Nike Junior Golf Camps, Bryan Park Golf Club
Improve your game and have serious fun at
Nike Junior Golf Camps
Nike Junior Golf Camps is excited to announce their return in Greensboro, NC at Bryan Park Golf Club. Camp Director, Chris Haarlow, is excited to invite players of all ability levels to join in for a week of top-notch instruction with his staff of experienced teaching professionals.
FULL DAY CAMP
The full day option runs Monday - Friday from 9:00am - 4:00pm and is an excellent opportunity for junior golfers to improve their skills and their course management at the same time. Under the supervision of the staff, campers practice all aspects of their game including putting, chipping, bunker play and full-swing. Morning instruction is followed by lunch and afternoon course play. All campers will be provided $10 in lunch credit each day. These camps are open to players of all abilities, ages 8-18.
HALF DAY CAMP
Half Day Camps run Monday - Friday from 9:00am - Noon and include fifteen hours of total instruction on the practice range and short game areas. For three hours each day, campers, ages 8-18, sharpen their skills with strong emphasis on the fundamentals—stance, grip, posture, full swing, rules & etiquette, etc. As the week unfolds, campers receive quality short-game instruction and by the last day each junior golfer will see improvement in his or her golf game!
- Instruction from dedicated golf professionals
- Instruction covering all facets of the game; putting, chipping/pitching, full-swing
- Daily on-course instruction with the staff (when available for Full Day campers)
- Camper amenity package including a Nike hat, drawstring bag, SRIXON golf balls, camp workbook, and graduation certificate
- A healthy and positive learning environment designed to help every camper get better!
- View More Details ⟩
Camp Director Chris Haarlow
Chris Haarlow is the Class A PGA Instructor with Precision Golf School and serves as Camp Director for the Nike Junior Golf Camps.View Chris's Bio ⟩
Chris serves as the Director Instructor for Precision Golf School in addition to directing the Award Winning Precision Golf Junior Academy. He is recognized as one of the top instructors in North Carolina, featured at #7 by Golf Digest Top Teachers in North Carolina list.
Chris was named a Top-50 Master Kids Teacher in America by US Kids Golf Inc in its inaugural class in 2008. This award is given the top professionals who have dedicated their careers to developing youth golf in their communities and are known for their overall excellence and commitment to serving youth.
In 2011 Chris was named Carolinas PGA Junior Golf Leader. The Junior Golf Leader Award is given to the PGA Professional who has proven that his commitment to junior programs and initiatives has truly made an impact on the lives of junior golfers at their facility and in their community. In 2016, he was again recognized by the Carolinas PGA with the Player Development Award.
Chris grew up in the Pinehurst area and received some of the best golf instruction in the World as a junior golfer. He continues that tradition today with the Precision Golf School which he joined in 1999.
A three-time All-American on the Guilford College Golf Team (1989, 1990, 1991), Chris is also an accomplished golfer. He has one of the lowestscoring averages in Quaker history and was twice tournament medalist, including the 1990 District Championship. Following college, Chris played professionally for 6 years highlighted by the 1994 U.S. Open at Oakmont.
In 2000, Chris was instrumental in obtaining a USGA start-up grant for $80,000 to initiate the Triad Youth Golf Foundation. This program offers golf instruction to area kids in a structured mentoring program that goes far beyond the basics. Scores of area kids receive their fullest exposure to the fun, challenges, and traditions of golf during the extensive clinics staged by Chris and his assistants.
Throughout his tenure at Precision Golf, Chris has been leading the growth and advancement in the quantity and quality of offerings presented. Chris’ enthusiasm and passion for instructing the game is seen throughout the Junior Academy and beyond. Chris’s days are spent working with adults looking for an edge or collegiate golfers honing their skills, and his afternoons and evenings training junior players looking to make their mark on the game.
This program is designed for boys and girls between the ages of 8 and 18. The staff is on hand to provide campers with top quality instruction each day. At Nike Junior Golf Camps we accommodate all skill levels; the junior player just discovering the game, the high school player trying to move up on the team, and the tournament level junior looking to improve his or her tournament results. Upon arrival, all participants are evaluated by the staff so that their own instructional needs can be addressed throughout the week.
SECURE YOUR SPOT!
You can expect high demand on these first-come-first-serve camper spots, so please be sure to register early.
- Dates: 2024 Camp Dates Coming Soon
- Full Day: 2024 Camp Dates Coming Soon
- Half Day: 2024 Camp Dates Coming Soon
- Age Group: 8-18
- Gender: Co-ed
- Camp Type: Full Day & Half Day Camps Available
- Full Day: 9:00am-4:00pm, Monday-Friday
- Half Day: 9:00am-12:00pm, Monday-Friday
- Check-In: 15 minutes prior to camp start time.
- Lunch: Each full day camper will have up to $10 per day for lunch credit.
- Program: The All Abilities program is designed to improve the fundamental skills needed for golf including putting, chipping, bunker play, and full-swing. On the first day of camp, all participants will be evaluated by the instructors and placed into groups based on age and ability level in various individual, small group and full group settings.
Please note: Camp schedules and details may be subject to change.
WHAT'S INCLUDED IN THE FEE?
- Instruction: Morning instruction and afternoon course play (for full day campers only)
- Lunch: Each full day camper will have up to $10 per day for lunch credit.
- Supervision: Campers are supervised by staff during camp hours.
- Camper Amenity Package: Campers will receive an amenity package including a Nike hat, drawstring bag, SRIXON golf balls, camp workbook, and graduation certificate.
INSTRUCTION, EQUIPMENT & FACILITY
- Ratio: 1:8 staff-to-camper ratio.
- Groupings: Campers are grouped by age, ability, and experience.
- Equipment Needed: Players should supply their own golf clubs, glove, golf balls, and tees. Through Nike Junior Golf Camps we do not provide club rentals at this camp. You can reach out to the Pro-Shop at the golf course to see if they have any rentals available for your session of camp. The phone number is (336) 375-2200.
- Facility: Bryan Park Golf & Conference Center
- Medical Protocol: Camp will have on-site staff to help with illness or injury. In case of an emergency, campers will be transported to the nearest hospital.
PREPARE FOR CAMP: COMPLETE YOUR PRE-CAMP CHECKLIST
To view your customer account, complete your mandatory forms, pay balance dues, and review important camp information, visit Pre-Camp Checklist. All necessary camp information is on this page. If there are any imperative changes prior to camp start, registered campers will be notified via email and this webpage will be updated!
CHECKLIST OF THINGS TO BRING
Below is a suggested list of clothes, equipment, and personal items. US Sports Camps is NOT responsible for lost or stolen articles or money.
- Athletic clothing (t-shirts, shorts)
- Golf clubs
- Golf Balls/tees/glove
- Golf shoes or tennis/athletic shoes
- Collared shirt (recommended)
- Water bottle*
- Hat/visor (Campers receive Nike hat with amenity package)
- Snacks (optional)
- COVID PPE (as required by state/local guidelines)
- Signed Health & Release forms and waivers (forms completed online do not need to be printed and turned in at camp)
Transportation is not provided. Campers are responsible for getting to and from camp on their own. There is no supervision before or after camp hours so please make arrangements to pick up your child on time.
For information regarding our cancellation policy and all other company policies, please visit USSC Policies.
NIKE JUNIOR GOLF CAMP FAQ
For general questions about our golf camps please see our FAQ page.Show Less See More Camp Details
Please note: Camp schedules may be subject to change.
Summer Camp - Sample Daily Schedule
- 8:45am Check-in and warm ups
- 9:00am Instruction - practice on skills and fundamentals; grip, stance, posture, pitching, putting, bunker play and full swing
- Noon Lunch for Full Day Campers
- 1:00pm Course play with staff when available. Focus on strategy, course management, shot selection, rules and etiquette
- 4:00pm Campers depart
The Players Course at Bryan Park Golf
The Players Course is an 18 hole championship layout, originally designed by George Cobb and opened in 1974. The course was later modified by Rees Jones in 1988 and features 79 bunkers and eight ponds/lakes. Shear golfing enjoyment is the main reason for the popularity of the Players Course, but be warned…the course can also become a real skill challenge!
Camp Questions & Answers
IS LUNCH PROVIDED?
Each full day camper will have up to $10 per day for lunch credit.
CAN WE RENT CLUBS?
Through Nike Junior Golf Camps we do not provide club rentals at this camp. You can reach out to the Pro-Shop at the golf course to see if they have any rentals available for your session of camp. The phone number is (336) 375-2200.
June 25, 2023: My son had a great time, his overall skills have improved and he has a new energy for playing golf.
July 30, 2023: Leadership and hands on training using available technology was our highlight.
Camp Staff were Knowledgeable and Encouraging!
SECURE YOUR SPOT – CAMPS SELL OUT!
Last year over 650 Sports Camps sold out, leaving 7,000+ campers on the waitlist. Due to high demand, early registration for our first-come-first-serve camps is strongly recommended.