Nike Junior Golf Camp, Green River Golf Club
Improve your game and have serious fun at
Nike Junior Golf Camps
Join Nike Camp Director and Head Golf Professional, AJ Prieto, for a premier golf camp experience in Corona at Green River Golf Club. Improve your game and have fun with our experienced teaching professionals this summer!
HALF DAY CAMPS
Camps run Monday through Friday and include fifteen hours of total range instruction. For three hours each day, campers sharpen their skills with our dedicated staff. Strong emphasis is placed on the fundamentals—stance, grip, posture, full swing, rules & etiquette, etc. As the week unfolds, campers receive quality short-game instruction and by Friday, each Nike junior golfer will see improvement in his or her golf game! New to this summer, we are hosting morning sessions of our half-day programs that run from 9:00am-12:00pm.
FULL DAY CAMPS
These camps are an excellent opportunity for junior golfers to improve their skills and their course management at the same time. The students in the full day camp enjoy three hours of instruction each morning. This instruction works on all facets of the game and prepares the junior player for the challenges of the course. After lunch, it’s off to the first tee! Full Day Camps at Green River are designed to create complete golfers and raise their game to the next level while having fun! Lunch is included for full day campers each day.
- Instruction from recognized pros and college coaches with a low student-to-teacher ratio
- Three hours of daily instruction covering putting, chipping, pitching, bunker play, and full swing
- On-course instruction with the camp staff (when available, full day only)
- Camper amenity package including a Nike Hat, drawstring bag, SRIXON golf balls, camp workbook, and graduation certificate
- Safe, fun and healthy learning environment
- View More Details ⟩
This program is designed for boys and girls between the ages of 6 and 17. The staff is on hand to provide campers with top quality instruction each day. At Nike Junior Golf Camps we accommodate all skill levels and, upon arrival, all participants are evaluated by the staff so that their own instructional needs can be addressed throughout the week.
SECURE YOUR SPOT!
*Please Note: Camp sessions SOLD OUT in 2023.* You can expect high demand on these first-come-first-serve camper spots, so please be sure to register early.
- Dates: 2024 Camp Dates Coming Soon
- Full Day/Half Day: 2024 Camp Dates Coming Soon
- Age Group: 6-17
- Gender: Co-ed
- Camp Type: Full Day & Half Day Camps Available
- Full Day: 9:00am-4:00pm, Monday-Friday
- Half Day: 9:00am-12:00pm, Monday-Friday
- Check-In: 15 minutes prior to camp start time.
- Lunch: Lunch is included for Full Day campers each day.
- Program: This Beginner/Intermediate program is designed for players who are just discovering the game or are in the first year of learning the basic fundamentals of golf. Campers will get a jump-start on their golf skills and create a solid foundation to build upon after camp. Campers receive instruction on all skills - putting, chipping, bunker play, and full-swing in various individual, small group and full group settings.
Please note: Camp schedules and details may be subject to change.
WHAT'S INCLUDED IN THE FEE?
- Instruction: Morning instruction and afternoon course play (for Full Day campers only)
- Lunch: Lunch is included for Full Day campers each day.
- Supervision: Campers are supervised by staff during camp hours.
- Camper Amenity Package: Campers will receive an amenity package including a Nike hat, drawstring bag, SRIXON golf balls, camp workbook, and graduation certificate.
INSTRUCTION, EQUIPMENT & FACILITY
- Ratio: 1:8 staff-to-camper ratio.
- Groupings: Campers are grouped by age, ability, and experience.
- Equipment Needed: Players should supply their own golf clubs, glove, golf balls, and tees. Through Nike Junior Golf Camps we do not provide club rentals at this camp. You can reach out to the Pro-Shop at the golf course to see if they have any rentals available for your session of camp. The phone number is (951) 737-7393.
- Facility: Green River Golf Club
- Medical Protocol: Camp will have on-site staff to help with illness or injury. In case of an emergency, campers will be transported to the nearest hospital.
PREPARE FOR CAMP: COMPLETE YOUR PRE-CAMP CHECKLIST
To view your customer account, complete your mandatory forms, pay balance dues, and review important camp information, visit Pre-Camp Checklist. All necessary camp information is on this page. If there are any imperative changes prior to camp start, registered campers will be notified via email and this webpage will be updated!
CHECKLIST OF THINGS TO BRING
Below is a suggested list of clothes, equipment, and personal items. US Sports Camps is NOT responsible for lost or stolen articles or money.
- Athletic clothing (t-shirts, shorts)
- Golf clubs
- Golf Balls/tees/glove
- Golf shoes or tennis/athletic shoes
- Collared shirt (recommended)
- Water bottle*
- Hat/visor (Campers receive Nike hat with amenity package)
- Snacks (optional)
- COVID PPE (as required by state/local guidelines)
- Signed Health & Release forms and waivers (forms completed online do not need to be printed and turned in at camp)
Transportation is not provided. Campers are responsible for getting to and from camp on their own. There is no supervision before or after camp hours so please make arrangements to pick up your child on time.
For information regarding our cancellation policy and all other company policies, please visit USSC Policies.
NIKE JUNIOR GOLF CAMP FAQ
For general questions about our golf camps please see our FAQ page.Show Less See More Camp Details
Please note: Camp schedules may be subject to change.
Sample Daily Schedule
- 8:45-9:00am All campers check-in
- 9:00am Instruction - skills and fundamentals; grip, stance, posture, pitching, putting, bunker play and full swing
- Noon Lunch. Half Day campers depart
- 1:00pm Supervised course play with the camp staff
- 4:00pm Campers depart
Green River Golf Club
The beauty of the Santa Ana Canyons surrounds Green River Golf Club in Corona. The club originally had two 18-hole courses but they have been combined to form one massive, sprawling golf course. Although it is surrounded by hills and valleys, the course itself is mostly flat, making it a good round for high handicappers. The fairways are wide and forgiving, making it even more player friendly for beginners. There are still many challenges in store on this golf course though, including a number of river and creek crossings and strategically placed bunkers.
Camp Questions & Answers
CAN WE RENT CLUBS?
Through Nike Junior Golf Camps we do not provide club rentals at this camp. You can reach out to the Pro-Shop at the golf course to see if they have any rentals available for your session of camp. The phone number is (951) 737-7393.
June 24, 2023: My son has autism. Despite this, he has become a good golfer in large part because of his coach AJ Prieto who is the PGA professional at Green River. My son is able to hit the golf ball up to 300 yards. Last week, my son hit an 8 iron 140 yards which is almost what the pros do.
June 11, 2022: Having my 6-yr old come home and talk about golf instead of video games. The certificate and detailed evaluation was a nice touch.
July 22, 2023: My son's swing improved and he was happy about that.
It was great learning and honing my skills
SECURE YOUR SPOT – CAMPS SELL OUT!
Last year over 650 Sports Camps sold out, leaving 7,000+ campers on the waitlist. Due to high demand, early registration for our first-come-first-serve camps is strongly recommended.