Nike Junior Golf Camps, Prairie Highlands Golf Club
Improve your game and have serious fun at
Nike Junior Golf Camps
Prairie Highlands Golf Club returns as host for our junior golf camp in Olathe, Kansas. Our staff has designed programs to help junior golfers improve, regardless of skill level or experience.
FULL DAY CAMP
Full day campers receive three hours of instruction each day with emphasis on putting, chipping, bunker play and full swing. After morning instruction and a break for lunch, campers will get to apply what they have learned out on the course (course play when available). Full Day Camps run Monday through Friday from 9:00am-4:00pm and are open to players of all abilities, ages 9-16. Please note: Lunch (is/is NOT) provided for full day campers each day.
*Course play will be dependent on course availability.
HALF DAY CAMP
This program is designed to pique the interest of new golfers while also offering intermediate golfers the instruction needed to improve. Half day campers receive three hours of instruction each day with emphasis on putting, chipping, bunker play and full swing. Half Day Camps run Monday through Friday from 9:00am-12:00pm and are open to players of all abilities, ages 7-13. Please note: Lunch is NOT provided for half day campers each day.
- Small group instruction from experienced teaching professionals
- Course play with the camp staff (when available, Full Day Camp only)
- Camper amenity package including a Nike hat, drawstring bag, SRIXON golf balls, camp workbook, and graduation certificate
- Safe, fun and healthy learning environment
- View More Details ⟩
These programs are designed for boys and girls between the ages of 7 and 16 (varies by program). The staff is on hand to provide campers with top quality instruction each day. At Nike Junior Golf Camps we accommodate all skill levels; the junior player just discovering the game, the high school player trying to move up on the team, and the tournament level junior looking to improve his or her tournament results. Upon arrival, all participants are evaluated by the staff so that their own instructional needs can be addressed throughout the week.
SECURE YOUR SPOT!
You can expect high demand on these first-come-first-serve camper spots, so please be sure to register early.
- Dates: June-July
- Full Day: June 3-7, June 17-21, July 15-19
- Half Day: June 3-7, June 17-21, July 15-19
- Age Group: 7-16 (varies by program)
- Gender: Co-ed
- Camp Type: Full Day & Half Day Camps Available
- Full Day: 9:00am-4:00pm, Monday-Friday
- Half Day: 9:00am-12:00pm, Monday-Friday
- Check-In: 15 minutes prior to camp start time
- Lunch: Lunch is provided for full day campers each day.
- Program: The All Abilities program is designed to improve the fundamental skills needed for golf including putting, chipping, bunker play, and full-swing. On the first day of camp, all participants will be evaluated by the instructors and placed into groups based on age and ability level in various individual, small group and full group settings.
Please note: Camp schedules and details may be subject to change.
WHAT'S INCLUDED IN THE FEE?
- Instruction: Morning instruction and afternoon course play (for full day campers only)
- Lunch: Lunch is provided for full day campers each day.
- Supervision: Campers are supervised by staff during camp hours.
- Camper Amenity Package: Campers will receive an amenity package including a Nike hat, drawstring bag, SRIXON golf balls, camp workbook, and graduation certificate.
INSTRUCTION, EQUIPMENT & FACILITY
- Ratio: 1:8 staff-to-camper ratio.
- Groupings: Campers are grouped by age, ability, and experience.
- Equipment Needed: Players should supply their own golf clubs, glove, golf balls, and tees. Through Nike Junior Golf Camps we do not provide club rentals at this camp. You can reach out to the Pro-Shop at the golf course to see if they have any rentals available for your session of camp. The phone number is (913) 856-7235.
- Facility: Highland Park Golf Course
- Medical Protocol: Camp will have on-site staff to help with illness or injury. In case of an emergency, campers will be transported to the nearest hospital.
PREPARE FOR CAMP: COMPLETE YOUR PRE-CAMP CHECKLIST
To view your customer account, complete your mandatory forms, pay balance dues, and review important camp information, visit Pre-Camp Checklist. All necessary camp information is on this page. If there are any imperative changes prior to camp start, registered campers will be notified via email and this webpage will be updated!
CHECKLIST OF THINGS TO BRING
Below is a suggested list of clothes, equipment, and personal items. US Sports Camps is NOT responsible for lost or stolen articles or money.
- Athletic clothing (t-shirts, shorts)
- Golf clubs
- Golf Balls/tees/glove
- Golf shoes or tennis/athletic shoes
- Collared shirt (recommended)
- Water bottle*
- Hat/visor (Campers receive Nike hat with amenity package)
- Snacks (optional)
- COVID PPE (as required by state/local guidelines)
- Signed Health & Release forms and waivers (forms completed online do not need to be printed and turned in at camp)
Transportation is not provided. Campers are responsible for getting to and from camp on their own. There is no supervision before or after camp hours so please make arrangements to pick up your child on time.
For information regarding our cancellation policy and all other company policies, please visit USSC Policies.
NIKE JUNIOR GOLF CAMP FAQ
For general questions about our golf camps please see our FAQ page.Show Less See More Camp Details
Please note: Camp schedules may be subject to change.
Sample Daily Schedule
- 9:00am Instruction - practice on skills and fundamentals; grip, stance, posture, pitching, putting, bunker play and full swing
- Noon Lunch (included in Full Day camp price, Half Day campers depart)
- 1:00pm Course play with staff (when available). On-course instruction on club selection, course management, strategy, rules and etiquette
- 4:00pm Full Day campers depart
Prairie Highlands Golf Course
Prairie Highlands is in harmony with the rolling landscape, skirted by prairie, on the western edge of Olathe, Kansas. Ron Whitten, Golf Digest's Senior Golf Architecture Editor, has recognized the course, whose name evolved from 182-acre plot of native grasses, as "What Affordable Golf Should Be" in the September 2001 issue.
Camp Questions & Answers
CAN WE RENT CLUBS?
Through Nike Junior Golf Camps we do not provide club rentals at this camp. You can reach out to the Pro-Shop at the golf course to see if they have any rentals available for your session of camp. The phone number is (913) 856-7235.
July 16, 2023: It was amazing to see how much my son loved his time at the camp. After 7 hour each day, he said it felt like 2 hours because he had such a great time.
July 24, 2022: Our grandson's excitement each day as he shared his newest skill.
Can't wait for next year!
SECURE YOUR SPOT – CAMPS SELL OUT!
Last year over 650 Sports Camps sold out, leaving 7,000+ campers on the waitlist. Due to high demand, early registration for our first-come-first-serve camps is strongly recommended.