Nike Junior Golf Camps, Prairie Highlands Golf Club
Improve your game and have serious fun at
Nike Junior Golf Camps
Prairie Highlands Golf Club returns as host for our junior golf camp in Olathe, Kansas. Our staff has designed programs to help junior golfers improve, regardless of skill level or experience.
FULL DAY CAMP
These camps are an excellent opportunity for junior golfers to improve their skills and their course management at the same time. Students in the full day camp enjoy three hours of instruction each morning and work on all facets of the game and prepares the junior player for the challenges of the course. After lunch it’s off to the first tee for course play with the camp staff! Lunch is included for full day campers each day.
HALF DAY CAMP
This program offers campers of all abilities the opportunity to work on and improve every part of their game. Half Day campers receive three hours of instruction each day on all different aspects of the game including putting, chipping, bunker play and full swing. Lunch is not included*
- Small group instruction from experienced teaching professionals
- Course play with the camp staff (when available, Full Day Camp only)
- Camper amenity package including a Nike hat, drawstring bag, SRIXON golf balls, camp workbook, and graduation certificate
- Safe, fun and healthy learning environment
- View More Details ⟩
Co-Camp Director Courtney Mahon
Courtney is a LPGA Class A Pro and current LPGA National Teacher of the Year.View Courtney's Bio ⟩
Falcon Ridge Golf Club is excited to announce the return of Courtney Mahon as the Director of Instruction. Courtney returns back to her home state of Kansas after spending the past five years in Phoenix, Arizona, where she served as the Lead Instructor under Martin Chuck for the Tour Striker Golf Academy.
She had a successful amateur and professional career, competing for the University of Arkansas as well as on various professional golf tours including the LPGA Symetra Tour. Throughout her competitive experience she found her passion for the game included introducing people of all ages to the game of golf. Additionally, she has played a role in inspiring juniors to embrace the sport.
Courtney brings over ten years of coaching experience with her and will be operating Tour Striker Midwest at Falcon Ridge Golf Club beginning this spring. She is recognized as a top level instructor in all aspects of the game and will offer individual and group instruction for players of all skill levels. Please visit our website as well as Courtney’s Facebook page to review her spring and summer schedule, which will include group clinics as well as Nike Junior Golf Camps.
Co-Camp Director Molly Gonzales
Molly serves as the co-director at our Nike Junior Golf Camps. She graduated from Kansas State University in 2022.View Molly's Bio ⟩
Both her Grandpa and Dad were avid golfers and she always enjoyed going to the course with them. Molly quickly grew very passionate for the game, but she specifically enjoyed the mechanics of the golf swing and trying to help her friends improve their game.
Molly's competitive career started at the age of 14 where she competed in summer tournaments with the Kansas City Golf Association. She continued her playing career at Olathe Northwest High School competing in nearly every varsity match during her four years. Molly was recognized as a leader both on and off the golf course. Her positive attitude, friendly demeanor, and leadership landed her a teaching position with Courtney Mahon Golf.
Molly is currently the Head Instructor for Women's Development and Junior Golf Programming. She absolutely loves her job and seeing the improvements her students make in a game she loves so much. Molly has been heavily involved in the growth and development of the junior golf and women's programs. This perfect opportunity has allowed her to combine her love for golf, teaching, and helping others.
These programs are designed for boys and girls between the ages of 7 and 16 (varies by program). The staff is on hand to provide campers with top quality instruction each day. At Nike Junior Golf Camps we accommodate all skill levels; the junior player just discovering the game, the high school player trying to move up on the team, and the tournament level junior looking to improve his or her tournament results. Upon arrival, all participants are evaluated by the staff so that their own instructional needs can be addressed throughout the week.
SECURE YOUR SPOT!
You can expect high demand on these first-come-first-serve camper spots, so please be sure to register early.
- Dates: Camps available, June - July
- Full Day: June 12-16, June 19-23, July 10-14
- Half Day: June 12-16, June 19-23, July 10-14
- Age Group: 7-16 (varies by program)
- Gender: Co-ed
- Camp Type: Full Day & Half Day Camps Available
- Full Day: 9:00am-4:00pm, Monday-Friday
- Half Day: 9:00am-12:00pm, Monday-Friday
- Check-In: 15 minutes prior to camp start time
- Lunch: Lunch is provided for full day campers each day.
- Program: The All Abilities program is designed to improve the fundamental skills needed for golf; putting, chipping/pitching, full-swing and course etiquette. Upon arrival, all participants will be evaluated by the instructors and placed into groups based on age and ability level.
Please note: Camp schedules and details may be subject to change.
WHAT'S INCLUDED IN THE FEE?
- Instruction: Morning instruction and afternoon course play (for full day campers only)
- Lunch: Lunch is provided for full day campers each day.
- Supervision: Campers are supervised by staff during camp hours.
- Camper Amenity Package: Campers will receive an amenity package including a Nike hat, drawstring bag, SRIXON golf balls, camp workbook, and graduation certificate.
INSTRUCTION, EQUIPMENT & FACILITY
- Ratio: 1:8 staff-to-camper ratio.
- Groupings: Campers are grouped by age, ability, and experience.
- Equipment Needed: Players should supply their own golf clubs, glove, golf balls, and tees.
- Facility: Highland Park Golf Course
- Medical Protocol: Camp will have on-site staff to help with illness or injury. In case of an emergency, campers will be transported to the nearest hospital.
PREPARE FOR CAMP: COMPLETE YOUR PRE-CAMP CHECKLIST
To view your customer account, complete your mandatory forms, pay balance dues, and review important camp information, visit Pre-Camp Checklist. All necessary camp information is on this page. If there are any imperative changes prior to camp start, registered campers will be notified via email and this webpage will be updated!
CHECKLIST OF THINGS TO BRING
Below is a suggested list of clothes, equipment, and personal items. US Sports Camps is NOT responsible for lost or stolen articles or money.
- Athletic clothing (t-shirts, shorts)
- Golf clubs
- Golf Balls/tees/glove
- Golf shoes or tennis/athletic shoes
- Collared shirt (recommended)
- Water bottle*
- Hat/visor (Campers receive Nike hat with amenity package)
- Snacks (optional)
- COVID PPE (as required by state/local guidelines)
- Signed Health & Release forms and waivers (forms completed online do not need to be printed and turned in at camp)
Transportation is not provided. Campers are responsible for getting to and from camp on their own. There is no supervision before or after camp hours so please make arrangements to pick up your child on time.
For information regarding our cancellation policy and all other company policies, please visit USSC Policies.
NIKE JUNIOR GOLF CAMP FAQ
For general questions about our golf camps please see our FAQ page.Show Less See More Camp Details
Please note: Camp schedules may be subject to change.
Sample Daily Schedule
- 9:00am Instruction - practice on skills and fundamentals; grip, stance, posture, pitching, putting, bunker play and full swing
- Noon Lunch (included in Full Day camp price, Half Day campers depart)
- 1:00pm Course play with staff (when available). On-course instruction on club selection, course management, strategy, rules and etiquette
- 4:00pm Full Day campers depart
Prairie Highlands Golf Course
Prairie Highlands is in harmony with the rolling landscape, skirted by prairie, on the western edge of Olathe, Kansas. Ron Whitten, Golf Digest's Senior Golf Architecture Editor, has recognized the course, whose name evolved from 182-acre plot of native grasses, as "What Affordable Golf Should Be" in the September 2001 issue.
Camp ReviewsSubmit a review
Overall Average RatingStars
helped him learn new skills
"He has only been playing golf for about 7 months now and this camp helped him continue to learn new skills."
— Becky S. Parent
feels more confident about joining her high school team
"She feels more confident about joining her high school team and I liked the review video sent through the CoachNow app."
— Veronica W. Parent
learned new skills
"She learned new skills. Better swing."
— Lan S. Parent
can't wait for next year
"Gavin looked forward to it every day and he can’t wait to do it again next year!"
— Shannon A. Parent (from Courtney Mahon's camp at Falcon Ridge, KS)
SECURE YOUR SPOT – CAMPS SELL OUT!
Last year over 650 Sports Camps sold out, leaving 7,000+ campers on the waitlist. Due to high demand, early registration for our first-come-first-serve camps is strongly recommended.