Nike Junior Golf Camps, River Crossing Club
Improve your game and have serious fun at
Nike Junior Golf Camps
Welcome to the Nike Junior Golf Camp in Spring Branch, Texas! Join Nike Camp Director, Bryan Gathright, this summer at River Crossing Club. This camp provides top-notch instruction by our highly qualified staff of teaching professionals. Improve your game and have fun with our experienced teaching professionals this summer!
Spring camps run Tuesday through Friday, 9:00am to 3:00pm and 9:00am - 12:00pm. This program offers campers of all abilities the opportunity to improve every part of their game. Similar to our summer camps, the program is designed to develop each player's skills and bring them to the next level. Please note: Lunch is provided for full day campers only each day.
FULL DAY CAMPS
This program is a wonderful way for our campers to enjoy a full day of golf. Full day campers receive three hours of instruction each day with emphasis on putting, chipping, bunker play and full swing. After morning instruction and a break for lunch, campers will get to apply what they have learned out on the course (course play when available). Full Day Camps run Tuesday through Friday from 9:00am - 3:00pm and are open to players of all abilities, ages 7-18. Please note: Lunch is provided for full day campers each day.
HALF DAY CAMPS
This program is designed to pique the interest of new golfers while also offering intermediate golfers the instruction needed to improve. Half day campers receive three hours of instruction each day with emphasis on putting, chipping, bunker play and full swing. Half Day Camps run Tuesday through Friday from 9:00am - 12:00pm and are open to players of all abilities, ages 7-18. Please note: Lunch is NOT provided for half day campers.
- Three hours of morning instruction covering putting, chipping, pitching, and full swing
- Course play focusing on course management, strategy, shot selection, rules and etiquette (when available, full day only)
- Camper amenity package including a Nike hat, drawstring bag, SRIXON golf balls, camp workbook, and graduation certificate
- A healthy and positive learning environment designed to help every camper get better
- View More Details ⟩
Camp Director Bryan Gathright
Bryan Gathright will serve as Camp Director at Nike Junior Golf Camps. Gathright has been a teaching professional since 1987 and his experience in golf covers more than 45 years. Bryan is known as one of golf’s most respected teachers, one of Golf Magazine’s Lifetime Top 100 Teachers. He has been classified as one of the Top Teachers in Texas by both Golf Digest and Texas Monthly.View Bryan's Bio ⟩
Camp Co-Director Hunter Gathright
Hunter Gathright will serve as Camp Director at Nike Junior Golf Camps. Hunter has an incredible background in both the golf and fitness industry. Hunter was a past San Antonio City Champion. Hunter has directed the fitness program for Gathright Golf for the past 5 years. In 2022 and 2023 Gathright Golf has been named an award member of the Best Golf Fitness Programs in America by the Golf Fitness Association of America. He is a Certified GOATA Fitness Movement Coach, as well as a TPI Certified Level 3 Fitness trainer and TPI Level 2 Certified Junior Fitness Trainer.View Hunter's Bio ⟩
Coach Bradyn Lipps
Bradyn Lipps will serve as coach for the Nike Junior Golf Camps at Sweetwater Country Club and River Crossing Club.View Bradyn's Bio ⟩
Coach Arthur Robinson
Arthur Robinson will serve as Coach for Nike Junior Golf Camps at Sweetwater Country Club and River Crossing Club.View Arthur's Bio ⟩
This program is designed for boys and girls between the ages of 7-18. The staff is on hand to provide campers with top quality instruction each day. At Nike Junior Golf Camps we accommodate all skill levels; the junior player just discovering the game, the high school player trying to move up on the team, and the tournament level junior looking to improve his or her tournament results. Upon arrival, all participants are evaluated by the staff so that their own instructional needs can be addressed throughout the week.
SECURE YOUR SPOT!
You can expect high demand on these first-come-first-serve camper spots, so please be sure to register early.
- Dates: March-August
- Spring Camp: March 12-15
- Summer Camps:
- Full Day: May 28-31, June 18-21, July 23-26, August 6-9
- Half Day: May 28-31, June 18-21, July 23-26, August 6-9
- Age Group: 7-18
- Gender: Co-ed
- Camp Type: Full Day & Half Day Camps Available
- Full Day: 9:00am-3:00pm, Tuesday-Friday
- Half Day: 9:00am-12:00pm, Tuesday-Friday
- Check-In: 15 minutes prior to camp start time.
- Lunch: Lunch is included for full day campers.
- Program: The All Abilities program is designed to improve the fundamental skills needed for golf including putting, chipping, bunker play, and full-swing. On the first day of camp, all participants will be evaluated by the instructors and placed into groups based on age and ability level in various individual, small group and full group settings.
Please note: Camp schedules and details may be subject to change.
WHAT'S INCLUDED IN THE FEE?
- Instruction: Morning instruction and afternoon course play (for full day campers only)
- Lunch: Lunch is included for full day campers.
- Supervision: Campers are supervised by staff during camp hours.
- Camper Amenity Package: Campers will receive an amenity package including a Nike hat, drawstring bag, SRIXON golf balls, camp workbook, and graduation certificate.
INSTRUCTION, EQUIPMENT & FACILITY
- Ratio: 1:8 staff-to-camper ratio.
- Groupings: Campers are grouped by age, ability, and experience.
- Equipment Needed: Players should supply their own golf clubs, glove, golf balls, and tees. Through Nike Junior Golf Camps we do not provide club rentals at this camp. You can reach out to the Pro-Shop at the golf course to see if they have any rentals available for your session of camp. The phone number is (830) 904-4653.
- Facility: River Crossing Club
- Medical Protocol: Camp will have on-site staff to help with illness or injury. In case of an emergency, campers will be transported to the nearest hospital.
PREPARE FOR CAMP: COMPLETE YOUR PRE-CAMP CHECKLIST
To view your customer account, complete your mandatory forms, pay balance dues, and review important camp information, visit Pre-Camp Checklist. All necessary camp information is on this page. If there are any imperative changes prior to camp start, registered campers will be notified via email and this webpage will be updated!
CHECKLIST OF THINGS TO BRING
Below is a suggested list of clothes, equipment, and personal items. US Sports Camps is NOT responsible for lost or stolen articles or money.
- Athletic clothing (t-shirts, shorts)
- Golf clubs
- Golf Balls/tees/glove
- Golf shoes or tennis/athletic shoes
- Collared shirt (recommended)
- Water bottle*
- Hat/visor (Campers receive Nike hat with amenity package)
- Snacks (optional)
- COVID PPE (as required by state/local guidelines)
- Signed Health & Release forms and waivers (forms completed online do not need to be printed and turned in at camp)
Transportation is not provided. Campers are responsible for getting to and from camp on their own. There is no supervision before or after camp hours so please make arrangements to pick up your child on time.
For information regarding our cancellation policy and all other company policies, please visit USSC Policies.
NIKE JUNIOR GOLF CAMP FAQ
For general questions about our golf camps please see our FAQ page.Show Less See More Camp Details
Please note: Camp schedules may be subject to change.
Sample Daily Schedule
- 9:00am Instruction - skills and fundamentals; grip, stance, posture, pitching, putting, bunker play and full swing
- Noon Lunch (Included in Full Day Camp price. Half Day campers depart)
- 1:00pm Course play under staff supervision (when available)
- 3:00pm Full Day campers depart
River Crossing Club
The 18-hole championship golf course, nestled in the rustic beauty of the Texas Hill Country, was recently voted as one of the most well-maintained golf courses in the San Antonio area. Golf Week (Texas Golfer publication) rated River Crossing Club “13th best course in the state” and The San Antonio Business Journal rated River Crossing’s course as one of the “3rd toughest private courses in the area.”
Camp Questions & Answers
CAN WE RENT CLUBS?
Through Nike Junior Golf Camps we do not provide club rentals at this camp. You can reach out to the Pro-Shop at the golf course to see if they have any rentals available for your session of camp. The phone number is (830) 904-4653.
SECURE YOUR SPOT – CAMPS SELL OUT!
Last year over 650 Sports Camps sold out, leaving 7,000+ campers on the waitlist. Due to high demand, early registration for our first-come-first-serve camps is strongly recommended.