Nike Junior Golf Camps, Pine Ridge Golf Club
Improve your game and have serious fun at
Nike Junior Golf Camps
Nike Junior Golf Camps is thrilled to announce the return of Pine Ridge Golf Club in Springfield, Oregon this summer. Join Camp Director, Aaron Oakley, and the dedicated staff of professionals for an unforgettable week of golf camp!
FULL DAY CAMP
Full day campers enjoy three hours of instruction each morning. Instruction focuses on all facets of the game and prepares the junior player for the challenges of the course. After lunch, it’s off to the first tee for course play. During course play our staff teaches strategy, rules/etiquette, and course management. Our Full Day Camp is designed to create complete golfers and raise their game to the next level. This program runs from 9:00am - 3:30pm daily and is open to golfers ages 9 - 16. Lunch will be provided for full day campers each day.
HALF DAY CAMP
This program offers campers of all abilities the opportunity to work on and improve every part of their game. Half day campers receive three hours of instruction with emphasis on putting, chipping, bunker play and full swing. From beginning players to advanced, these are great camps for anyone who wants to improve. Half Day Camp runs from 9:00am - 12:00pm daily and is open to golfers ages 7 - 13.
- Instruction with low student-to-teacher ratio from experienced PGA professionals
- Morning instruction covering putting, chipping, pitching and full swing
- Course play with staff supervision when available (Full Day Camps only)
- Camper amenity package including a Nike hat, drawstring bag, SRIXON golf balls, camp workbook, and graduation certificate
- A healthy and positive learning environment designed to help every camper get better
- View More Details ⟩
Camp Director Aaron Oakley
Aaron Oakley serves as our Nike Golf Camp Director at Pine Ridge Golf Club.View Aaron Oakley's Bio ⟩
Aaron grew up playing junior golf at Twin Lakes Golf & Country Club in Federal Way, Washington then competed in high school for the Fife Trojans. His desire to work in the golf industry led him to RiverRidge Golf Course in Eugene, Oregon in 2006. He didn't plan on making golf his career but realized few get to experience making a profession out of a passion.
Aaron started teaching golf in 2014 primarily instructing groups of beginning golfers. He now works with a wide variety of students ranging from competitive juniors to adults who have never touched a golf club. Students find his patience and enthusiasm help create a relaxing and positive learning environment.
Now teaching and coaching at Pine Ridge Golf Club in Springfield, Aaron is excited to partner with a growing golf course. From short game to playing lessons, the club features the facilities necessary to help you play better golf. Please give Aaron the opportunity to show you how to have more FUN with the greatest game ever played."
Co-Director Jennifer Kern
Jennifer Kern is an LPGA Class A Teaching Professional at Riverridge Golf Complex and also serves as camp coach for Nike Junior Golf Camps.View Jennifer's Bio ⟩
LPGA Class A Teaching Professional since 2002. Played Division I college golf for The University of New Mexico from 1994-1998. Participated on various Professional Golf Tours throughout the World including the United States, Canada, China, Japan, and Europe from 1999 until 2008. Extensive Junior Golf Career with several State titles. United States Junior Girls Americas Cup overall winner in 1993. Collegiate All Regional Team in 1996.
Coach Nic Sherman
Nic serves as coach for our Nike Junior Golf Camp at Pine Ridge Golf Club.View Nic's Bio ⟩
Nic Sherman was raised here in Springfield, Oregon and graduated from Springfield High School in 1988.
Nic was a very competitive track and cross-country athlete in his younger days and didn’t start playing golf until he watched the final round of a golf tournament on tv in 1986. The Jack Nicklaus win in the 1986 masters inspired him to pick up golf and he hasn’t stopped since.
Nic’s background in the golf business is both wide and deep. It spans 27 years and several different types of positions in the industry. He is currently employed as the Director of Golf at Pine Ridge Golf Club. He feels lucky and excited to lead the team at Pine Ridge.
Coach Brandon Richardson
Brandon serves as coach for our Nike Junior Golf Camp at Pine Ridge Golf Club.View Brandon's Bio ⟩
Brandon received an early start in the game with the encouragement from his parents at the age of 8. At age 11 Brandon had won his first tournament and started playing in local and regional junior events around the Pacific Northwest. Brandon continued to develop his game and had a successful high school career, including three District titles and one State title. The highlight of his playing career came in 2006 when he earned a spot in the Nationwide Tour's Oregon Classic at Shadow Hills Country Club, his home course, by winning the Pacific Northwest PGA Section Qualifier.
In 2003, Brandon turned professional and completed the United States Golf Teaching Federation Level III requirements. He passed the players' ability portion of the certification by 17 shots, winning the overall event by 13. This marked the beginning of Brandon's teaching career.
This program is designed for boys and girls between the ages of 7-16 (ages vary by program). The staff is on hand to provide campers with top quality instruction each day. At Nike Junior Golf Camps we accommodate all skill levels; the junior player just discovering the game, the high school player trying to move up on the team, and the tournament level junior looking to improve his or her tournament results. Upon arrival, all participants are evaluated by the staff so that their own instructional needs can be addressed throughout the week.
SECURE YOUR SPOT!
You can expect high demand on these first-come-first-serve camper spots, so please be sure to register early.
- Dates: Camps available, June - August
- Full Day: June 26-29, July 17-20, August 7-10, August 21-24
- Half Day: June 26-29, July 17-20, August 7-10, August 21-24
- Age Group: 7-16 (ages vary by program)
- Gender: Co-ed
- Camp Type: Full Day & Half Day Camps Available
- Full Day: 9:00am-3:30pm, Monday-Thursday
- Half Day: 9:00am-12:00pm, Monday-Thursday
- Check-In: 15 minutes prior to camp start time.
- Lunch: Lunch will be provided for full day campers each day.
- Program: The All Abilities program is designed to improve the fundamental skills needed for golf; putting, chipping/pitching, full-swing and course etiquette. Upon arrival, all participants will be evaluated by the instructors and placed into groups based on age and ability level.
Please note: Camp schedules and details may be subject to change.
WHAT'S INCLUDED IN THE FEE?
- Instruction: Morning instruction and afternoon course play (for full day campers only)
- Lunch: Lunch will be provided for full day campers each day.
- Supervision: Campers are supervised by staff during camp hours.
- Camper Amenity Package: Campers will receive an amenity package including a Nike hat, drawstring bag, SRIXON golf balls, camp workbook, and graduation certificate.
INSTRUCTION, EQUIPMENT & FACILITY
- Ratio: 1:8 staff-to-camper ratio.
- Groupings: Campers are grouped by age, ability, and experience.
- Equipment Needed: Players should supply their own golf clubs, glove, golf balls, and tees.
- Facility: Pine Ridge Golf Club
- Medical Protocol: Camp will have on-site staff to help with illness or injury. In case of an emergency, campers will be transported to the nearest hospital.
PREPARE FOR CAMP: COMPLETE YOUR PRE-CAMP CHECKLIST
To view your customer account, complete your mandatory forms, pay balance dues, and review important camp information, visit Pre-Camp Checklist. All necessary camp information is on this page. If there are any imperative changes prior to camp start, registered campers will be notified via email and this webpage will be updated!
CHECKLIST OF THINGS TO BRING
Below is a suggested list of clothes, equipment, and personal items. US Sports Camps is NOT responsible for lost or stolen articles or money.
- Athletic clothing (t-shirts, shorts)
- Golf clubs
- Golf Balls/tees/glove
- Golf shoes or tennis/athletic shoes
- Collared shirt (recommended)
- Water bottle*
- Hat/visor (Campers receive Nike hat with amenity package)
- Snacks (optional)
- COVID PPE (as required by state/local guidelines)
- Signed Health & Release forms and waivers (forms completed online do not need to be printed and turned in at camp)
Transportation is not provided. Campers are responsible for getting to and from camp on their own. There is no supervision before or after camp hours so please make arrangements to pick up your child on time.
For information regarding our cancellation policy and all other company policies, please visit USSC Policies.
NIKE JUNIOR GOLF CAMP FAQ
For general questions about our golf camps please see our FAQ page.Show Less See More Camp Details
Please note: Camp schedules may be subject to change.
Sample Daily Schedule
- 8:50am Campers check-in at course
- 9:00am Staff demonstrations, overview of curriculum for the day
- 9:30am Group instruction - campers rotate stations working on putting, chipping, pitching, full swing
- 12:00pm Lunch (full day only), half day campers depart (lunch not included)
- 1:00pm Course play under staff supervision (when available)
- 3:30pm Campers depart
Pine Ridge Golf Club
Located in the Marcola Valley along the Mohawk River and less than 15 minutes from Eugene, Pine Ridge Golf Club features a complete 18-hole golf facility with covered driving range, putting green, short game practice area, and indoor golf simulator.
You’ll find the front nine demanding as you work to avoid water hazards while enjoying expansive views from perched tees and elevated greens. The back nine is more forgiving while still providing a good challenge for golfers of all skill levels.
Camp ReviewsSubmit a review
Overall Average RatingStars
New to 2022!
This camp will be offered for the first time in 2022!
— Nike Junior Golf Camps
SECURE YOUR SPOT – CAMPS SELL OUT!
Last year over 650 Sports Camps sold out, leaving 7,000+ campers on the waitlist. Due to high demand, early registration for our first-come-first-serve camps is strongly recommended.