Nike Junior Golf Camps, Recreation Park 18
Improve your game and have serious fun at
Nike Junior Golf Camps
Recreation Park 18 in Long Beach, CA is proud to offer Nike Junior Golf Camps this summer! Join the staff of experienced instructors for an unforgettable camp experience.
Full Day Camps 9:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
These camps are an excellent opportunity for junior golfers to improve their skills and their course management at the same time. Full Day campers enjoy three hours of instruction each morning to help prepare for the challenges of the course. After lunch (included in camp price), it’s off to the first tee for supervised course play.
For half day camps in Long Beach, please see Nike Junior Golf Camps, El Dorado Park Golf Course for more details.
- Small group instruction with low student/teacher ratio from experienced teaching professionals
- All aspects of the game addressed throughout the week
- Course play focusing on course management, shot selection, rules and etiquette
- Camper amenity package including a Nike hat, drawstring bag, one dozen SRIXON balls, camp workbook, and graduation certificate
- Safe, healthy and fun learning environment
- View More Details ⟩
Camp Director Tim Johnson
Tim Johnson is the head teaching professional at Recreation Park Golf Course in Long Beach. He is a Class A1 member of the PGA and serves as camp director for the Nike Junior Camps.View Tim's Bio ⟩
Tim was nominated for “Teacher of the Year” by the PGA of America, Southern California Section in 2013, 2014 & 2016. He won the Southern California PGA Pro Junior championship in 2010. In addition, he is the creator and host of a national PGA teaching competition called America’s Golf Coach. Coach Johnson has been involved of the Nike Junior Camps since 2003.
This program is designed for boys and girls between the ages of 9 and 16. The staff is on hand to provide campers with top quality instruction each day. At Nike Junior Golf Camps we accommodate all skill levels; the junior player just discovering the game, the high school player trying to move up on the team, and the tournament level junior looking to improve his or her tournament results. Upon arrival, all participants are evaluated by the staff so that their own instructional needs can be addressed throughout the week.Show Less See More Camp Details
A detailed camper registration packet containing check in location, health/release forms, emergency contact info, and a list of things to bring will be emailed to all registered campers in the spring.
Sample Daily Schedule
- 8:45-9:00am Campers check-in at golf course
- 9:00-9:15am Warm-up, overview of daily schedule
- 9:15-11:45am Instruction - practice on skills and fundamentals; grip, stance, posture, pitching, putting, bunker play and full swing
- 12:00pm Lunch/rest
- 12:45-3:45pm Course play with staff
- 4:00pm Check-out
Recreation Park 18 Golf Course
Recreation Park 18 Golf Course is an enjoyable 18-hole, par 72 golf course that features challenging elevation changes on Kikuyu fairways, and tough bunkers defending Bent and Poa greens.
Camp Dates & Prices
This program has concluded for the season.
Please Join our email list to be notified when this program is available for registration.