Nike Junior Golf Camps, Tilden Park Golf Course
Improve your game and have serious fun at
Nike Junior Golf Camps
Tilden Park Golf Course hosts junior golf camps in the Bay Area throughout the summer and has established itself as one of the most popular camp locations in Northern California. Register today and get better this summer!
Full Day Camp
These camps are an excellent opportunity for junior golfers (ages 9-16) to improve their skills and their course management at the same time. Lunch is included for full day campers each day.
Half Day Camps
Half Day campers receive three hours of instruction each day on all different aspects of the game, including putting, chipping, bunker play and full swing. Campers rotate between stations and participate in drills, skills challenges, and other games. These are great camps geared towards the beginner golfer (ages 7-13) who wants to improve.
- Instruction each day on all facets of the game; putting, chipping/pitching and full-swing
- Daily course play with the camp staff (when available, full day only)
- Camper amenity package including a Nike hat, drawstring bag, SRIXON golf balls, camp workbook, and graduation certificate
- A healthy and positive learning environment designed to help every camper get better!
- View More Details ⟩
Camp Director Trish Hinze
Trish Hinze started the Nike Junior Golf Camps at Tilden Park in 1999 and they have grown to over 300 campers per summer. She has been teaching golf to adults and juniors of all levels for over 20 years and started playing golf herself at the age of eight.View Trish Hinze's Bio ⟩
The Bay Area Golf Learning Center programs at Tilden, which have group and private lesson instruction for all players and ages, were started under her direction in 1998. As a result, Tilden Park has become known as one of the best places to learn how to play golf.
This program is designed for boys and girls ages 7 - 16 (varies by program). The staff is on hand to provide campers with top quality instruction each day. At Nike Junior Golf Camps we accommodate all skill levels; the junior player just discovering the game, the high school player aiming to improve their team position, or the junior golfer looking to enhance their overall performance. Upon arrival, all participants are evaluated by the staff so that their own instructional needs can be addressed throughout the week.
SECURE YOUR SPOT!
You can expect high demand on these first-come-first-serve camper spots, so please be sure to register early.
- Dates: 2024 Camp Dates Coming Soon
- Full Day: 2024 Camp Dates Coming Soon
- PM Half Day: 2024 Camp Dates Coming Soon
- Age Group: 7-16 (varies by program)
- Gender: Co-ed
- Camp Type: Full Day & PM Half Day Camps Available
- Full Day: 9:00am-4:00pm, Monday-Friday
- PM Half Day: 1:00pm-5:00pm, Monday-Thursday
- Check-In: 15 minutes prior to camp start time
- Lunch: Lunch is provided for full day campers.
- Program: The All Abilities program is designed to improve the fundamental skills needed for golf; putting, chipping/pitching, full-swing and course etiquette. Upon arrival, all participants will be evaluated by the instructors and placed into groups based on age and ability level.
Please note: Camp schedules and details may be subject to change.
WHAT'S INCLUDED IN THE FEE?
- Instruction: Daily instruction and course play (for full day campers only)
- Lunch: Lunch is provided for full day campers.
- Supervision: Campers are supervised by staff during camp hours.
- Camper Amenity Package: Campers will receive an amenity package including a Nike hat, drawstring bag, SRIXON golf balls, camp workbook, and graduation certificate.
INSTRUCTION, EQUIPMENT & FACILITY
- Ratio: 1:8 staff-to-camper ratio.
- Groupings: Campers are grouped by age, ability, and experience.
- Equipment Needed: Players should supply their own golf clubs, glove, golf balls, and tees.
- **For the Full Day camp, pull carts may be rented for $5/day or $20/week.
- Rental Clubs: If your child does not have their own set of golf clubs, the Tilden Park Golf Course provides them for $30 for the week, paid for on the first day of camp.
- Facility: Tilden Park Golf Course
- Medical Protocol: Camp will have on-site staff to help with illness or injury. In case of an emergency, campers will be transported to the nearest hospital.
PREPARE FOR CAMP: COMPLETE YOUR PRE-CAMP CHECKLIST
To view your customer account, complete your mandatory forms, pay balance dues, and review important camp information, visit Pre-Camp Checklist. All necessary camp information is on this page. If there are any imperative changes prior to camp start, registered campers will be notified via email and this webpage will be updated!
CHECKLIST OF THINGS TO BRING
Below is a suggested list of clothes, equipment, and personal items. US Sports Camps is NOT responsible for lost or stolen articles or money.
- Athletic clothing (t-shirts, shorts)
- Golf clubs
- Golf Balls/tees/glove
- Golf shoes or tennis/athletic shoes
- Collared shirt (recommended)
- Water bottle*
- Hat/visor (Campers receive Nike hat with amenity package)
- Snacks (optional) or money to purchase snacks
- COVID PPE (as required by state/local guidelines)
- Signed Health & Release forms and waivers (Campers will not be admitted to camp without completed forms.)
Transportation is not provided. Campers are responsible for getting to and from camp on their own. There is no supervision before or after camp hours so please make arrangements to pick up your child on time.
For information regarding our cancellation policy and all other company policies, please visit USSC Policies.
NIKE JUNIOR GOLF CAMP FAQ
For general questions about our golf camps please see our FAQ page.Show Less See More Camp Details
If your child does not have their own set of golf clubs, the Tilden Park Golf Course provides them for $30 for the week, paid for on the first day of camp.
Please note: Camp schedules may be subject to change.
Full Day Schedule
- 9:00am Instruction - practice on skills and fundamentals; grip, stance, posture, pitching, putting, bunker play and full swing
- Noon Lunch (included in full day camp price)
- 1:00pm Course play with the camp staff (when available) . On-course instruction on club selection, course management, strategy, rules and etiquette
- 4:00pm Full Day Campers Depart
Tilden Park Golf Course
Tilden Park Golf Course offers golfers an experience you won't find anywhere else in the Bay Area. Located in the scenic Berkeley Hills, just minutes away from the UC Berkeley campus, this William Park Bell Jr. design features a challenging 18-hole, par 70 course. Tilden Park’s signature first hole, a 420-yard par 4 straight uphill to an elevated green, is considered to be one of toughest starting holes in the Bay Area. Set amongst rolling hills and tree lined fairways, Tilden Park Golf Course is truly one of a kind. Tilden Park Golf Course also features a three-tiered driving range with over 60 stalls, two practice putting greens, and a practice bunker area.
July 5, 2022: My daughter had a great time and is asking to do another one. The director made her first golf experience fun.
June 16, 2023: Getting my camper to be excited about wanting to golf ... especially hitting at the range after camp was over!
July 31, 2022: My son loved attending camp with Coach Dan Chicorel. The camp exceeded our expectations!
June 10, 2022: My child learned a new skill and would like to continue to learn how to play golf.
June 10, 2022: Seeing my boys come home excited about golf and wanted to play more.
July 29, 2022: My child enjoyed the positive reinforcement of the medallions.
It was a tough but rewarding experience
SECURE YOUR SPOT – CAMPS SELL OUT!
Last year over 650 Sports Camps sold out, leaving 7,000+ campers on the waitlist. Due to high demand, early registration for our first-come-first-serve camps is strongly recommended.