, and they came back with new and improved skills.
July 15, 2022: Meeting and getting exposure to coaches from local and respected colleges.
July 14, 2023: My daughter feels that she reached her goal on improving some of her skills.
July 22, 2022: Wyley getting to work with many different coaches and playing with new people.
July 14, 2023: My daughter loved sleeping in the dorms, all the games, and playing with new friends!
July 14, 2023: It was my daughter first sleep away camp, and she felt prepared and had a lot of fun!
July 22, 2022: My daughter found "her" sport and loved it. Wants to join a club now to actively play!
July 15, 2022: My daughter thought the coaches were great! Lauren went above and beyond for the campers
July 21, 2022: The independence my child learned doing her first sleep over. Learning new field hockey skills.
July 22, 2022: Where do I begin? The final games were so exciting! Plus, seeing our daughter's skills develop was the highlight!!!
August 4, 2023: Kiddo left stating, "I loved it. Can I come back next year?" Note that this was her first ever experience with field hockey.
August 4, 2023: The goalie coaching my daughter received was incredibly valuable. She had a fabulous time and learned so many skills and met so many great people. I cant wait for next year's camp!
August 7, 2023: Bridget absolutely loved every aspect of the camp, from the college/dorm experience, to attending with nine of her teammates and bonding with them, plus meeting new players from all over.
he appeared more mature
SECURE YOUR SPOT – CAMPS SELL OUT!
Last year over 650 Sports Camps sold out, leaving 7,000+ campers on the waitlist. Due to high demand, early registration for our first-come-first-serve camps is strongly recommended.