Nike Junior Golf Camps, Bayou Oaks at City Park
Improve your game and have fun at
Nike Junior Golf Camps
Nike Junior Golf Camps is proud to announce the addition of our newest camp location in New Orleans, Louisiana in 2018. Alex Abbruzza, PGA Head Golf Professional at Bayou Oaks, is excited to offer these programs for local juniors looking to improve their skills and have fun!
FULL DAY CAMP
Full Day Camps run Monday through Friday, 9:00am to 4:00pm. Every morning for three hours campers practice all aspects of their games - putting, chipping, bunker play and full-swing. Morning instruction is followed by lunch and on-course instruction with the camp staff.
HALF DAY CAMP
Half Day Camps run Monday through Friday from 9:00am to 12:00pm and include fifteen hours of total range instruction. Strong emphasis is placed on the fundamentals—stance, grip, posture, full swing, rules & etiquette, etc. As the week unfolds, campers receive quality short-game instruction and by Friday, each participant will see improvement in his or her golf game.
- Instruction with low student to teacher ratio from experienced golf professionals
- Three hours of morning instruction covering putting, chipping, pitching and full swing
- Daily course play with the camp staff (full day only)
- Camper amenity package including a Nike hat, drawstring bag, one dozen SRIXON balls, camp workbook, and graduation certificate
- A healthy and positive learning environment designed to help every camper get better
- View More Details ⟩
These programs are designed for boys and girls between the ages of 7 and 16 (varies by program). The staff is on hand to provide campers with top quality instruction each day. At Nike Junior Golf Camps we accommodate all skill levels; the junior player just discovering the game, the high school player trying to move up on the team, and the tournament level junior looking to improve his or her tournament results. Upon arrival, all participants are evaluated by the staff so that their own instructional needs can be addressed throughout the week.Show Less See More Camp Details
A detailed camper registration packet containing check in location, health/release forms, emergency contact info, and a list of things to bring will be emailed to all registered campers in the spring.
Sample Daily Schedule
- 9:00am Staff demonstrations, overview of daily curriculum
- 9:15am Instruction - practice on skills and fundamentals; grip, stance, posture, pitching, putting, bunker play and full swing
- 12:00pm Lunch, half day campers depart
- 1:00pm On-course instruction with the staff
- 4:00pm Full day campers depart
Bayou Oaks at City Park
City Park originally opened in 1902 and evolved into a four course New Orleans facility: North, South, East and West. However, prior to 2017, the North Course was the only course to be rebuilt after Hurricane Katrina. Fortunately as of April 21, 2017, the South Course rejoined the North Course to complete the City Park golf facilities! The South Course is a championship level golf course comprised of a 250 acre footprint. The layout of the eighteen-hole course incorporates portions of the former East and West courses and features many of the historic oak trees and existing lagoons that are characteristic of the Park. Designed by renowned golf course architect Rees Jones, the par 72 layout can be stretched from 5,100 – 7,350 yards and has been designed to accommodate players of all skill levels.
Camp Dates & Prices
Dates & Prices Coming Soon!
Please join our email list to be notified when this program is available for registration.