Nike Field Hockey Camp at Worcester State University
Improve your game and have serious fun
at Nike Field Hockey Camps
Our popular college field hockey camp in Massachusetts is open to girls, ages 10-18, looking to develop their skills through various stick work drills and gameplay situations while creating new friendships!
Unleash your potential this summer at our field hockey camp at Worcester State University led by Nike Camp Director, Lauren Chenevert. These overnight field hockey camps provide the opportunity for players to improve their field hockey skills in a fun and competitive environment.
- Partner Camp of USA Field Hockey; sanctioned to make referrals to USAFH Nexus program
- Morning, afternoon, and evening training sessions
- 10:1 Camper to Staff ratio
- Excellent resident, dining, and training facilities
- All attendee receive a Nike Field Hockey Camps package (reversible jersey, ball, lanyard) and other fun prizes.
- View More Details ⟩
Camp Director Lauren Chenevert
Coach Lauren Chenevert is the Head Field Hockey Coach at Anna Maria College.View Lauren's Bio ⟩
The Anna Maria College Athletic Department has announced the hiring of Lauren Chenevert as their new head field hockey coach.
“I am honored to join the staff at Anna Maria College.” Coach Chenevert said of taking the reins of the AMCATS. “Coaching [on the collegiate level] has always been a career aspiration of mine but I was very cautious that it had to be at the right time and the right school. It’s time and Anna Maria is the right school! When I toured the school, I felt the administration at AMC echoed the same values and community that I envisioned in an athletic department. I am very excited to get started!“
Chenevert brings a wealth of experience to the program, having served as the director of the Worcester County United Field Hockey Academy since 2006 and as a Director with Nike U.S. Sports Camps since 2008. As head coach at Shrewsbury High School, she accumulated a record of 276-44-18 where the team was nationally ranked. She has also coached in the US Futures program, Baystate Games, Cape Cod Classic Field Hockey Showcase and runs a successful college consulting business.
Chenevert graduated from Springfield College in 1996 with degrees in English and Secondary Education with a minor in sports management.
“I am excited to add Lauren [Chenevert] to the athletic department staff and the campus community as the new head field hockey coach,” commented Joe Brady ‘96, Director of Athletics. “Lauren has a wealth of coaching experiences that makes her a perfect fit to lead our program. She has numerous recruiting connections that will be valuable in building on the past success of our field hockey team.”
Chenevert will be the tenth head coach in the team’s history. She inherits a historically successful program that has qualified for the postseason for ten consecutive seasons and qualified for the NCAA Championships in 2013.
Some of her accomplishments include:
- 2012 and 2007 State Finalists
- 2009 State Semi-Finalists
- 2012, 2009 & 2007 CMass District Champs
- 2004 CMASS District Finalists
- 2005 and 2007 Central Mass Coach of the Year
- Four CMASS Players of the Year
- 10 Mid-Wach A League MVPs.
- Founder Worcester County United Field Hockey Academy, 2006
- Former Futures Elite assistant coach
- Cape Cod Classic and Super Sophs Massachusetts State coach – 1999-present
- Four championships CCC
- Three championships SS
- Graduate of Springfield College: minor in coaching, a member of the field hockey team
- Camp Coach: UConn, Springfield College, Holy Cross, WPI
- Coached players attending UConn, Boston College, UAlbany, Providence College, Stonehill College, Assumption College, Babson College, Bowdoin College etc.
- Several players have gone on to become collegiate All-Americans and have won NCAA titles
- Married eight years, with three children, Masters in Education
Additional Coaches Camp Staff
Our Camp Director will be assisted by a talented staff which may include their assistant coach(es), current and former collegiate players, and other college and club coaches.
SECURE YOUR SPOT!
You can expect high demand on these first-come-first-serve camper spots, so please be sure to register early.
- Dates: July 10-13 | July 31-August 3
- Age Group: 10-18
- Gender: Girls
- Camp Types: Overnight & Extended Day (Commuter)
- Check-in: 1:00pm on Monday for everyone.
- Check-out: 12:00pm on Thursday, and graduation takes place immediately afterward. Parents are invited to attend.
- Extended Day Schedule: Monday 1:00pm-9:00pm, Tuesday-Wednesday, 9:00am-9:00pm, Thursday 9:00am-12:00pm
- Meals: All meals are provided for Overnight campers. Lunch and dinner are provided for all Extended Day (Commuter) campers.
- Programs: The All Skills program is geared towards players of all abilities. Campers will work on mastering the proper fundamentals for all positions through a mix of drills, games, and competitive play. Upon arrival, all participants are evaluated by the staff and placed into groups based on age and ability level.
- Attend multiple sessions! We encourage campers to maximize their camp experience by attending multiple camp sessions! Each program delivers something unique to help players excel in all areas of the game.
Please note: Camp schedules and details may be subject to change.
The information below subject to change each year.
- Dorm Name: Wasylean Hall
- Number of Campers Per Room: 2 per room
- Roommates: Rooms are assigned by age & roommate requests. Roommate requests must be mutual and received no later than 14 days before the start of camp. If you don't have a roommate request, you will be placed in a room with someone near your age. It will be a great opportunity to meet someone new!
- Bathrooms: Private bathroom per apartment
- Linens: Not provided. Bring linens or sleeping bag, pillow, pillowcase and a towel
- Air Conditioning: TBA
WHAT'S INCLUDED IN THE FEE?
- Instruction: Morning, afternoon, and evening training sessions.
- Overnight campers: Dormitory housing on campus and all meals are provided.
- Extended Day campers: Lunch and dinner are provided.
- Supervision: Staff members reside in campers’ quarters and participate in all activities.
- Camp Gear: All campers receive a Nike Field Hockey Camp package (reversible jersey, ball, water bottle, lanyard) and other fun prizes.
INSTRUCTION, EQUIPMENT & FACILITY
- Ratio: 1:10 staff-to-camper ratio
- Groupings: Campers are grouped by ability, age, and experience.
- Equipment Needed: Hockey stick, water bottle, mouth guard, shin guards, cleats, and turf shoes (goalies must bring full goalie protective equipment)
- Inclement Weather Plan: TBA for 2023
- Medical Protocol: Most camps have an athletic trainer on-site to help with illness or injury. In case of an emergency, campers will be transported to the nearest hospital.
PREPARE FOR CAMP: COMPLETE YOUR PRE-CAMP CHECKLIST
To view your customer account, complete your mandatory forms, pay balance dues, and review
important camp information, visit Pre-Camp Checklist.
All necessary camp information is on this page. If there are any imperative changes prior to
camp start, registered campers will be notified via email and this webpage will be updated!
CHECKLIST OF THINGS TO BRING
Below is a suggested list of clothes, equipment, and personal items. US Sports Camps is NOT responsible for lost or stolen articles or money.
ALL CAMPERS (OVERNIGHT & COMMUTERS):
- Athletic, on-field clothing (t-shirts, shorts)
- Turf shoes or sneakers
- Reversible jersey
- Hockey Stick(s)
- Mouth guard
- Shin guards
- Goggles (not required, but recommended)
- Court shoes for indoor play in case of rain
- Goalies must bring their own full protective equipment
- Water bottle*
- Small gym bag/backpack
- Packed lunch (if required for commuters)
- Spending money
- COVID PPE (as required by state/local guidelines)
- Signed Health & Release forms and waivers (forms completed online do not need to be printed and turned in at camp)
OVERNIGHT CAMPERS ONLY:
- Athletic clothing mentioned above (1-2 pairs/day)
- Comfortable off-court clothing (pants/shorts, shirts, sweatshirts, 1 pair/day)
- Undergarments (1-2 pair/day)
- Flip flops
- Laundry bag
- Toiletries (shampoo, conditioner, bodywash, facewash, hairbrush, toothbrush, toothpaste, deodorant, etc.)
- Personal items & medications
- Eye mask, ear plugs (optional)
- Washcloth and bath towel
- Alarm clock
- Fan (optional)
- Bed sheets (if linens not provided)
- Comforter or sleeping bag (if linens not provided)
- Pillow and pillowcase (if linens not provided)
Transportation is not provided. Campers are responsible for getting to and from camp on their own. There is no supervision before or after camp hours so please make arrangements to pick up your child on time.
For information regarding our cancellation policy and all other company policies, please visit USSC Policies.
NIKE FIELD HOCKEY CAMP FAQ
For general questions about our field hockey camps please see our FAQ page.
If you have a group of eight or more campers registering for the same camp, each camper is eligible for a discount. Please have someone contact the US Sports Camps office at 1-800-645-3226 with the names of each camper in the group and we will create a unique discount code for your group. Campers may then register individually through the website at their convenience and apply the offer code during check out. *Discount amount varies by program. Please call for details.
We cannot offer scholarships due to NCAA regulations. Our affiliation with NCAA coaches and schools puts us in a position where any scholarship money can be seen as an inducement to a future collegiate athlete. This puts our coaches and our host universities in jeopardy of damaging their status with the NCAA and incurring penalties at the hands of their organizing body.
Camps are open to any and all entrants, limited only by number, age, grade level and/or gender. This camp is in compliance with the MA BOH laws.
*This camp must comply with regulations of the MDPH & be licensed by the LBOH. Parents/guardians have the right to review background check, health care, discipline policies and grievance procedures upon request.
- 7:00am Wake Up Call
- 7:30am-8:30am Breakfast
- 9:00am Extended Day Campers arrive/Warm Up
- 9:30am-11:30am Training Session I
- 11:30am-12:30pm Lunch/Rest
- 12:30pm-2:30pm Training Session II
- 2:30pm-2:45pm Rest
- 2:45pm-4:00pm Training Session III
- 4:00pm-6:00pm Dinner/Rest
- 6:00pm-8:45pm Training/Nighttime Activities
- 9:00pm Extended Day Campers Depart/Overnight Campers to their rooms
- 10:00pm Lights out, Bed Checks
Worcester State University: Located only one hour west of Boston, picturesque Worcester State University spans 58 acres in the residential west side of Worcester, Massachusetts. The John Coughlin Memorial Field is an artificial surface stadium that has state-of-the-art lighting and is home to the Lancers field hockey team.
Camp Questions & Answers
Can I sign up for more than 1 session/program?
Absolutely! Campers are encouraged to attend multiple sessions. Each program delivers something unique to help players excel in all areas of the game. Many campers will attend more than one session to further refine their skills, compete against new players, or choose a session with a different program focus.
Camp ReviewsSubmit a review
Overall Average RatingStars
She came home happy every day, was excited to talk about the drills, scrimmage and even stretching.
July 23, 2021: She came home happy every day, was excited to talk about the drills, scrimmage and even stretching. Was well organized, we will be attending next year.
— Rob R.
She will definitely be doing more Nike field hockey camps. Thank you!
July 26, 2021: Clara LOVED this camp!!! There were no bad points. Clara especially loved the camaraderie of the campers and the “Olympic” competition. She will definitely be doing more Nike field hockey camps. Thank you!
— Jennifer D.
She had a great week at camp.
July 23, 2021: She had a great week at camp. She was disappointed on one of the days when she was moved to a group that had less experience but the situation was rectified the following day when she was placed back with her original group. We look forward to next year.
— Nancy B.
Phenomenal from start to finish
July 25, 2019: Emily had a great time at her field hockey camp this past week! She not only improved her skills, but she made friends and memories to last a lifetime! I highly recommend this camp to my friends/family members. The camp Director and coaches were phenomenal!
— Bridget F. Parent
July 25, 2019: Good drills, nice people, fun games, addition of talent show was fun!
— Michael L. Parent
She wants to come back
July 25, 2019: Marissa came home and had nothing but great things to say about the camp. Definitely will be back next year.
— Erica L. Parent
Great every year!
July 19, 2019: She really enjoyed making new friends and advancing her skills. She had great things to say about the coaching staff. It was another great year at camp.
— Justin B. Parent
July 19, 2019: The food was delicious and the games were fun when they were able to pick out their teams for the games.
— Pam R. Parent
Great camp overall
July 19, 2019: She had a great time. Met some new friends. Loved the food. Learned some new skills she couldn’t do before and coaches clarified what to do to improve on skills she had learned previously.
— Jennifer C. Parent
August 3, 2018: As it was her first time being introduced to the sport and her being one of the youngest ones there I was nervous how it would all play out. Everyone was welcoming and took her under their wing. It was obvious that the coaches gave and expected respect at all times from the players. It was well organized and I felt safe dropping my 10 year old off knowing she would be well cared for.
— Michelle B. Parent
July 30, 2018: Great camp. Very organized and fostered a outstanding atmosphere for fun and learning of field hockey. Highlights included learning new skills for the sport and making new friends with the same interests.
— Justin B. Parent
Can't wait to come back
July 27, 2018: My daughter really loves this camp! It is her second year attending and she can’t wait to be back next year! The coaching was top notch! The facility was clean. Everything was organized and easy to check in and out. Her only complaint was that she wishes the breakfast was better, but she did say the food was better than last year!
— Kristen F. Parent
July 20, 2018: The Coaching was phenomenal. My child was fortunate to have a young woman from VA who played on the indoor Olympic team and she had such passion for the sport it was infectious!!! It truly enhanced the opportunity to play for a new coach that was foreign to her. The coaching was at a whole other level than what we were accustomed to and I saw a dramatic improvement in my child’s skills. There is not one thing I could possibly say should change about this camp. It was such a positive experience for my child being her first sleep away camp and everything about it was top notch!
— Kimberly G. Parent
Loved coach Alex!
July 27, 2017: Coach Alex was the highlight of camp. My daughter is a beginner and has been a field hockey player for a total of 7 days: 3 at previous clinic and 4 days at your camp. Coach Alex was patient, kind, and extremely knowledgeable.
— Courtney N. Parent
Improved her skills!
July 27, 2017; Both girls felt like their skills improved and both feel more confident in their playing abilities. Both girls would have stayed for a full week or longer!
— Suzanne P. Parent
Loved the feedback!
July 24, 2017: Seeing friends she made last year was what she was most looking forward to, but I like the attention and feedback on skills the campers get.
— Mary F. Parent
Enjoyed the drills!
July 24, 2017: My daughter truly enjoyed the drills. She felt as though she has started to learn skills that will help her become the player she wants to be. She wanted more breaks.
— Scott, T Parent
July 21, 2017: She learned a lot and improved her field hockey skills. She also met some great girls and had a lot of fun. It was her first overnight camp experience and a very positive one. The university was great and the dorm rooms were clean and well maintained. She enjoyed the activities and liked her counselors. Her only criticism was the food.
— Jennifer K. Parent
Fun with new friends!
July 20, 2017: I had lots of fun bonding with suite mates and night team mates. I wish the dining hall had more options.
— Toni T. Camper
July 20, 2017: Carolyn says she enjoyed everything. This was her first year as an overnight camper and she really loved it! She liked having a chance to do field play since during the rest of the year she focuses on playing goalie. She says the skills she was taught at camp definitely helped her development as a field player.
— Jennifer S. Parent
Cant wait to come back
August 4, 2016: This was the first overnight camp I've been to, and the coaches and campers were so nice! I learned a ton about my position on defense that I'll use this season! I'd definately come back again!
— Ella F. Camper
July 30, 2016: I have been going to this Nike Field Hockey Camp for the past 2 years and I love it! The first year I went as a field player, which was really helpful because it gave me a lot of confidence for my first day of tryouts. And for my second year, I went as a goal keeper and I reviewed all the basics and got my mind refreshed for the upcoming season. The coaches are awesome and the people there are amazing too! I met my best friends there!! It's a great experience, you put hard work in and get to have a ton of fun!
— Olivia S. Camper
July 25, 2015: I felt like I was able to improve my skills at this camp and it was great to meet other field hockey players from the area. The enthusiastic staff was awesome!!
— Natalie C. Camper
July 14, 2015: This was my second camp and can't wait for the third. I was nervous about staying overnight this year, I am so glad I decided to sleep at camp. Love it.
— Lily B. Camper
Loved every minute
July 11, 2015: Nike Field Hockey camp is an intense, fun week of field hockey. My daughter improved tremendously. She loved every minute of the camp.
— Denise S. Parent
As a parent of a camper, one main priority for me was that she was safe. I truly feel this priority was accomplished during my daughter's stay at camp.
— Parent '14
Safe and exciting setting
Nike field hockey camps offer a safe and exciting setting where you can improve your skills. We highly recommend the camp.
— Parent '14
The camp was a lot of fun, the coaches were nice, and I felt I improved my skills over the week.
— Camper '14
I loved this camp! Everyone was super nice and they separated everyone by skill level which created a really comfortable atmosphere within our group. Night games were my favorite though, and our team became really close by the end of the session! I can't wait to go back next year!
— Camper '13
This was our first experience with a camp and we were very happy with all aspects of the camp; the coaching, the skills taught, the lodging, the meals and the friendships the girls made! It was an awesome experience for my daughter!
— Parent '13
The facility was very nice and the camp was well organized. I felt comfortable leaving my daughter in good hands for the week.
— Parent '13
If your daughter is looking to play Field Hockey this is the camp !!!! Great Value. Very Happy Parent.
— Parent '13
Awesome week with my team!
As the captain of my high school team, I had an awesome week and I know my team also enjoyed it. During day sessions, I learned a few new moves and definitely improved my over game skills. During night sessions, my teammates and I became closer and more comfortable playing together.
— Camper '13
Can't wait for next year!
If you are looking for a camp to take your game to the next level and have fun and meet great new people then this camp is for you! I can not wait to go back next summer!
— Camper '13
My daughter had a great time at the Nike Field Hockey Camp in Worcester and she can't wait to go back next year. It was her first overnight camp and I couldn't have hoped for a more positive experience. She learned a lot and it was obvious at her recent game.
— Parent '13
Boosted my confidence!
I would definitely recommend Nike Field Hockey Camps to other people. I learned about new skills and rules, I improved the skills I already knew, and I met plenty of new friends. I feel like this camp boosted my confidence in my game and gave me more tools to work with during a field hockey game.
— Camper '13
Couldn't have Asked for More
“Could not have asked for a better experience! Great coaches, great instructions and I was always challenged!”
— Camper '13
“The coaches were all very nice and approachable. The camp was very intense and I left feeling like I was prepared for the season.”
— Camper '13
Great Encouragement and Coaching
“The staff did an excellent job pushing my daughter beyond what she thought she was capable of doing. They were always encouraging which made increased her self confidence.”
— Parent '13
“What a wonderful experience for my daughter! She participated in the extended camp, leery of the sleep over experience being only 11 years old. She met a wonderful group of girls, and I had a difficult time getting her to come home each night. The coaches were very encouraging, helping to increase the confidence in her abilities. She can't wait to return next year...and do the ‘sleep away.’”
— Parent '13
Gives You More Confidence
“Nike Field Hockey camp gives you more confidence in your game and a chance to meet all types of players. It's an experience I would recommend to anyone who loves the game of field hockey and having fun.”
— Camper '13
Great role models
The staff at Worcester State engaged the students appropriately. They made them feel welcome and they made them feel like they were part of something bigger than themselves. My daughter's skill level improved tremendously. But not only did she grow as a player but gained confidence and independence as a young girl!! That means the world to me and I couldn't ask for better role models than the staff at Worcester State Nike Camp and Coach Lauren Chenevert!!
— Parent '13
Wonderful first camp
Nike brought my daughters skills to the next level. The coaches and staff are professional, experienced, knowledgeable, and FUN!!! This was my daughters first sleep away camp and she had a wonderful experience and can't wait to return.
— Parent '12
My daughter had a wonderful experience at the WSU Nike Field Hockey Camp and I would highly recommend this camp to all girls who are interested in advancing their skills along with meeting new friends and having fun as a team.
— Parent '12
Wish it was longer
I loved the camp I had such a great time !! I wish it was longer I would spend 2 -3 weeks !! I made such amazing friends and learned so much
— Camper '12
SECURE YOUR SPOT – CAMPS SELL OUT!
Last year over 650 Sports Camps sold out, leaving 7,000+ campers on the waitlist. Due to high demand, early registration for our first-come-first-serve camps is strongly recommended.