Nike Tennis Camp at University of Redlands
Improve your game and have serious fun
at Nike Tennis Camps
The University of Redlands Nike Tennis Camp at Coach Jim Verdieck Tennis Center is a great tennis day camp for girls and boys, ages 12-18, of all skill levels. Campers will have the opportunity to hit tons of balls, improve their technique, and be challenged by their peers.
The experienced coaching staff, led by Camp Director and University of Redlands Director of Tennis Coach Pete Yellico, will offer a great mix of technical tennis instruction, drills, fitness, supervised match play, and fun free time to hang out with friends.
- Instruction from Head Tennis Coach, Pete Yellico, and his experienced staff
- Low camper to coach ratio
- Training at a top notch tennis facility
- Campers receive a Nike Tennis Camps t-shirt and prizes
- View More Details ⟩
Camp Director Pete Yellico
Peter Yellico became the University of Redlands Head Men's and Women's Tennis Coach in February 2022. As of November he has also been named the Student-Athlete Advisory Committee (SAAC) Advisor.View Pete's Bio ⟩
The Bulldog men finished ranked No. 26 and the women made it to the Sweet 16 and finished the year as the No. 15 team. The Bulldogs men finished tied for 4th in SCIAC. The men went 9-9 which included wins of the University of Mary Washington, Hardin-Simmons, and UC Santa Cruz. Two Redlands athletes were named to the ITA All-Academic Scholar team: Andrew Yip and Thomas Reznik.
At the Ojai Tournment, Stefen Hester and Jack Mattox reached the doubles finals. Hester would be named to the All-SCIAC Second Team.
During his five-year stint as the Head Men's Tennis Coach at Pacific, Yellico compiled an impressive 95-41 overall record and a 63-12 mark in Northwest Conference (NWC) action. He guided the program to its highest national ranking this past year by finishing 17th in the Intercollegiate Tennis Association (ITA) Division III National Polls. In addition, Yellico coached three players into the national rankings, defeated Whitman College (WA) for the first time in 36 years, and was named the 2021 NWC Coach of the Year. During his head-coaching tenure, fourteen student-athletes earned All-NWC honors and 34 became All-NWC Scholar-Athletes, while his teams collected ITA All-Academic honors every year and gained 30 ITA Scholar-Athletes. Finally, his most recent recruiting class was ranked 24th by TennisRecruiting.net.
Beyond Pacific, Yellico volunteered as a Coach-Tutor with Portland Tennis & Education, an organization that serves more than 60 at-risk children from severely under-resourced families. He also facilitated the grant writing necessary to be awarded the United States Tennis Association's (USTA) Collegiate Court Technology Grant of $10,000 for the Holce Tennis Facility at Pacific. Through this grant, Yellico oversaw the installation of PlaySight technology, which allows family, alumni, and supporters of the men's and women's tennis programs to enjoy live streaming of matches.
Before becoming the head coach, Yellico gained experience as an assistant coach for the Boxers, helping them to three second-place finishes in the NWC Tournament. In 2016, Pacific men's tennis won a school-record 16 dual matches en route to an overall record of 18-4 and an 11-1 mark in the NWC, which led to Yellico being named ITA NCAA Division III West Region Assistant Coach of the Year.
In 2012, Yellico was recruited by 1993 French Open doubles champion Murphy Jensen to work as an elite tennis professional at the Sea Island Resort in Sea Island, Georgia. In that role, Yellico taught juniors and adults with a wide variety of playing experiences and skill levels while coordinating and competing in exhibition matches with Murphy and his doubles partner Luke Jensen. Yellico also worked as the professional hitting partner for WTA player Emily Harman.
From 2009 to 2012, Yellico grew as a tennis professional at the Bremerton (WA) Tennis & Athletic Club. During his tenure, he coached junior teams that reached USTA national competitions and coached five, nationally ranked, junior players.
Prior to his career as a tennis professional, Yellico served five years in the United States Navy as an Aviation Ordnanceman Second Class on the U.S.S. John C. Stennis, a nuclear-powered aircraft carrier. He was awarded the Navy Achievement Medal while serving in Operation Enduring Freedom and Operation Iraqi Freedom, before being honorably discharged in 2009.
Yellico played one season of collegiate tennis at the Savannah College of Art & Design. He graduated from Pacific University with his bachelor's degree in business administration with a minor in finance.
2023 CAMP DATES
- June 12-16
All sessions are open to players of all abilities unless otherwise noted. All participants are evaluated by the staff so that their own instructional needs can be addressed throughout the week.
There will be a 1.5 hour evaluation session after check-in. Campers will then be sorted by ability first, then age. Adjustments will be made as needed during camp.
- All Skills Program: The All Skills program is designed for tennis players of any skill level and background. Campers will learn fundamentals and improve upon their game.
- Check-in: All campers check in at 8:45am on Monday at the tennis courts. Campers should come dressed and ready to play.
- Half Day Check-out: Campers will depart at 12:00pm daily
- Full Day Check-out: Campers will check out at 4:00pm each day
- Half Day Camper Schedule: Monday 8:45am-12:00pm, Tuesday-Friday 9:00am-12:00pm
- Full Day Camper Schedule: Monday 8:45am-4:00pm, Tuesday-Friday 9:00am-4:00pm
Lunch is not provided. Full Day campers must bring their own lunch each day. Half Day campers depart before lunch.
WHAT'S INCLUDED IN THE FEE?
- Instruction: 5-6 hours of daily tennis training, morning and afternoon sessions
- Supervision: Staff members participate in all activities
- Camp T-shirt: All campers receive a Nike Tennis Camps t-shirt
INSTRUCTION, EQUIPMENT & FACILITY
- Ratio: 5:1 camper-to-coach ratio
- Groupings: Campers are grouped by age, ability, and experience. There will be a 1.5-hour evaluation on the first day of camp after check-in. From there, we will separate players based on ability first, followed by age if necessary. Adjustments can be made during camp.
- Equipment Needed: All campers must bring a tennis racquet, tennis shoes, and a water bottle.
- Facility: Coach Jim Verdieck Tennis Center, 12-court tennis facility
- Inclement Weather Plan: Will utilize shaded structures to get out of sun/heat
- Medical Protocol: Most camps have an athletic trainer on-site to help with illness or injury. In case of an emergency, campers will be transported to the nearest hospital.
PREPARE FOR CAMP: COMPLETE YOUR PRE-CAMP CHECKLIST
To view your customer account, complete your mandatory forms, pay balance dues, and review important camp information, visit Pre-Camp Checklist. All necessary camp information is on this page. If there are any imperative changes prior to camp start, registered campers will be notified via email and this webpage will be updated!
CHECKLIST OF THINGS TO BRING
Below is a suggested list of clothes, equipment, and personal items. US Sports Camps is NOT responsible for lost or stolen articles or money.
- Athletic, on-court tennis clothing
- Tennis Racquet(s)
- Tennis shoes (no running shoes)
- Sweatshirt/warm-up jacket and pants
- Water bottle*
- Signed Health & Release forms and waivers (forms completed online do not need to be printed and turned in at camp)
For information regarding our cancellation policy and all other company policies, please visit USSC Policies.
NIKE TENNIS CAMP FAQ
For general questions about our tennis camps please see our FAQ page.
Maximize your camp experience with SwingVision, an iPhone app that provides the following benefits when you record your play: watch a full match in 20 minutes with the dead-time automatically removed, view stats like shot placement, court positioning, shot speed, and consistency for each shot type, filter to particular shot or point types and easily create highlight videos of certain points or shots, access video analysis, and stats immediately after you finish recording, all on unlimited cloud storage.
Camp Code: TNXDUR
My son is not a basketball star, but he loved the camp.
SECURE YOUR SPOT – CAMPS SELL OUT!
Last year over 650 Sports Camps sold out, leaving 7,000+ campers on the waitlist. Due to high demand, early registration for our first-come-first-serve camps is strongly recommended.