Nike Softball Camp Salisbury University
Improve your game and have serious fun
at Nike Softball Camps
Nike Softball Camp at Salisbury University will be one for the books! Experience a collegiate training environment at Sea Gull Stadium to improve your fielding and hitting skills. Join us in Salisbury, Maryland to play the game you love and meet new friends!
Directing the camp this summer is Jess Stoltz. Jess is an assistant coach for Salisbury Softball. This is her 9th year directing camp at SU, and she will be accompanied by an elite staff of softball players from Salisbury’s 2023 team. Salisbury University Softball has been to the NCAA Division III Tournament twenty-three times and to the Division III World Series in 1998, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2009 and 2013, 2014, 2015, and 2022, finishing 2nd in the nation in 2003, 2005 and 2014. SU has produced 199 All-Conference honorees, 123 All-Region selections, and 42 All-Americans.
- Nike Sports Camp T-Shirt, Wristband, Sticker, and Potentially Other Prizes!
- Professional Instruction from Coach Stoltz and Staff
- One-on-One Specialty Sessions with College Softball Players
- Excellent Residential, Dining, and Training Facilities
- Low Camp/Staff Ratio
- Talent Show in Dorm on Last Night of Camp
- Daily Emphasis on Fundamental Development and Team Play
- View More Details ⟩
Camp Director Jessica Stoltz
This summer will be Jess Stoltz's ninth year directing the camp. She has been a part of the Salisbury Nike Camp for the past ten years and has thoroughly enjoyed working with up and coming young softball players throughout her time as Camp Director.View Jessica Stoltz's Bio ⟩
Coach Stoltz played collegiality for four years at Capital University and served two years a Graduate Assistant for the Gulls, helping to lead them to two National Championship Tournaments where they finished 2nd and 3rd.
Coach Stoltz currently serves as Associate Director of Athletics and Campus Recreation at Salisbury University as well as serving as part of the Gulls Coaching Staff.
Instruction will focus primarily on hitting, specific position fielding, base-running, and game situations. In addition, pitchers will have the opportunity to work with pitching instructors. You can expect high demand on these first-come-first-serve camper spots, so please be sure to register early.
Please note: The following information may be subject to change.
2023 CAMP INFORMATION
- Dates: June 26-29, 2023
- Age Group: 9-18
- Camp Types: Overnight, Day Camp (9:00am-4:00pm)
- Meals: Overnight Campers all meals are provided. Lunch will be provided for Day Campers
2023 CAMP TIMES
- Check-in: 1:00pm-2:00pm on Monday for all campers at Nanticoke Hall. (Look for signage on Camden Ave). Campers should be ready to participate with softball gear starting at 2pm on the front lawn of Nanticoke Hall.
- Check-out: Check out is at 3pm at Nanticoke Hall. Campers will begin making their way back to the dorm from the softball fields at 2:45pm. Parents are welcome to watch the final hour of camp at Sea Gull Softball Stadium before check-out begins.
- Day Camper Schedule: Monday 1pm-8:15pm, Tuesday/Wednesday 8am-4pm, Thursday 8am-3pm, (Pick up and drop off is at Nanticoke Hall all four days).
Please note: Camp schedules and details may be subject to change.
- Dorm: Nanticoke Hall
- Campers Per Room: 2
- Roommates: Rooms are assigned by age & roommate requests. Roommate requests must be received no later than 14 days before the start of camp. If you don't have a roommate request, you will be placed in a room with someone near your age. It will be a great opportunity to meet someone new!
- Linens: Please bring linens with you to camp
- Air Conditioning: Yes
- All campers will have access to the “Camp Canteen” in the dorm room during all breaks. Snacks and Gatorades will be available for purchase with cash (can be kept by camper OR left in the “Camp Bank.” Any remaining funds will be redistributed at check-out.)
WHAT'S INCLUDED IN THE FEE?
- Daily Softball Instruction
- Supervision: Campers are supervised by staff during camp hours
- Nike Sports Camp T-Shirt, Wristband, Sticker, and Potentially Other Prizes!
INSTRUCTION & FACILITY
Ratio: 1:10 staff to camper ratio
Groupings: Campers are initially grouped by age and moved around accordingly based on skill level.
Facility: Outdoor Fields. Indoor facilities are available during inclement weather conditions.
PREPARE FOR CAMP: COMPLETE YOUR PRE-CAMP CHECKLIST
To view your customer account, complete your mandatory forms, pay balance dues, and review important camp information, visit Pre-Camp Checklist.
All necessary camp information is on this page. If there are any imperative changes prior to camp start, registered campers will be notified via email and this webpage will be updated!
CHECKLIST OF THINGS TO BRING:
Below is a suggested list of clothes, equipment and personal items. US Sports Camps is NOT responsible for lost or stolen articles or money.
Small gym bag/backpack
Athletic clothing: t-shirt, shorts, softball pants (recommended)
Cleats & sneakers
Catchers gear (if applicable)
Water bottle (must have)
OVERNIGHT CAMPERS ONLY:
Athletic clothing mentioned above
Comfortable off-field clothing: pants, shorts, shirts, sweatshirts
Personal items & medications
Washcloth and bath towel
Pillow, pillowcase, bed sheets, comforter or sleeping bag
Most camps have an athletic trainer on-site to help with illness or injury. In case of an emergency, campers will be transported to the nearest hospital.
Nike Softball Camps does not provide transportation from airports, train stations or bus depots. If you have a child flying to camp, please arrange a shuttle or taxi service.
If you have a group of campers registering for the same camp, each camper is eligible for a discount. Please have someone contact the US Sports Camps office at 1-800-645-3226 with the names of each camper in the group and we will create a unique discount code for your group. Campers may then register individually through the website at their convenience and apply the offer code during checkout. *Discount amount varies by program. Please call for details.
For information regarding our cancellation policy and all other company policies, please visit USSC Policies.
NIKE SOFTBALL CAMP FAQ
For general questions about our softball camps please see our FAQ page.Show Less See More Camp Details
Camps are open to any and all entrants, limited only by number, age, grade level and/or gender.
Sample Daily Schedule
- 8:45am Day Campers arrive, Intro to Skills, concept for the morning
- 9:00am Warm Up - throwing, catching, fielding
- 9:30am Offense or Defense techniques and drills
- 10:30am Modified Softball Games and Situation training
- 12:15pm Lunch
- 1:15pm Introduction of 2nd skill/concept of afternoon
- 1:30pm Warm Up - throwing, catching, fielding
- 2:00pm Offense or Defense Skills training or circuits
- 3:00pm Modified Softball Games and Situation training
- 4:00pm Day Campers Depart/Supervised Free Time
Sea Gull Softball Stadium
Sea Gull Softball Stadium opened in March 2017 with a sellout crowd of 500, including nearly 100 alumni of the program as players, coaches and support staff who were on hand to throw out ceremonial first pitches.
The Sea Gulls won the stadium's first game with late-game heroics with a three-run home run in the sixth inning to push Salisbury to a 5-3 win against Clarkson University.
Sea Gull Softball Stadium features seating for 500, a permanent ticket booth and bathrooms, as well as seating area wireless internet access for fans. The playing surface features a clay infield and artificial turf outfield, along with large, heated dugouts.
Other amenities include a press box, four batting cages and a conveniently located home and visiting bullpen.
SECURE YOUR SPOT – CAMPS SELL OUT!
Last year over 650 Sports Camps sold out, leaving 7,000+ campers on the waitlist. Due to high demand, early registration for our first-come-first-serve camps is strongly recommended.