Roanoke College Men’s Lacrosse Prospect Day
JOIN BILL PILAT FOR HIS PROSPECT DAY
AT ROANOKE COLLEGE IN FEBRUARY!
Head Men's Lacrosse Coach, Bill Pilat, is offering prospects an on-campus recruiting opportunity to experience a day of lacrosse with the staff! The one day camp is hosted at the beautiful Roanoke College campus located in Salem, a suburban independent city adjacent to Roanoke, Virginia.
- Each Date will be offered ONLY to the first 60 players who sign up
- Class of 2024, 2025, 2026 and 2027
- Two field sessions
- Admissions information session
- Come and experience what a day of lacrosse is like with our staff!
- View More Details ⟩
Camp Director Bill Pilat
Entering his 31st season at the helm of the Roanoke College program, Bill Pilat has 341 career wins and his 70% win percentage is also the best in the history of the ODAC.View Bill Pilat's Bio & Lacrosse Tips ⟩
The Maroons are currently in the midst of 19 consecutive winning seasons, including a school record 13 consecutive with 10 or more wins.
When the Maroons punched their ticket to the NCAA Division III Tournament last season, the Maroons became the 13th team to do so under Pilat’s guidance.
In 2015, Pilat earned his 300th career win, becoming the 15th men's lacrosse coach in all of NCAA Divisions I, II or III to accomplish that milestone. During his tenure as coach, Pilat has led the team to 11 ODAC Championships and now 16 NCAA Tournament appearances after appearing in the NCAA Tournament yet again in the 2015 season. The Maroons finished the season with its program record-setting seventh consecutive 10-win season.
Pilat has been named the ODAC Coach of the Year in a vote of his league peers, the most of any ODAC coach. He has claimed nine Old Dominion Athletic Conference Championships, the latest coming in 2013.
Pilat is an integral part of Roanoke’s lacrosse excellence both as a player and a coach. As a player, Pilat was a three-time All-American, two-time ODAC Player of the Year, and the 1985 Roanoke Male Athlete of the Year. Also in 1985, Pilat received the C. Markland Kelly Award and the Hero’s Award as the nation’s top goaltender. With 710 collegiate saves, he has 29 more stops than any other keeper in school history. In addition to leading the program in career saves, Pilat has also coached six of the nine other players ranked in the top 10 all-time saves list at the school. Three of those goalies have earned All-American status.
In addition to coaching and recruiting, Pilat has been very active in the lacrosse community. A former member of the Division III Advisory and All-American committees, he has served as the president of both the ODAC and Division III Coaches associations. He has been the chairman of the United States Intercollegiate Lacrosse Association’s Century Club and was a member of the U.S. World Lacrosse Team player selection committee. Pilat is also one of the nation’s most recognizable summer camp directors, running several camps in Virginia, Florida, Connecticut, Ohio, and New York. The Bill Pilat Goalie School is regarded as the nation’s best camp for goalies. Pilat’s latest venture is a new goalie video aimed at improving the skills and fundamentals of both novice and advanced keepers.
Pilat graduated cum laude from Roanoke in 1985 and earned a master’s degree from Alfred University in education in 1986. While at Alfred, he served as a graduate assistant with the Saxons’ lacrosse program. Pilat spent the 1987 season as a member of the Washington & Lee University staff, helping the Generals to a national semifinal appearance, before returning to Roanoke as an assistant in 1988.
He currently resides in Roanoke with his wife, Diana, also a 1985 Roanoke graduate. Their two children are Will and Emily. Will was a multiple time All-American at Roanoke, graduating in 2016 and won the 2018 National Championship as an assistant coach at Wesleyan.
Lacrosse Tips by Bill Pilat:
- The Goalie School Tip: Keep Your Head Up!
- The Goalie School Tip: Restarting the Action with Proper Outlet Passes
- Nike Lacrosse Tip: Transition Drill
- The Goalie School Tip: Stay Still To Make More Saves
- The Goalie School Tip: Do Goalies need to work on their “Weak” Hand when clearing?
- Goalie Lacrosse Recruiting Tips with Bill Pilat
- Dates: February 25
- Age Group: 14-18
- Gender: Boys
- Camp Type: Day
- Schedule: 9:00am-3:00pm, Sunday
- Check-In: Check-in takes place between 8:30am-9:00am at Kerr Stadium
- Check-out: Check-out takes place each day at 3pm at the field.
- Meals: Lunch is NOT provided. Campers have the option to leave and go get lunch nearby. Lunch break is 11:30am-1:00pm. There are many restaurants on Main Street - a 5-minute drive. All campers should bring a filled water bottle.
- Program: Head Men's Lacrosse Coach, Bill Pilat, is offering prospects an on-campus recruiting opportunity to experience a day of lacrosse with the staff! The Roanoke College Men's Lacrosse Prospect Day is open to boys ages 13-18 in the Class of 2024, 2025, 2026 and 2027.
The following positions are still available:
- Longstick Middie
301 N Market St
Salem, VA 24153
Click Here for Directions - Drop off your lacrosse player in the Back (closest to turf field) of Bast Center Parking Lot.
Sunday, February 25th
- Check in: 8:30-9:00am at Kerr Stadium.
- Check out: 3:00pm; Departure is 3:00 PM and campers can be picked up at the field.
WHAT'S INCLUDED IN THE FEE?
- Instruction: Morning and afternoon training sessions
- Supervision: Campers are supervised by staff during camp hours.
- Reversible Jersey & Prizes: Campers will receive a Nike Lacrosse Reversible Jersey and prizes.
INSTRUCTION, EQUIPMENT & FACILITY
- Ratio: 1:10 staff-to-camper ratio
- Groupings: Campers are grouped by age, ability, and experience.
- Equipment Needed: Please bring your helmet, mouthpiece, cleats, lacrosse stick, gloves, and pads.
- Facility: Athletic Fields
- Medical Protocol: Most camps have an athletic trainer on-site to help with illness or injury. In case of an emergency, campers will be transported to the nearest hospital.
PREPARE FOR CAMP: COMPLETE YOUR PRE-CAMP CHECKLIST
To view your customer account, complete your mandatory forms, pay balance dues, and review important camp information, visit Pre-Camp Checklist. All necessary camp information is on this page. If there are any imperative changes prior to camp start, registered campers will be notified via email and this webpage will be updated!
Below is a suggested list of clothes, equipment, and personal items. US Sports Camps is NOT responsible for lost or stolen articles or money.
Checklist of things to bring:
- Cleats or Turf Shoes
- Helmet & Mouthpiece
- Lacrosse Stick(s), Gloves, Pads
- Goalies Must Have Full Protective Equipment
- Healthy Lunch
- Water Bottle
- Signed Heath & Release forms and waivers (forms completed online do not need to be printed and turned in at camp)
Transportation is not provided. Campers are responsible for getting to and from camp on their own. There is no supervision before or after camp hours so please make arrangements to pick up your child on time.
For information regarding our cancellation policy and all other company policies, please visit USSC Policies.
NIKE LACROSSE CAMP FAQ
For general questions about our lacrosse camps please see our FAQ page.Show Less See More Camp Details
DAY CAMP AMENITIES
• Reversible Roanoke Jersey
• Camp hours: Each Prospect Day will begin at 9:00 AM and conclude at 3:00 PM
Sunday, February 25th
- Roanoke Lacrosse Prospect Day on Turf (9:00am-3:00pm)
- 9:00-11:30am - Morning session
- 11:30-1:00pm - Lunch break off site for parents and players
- 1:00-1:30pm - Admissions information session (parents welcome)
- 1:30-3:00pm - Scrimmage on Turf
PROSPECT DAY INCLUDES
- All instruction and coaches talks
- 2 field sessions
- Roanoke Lacrosse T-shirt
- Talk from Roanoke Admissions department
- Full Field games in afternoon session
LODGING FOR PARTICIPANTS AND FAMILIES
All players and families must make their own hotel reservations. All Hotels listed are 5-7 minutes from campus fields.
- Comfort Suites: 100 Wildwood Rd., Salem, VA 24153; Phone: 540-389-7171
- La Quinta: 140 Sheraton Dr., Salem, VA 24153: Phone: 540-562-2717
- Ridgewood Farm Comfort Suites: 2898 Keagy Rd., Salem, VA 24153; Phone: 540-375-4800
Sample Daily Schedule
- 9:00 AM Check-In
- 9:30 AM Positional Instruction from College Staff
- 10:30 AM Transition and Roanoke specialty drills
- 11:30 AM Lunch
- 1:00 PM Admissions talk
- 1:30 PM Full field games
- 3:00 PM Wrap up and Final Meeting
In Roanoke College, you'll find a beautiful campus in a classic college town, with a vibrant city and beautiful countryside just minutes away. The campus is only 10 minutes from the Roanoke-Blacksburg Regional Airport, with direct flights to more than nine cities in the Midwest and East Coast. It is 3-4 hours by car from Charlotte, N.C., Richmond, Va., and Washington, D.C.
Jayonni enjoyed himself!
June 15, 2018: I loved every single part of camp, and the coaches I had were great!
— Thomas G. Camper
July 19, 2017: My son had a great experience at the Prospect Day and really wants to go back again next Summer. Thanks for everything that you have done - I have never seen him be so excited about working hard.
— Chris F. Parent
July 22, 2016:Thank you for running a very organized prospect day. My son had a fantastic time and learned valuable skills and made some good friends along the way.
— Steven B, Parent
SECURE YOUR SPOT – CAMPS SELL OUT!
Last year over 650 Sports Camps sold out, leaving 7,000+ campers on the waitlist. Due to high demand, early registration for our first-come-first-serve camps is strongly recommended.