Xcelerate Nike Michigan Boys Lacrosse Overnight & Day Camp at Albion College
2024 Dates & Prices Coming Soon!
OUR 7TH YEAR AT ALBION!
Get ready to LEARN FROM THE BEST!
Register for camp today and you’ll be a part of something truly special. It’s a chance to improve all aspects of your lacrosse game in a fun-filled summer camp environment.
Join the 1,000s of lacrosse players that have come before you and see and feel what it’s like to learn from some of the best ‘teaching’ coaches in the game today.
Led by Albion Head Coach Jake DeCola, Xcelerate’s coaching staff will provide a positive and rewarding environment, giving campers the tools to reach their full potential. Confidence-building drills, skill-driven reps, and competitive games await every camper.
The Albion dormitories provide safe, comfortable housing for campers after a long day on the lacrosse fields. When not on the field, campers will enjoy the swimming pool, student center, and all-you-can-eat meals!
It’s time to GET BETTER! It’s time to have SOME FUN!
Register for our Albion College Camp Today!
We Love Giveaways! Be one of the FIRST 10 to register for camp and receive a FREE NIKE LACROSSE HEAD on the first day of camp!
- Free NIKE Lacrosse Head given to the FIRST 10 registered campers!
- The BEST Topnotch Lacrosse Instruction; 10 to 1 Camper to Staff ratio
- Boys ages 10-18: All Positions - All Levels of Play
- Specific Position Training
- Clean & Comfortable Dorm Rooms
- Xcelerate Nike Reversible Jersey & Lanyard
- Special Goalie instruction
- Xcelerate Nike Competition Prizes and Raffle on the last day of camp!
- View More Details ⟩
Camp Director Jacob DeCola
Directing camp this summer at Albion College is Jacob DeCola. Coach DeCola came to Albion College in 2009 to begin the varsity lacrosse program. Under his leadership, the Britons have won Michigan Intercollegiate Athletic Association Tournament championships and achieved berths in the NCAA Division III Championship in 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018 and 2022. The Britons were the MIAA regular season champions under DeCola in 2015, 2016, 2017 and 2021. DeCola currently has an overall record of 125-83.View Jacob DeCola's Bio ⟩
DeCola has mentored 39 all-MIAA first team picks, including the league's defensive most valuable players in 2015-18, 2021 and the offensive MVP in 2015, 2017 and 2022. In 2015, the Britons were among the NCAA Division III leaders in clearing percentage, scoring offense, face-off winning percentage and ground balls. In 2016, Kyle DeCamp was the Division III statistical champion in ground balls per game.
The 2015 squad finished as one of the last 16 teams standing in the NCAA Division III Championship and it came up just a goal short of upsetting third-ranked Ohio Wesleyan in the second round. The Britons hosted an NCAA Championship first round matchup in 2016.
Under DeCola's direction, the Britons have turned in undefeated records in conference play in 2015-17 and 2021.
In addition to building a successful program on the field, the Britons have built a reputation for sportsmanship and academic excellence that has garnered national attention. In 2015, the National Intercollegiate Lacrosse Officials Association awarded Albion with the James "Ace" Adams Sportsmanship Award, honoring the team whose coaches, players and fans exhibit the best sportsmanship in the region (District 6).
In the classroom, Zach Hubbell, Dylan Neal and Joe Silvestri have achieved Scholar All-America status from the United States Intercollegiate Lacrosse Association, and Silvestri was selected as an Academic All-American by the College Sports Information Directors of America.
Before the move to Albion, DeCola served for five years as the top assistant and defensive coordinator at Guilford College, in Greensboro, N.C. A member of the Old Dominion Athletic Conference, his Guilford defense competed yearly against top 20 nationally ranked opponents. In his tenure he mentored a pre-season All-American and numerous All Conference (ODAC) players. Prior to this, he was the head coach at Greensboro Day School, where his team was honored with the 2001 North Carolina Independent Schools Athletic Association’s Tony Cullen Sportsmanship Award.
After completing his master's degree from the University of Utah, DeCola was named head coach of East High School in Salt Lake City. Inheriting a team with a record of 1-11, he transformed the Leopards program, finishing the season 8-5 with the first trip to the state playoffs in school history.
Originally from the Boston area, DeCola graduated from the University of Massachusetts at Dartmouth in 1995 with a B.F.A. in sculpture. While there, he was a four-year starter in the goal, led the Corsairs as a senior captain, and held a nationally ranked save percentage.
DeCola grew up on the north shore of Boston, in Beverly, Mass., and graduated from Beverly High School in 1991.
DeCola and his wife, Angela, are the proud parents of two children, Camille and Gianna.
Coaches Xcelerate Boys Coaching Staff
College Coaches, High School Coaches, and College Lacrosse Players.
At Xcelerate Nike Lacrosse Camps, our goal is to bring out the very best in every player we coach. In doing so, we focus our energies on building confidence and improving skills through innovative drills, small-sided games, position-specific training, and team driven competition. We encourage our campers to play hard, be creative, and have fun! At the end of the week, our campers leave with a higher lacrosse IQ, an enhanced skill set, new role models, new friends, and a true love of the game!
SECURE YOUR SPOT!
You can expect high demand on these first-come-first-serve camper spots, so please be sure to register early.
- Dates: June 24-27
- Age Group: 10-18
- Gender: Boys
- Camp Type: Overnight, Extended Day (commuter)
- Check-In: Overnight Campers: Check-in Monday between 1:00-2:30pm at Seaton Hall. Extended Day Campers: Check-in Monday between 2:00-2:30pm at Seaton Hall.
- Check-out: Check-out between 11:00am-12:00pm at Seaton Hall.
- Extended Day Schedule: MON 2:00PM-8:45PM, TUE-WED 9:00AM-8:45PM, THURS 9:00AM-11:30AM **Times subject to change
- Meals: All meals are provided for Overnight campers. Lunch and dinner are provided for all Extended Day (commuter) campers.
- Program: At Xcelerate Nike Lacrosse Camps top level instruction will once again be offered to our campers from the best coaches and pros in lacrosse. From the beginner to the elite lacrosse player, our camps provide a challenge to every camper. The Skills program will provide campers with the fundamental skills, position-specific training, and in-game tactical knowledge needed to enhance their skills.
1004 E Cass St
Albion MI, 49224
Click Here for Directions
Check-in Monday, June 24th
Overnight Campers: Check-in between 1:00-2:30pm at Seaton Hall. Extended Day Campers: Check-in between 2:00-2:30pm at Seaton Hall. Camp will begin with an orientation at 2:45pm, followed by our first field session and evening meal.
Check-out Thursday, June 27th
Check-out between 11:00am-12:00pm at Seaton Hall.
- Dorm: Seaton Hall
- Number of Campers Per Room: 2 per room
- Roommates: Rooms are assigned by age & roommate requests. Roommate requests must be mutual and received no later than 14 days before the start of camp. If you don't have a roommate request, you will be placed in a room with someone near your age. It will be a great opportunity to meet someone new!
- Bathrooms: Shared
- Linens: Not included. Bring linens or a sleeping bag, a pillow, a pillowcase, and a towel.
- Air Conditioning: There is NO A/C in dorms. Campers need to bring a fan.
The staff reside in the dormitories with the campers and participate in all activities. Drugs, alcohol, and tobacco are strictly prohibited and constitute, along with general misconduct, grounds for dismissal from camp without a refund.
WHAT'S INCLUDED IN THE FEE?
- Instruction: Morning, afternoon, and evening training sessions
- Overnight campers: Dormitory housing on campus and all meals are provided.
- Extended Day campers: Lunch and dinner are provided.
- Supervision: Staff members reside in campers’ quarters and participate in all activities.
- Reversible Jersey & Prizes: Campers at multi-day camps will receive a Xcelerate Nike Lacrosse Camps Reversible Jersey and prizes.
INSTRUCTION, EQUIPMENT & FACILITY
- Ratio: 1:10 staff-to-camper ratio
- Groupings: Campers are grouped by age, ability, and experience.
- Equipment Needed: Please bring your helmet, mouthpiece, cleats, lacrosse stick, gloves, and pads.
- Facility: Athletic Fields
- Medical Protocol: Most camps have an athletic trainer on-site to help with illness or injury. In case of an emergency, campers will be transported to the nearest hospital.
PREPARE FOR CAMP: COMPLETE YOUR PRE-CAMP CHECKLIST
To view your customer account, complete your mandatory forms, pay balance dues, and review important camp information, visit Pre-Camp Checklist. All necessary camp information is on this page. If there are any imperative changes prior to camp start, registered campers will be notified via email and this webpage will be updated!
Below is a suggested list of clothes, equipment, and personal items. US Sports Camps is NOT responsible for lost or stolen articles or money.
Checklist of things to bring:
- Athletic Socks
- Personal Items
- Helmet and Mouthpiece
- Lacrosse Stick, Gloves, Pads
- Goalies Must Have Full Protective Equipment
- Water Bottle
- Extra Towels
- Pillow & Pillowcase
- Off-field clothes
- Spending money (we recommend $50 or so)
- Fan needed - dorms are not air conditioned
- Twin XL Sheets/Blanket or Sleeping Bag
- Signed Health & Release forms and waivers (forms completed online do not need to be printed and turned in at camp)
EXTENDED DAY CAMPERS
Checklist of Things to Bring: We recommend that all Extended Day Campers bring a daily pack with the following items: Along with your lacrosse equipment, we recommend that you bring a day pack with the following items: water bottle, weather-appropriate clothing, cleats, and walking shoes.
Camp Schedule & Meals:
- Monday: Check-in between 2:00pm-2:30pm at Seaton Hall. Camp will begin with an orientation at 2:45pm, followed by our first field session and evening meal. First Day pick up time and place will be provided at check-in.
- Tuesday & Wednesday: Drop off and pick up locations for extended day campers will be provided on the first day of camp. Lunch and dinner provided.
- Thursday: Last day drop off and pick up locations for extended day campers will be provided on the first day of camp. No meals provided.
- Daily Schedule: MON 2:00PM-8:45PM, TUE-WED 9:00AM-8:45PM, THURS 9:00AM-11:30AM. **Times subject to change
Transportation is not provided. Campers are responsible for getting to and from camp on their own. There is no supervision before or after camp hours so please make arrangements to pick up your child on time.
For information regarding our cancellation policy and all other company policies, please visit USSC Policies.
NIKE LACROSSE CAMP FAQ
For general questions about our lacrosse camps please see our FAQ page.Show Less See More Camp Details
CAMP DATES: Monday, June 24th to Thursday, June 27th
Overnight and Extended Day Camp options available.
OVERNIGHT CAMP AMENITIES
• 3 nights lodging • All meals
• Reversible Nike practice jersey
EXTENDED DAY CAMP AMENITIES
• Lunch & Dinner
• Reversible Nike practice jersey
• Camp hours: MON 2:00PM-8:45PM, TUE-WED 9:00AM-8:45PM, THURS 9:00AM-11:30AM **Times subject to change
We have three sessions per day. A great deal of instruction takes place in the early part of the day, demonstrations and instruction mid-day, and games during the evening session. We also like to throw in a number of ‘fun’ activities like our fastest shot contest, freestyle/skills competition, swim time, rec time, and camper vs. coach game. Below is a template and is subject to change.
We have 3 Divisions in our Overnight Camps. Each division will have coaches providing instruction to campers that correlates with that particular grade and level of play.
Grade based on 2024-2025 academic year:
- High School A & B Division - Entering grades 9-12 in the Fall of 2024
- Junior High Division - Entering grades 7-8 in the Fall of 2024
- Rising Stars Division - Entering grades 5-6 in the Fall of 2024
* At times we may have camps that are either smaller or larger in number which may lead us to adjust our divisions accordingly.
Campers have the opportunity to pre-order an Xcelerate Nike t-shirt in the camp registration process through May 1st. You will receive items purchased on the first day at camp check-in.
- Xcelerate Nike T-Shirt - Price: $35
- T-Shirt Sizes Available in Adult Small, Medium, Large and X-Large
**Campers are eligible for ONE Discount ONLY. Both the Individual and Goalie discounts are included in the current registration price. Once the discount dates have passed, the full price will be listed**
Individual Discount: $50 Early Bird discount available until February 28th. The price will increase on March 1st and then again on April 1st. The individual discount cannot be combined with any other discount.
Goalie Discount: $50. Each of our camps has a position-specific coach, however, to ensure each session has enough goalies for drills and scrimmages, all goalies automatically qualify for a special price. The goalie discount cannot be combined with any other discount.
Team Discount: Please reach out directly to the USSC office at 800-645-3226 for available discounts involving 10 or more teammates. The team discount cannot be combined with any other discount.
Note: If qualified, you may choose ONLY ONE discount
Sample Daily Schedule
- 7:30 AM Breakfast (Overnight Campers)
- 8:45 AM Extended Day & Day Campers Arrive
- 9:00 AM Station Work, Drills, Position Work
- 11:30 AM Lunch
- 1:00 PM Demonstrations, Position Work
- 2:00 PM Small Group Scrimmages, Team Play
- 3:15 PM Rest Hour, Camp Store, Swimming
- 4:00 PM Day Campers depart
- 5:00 PM Dinner
- 6:15 PM Team Instruction / Games
- 8:45 PM Extended Day Campers depart
- 9:00 PM Free Time / Camp Store / Pizza
- 10:30 PM Lights Out!
The Albion College campus is 90 miles west of Detroit and 175 miles east of Chicago. It is just a quick bus ride (they have a Greyhound station), train trip (Amtrak stop, too), plane flight (airports in Kalamazoo, Lansing, and Detroit) or car trip (we’re right off Interstate 94) from just about anywhere.
July 1, 2023: My son sounded like he was having the time of his life. The camp staff went out of their way to build relationships with him.
July 1, 2023: The encouragement and knowledge of the coaching staff.
July 1, 2023: Playing scrimmages on full field
July 2, 2023: The actual games being played
July 1, 2023: Hanging out with the coaches!
it was amazing for him
SECURE YOUR SPOT – CAMPS SELL OUT!
Last year over 650 Sports Camps sold out, leaving 7,000+ campers on the waitlist. Due to high demand, early registration for our first-come-first-serve camps is strongly recommended.