Nike Junior Golf Camps, Peacock Gap Golf Club
Improve your game and have serious fun at
Nike Junior Golf Camps
Our junior golf camps in Marin are hosted at Peacock Gap which is located a few minutes from San Pablo Bay in San Rafael. The facilities include a recently renovated practice area which makes it an ideal location for a Nike Junior Golf Camp.
Full Day Camps 9:00am-4:00pm
These camps are an excellent opportunity for junior golfers to improve their skills and their course management at the same time. Students enjoy three hours of instruction each morning and work on all facets of the game to prepare the junior player for the course. After a lunch it’s off to the first tee. During course play our professionals teach strategy, etiquette and course management. The Full Day Camp is designed to create complete golfers and raise their game to the next level. Lunch is included for full day campers each day.
Half Day Camps 9:00am-12:00pm/1:00pm-4:00pm
Half Day campers receive three hours of instruction each day on all different aspects of the game, including putting, chipping, bunker play and full swing. Campers rotate between stations and participate in drills, skills challenges, and other games. These are great camps for anyone who wants to improve.
- Small group instruction with low student/teacher ratio
- Course play with the staff focusing on course management, shot selection, strategy, rules and etiquette (when available, Full Day only)
- Camper amenity package including a Nike hat, drawstring bag, SRIXON golf balls, camp workbook, and graduation certificate (fall campers receive a sleeve of golf balls, Nike hat, and drawstring bag)
- Safe, healthy and fun learning environment
- View More Details ⟩
Camp Director Val Verhunce
Val is a Class A PGA Professional & Sonoma State Univ. Head Golf CoachView Val's Bio ⟩
The 2022-23 season will be the 20th for Val Verhunce since starting the Sonoma State men’s golf program in 2004. He has been head coach of the women’s team, as well, since its inception in 2007-08.
Verhunce has led the men's program to 11 NCAA Regional appearances and seven NCAA Championship appearances, coaching six student-athletes to 13 All-American honors, including one who earned the Jack Nicklaus National Player of the Year award twice in his career (Jarin Todd).
On the women's side, Verhunce has guided the Seawolves to eight NCAA Regional qualifications and two NCAA Championship showings, as well as coaching a four-time All-American in Spencer Heller, who was just the third student-athlete in the history of Sonoma State to earn the All-America distinction four times.
A PGA Professional with over 25 years of experience and a Class “A” member of the Professional Golfers Association of America, Verhunce has supported golfers in realizing their goals along in addition to providing them with a high level of motivation.
The former men’s head golf coach at St. Vincent’s High School in Petaluma, Verhunce, a proven team player and leader is currently operating at Adobe Creek CC, and Peacock Gap. Verhunce is the owner and director of instruction for the Val Verhunce Golf Improvement Centers. Prior to that, he was the director of instruction at Rooster Run.
Co-Director Eric Frazzetta
Eric Frazzetta is the Head coach at Holy Names University and serves as Co-Director for Nike Junior Golf Camps at Peacock Gap.View Eric's Bio ⟩
Coach Eric is the Head coach at Holy Names University in Oakland, CA in his first year. Eric was the assistant coach at Sonoma State University from 2018-2021. At first starting as the men’s assistant from 2018 -2020, he later took over duties for the women’s team as well from 2020-2021. During his tenure at Sonoma State he helped guide the team to consecutive NCAA National Championship berths. He was an important part of developing game plans, practice routines, and course management. During Frazzetta’s time at Sonoma State he helped develop 2 All-Americans, and 8 Academic All-Americans during his span.
Before joining the Sonoma State coaching staff, Eric played professionally on various mini tours around the world. During his five-year stint of playing professionally he traveled to 23 states and 3 different countries. He would play on the Mackenzie Tour in Canada, as well as the China Tour in 2015.
His career really started while playing at Chico State from 2008-2012. Eric would become one of the programs only 2x All-American and 2x Academic All-American his junior and senior year. During his career at Chico State, he would help lead the team to a 3rd place and runner up finish at the National Championship.
He has taught Jr Camps at Peacock Gap, Bennett Valley and Foxtail for the past 4 years.
Co-Director Chris Oetinger
Chris Oetinger rejoined the Cal State East Bay men's and women's golf programs during the 2021-22 season as Assistant Golf CoachView Chris's Bio ⟩
Oetinger, a former Pioneer golfer, was voted CSUEB Male Athlete of the Year in 2012.
Oetinger returns to East Bay after spending nearly four years as Head Men's and Women's Golf Coach and Admissions Liasion for Athletics at Holy Names University. Oetinger led the Hawks to 2021 Regionals Men's Selection. In 2019, Oetinger coached HNU men's golf team to the 2019 PacWest Championship and earned the 2019 Regional Automatic Qualifier. During the 2018 season, Oetinger coached the men's golf program to a second place finish in the PacWest, a third place finish in the Regional championship and a 15th place finish at the NCAA Championships.
Oetinger was named named HNU Coach of the Year for three consecutive years (2017-2019). He also earned 2018 GCAA DII West Region Coach of the Year and 2019 PacWest COach of the Year. Oetinger coached 12 student-athletes that earned PacWast, West Region or All-American honors during his tenure.
Prior to Holy Names, Oetinger spent nearly three seasons as Volunteer Coach at Cal State East Bay. While at East Bay focused on recruiting and player skill development. Oetinger was a member of the coaching staff of the 2016 CCAA Tournament Champions that finished sixth at the West Regionals as well as the 2015 CCAA Runner-Ups whom also place sixth at the West Regioanls that year.
Prior to becoming at Volunteer Coach at CSUEB, Oetinger was a member of the Cal State East men's golf team. During his two seasons as Pioneer, Oetinger was 2012 CSUEB Male Athlete of the Year, three-time CCAA Player of the Week, two-time (2012 & 2013) All-American Scholar Athlete, two-time CCAA Academic Award honoree (2012-2013), two-time Hal Charnofsky Award winner (2012 & 2013), an All-CCAA and All-West Region selection in 2013 and a 2013 West/Central All-Preview Team selection.
After two years at Butte Community College, Oetinger graduated Cum Laude with a B.A. in Economics from Cal State East Bay in June of 2013. Oetinger is currently earning his Master's in Applied Sport and Performance Psychology from Holy Names University.
This program is designed for boys and girls between the ages of 5-15 (Half Day) and 10-15 (Full Day). The staff is on hand to provide campers with top quality instruction each day. At Nike Junior Golf Camps we accommodate all skill levels; the junior player just discovering the game, the high school player trying to move up on the team, and the tournament level junior looking to improve his or her tournament results. Upon arrival, all participants are evaluated by the staff so that their own instructional needs can be addressed throughout the week.
SECURE YOUR SPOT!
You can expect high demand on these first-come-first-serve camper spots, so please be sure to register early.
- Dates: 2024 Camp Dates Coming Soon
- Full Day: 2024 Camp Dates Coming Soon
- Morning Half Day: 2024 Camp Dates Coming Soon
- Afternoon Half Day: 2024 Camp Dates Coming Soon
- Age Group: 5-15 (varies by program)
- Gender: Co-ed
- Camp Type: Full Day, Morning & Afternoon Half Day Camps Available
- Full Day: 9:00am-4:00pm, Monday-Friday
- Morning Half Day: 9:00am-12:00pm, Monday-Friday
- Afternoon Half Day: 1:00pm-4:00pm, Monday-Friday
- Check-In: 15 minutes prior to camp start time
- Lunch: Lunch is included for full day campers each day.
- Program: The All Abilities program is designed to improve the fundamental skills needed for golf; putting, chipping/pitching, full-swing and course etiquette. Upon arrival, all participants will be evaluated by the instructors and placed into groups based on age and ability level.
Please note: Camp schedules and details may be subject to change.
WHAT'S INCLUDED IN THE FEE?
- Instruction: Daily instruction and course play (for full day campers only)
- Lunch: Lunch is included for full day campers each day.
- Supervision: Campers are supervised by staff during camp hours.
- Camper Amenity Package: Campers will receive an amenity package including a Nike hat, drawstring bag, SRIXON golf balls, camp workbook, and graduation certificate.
INSTRUCTION, EQUIPMENT & FACILITY
- Ratio: 1:8 staff-to-camper ratio.
- Groupings: Campers are grouped by age, ability, and experience.
- Equipment Needed: Players should supply their own golf clubs, glove, golf balls, and tees.
- Facility: Peacock Gap Golf Club
- Medical Protocol: Camp will have on-site staff to help with illness or injury. In case of an emergency, campers will be transported to the nearest hospital.
PREPARE FOR CAMP: COMPLETE YOUR PRE-CAMP CHECKLIST
To view your customer account, complete your mandatory forms, pay balance dues, and review important camp information, visit Pre-Camp Checklist. All necessary camp information is on this page. If there are any imperative changes prior to camp start, registered campers will be notified via email and this webpage will be updated!
CHECKLIST OF THINGS TO BRING
Below is a suggested list of clothes, equipment, and personal items. US Sports Camps is NOT responsible for lost or stolen articles or money.
- Athletic clothing (t-shirts, shorts)
- Golf clubs
- Golf Balls/tees/glove
- Golf shoes or tennis/athletic shoes
- Collared shirt (recommended)
- Water bottle*
- Hat/visor (Campers receive Nike hat with amenity package)
- Snacks (optional)
- COVID PPE (as required by state/local guidelines)
- Signed Health & Release forms and waivers (forms completed online do not need to be printed and turned in at camp)
Transportation is not provided. Campers are responsible for getting to and from camp on their own. There is no supervision before or after camp hours so please make arrangements to pick up your child on time.
For information regarding our cancellation policy and all other company policies, please visit USSC Policies.
NIKE JUNIOR GOLF CAMP FAQ
For general questions about our golf camps please see our FAQ page.Show Less See More Camp Details
Please note: Camp schedules may be subject to change.
Sample Daily Schedule
- 9:00am Instruction - practice on skills and fundamentals; grip, stance, posture, pitching, putting, bunker play and full swing
- Noon Lunch (Included in camp price, morning half day campers depart)
- 1:00pm Course play with staff when available. Focus on strategy, course management, shot selection, rules and etiquette
- 4:00pm Full Day campers depart
Peacock Gap Golf Course
Classic golf course architecture is defined by fairways that invite but challenge and greens that creep beyond where the player thinks they end. This is the intrigue of classic golf and the foundation of Peacock Gap Golf Course. Sheltered from the fog and blessed with sunny weather, this corner of Marin County provides a terrific environment for a great round of golf.
June 17, 2023: My child had a GREAT time! He came away wanting to play golf every day which is a huge improvement at this age! Thanks for helping him develop a love of the game.
July 24, 2023: My son's swing drastically improved, He had so much fun every day and was so happy he got a trophy at the end of camp. Coach was great, and overall it was great!
She liked the awards ceremony on the last day.
SECURE YOUR SPOT – CAMPS SELL OUT!
Last year over 650 Sports Camps sold out, leaving 7,000+ campers on the waitlist. Due to high demand, early registration for our first-come-first-serve camps is strongly recommended.