Nike Boys Lacrosse Camp at Clemson University
2024 Dates & Prices Now Available!
USSC is extremely pleased to offer the Nike Lacrosse Camp at Clemson University with one of the most accomplished and knowledgeable coaches in the Southeast. Former Clemson Head Coach, Buff Grubb, draws on over 20 years of summer camp coaching experience to offer a curriculum that will have an immediate impact on camper’s skills and knowledge of the sport.
Nestled in the foothills of the Blue Ridge Mountains and bordering Lake Hartwell in northwestern South Carolina, Clemson is particularly convenient to the Atlanta, Knoxville, and Charlotte metropolitan areas as well as within easy reach of much of the southeastern US. The Clemson Nike Lacrosse Camp includes multiple focused instruction sessions for all positions and scrimmages take place each day on Clemson’s grass recreation fields. Overnight campers are supervised in the student dormitories located a short walk from the fields.
- High School & Youth Camp for Boys Ages 9-18
- Superior instruction from College Coaches and Players
- 8:1 camper to instructor on field ratio
- Daily emphasis on fundamentals, position training, drills and scrimmages
- Team discounts available
- Special goalie instruction and discounts available
- Every camper receives a reversible Nike practice jersey
- Nike and STX Prizes for outstanding play, sportsmanship and improvement
- View More Details ⟩
Camp Director Buff Grubb
A Maryland-native, Coach Grubb started his lacrosse career in the 70s at the McDonogh School near Baltimore and earned a scholarship to play at Rutgers University.View Buff Grubb's Bio & Lacrosse Tips ⟩
Through the ‘80s, he was a certified referee, a founder of the Harford (MD) Lacrosse Club, and became the Associate Head Coach at Spaulding High School in Vermont. In the fall of 1992, Grubb joined the collegiate ranks as the Head Lacrosse Coach at the University of Tennessee, leading the Volunteers to four SouthEastern Lacrosse Conference (SELC) Championships and advancing 3 teams to the MCLA National Championships, and receiving SELC Coach of the Year honors twice as well as the Ace Adams Sportsmanship Award. From 2002 to 2005, Grubb oversaw the emergence of the lacrosse program at Wake Forest University before taking over at Clemson University in the fall of 2005.
Receiving SELC Coach of the Year honors in 2008, 2011 and again in 2017, Coach Grubb has successfully developed the Clemson Tigers into a consistent contender in the SouthEastern Lacrosse Conference and an emerging national presence in the MCLA (Men’s Collegiate Lacrosse Association). In 2014, Coach Grubb was inducted into the SELC Hall of Fame.
A member of the Century Club, Coach Grubb has compiled over 200 collegiate victories and produced winning teams 17 of his 21 seasons on the sidelines. He continues to volunteer his time on growing the sport in the Southeast as the former President of the SELC and member of the Men’s Division Board of Governors of US Lacrosse, the sport’s National Governing Body. Grubb is also a former President of the South Carolina Chapter of US Lacrosse.
US Sports Camps, Inc is extremely pleased to offer this camp with one of the most accomplished and knowledgeable coaches in the Southeast. Coach Grubb will also draw on over 20 years of summer camp coaching experience to offer a curriculum that will have an immediate impact on camper’s skills and knowledge of the sport.
“Our vision for this camp will focus on instruction,” states Coach Grubb, “working with our campers to improve not only their individual skills and sense of the game, but also their ability to contribute to team skills and success. Lacrosse is exploding in the southeast and we hope to make a solid and continuing contribution to the evolution and maturation of the sport in this region.”
Lacrosse Tips by Buff Grubb:
Head Coach Drew Tobias
Drew Tobias played Division I Lacrosse at Presbyterian College and coached at UNCC for the club lacrosse team in past years. Joined the Clemson Lacrosse team in the spring of 2019 as a Volunteer assistant and joined the team full time in the fall of 2019. After serving as defensive coordinator for the years of 2019-2022, Drew has now taken the role of head coach after the recent retirement of Coach Grubb.
SECURE YOUR SPOT!
Please Note: This Camp SOLD OUT in 2023. You can expect high demand for these first-come-first-serve camper spots, so please be sure to register early. This summer, Clemson is offering one week of overnight with an extended day camp (9:00am-9:00pm) option for ages 9-18. Our focus for this camp will be on instruction, working with our campers to improve not only their individual skills and sense of the game but also their ability to contribute to team skills and success.
- Dates: July 22-25
- Age Group: 9-18
- Gender: Boys
- Camp Type: Overnight, Extended Day (commuter)
- Check-In: Check-in takes place on Monday at the E-5 Parking Lot below the Quad Dorms between 4:30pm-6:30pm with the first field session starting at 7:00pm that evening. A detailed schedule for the week will be provided at that time.
- Check-out: There will be a closing ceremony at the field on Thursday, July 13th at 12:30pm. All campers depart from the field following our last field session on Thursday.
- Extended Day Schedule: MON 2PM-9PM, TUE 9AM-9PM, WED 9AM-9PM, THUR 9AM-12:30PM **Times subject to change
- Meals: Dinner is not provided on the first day. All meals thereafter are provided for Overnight campers. Lunch and dinner are provided for all Extended Day (commuter) campers.
- Program: The Advanced Skills/Complete Skills Camp is designed for high school/youth players (ages 9-18), and focuses on stick skills, position play, team concepts, and an overall intense level of competition.
Clemson, SC 29634
- Dorm: Quad Dorms
- Number of Campers Per Room: 2 per room
- Roommates: Rooms are assigned by age & roommate requests. Roommate requests must be mutual and received no later than 14 days before the start of camp. If you don't have a roommate request, you will be placed in a room with someone near your age. It will be a great opportunity to meet someone new!
- Bathrooms: Shared
- Linens: Not included. Bring linens or a sleeping bag, a pillow, a pillowcase, and a towel.
- Air Conditioning: YES - Dorm has A/C
The staff reside in the dormitories with the campers and participate in all activities. Drugs, alcohol, and tobacco are strictly prohibited and constitute, along with general misconduct, grounds for dismissal from camp without a refund.
WHAT'S INCLUDED IN THE FEE?
- Instruction: Morning, afternoon, and evening training sessions
- Overnight campers: Dormitory housing on campus and all meals are provided.
- Extended Day campers: Lunch and dinner are provided, after day 1.
- Supervision: Staff members reside in campers’ quarters and participate in all activities.
- Reversible Jersey & Prizes: Campers at multi-day camps will receive a Nike Lacrosse Camps Reversible Jersey and prizes.
INSTRUCTION, EQUIPMENT & FACILITY
- Ratio: 1:10 staff-to-camper ratio
- Groupings: Campers are grouped by age, ability, and experience.
- Equipment Needed: Please bring your helmet, mouthpiece, cleats, lacrosse stick, gloves, and pads.
- Facility: Athletic Fields
- Medical Protocol: Most camps have an athletic trainer on-site to help with illness or injury. In case of an emergency, campers will be transported to the nearest hospital.
PREPARE FOR CAMP: COMPLETE YOUR PRE-CAMP CHECKLIST
To view your customer account, complete your mandatory forms, pay balance dues, and review important camp information, visit Pre-Camp Checklist. All necessary camp information is on this page. If there are any imperative changes before camp starts, registered campers will be notified via email and this webpage will be updated!
Below is a suggested list of clothes, equipment, and personal items. US Sports Camps are NOT responsible for lost or stolen articles or money.
Checklist of things to bring:
- Athletic Socks
- Helmet & Mouthpiece
- Lacrosse Stick(s), Gloves, Pads
- Goalies Must Have Full Protective Equipment
- Comfortable Off-Field Clothes
- Toiletries & Personal Items
- Water Bottle
- Turf Shoes or Running Shoes for
- Alarm Clock
- Extra Towels
- Non-Perishable Snack Foods
- Spending money (approx. $50)
- Pillow & Pillowcase
- Twin XL Sheets/Blanket or Sleeping Bag
- No Fan Needed – Dorms Are Air Conditioned
- Signed Heath & Release forms and waivers (forms completed online do not need to be printed and turned in at camp)
EXTENDED DAY CAMPERS
Checklist of Things to Bring: We recommend that all Extended Day Campers bring a daily pack with the following items: Along with your lacrosse equipment, we recommend that you bring a day pack with the following items: water bottle, weather-appropriate clothing, cleats, and walking shoes.
Camp Schedule & Meals:
- Monday: Extended Day Campers should arrive dressed and ready to play. You will be assigned a counselor and given a complete schedule of all events during the week. Day Campers stay until 8:30pm. Dinner is not provided on the first day.
- Tuesday: Extended Day Camper Hours – 9:00am-9:00pm. Lunch and dinner are provided.
- Wednesday: Extended Day Camper Hours - 9:00am-9:00pm. Lunch and dinner are provided.
- Thursday: Check-out is immediately after the camp concludes at 12:00pm. Departure time may change depending on the event.
Transportation is not provided. Campers are responsible for getting to and from camp on their own. There is no supervision before or after camp hours so please make arrangements to pick up your child on time.
For information regarding our cancellation policy and all other company policies, please visit USSC Policies.
NIKE LACROSSE CAMP FAQ
For general questions about our lacrosse camps please see our FAQ page.
Discounts AvailableTEAM DISCOUNT: If five or more campers register together, each camper is eligible for a $25 discount. Please have a team contact reach out directly to the USSC office at 1-800-645-3226 to receive a discount code to identify your group. Campers may then register through the website at their convenience and apply the coupon code during check-out.
GOALIE DISCOUNT: To ensure each session has enough goalies for drills and scrimmages, all goalies automatically qualify for a special $50 discount. You can call 1-800-645-3226 to receive the goalie discount over the phone or you can indicate that you are eligible for the goalie discount in the “comments” field when registering via our secure website. Goalie discount cannot be combined with any other discount.
Sample Daily Schedule
- 7:30 am Breakfast (Overnighters)
- 9:00 am Stretching and Conditioning
- 9:30 am Line Drills and Stations
- 10:30 am Position Work
- Noon Lunch and rest
- 1:30 pm 1v1, 2v2, and fastbreaks
- 3:00 pm Drill stations and scrimmaging
- 5:00 pm Dinner and supervised free time
- 6:30 pm Back to field for games
- 9:00 pm Extended Day Campers depart
- 10:00 pm Overnight Campers to rooms; Lights out!
This beautiful college campus sits on 1,400 acres in the foothills of the Blue Ridge Mountains, along the shores of Hartwell Lake.
July 20, 2023: His team won the championship and he got to play a lot, he loved that.
July 16, 2023: Getting goalie MVP
July 17, 2023: Meeting new friends
July 16, 2023: Skill evaluation provided
July 16, 2023: Winning Defensive MVP award
July 16, 2023: Just the enjoyment my son had each and every day.
July 16, 2023: Training with the coaches and playing with friends
July 16, 2023: My child grew skills and connected with the players
July 17, 2023: Getting to meet other people an playing an learning the sport
July 18, 2023: Meeting new friends and learning new lacrosse skills. Definitely to get my foot work down.
July 22, 2022: Players, a lot of fun, tons of playing time, coaching, confidence builder, skill development.
July 16, 2023: It was overall a wonderful first experience for our son!! He had the best time and wished it lasted longer!!
July 16, 2023: My son loved everything about it, especially the one on one coaching and the evaluations at the end. Super helpful.
July 17, 2023: The frequency of play and amount of time for drills and learning. My son (16) said it was best camp he has attended yet.
July 22, 2022: It was great to see familiar coaches from previous years, as well as our local coaches at the camp. In addition, the skills evaluation is so helpful in assisting the players understand their areas of strength and where they could use more practice.
July 16, 2023: My son really enjoyed the schrimages. Having the chance to play with and against others in a similar grade that he doesn't always get to play with/against was something he really enjoyed. Instruction was very good as well, but the scrimmages are what he talked about and walked us through..
Loved the coaches
SECURE YOUR SPOT – CAMPS SELL OUT!
Last year over 650 Sports Camps sold out, leaving 7,000+ campers on the waitlist. Due to high demand, early registration for our first-come-first-serve camps is strongly recommended.