Nike Junior Golf Camps, University of Illinois
Improve your game and have serious fun at
Nike Junior Golf Camps
Get ready for an amazing experience in Champaign, IL! Join the Fighting Illini Men’s Golf program for five days of top-notch instruction at the University of Illinois. The Fighting Illini Men’s Golf program has been hosting this premier junior golf camp in Illinois for over a decade and looks forward to another great summer.
Nike Junior Golf Camp participants stay on campus in air-conditioned dorms and utilize the exclusive team practice facilities, Lauritsen/Wohlers Outdoor Golf Practice Facility and Demirjian Indoor Golf Facility, for instruction from the coaching staff. Throughout the camp, players travel a short distance to the University’s Orange and Blue Golf Courses, as well Atkins Golf Club, their newly renovated home course where they participate in on-course instruction.
This camp location is for boys only.
- Instruction by PGA professionals, college coaches and players
- Instruction and skills challenges at Illini Golf's private practice facilities
- Course play with the camp staff on University of Illinois Golf Courses
- Camper amenity package including an Illini Golf t-shirt, Nike hat, drawstring bag, SRIXON golf balls, camp workbook and graduation certificate
- Video analysis for all camp participants
- View More Details ⟩
Director of Golf Operations, University of Illinois Eric Gilpin
Eric Gilpin enters his first season at the University of Illinois in 2022-23, where he serves as the director of operations for both the Fighting Illini men’s and women’s golf programs. Gilpin joined the Illinois Division of Intercollegiate Athletics in August of 2022.View Eric's Bio ⟩
Assistant Men's Golf Coach, University of Illinois Ruben Sondjaja
Ruben Sondjaja will serve as coach for the Nike Junior Golf Camps at University of Illinois.View Ruben's Bio ⟩
Whether you are a beginner, intermediate or advanced level golfer, our world-class instruction and coaching provides junior golfers with the necessary skills to compete and win. These camps offer training and real competition scenarios that develop every part of your game. During the week, campers work on short game, putting, approach shots, course management, and will test their new skills in weekly competitions and 18-hole tournaments. Upon arrival, all participants are evaluated by the staff so that their own instructional needs can be addressed throughout the week. During inclement weather, campers will use the state-of-the-art practice facility at Illinois. This facility includes covered range stalls, indoor putting and chipping greens, video swing analysis and much more.
SECURE YOUR SPOT!
*Please Note: This camp SOLD OUT in 2023.* You can expect high demand on these first-come-first-serve camper spots, so please be sure to register early.
- Dates: June 2-6, 2024
- Age Group: 11-18
- Gender: Boys only
- Camp Type: The Overnight fee includes all golf instruction, green fees, evening activities, housing and meals.
- Overnight: Sunday - Thursday
- Check-In: Check-in for all campers is on the first day between 2:30-3:30pm at Bromley Hall on campus. Please come dressed and ready to play as the afternoon golf session begins immediately following check-in and orientation.
- Check-out: The closing ceremony occurs at 1:45pm on Thursday at Bromley Hall and check-out is to follow.
- Meals: Campers will receive all meals during camp (breakfast, lunch, dinner).
- Program: The All Abilities program is designed to improve the fundamental skills needed for golf including putting, chipping, bunker play, and full-swing. On the first day of camp, all participants will be evaluated by the instructors and placed into groups based on age and ability level in various individual, small group and full group settings.
Please note: Camp schedules and details may be subject to change.
WHAT'S INCLUDED IN THE FEE?
- Instruction: Morning instruction and afternoon course play at a rotation of golf courses.
- Meals: Campers will receive all meals during camp (breakfast, lunch, dinner).
- Supervision: The staff lives in the dormitories/resort accommodations with the campers and participates in evening activities. Drugs, alcohol and tobacco are strictly prohibited, and constitute, along with general misconduct, grounds for dismissal from camp without a refund.
- Camper Amenity Package: Campers will receive an amenity package including a Nike hat, drawstring bag, SRIXON golf balls, camp workbook, and graduation certificate.
INSTRUCTION, EQUIPMENT & FACILITY
- Ratio: 1:6 staff-to-camper ratio.
- Groupings: Campers are grouped by age, ability, and experience.
- Equipment Needed: Players should supply their own golf clubs, glove, golf balls, and tees.
- Facilities: Orange and Blue Golf Courses and the Lauritsen/Wohlers Outdoor Golf Practice Facility
- Medical Protocol: Camp will have on-site staff to help with illness or injury. In case of an emergency, campers will be transported to the nearest hospital.
- Dorm: Bromley Hall
- Campers Per Room: Campers will be housed in double rooms.
- Roommates: Rooms are assigned by age & roommate requests. Roommate requests must be received no later than 14 days before the start of camp. If you don't have a roommate request, you will be placed in a room with someone near your age. It will be a great opportunity to meet someone new!
- Linens: Not included. Bring linens or sleeping bag, pillow, pillowcase, and a towel.
- Air Conditioning: Yes
- Key Deposit: No deposit necessary.
- Spending Money: We recommend that each overnight camper bring $60-75 per week of spending money to cover incidentals like snacks, souvenirs and other activities. Please bring cash in a marked envelope for your child.
*Staff will stay in the dormitories with the campers and participate in all activities.
PREPARE FOR CAMP: COMPLETE YOUR PRE-CAMP CHECKLIST
To view your customer account, complete your mandatory forms, pay balance dues, and review important camp information, visit Pre-Camp Checklist. All necessary camp information is on this page. If there are any imperative changes prior to camp start, registered campers will be notified via email and this webpage will be updated!
CHECKLIST OF THINGS TO BRING
Below is a suggested list of clothes, equipment, and personal items. US Sports Camps, the University of Illinois and the golf facilities being used are NOT responsible for lost or stolen articles or money.
- Golf clubs
- Golf Balls/tees/glove
- Golf shoes or tennis/athletic shoes
- Athletic clothing (t-shirts, shorts)
- 5-6 collared shirts (recommended)
- 4-6 golf appropriate shorts/pants
- 6-8 pairs of socks
- Casual clothes
- Sweatshirt/warm up jacket and pants
- Raingear and/or umbrella
- Toilet/personal items
- Insect repellent
- Laundry bag
- Water bottle*
- Hat/visor (Campers receive Nike hat with amenity package)
- Linens, blankets, towels, pillow
- Snacks (optional)
- COVID PPE (as required by state/local guidelines)
- Signed Health & Release forms and waivers (forms completed online do not need to be printed and turned in at camp)
Nike Junior Golf Camps does not provide ground transportation from airports, train stations or bus stations. Parents/guardians are fully responsible for getting campers to and from camp check-in/out. Campers arriving to Willard Airport are to secure their own transportation to and from the airport. Preferred arrivals are between 10:00am - 1:00pm on the first day and preferred departures are between 3:00pm - 6:00pm on the final day.
For information regarding our cancellation policy and all other company policies, please visit USSC Policies.
NIKE JUNIOR GOLF CAMP FAQ
For general questions about our golf camps please see our FAQ page.
This camp is open to any and all entrants (limited only by number, age, grade level, and/or gender).
Please note: Camp schedules may be subject to change.
- 7:00am Wake-up, Breakfast
- 8:00am Camp meeting at practice facility, skill demonstrations from staff focusing on key elements of the swing for that day
- 8:30am Instruction - campers rotate through stations working on putting, chipping, pitching, bunker play and the full swing
- Noon Lunch/Relaxation
- 1:00pm Course play with staff (9-18 holes daily) focusing on strategy, shot selection, course management, rules and etiquette
- 6:00pm Catered dinner, free time, seminars, guest speakers
- 8:00pm Evening activities
- 10:00pm Lights out
Orange and Blue Golf Courses
Participants in the Nike Junior Golf Camp practice and play each day at the University’s Orange and Blue Golf Courses. Situated approximately six miles south of the campus, the two University of Illinois Golf Courses serve not only the UI golf teams, but also students, faculty, staff and the general public. Both courses feature rolling terrain, strategically-placed bunkers and water on several holes. The Orange Course, the more challenging of the two, has played host to several collegiate events including the 1988 Big Ten Championships and the 1991 Women’s Big Ten Championships.
Lauritsen/Wohlers Outdoor Golf Practice Facility
Dedicated in April of 2015, the Lauritsen/Wohlers Outdoor Golf Practice Facility is one of the nation’s pre-eminent practice facilities. It was inspired by the practice area at Augusta National Golf Club, home of the Masters. Located adjacent to the J.G. Demirjian Indoor Practice Facility, the outdoor practice area totals 24 acres of target fairways and greens, fairway and greenside bunkers, and putting greens. Student-athletes have the ability to practice any shot in golf from various lies and grass types. That 24 acres of land is made up of 12 acres of rough and eight acres of fairways. There are also 55,000 square feet of greens for student-athletes to master in addition to 56,000 square feet of practice tees. 18,000 square feet of fairway and greenside bunkers complete the state-of-the-art outdoor area.
June 9, 2023: Miles made friends and learned so much about golf. He wanted to go to the range and practice right away after the last day of camp.
July 22, 2022: This was my son's first time away from home and he loved everything about it. I am so glad that he has had this experience.
SECURE YOUR SPOT – CAMPS SELL OUT!
Last year over 650 Sports Camps sold out, leaving 7,000+ campers on the waitlist. Due to high demand, early registration for our first-come-first-serve camps is strongly recommended.