Nike Junior Golf Camps, Riverwalk Golf Club
Improve your game and have serious fun at
Nike Junior Golf Camps
Our junior golf camps at Riverwalk in San Diego have become some of the best junior golf camps in Southern California with the help and effort of our tremendous, experienced staff of teaching professionals. All camps are open to players ages 9-17 of all ability levels.
Full Day Camp
Full Day camps are designed for boys and girls who wish to take their game to the next level. The Learning Center Professional Teaching Staff is on hand to provide campers with top quality instruction each day. Under the watchful eye of the staff, campers practice all aspects of their games during morning instruction- putting, chipping, bunker play and full-swing. The morning session is followed by lunch and then afternoon course play when available. Campers will most likely play the golf course three out of five days, but this varies based on course availability. Each day, the Full Day camp will operate from 9:00am - 4:00pm and lunch will be provided. FULL DAY CAMPERS ARE REQUIRED TO BRING THEIR OWN SET OF CLUBS!
Half Day Camp
Our Half Day programs are designed to create interest and foster development in players of all ability levels. Strong emphasis is placed on the fundamentals—stance, grip, posture, full swing, rules & etiquette, etc. As the week unfolds, campers receive quality short-game instruction and by Friday, each Nike junior golfer will see improvement in his or her golf game! The Half Day camps will operate from 9:00am - Noon each day. Lunch will not be included.
- Small group instruction with low student/teacher ratio from experienced teaching professionals
- Daily course play when available with the staff focusing on course management, shot selection, strategy, rules and etiquette (full day only)
- Camper amenity package including a Nike hat, drawstring bag, SRIXON golf balls, camp workbook, and graduation certificate
- Safe, healthy and fun learning environment
- View More Details ⟩
These programs are designed for boys and girls between the ages of 9 and 17. The staff is on hand to provide campers with top quality instruction each day. At Nike Junior Golf Camps we accommodate all skill levels; the junior player just discovering the game, the high school player trying to move up on the team, and the tournament level junior looking to improve his or her tournament results. Upon arrival, all participants are evaluated by the staff so that their own instructional needs can be addressed throughout the week.
SECURE YOUR SPOT!
*Please Note: Camp sessions SOLD OUT in 2023.* You can expect high demand on these first-come-first-serve camper spots, so please be sure to register early.
- Dates: 2024 Camp Dates Coming Soon
- Full Day/Half Day: 2024 Camp Dates Coming Soon
- Age Group: 9-17
- Gender: Co-ed
- Camp Type: Full Day & Half Day Camps Available
- Full Day: 9:00am-4:00pm, Monday-Friday
- Half Day: 9:00am-12:00pm, Monday-Friday
- Check-In: 15 minutes prior to camp start time.
- Lunch: Lunch is included for Full Day campers each day.
- Program: The All Abilities program is designed to improve the fundamental skills needed for golf including putting, chipping, bunker play, and full-swing. On the first day of camp, all participants will be evaluated by the instructors and placed into groups based on age and ability level in various individual, small group and full group settings.
Please note: Camp schedules and details may be subject to change.
WHAT'S INCLUDED IN THE FEE?
- Instruction: Morning instruction and afternoon course play (for Full Day campers only)
- Lunch: Lunch is included for Full Day campers each day.
- Supervision: Campers are supervised by staff during camp hours.
- Camper Amenity Package: Campers will receive an amenity package including a Nike hat, drawstring bag, SRIXON golf balls, camp workbook, and graduation certificate.
INSTRUCTION, EQUIPMENT & FACILITY
- Ratio: 1:8 staff-to-camper ratio.
- Groupings: Campers are grouped by age, ability, and experience.
- Equipment Needed: Players should supply their own golf clubs, glove, golf balls, and tees. Through Nike Junior Golf Camps we do not provide club rentals at this camp. You can reach out to the Pro-Shop at the golf course to see if they have any rentals available for your session of camp. The phone number is (619) 296-4653.
- Facility: Riverwalk Golf Club
- Medical Protocol: Camp will have on-site staff to help with illness or injury. In case of an emergency, campers will be transported to the nearest hospital.
PREPARE FOR CAMP: COMPLETE YOUR PRE-CAMP CHECKLIST
To view your customer account, complete your mandatory forms, pay balance dues, and review important camp information, visit Pre-Camp Checklist. All necessary camp information is on this page. If there are any imperative changes prior to camp start, registered campers will be notified via email and this webpage will be updated!
CHECKLIST OF THINGS TO BRING
Below is a suggested list of clothes, equipment, and personal items. US Sports Camps is NOT responsible for lost or stolen articles or money.
- Athletic clothing (t-shirts, shorts)
- Golf clubs
- Golf Balls/tees/glove
- Golf shoes or tennis/athletic shoes
- Collared shirt (recommended)
- Water bottle*
- Hat/visor (Campers receive Nike hat with amenity package)
- Snacks (optional)
- COVID PPE (as required by state/local guidelines)
- Signed Health & Release forms and waivers (forms completed online do not need to be printed and turned in at camp)
Transportation is not provided. Campers are responsible for getting to and from camp on their own. There is no supervision before or after camp hours so please make arrangements to pick up your child on time.
For information regarding our cancellation policy and all other company policies, please visit USSC Policies.
NIKE JUNIOR GOLF CAMP FAQ
For general questions about our golf camps please see our FAQ page.Show Less See More Camp Details
Please note: Camp schedules may be subject to change.
Sample Daily Schedule
- 9:00am Instruction - practice on skills and fundamentals; grip, stance, posture, pitching, putting, bunker play and full swing
- Noon Lunch (Included in camp price, half day campers depart)
- 1:00pm Course play with the camp staff (when available). Focus on strategy, course management, shot selection, rules and etiquette
- 4:00pm Full Day campers depart
Riverwalk Golf Club
Steeped in a rich tradition of golf legends past, Riverwalk Golf Club offers a classic golfing experience like no other. Formerly known as the Stardust Country Club, the course entertained a myriad of golf's legends while hosting the PGA tour during the 50s and 60s. Now, golfers will once again be treated to the challenge and drama of the original course at the newly reborn Riverwalk. What was once flat now features undulating fairways, waterfalls and well-protected greens. Water comes into play on 13 of the 27 holes with a spectacular waterfall surrounding the green of the signature hole. The San Diego River is a prominent feature of the layout, contributing to the beauty and challenge of the course.
Camp Questions & Answers
Is lunch provided?
Lunch is provided for full day campers.
Can you rent clubs?
Through Nike Junior Golf Camps we do not provide club rentals at this camp. You can reach out to the Pro-Shop at the golf course to see if they have any rentals available for your session of camp. Their phone number is (619) 296-4653.
July 24, 2022: My son was able to play a round of golf 4 out of the 5 days.
playing with different players
SECURE YOUR SPOT – CAMPS SELL OUT!
Last year over 650 Sports Camps sold out, leaving 7,000+ campers on the waitlist. Due to high demand, early registration for our first-come-first-serve camps is strongly recommended.