Nike Junior Golf Camps, Valley Golf Center
Improve your game and have serious fun at
Nike Junior Golf Camps
US Sports Camps is proud to once again host junior golf camps in Fresno, CA this summer! Valley Golf Center, formerly River Park Golf Center, is a top-50 practice facility in the United States. Enroll in camp today and get better this summer!
Our half-day programs are available for golfers ages 7 to 15 of all ability levels. Enjoy three hours of instruction each day under the direction of our staff, led by Director of Golf Gary Green, which incorporates focus on all aspects of the game including putting, chipping, pitching, and full swing.
On the final day of each camp session, Nike campers participate in nine holes of course play followed by a pizza party and a graduation ceremony. During course play, campers have the opportunity to implement what they've learned throughout the week in a scoring environment. Staff members will supervise campers during course play and help with shot selection, course management and rules.
- Three hours of morning instruction covering putting, chipping, pitching and full swing
- Course play under staff supervision on the final day of camp (when available)
- Camper amenity package including a Nike hat, drawstring bag, SRIXON golf balls, camp workbook, and graduation certificate
- A healthy and positive learning environment designed to help every camper get better
- View More Details ⟩
Camp Director Gary Green
Gary started his golf career in 1997 at Kings River Country Club, working as a pro-shop assistant under well-respected professionals Chuck Blanks and Steve Pellegrine. In his seven years at KRCC, he developed a great passion for the game, and spent many years honing his skills on and off the golf course.View Gary Green's Bio ⟩
Gary joined River Park Golf Center eager to learn and wanting to further his career in teaching.
His background as a competitive golfer gives him the ability to offer insight into all different aspects of the game, including the necessary mental, physical, and technical skills necessary to take his students to the next level. Gary works with all skill levels from true beginners to elite level players. He is currently the Director of Golf at River Park Golf Center.
This program is designed for boys and girls between the ages of 7 and 15.
The staff is on hand to provide campers with top quality instruction each day. At Nike Junior Golf Camps we accommodate all skill levels; the junior player just discovering the game, the high school player trying to move up on the team, and the tournament level junior looking to improve his or her tournament results. Upon arrival, all participants are evaluated by the staff so that their own instructional needs can be addressed throughout the week.
SECURE YOUR SPOT!
You can expect high demand on these first-come-first-serve camper spots, so please be sure to register early.
- Dates: 2024 Camp Dates Coming Soon
- Half Day Camps: 2024 Camp Dates Coming Soon
- Age Group: 7-15
- Gender: Co-ed
- Camp Type: Half Day Camps Available
- Half Day: 8:00am-11:00pm
- Check-In: 15 minutes prior to camp start time.
- Lunch: Lunch is not included in the price of camp.
- Program: The All Abilities program is designed to improve the fundamental skills needed for golf including putting, chipping, bunker play, and full-swing. On the first day of camp, all participants will be evaluated by the instructors and placed into groups based on age and ability level in various individual, small group and full group settings.
Please note: Camp schedules and details may be subject to change.
WHAT'S INCLUDED IN THE FEE?
- Instruction: Morning instruction with focus on all aspects of the game including putting, chipping, sand play and full-swing.
- Lunch: Lunch is not included in the price of camp.
- Supervision: Campers are supervised by staff during camp hours.
- Camper Amenity Package: Campers will receive an amenity package including a Nike hat, drawstring bag, SRIXON golf balls, camp workbook, and graduation certificate.
INSTRUCTION, EQUIPMENT & FACILITY
- Ratio: 1:8 staff-to-camper ratio.
- Groupings: Campers are grouped by age, ability, and experience.
- Equipment Needed: Players should supply their own golf clubs, glove, golf balls, and tees. Through Nike Junior Golf Camps we do not provide club rentals at this camp. You can reach out to the Pro-Shop at the golf course to see if they have any rentals available for your session of camp. The phone number is (559) 439-2712.
- Facility: Valley Golf Center
- Medical Protocol: Camp will have on-site staff to help with illness or injury. In case of an emergency, campers will be transported to the nearest hospital.
PREPARE FOR CAMP: COMPLETE YOUR PRE-CAMP CHECKLIST
To view your customer account, complete your mandatory forms, pay balance dues, and review important camp information, visit Pre-Camp Checklist. All necessary camp information is on this page. If there are any imperative changes prior to camp start, registered campers will be notified via email and this webpage will be updated!
CHECKLIST OF THINGS TO BRING
Below is a suggested list of clothes, equipment, and personal items. US Sports Camps is NOT responsible for lost or stolen articles or money.
- Athletic clothing (t-shirts, shorts)
- Golf clubs
- Golf Balls/tees/glove
- Golf shoes or tennis/athletic shoes
- Collared shirt (recommended)
- Water bottle*
- Hat/visor (Campers receive Nike hat with amenity package)
- Snacks (optional)
- COVID PPE (as required by state/local guidelines)
- Signed Health & Release forms and waivers (forms completed online do not need to be printed and turned in at camp)
Transportation is not provided. Campers are responsible for getting to and from camp on their own. There is no supervision before or after camp hours so please make arrangements to pick up your child on time.
For information regarding our cancellation policy and all other company policies, please visit USSC Policies.
NIKE JUNIOR GOLF CAMP FAQ
For general questions about our golf camps please see our FAQ page.Show Less See More Camp Details
Please note: Camp schedules may be subject to change.
Sample Daily Schedule
- 8:00am Campers arrive, warm up, stretching, skills demonstrations by staff
- 8:15am Rotate stations working on full swing, short game, putting
- 10:00am Drills, games, competitions for prizes
- 11:00am Camp meeting and departure
Valley Golf Center
Valley Golf Center's championship par three golf course is a Central Valley favorite. At 1086 yards, each hole presents a challenge that players of all levels are sure to enjoy. Elevation changes, bunkers, two peninsula greens and some of the best greens in the Valley provide a golf experience that can be enjoyed day or night. VGC was recently named "Top-50 Stand Alone Facilities" by the Golf Range Association of America.
Camp Questions & Answers
CAN WE RENT CLUBS?
Through Nike Junior Golf Camps we do not provide club rentals at this camp. You can reach out to the Pro-Shop at the golf course to see if they have any rentals available for your session of camp. The phone number is (559) 439-2712.
July 1, 2022: I think it helped Wyatt find another sport to play as well as something he can enjoy with his daddy.
July 1, 2022: My son loved it! He was excited every day and would come home and practice what he learned.
She enjoyed focusing on ball handling skills
SECURE YOUR SPOT – CAMPS SELL OUT!
Last year over 650 Sports Camps sold out, leaving 7,000+ campers on the waitlist. Due to high demand, early registration for our first-come-first-serve camps is strongly recommended.