Nike Elite Golf Camp, Sam Houston State University
Improve your game and have serious fun at
Nike Junior Golf Camps
Nike Elite Golf Camps is excited to announce its NEW Elite Camp at Sam Houston State University! Hosted by SHSU's Head Golf Coach, Brandt Kieschnick, this two-day program recreates the practice regimens of a highly competitive collegiate golf team and aims to improve each campers game in a Division I golf environment.
The two-day Elite Camp is designed for the golfer who desires to play at the collegiate level and develop their game. It is open to all skill levels and geared towards players who are playing competitively or wanting to play competitively! This camp offers a “Division 1 College Golf” simulated team practice and each camper will learn how to train like a Division I Golfer to help better their scores on the course!
This camp is open to any and all entrants (only limited by age, gender, and number).
- Small group instruction from Division I coaches and varsity players at McIver Training Facility
- Trackman – Swing analysis and Full-Swing drill practice
- “Course Management and Strategy” training on the golf course
- Short Game, Putting Drills, Wedge Combine (Trackman) & Mental Game Training
- Camper amenity package including a Nike hat, drawstring bag, SRIXON golf balls, camp workbook and graduation certificate
- Golf statistics to track in your game
- View More Details ⟩
Camp Director Brandt Kieschnick
A former standout as a member of the Bearkat Golf Team (1995-1999), Head Coach Brandt Kieschnick took over the SHSU Golf Program on August 1, 2012 and has brought the winning tradition to the program and was awarded the 2021 Dave Williams National Coach of the Year!View Brandt Kieschnick's Bio ⟩
Under the direction of Kieschnick, the Bearkats claimed consecutive Southland Conference Championships for the first time in program history, doing so in 2013-14 and 2014-15. The 2014 Southland Conference title was the first in 20 years for Sam Houston and occurred in just the second season under the new head man.
- Named the 2021 Dave Williams National Coach of the Year
- Led Sam Houston State University to its 1st National Championship birth in 2021 finishing 9th at the NCAA Championship and 1 spot from Match-Play
- Led the Bearkats to its first top 20 National Ranking finishing the 2021 season at #16 in the Final National Rankings
- Led SHSU to 5 Southland Conference Championships (2014, 2015, 2018, 2019, 2021) -Led Sam Houston State University to its 1st Southland Conference Championship (2014) in 20 years -1st in school history to defend their Southland Conference Championship (2014-2015, 2018-2019) and 1st in school history to 3-peat (2018, 2019, 2021)
- Led Sam Houston State University to 1st NCAA Regionals appearance in 2014 – Auburn and has led SHSU to 5 Post-Season NCAA Regional Championships, 2014- NCAA Auburn Regional, 2015- NCAA Washington Regional -2018-NCAA Oklahoma Regionals, 2019-NCAA Texas Regionals, 2021-NCAA Stillwater Regional – 1st in school history to make NCAA Regionals back-to-back years (2014-2015, 2018, 2019,2021)
- Coached Southland Conference individual champions Zach Cabra- 2014, JT Taylor- 2015, Noah Steele-2019, Paul Chaplet-2021
- 5-time Southland Conference Coach of the Year (2014, 2015, 2018, 2019, 2021)
* 1st Coach to be named Southland Conference Coach of the Year (2014, 2015, 2018, 2019) and Southland Conference Player of the Year (1997, 1999)
- Guided the Bearkats to 22 Team titles & 20 Individual Titles
- Helped to Oversee and develop the state of the art, Robert and Erin Steele Golf Facility . . . which serves as a practice facility and home to the Bearkat Golf Teams
- Helped guide the team to SHSU Team Scoring Records: Low 18, 36, & 54 hole scoring records; Low 18, 36, & 54 Hole Individual Records
- 1-All-American (2021)
- 3- Ping All Region Selection
- 20 -Tournament Individual Medalists, 4- Southland Conference Championship Medalists
- 1- U.S. Amateur Semi-Finalist
- 3- National Team Selections for their respected Country
- 29 - All Southland Conference Selections ( 14- 1st Team)
- 2- Southland Conference Player of the Year
- 2- Southland Conference Student-Athlete of the Year
- 1- Southland Conference Freshman of the Year
- 4 -Southland Conference Newcomer of the Year
This program is designed for boys and girls between the ages of 12 and 18. Our world-class instruction and coaching provides junior golfers with the necessary skills to compete and win. Golf instruction takes place at McIver Training Center located at The Bearkat Course, home of the SHSU Bearkats Golf teams. These camps offer training and real competition scenarios that develop every part of your game. During the week, campers work on short game, putting, approach shots, course management, and will test their skills in weekly competitions and course play. Upon arrival, all participants are evaluated by the staff so that their own instructional needs can be addressed throughout the week.
SECURE YOUR SPOT!
You can expect high demand on these first-come-first-serve camper spots, so please be sure to register early.
- Dates: July 20-21
- Age Group: 12-18
- Gender: Co-ed
- Camp Type: Full Day
- Full Day: Thursday - Friday
- Thursday: 9:00am - 4:00pm
- Friday: 7:00am - 2:00pm
- Full Day: Thursday - Friday
- Check-in: Check-in for all campers is between 6:45am and 7:00am on Thursday, and 8:45am and 9:00am on Friday.
- Check-out: Check-out is at 2:00pm on Thursday, and 4:00pm on Friday.
- Meals: Campers will receive lunch each day.
- Program: The Elite Camp is specifically designed for the competitive golfer who wishes to play college golf and improve their game.
Please note: Camp schedules and details may be subject to change.
WHAT'S INCLUDED IN THE FEE?
- Instruction: College golf simulated team practice.
- Meals: Campers will receive lunch each day.
- Supervision: Drugs, alcohol and tobacco are strictly prohibited, and constitute, along with general misconduct, grounds for dismissal from camp without a refund.
- Camper Amenity Package: Campers will receive an amenity package including a Nike hat, drawstring bag, SRIXON golf balls, camp workbook, and graduation certificate.
INSTRUCTION, EQUIPMENT & FACILITY
- Ratio: 1:8 staff-to-camper ratio.
- Groupings: Campers are grouped by age, ability, and experience.
- Equipment Needed: Players should supply their own golf clubs, glove, golf balls, and tees.
- Facilities: The Bearkat Course at Sam Houston State & Michael McIver Golf Training Center
- Medical Protocol: Camp will have on-site staff to help with illness or injury. In case of an emergency, campers will be transported to the nearest hospital.
PREPARE FOR CAMP: COMPLETE YOUR PRE-CAMP CHECKLIST
To view your customer account, complete your mandatory forms, pay balance dues, and review important camp information, visit Pre-Camp Checklist. All necessary camp information is on this page. If there are any imperative changes prior to camp start, registered campers will be notified via email and this webpage will be updated!
CHECKLIST OF THINGS TO BRING
Below is a suggested list of clothes, equipment, and personal items. US Sports Camps, Sam Houston State University and the golf facilities being used are NOT responsible for lost or stolen articles or money.
- Golf clubs
- Golf Balls/tees/glove
- Golf shoes or tennis/athletic shoes
- Athletic clothing (t-shirts, shorts)
- Water bottle*
- Hat/visor (Campers receive Nike hat with amenity package)
- Snacks (optional)
- Signed Health & Release forms and waivers (forms completed online do not need to be printed and turned in at camp)
Nike Elite Golf Camps does not provide ground transportation from airports, train stations or bus stations. Parents/guardians are fully responsible for getting campers to and from camp check-in/out.
For information regarding our cancellation policy and all other company policies, please visit USSC Policies.
NIKE ElITE GOLF CAMP FAQ
For general questions about our golf camps please see our FAQ page.
This camp is open to any and all entrants (limited only by number, age, grade level, and/or gender).Show Less See More Camp Details
Please note: Camp schedules may be subject to change.
Sample Daily Schedule
- 8:45am Campers check-in
- 9:00am Warm up, stretching, demonstrations by staff
- 9:15am College golf simulated team practice
- 12:00pm Lunch
- 1:00pm Course play with a heavy focus on shot selection and course management
- 4:00pm Check-out for all campers
The Bearkat Course at Sam Houston State
Seamlessly blended into the rolling wooded landscape, The Bearkat Course offers players of every skill level a beautiful match between challenge and enjoyment. We are the home course of the Sam Houston State PGA Golf Management program, the Sam Houston State University Bearkats, Huntsville Hornets, and New Waverly High.
Michael McIver Golf Training Center
The Michael McIver Golf Training Center opened in April of 2008. This state of the art 1800 square foot building is equipped with two hitting bays, V-1 swing analysis software and a lounge. The facility is available for use for the PGA Golf Management Program and the SHSU Golf Teams only. In addition to the McIver Training Center, there is a practice green, pitching and chipping areas, a practice bunker and expansive teeing area for PGA Golf Management students.
NEW to 2023!
This camp will be offered for the first time in 2023!
— Nike Junior Golf Camps
SECURE YOUR SPOT – CAMPS SELL OUT!
Last year over 650 Sports Camps sold out, leaving 7,000+ campers on the waitlist. Due to high demand, early registration for our first-come-first-serve camps is strongly recommended.