Nike Junior Golf Camps, Bayou Oaks at City Park
Improve your game and have serious fun at
Nike Junior Golf Camps
Nike Junior Golf Camps is proud to announce the return of our summer camps at Bayou Oaks in New Orleans, Louisiana. Mason Jobin, PGA Golf Professional at Bayou Oaks, is excited to offer these programs for local juniors looking to improve their skills and have fun!
FULL DAY CAMP
Full Day Camps run Monday - Friday, 9:00am to 4:00pm. Every morning for three hours campers practice all aspects of their games - putting, chipping, bunker play and full-swing. Morning instruction is followed by lunch and on-course instruction with the camp staff. Lunch is included for full day campers each day.
Full day campers must be able to walk 9 holes of golf each afternoon with their golf bag.
HALF DAY CAMP
Half Day Camps run from 9:00am to 12:00pm and include three hours of daily range instruction. Strong emphasis is placed on the fundamentals—stance, grip, posture, full swing, rules & etiquette, etc. As the week unfolds, campers receive quality short-game instruction and by the last day of camp, each participant will see improvement in his or her golf game.
- Instruction with low student to teacher ratio from experienced golf professionals
- Three hours of morning instruction covering putting, chipping, pitching and full swing
- Course play with the camp staff (when available, full day only)
- Camper amenity package including a Nike hat, drawstring bag, SRIXON golf balls, camp workbook, and graduation certificate
- A healthy and positive learning environment designed to help every camper get better
- View More Details ⟩
Camp Director Mason Jobin
Mason has been in the golf business for 26 years working various positions at municipal, semi-private, and private clubs.View Mason's Bio ⟩
Most recently, he was Director of Golf at Dominion Valley Country Club in Northern Virginia for the past 11 years. Mason graduated from New Mexico State University’s Professional Golf Management program. He has given countless number of lessons and clinics to all age groups and aspects of the game. City Park has had a long history of growing the game and Mason is enthusiastic in continuing its tradition.
These programs are designed for boys and girls between the ages of 6 and 17 (varies by program). The staff is on hand to provide campers with top quality instruction each day. At Nike Junior Golf Camps we accommodate all skill levels; the junior player just discovering the game, the high school player trying to move up on the team, and the tournament level junior looking to improve his or her tournament results. Upon arrival, all participants are evaluated by the staff so that their own instructional needs can be addressed throughout the week.
SECURE YOUR SPOT!
*Please note: Camp sessions SOLD OUT in 2023.* You can expect high demand on these first-come-first-serve camper spots, so please be sure to register early.
- Dates: 2024 Camp Dates Coming Soon
- Full Day: 2024 Camp Dates Coming Soon
- Half Day: 2024 Camp Dates Coming Soon
- Age Group: 6-17 (varies by program)
- Gender: Co-ed
- Camp Type: Full Day & Half Day Camps Available
- Full Day: 9:00am-4:00pm, Monday-Friday
- Half Day: 9:00am-12:00pm, Monday-Friday
- Check-In: 15 minutes prior to camp start time.
- Lunch: Lunch is included for Full Day campers each day.
- Program: The All Abilities program is designed to improve the fundamental skills needed for golf including putting, chipping, bunker play, and full-swing. On the first day of camp, all participants will be evaluated by the instructors and placed into groups based on age and ability level in various individual, small group and full group settings.
Please note: Camp schedules and details may be subject to change.
WHAT'S INCLUDED IN THE FEE?
- Instruction: Morning instruction and afternoon course play (for Full Day campers only)
- Lunch: Lunch is included for Full Day campers each day.
- Supervision: Campers are supervised by staff during camp hours.
- Camper Amenity Package: Campers will receive an amenity package including a Nike hat, drawstring bag, SRIXON golf balls, camp workbook, and graduation certificate.
INSTRUCTION, EQUIPMENT & FACILITY
- Ratio: 1:8 staff-to-camper ratio.
- Groupings: Campers are grouped by age, ability, and experience.
- Equipment Needed: Players should supply their own golf clubs, glove, golf balls, and tees. Through Nike Junior Golf Camps we do not provide club rentals at this camp. You can reach out to the Pro-Shop at the golf course to see if they have any rentals available for your session of camp. The phone number is (504) 483-9410.
- Facility: Bayou Oaks at City Park
- Medical Protocol: Camp will have on-site staff to help with illness or injury. In case of an emergency, campers will be transported to the nearest hospital.
PREPARE FOR CAMP: COMPLETE YOUR PRE-CAMP CHECKLIST
To view your customer account, complete your mandatory forms, pay balance dues, and review important camp information, visit Pre-Camp Checklist. All necessary camp information is on this page. If there are any imperative changes prior to camp start, registered campers will be notified via email and this webpage will be updated!
CHECKLIST OF THINGS TO BRING
Below is a suggested list of clothes, equipment, and personal items. US Sports Camps is NOT responsible for lost or stolen articles or money.
- Athletic clothing (t-shirts, shorts)
- Golf clubs
- Golf Balls/tees/glove
- Golf shoes or tennis/athletic shoes
- Collared shirt (recommended)
- Water bottle*
- Hat/visor (Campers receive Nike hat with amenity package)
- Snacks (optional)
- COVID PPE (as required by state/local guidelines)
- Signed Health & Release forms and waivers (forms completed online do not need to be printed and turned in at camp)
Transportation is not provided. Campers are responsible for getting to and from camp on their own. There is no supervision before or after camp hours so please make arrangements to pick up your child on time.
For information regarding our cancellation policy and all other company policies, please visit USSC Policies.
NIKE JUNIOR GOLF CAMP FAQ
For general questions about our golf camps please see our FAQ page.Show Less See More Camp Details
Please note: Camp schedules may be subject to change.
Sample Daily Schedule
- 9:00am Staff demonstrations, overview of daily curriculum
- 9:15am Instruction - practice on skills and fundamentals; grip, stance, posture, pitching, putting, bunker play and full swing
- 12:00pm Lunch, half day campers depart
- 1:00pm On-course instruction with the staff (when available)
- 4:00pm Full day campers depart
Bayou Oaks at City Park
City Park originally opened in 1902 and evolved into a four course New Orleans facility: North, South, East and West. However, prior to 2017, the North Course was the only course to be rebuilt after Hurricane Katrina. Fortunately as of April 21, 2017, the South Course rejoined the North Course to complete the City Park golf facilities! The South Course is a championship level golf course comprised of a 250 acre footprint. The layout of the eighteen-hole course incorporates portions of the former East and West courses and features many of the historic oak trees and existing lagoons that are characteristic of the Park. Designed by renowned golf course architect Rees Jones, the par 72 layout can be stretched from 5,100 – 7,350 yards and has been designed to accommodate players of all skill levels.
Camp Questions & Answers
CAN WE RENT CLUBS?
Through Nike Junior Golf Camps we do not provide club rentals at this camp. You can reach out to the Pro-Shop at the golf course to see if they have any rentals available for your session of camp. The phone number is (504) 483-9410.
August 7, 2023: My daughter had a great time learning new things to improve her golf game. She enjoyed each day and was sad for it to come to an end on Friday. We will definitely be looking at camps again for next year!
July 23, 2022: My child had never played golf before and had a great time. He now wants the learn to play regularly.
August 1, 2023: My camper had a lot of fun improving his skills and making new friends. We will be back next year!
July 2, 2022: My son really enjoyed it and was evenly matched with other golfers of his skill level.
June 4, 2022: Our son Jacob had a terrific time learning from his various camp golf instructors.
August 5, 2023: Ryan was excited to go everyday, which is not typical for him of summer camps!
July 16, 2023: My child enjoyed his week and was not ready for camp to end!
June 24, 2023: He loved camp! His favorite part was playing 9 holes!
June 24, 2023: The ability to play the course in the afternoons was so fun.
July 16, 2023: Friendliness of everyone at camp made it great!
Skills have improved in just one week!
SECURE YOUR SPOT – CAMPS SELL OUT!
Last year over 650 Sports Camps sold out, leaving 7,000+ campers on the waitlist. Due to high demand, early registration for our first-come-first-serve camps is strongly recommended.