Nike Volleyball Camp at Gettysburg College
Improve your game and have serious fun
at Nike Volleyball Camps
Come elevate your game this summer at our volleyball camp at Gettysburg College! The 2019 co-ed volleyball camp in Pennsylvania offers girls and boys the opportunity to improve their technique and have lots of fun.
Under the direction of Gettysburg College Head Volleyball Coach, Leah Bernier, and her staff, campers will receive specialized instruction designed to take them to the next level. Through a positive and hard working approach, volleyball players will leave camp as a more skilled individual, and a more valuable team member.
- Excellent residential, dining, and training facilities
- 6-7 hours daily instruction, with 1:10 staff to camper ratio
- Instruction from collegiate coaching staff and players
- All campers receive a Nike Volleyball Camps T-shirt and prizes!
- View More Details ⟩
Head Coach Leah Bernier
Leah Bernier begins her ninth season as the head coach of the Gettysburg College volleyball program in 2018. Bernier served as the interim head coach in 2010 following two years as an assistant on the Bullets’ staff.View Leah's Bio ⟩
As the head coach, Bernier has guided the Bullets to a 136-96 overall mark, including a 46-34 record in the Centennial Conference. The Bullets have competed in the conference playoffs four times under her direction. Bernier’s best season at the helm came in 2011 when she guided the team to a 19-11 overall record and a second-place showing at the conference tournament. Last fall, the team went 20-8, marking its first 20-win season in 11 years.
As head coach, Bernier has mentored 18 All-CC performers.
In 10 total years on the volleyball staff, Bernier has helped Gettysburg post a 170-116 record and qualify for the conference playoffs six times. The Bullets finished conference runner-up in both 2008 and 2009 with Bernier serving as an assistant coach.
Bernier, who is a certified personal trainer, also serves as Wellness Program Coordinator and Director of Student Fitness at Gettysburg College. In these positions, she oversees various activities to help maintain the health and well-being of the campus community.
Bernier has a wealth of experience coaching volleyball over the last 16 years. She has guided multiple club teams ranging from ages 12-18 and she served four years as a graduate assistant at both The Community College of Baltimore County Catonsville and the University of Maine.
Formerly Leah Voss, Bernier played both volleyball and soccer at nearby Gettysburg High School. On the court, she was named the conference player of the year, a first-team all-conference pick, and her team’s MVP as a middle hitter. On the soccer field, Bernier was also an all-conference selection as a defender.
After spending two years at Baltimore Community College-Catonsville where she was a two-time first-team all-conference selection and the team’s MVP, Bernier transferred to NCAA Division I University of Maine. In just two years as a Black Bear, she set new standards on the volleyball court, breaking the school’s all-time records for kills and digs en route to America East Conference Player of the Year honors in 2001. Bernier was a two-time first-team All-AEC honoree, two-time team MVP, and closed her career as a member of the American Volleyball Coaches Association (AVCA) All-Northeast Region First Team.
Bernier graduated from Maine with a degree in communications in 2002 and is currently at work on a master’s from her alma mater in exercise science. She resides in Gettysburg with her husband, Mark, and their three sons, Max, Jake, and Cam.
This year we are offering an Overnight Camp for girls, ages 10-18, and Extended Day Camp (9:00am-8:30pm) for girls and boys, ages 10-18, of all ability levels. See "More Camp Details" for further information.
2019 CAMP DATES
- July 21-24
This camp is open to girls and boys, ages 10-18, of all abilities. Upon arrival, all participants are evaluated by the staff and placed into groups based on age and ability level. Campers will master the fundamentals and develop proper mechanics through a mix of drills, games and competitive play.
Please note: The following information may be subject to change.
2019 SESSION SCHEDULE
CAMP DATES: JULY 21-24
- Overnight Camper: 1:00pm-2:00pm on Sunday at Paul Hall
- Extended Day Camper: 1:30pm-2:00pm on Sunday at Paul Hall
- Overnight Camper: 4:00pm at the dorms
- Extended Camper: 3:30pm at Jaeger Fitness Center
Extended Day Camper Schedule: Sunday 2:00pm-8:30pm, Monday & Tuesday 8:45am-8:30pm, Wednesday 8:45am-3:30pm
Lunch will not be provided on the first day of camp. Please eat beforehand.
What's included in the fee?
- Daily volleyball instruction
- Overnight campers: Dormitory housing on campus and all meals are provided.
- Extended Day campers: Lunch and dinner are provided.
- Supervision: Staff members reside in campers’ quarters and participate in all activities.
- Camp T-shirt & Prizes: All campers receive a Nike Volleyball Camps t-shirt and prizes.
- Volleyballs: Volleyballs are provided for each camper to use during instruction at camp, so campers do not need to bring their own. Campers do have the option of purchasing a Molten Volleyball for $17 at the time of registration. Balls will be given out on the last day of camp.
INSTRUCTION, EQUIPMENT & FACILITY
- Ratio: 1:10 staff to camper ratio
- Players Grouped by: ability, age, years of experience
- Equipment Needed: Players should supply their own kneepads and have at least one pair of well broken-in volleyball (court) shoes. Campers do not need to bring their own balls.
- Facility: Indoor Courts
- Medical Protocol: Most camps have an athletic trainer on-site to help with illness or injury. In case of an emergency, campers will be transported to the nearest hospital.
The information below is based on previous years and is subject to change each year. Final housing information for this camp will be provided in the Camper Registration Packets, emailed to all campers closer to the camp’s start date.
- Campers Per Room: 2
- Roommates: Rooms are assigned by age & roommate requests. Roommate requests must be received no later than 14 days before the start of camp. If you don't have a roommate request, you will be placed in a room with someone near your age. It will be a great opportunity to meet someone new!
- Bathrooms: On each floor
- Linens: Not included. Bring linens or sleeping bag, pillow, pillowcase, and a towel.
- Air Conditioning: No A/C in dorms. Please bring a fan.
Nike Volleyball Camps does not provide transportation from airports, train stations or bus depots. If you have a child flying to camp, please arrange a shuttle or taxi service.
If you have a group of eight or more campers registering for the same camp, each camper is eligible for a discount. Please have someone contact the US Sports Camps office at 1-800-645-3226 with the names of each camper in the group and we will create a unique discount code for your group. Campers may then register individually through the website at their convenience and apply the offer code during check out. *Discount amount varies by program. Please call for details.
A detailed camper registration packet containing check in location, health/release forms, emergency contact info, and a list of things to bring will be emailed to all registered campers in the Spring. Our health and release forms may require a doctor's signature (please reference your camp packet). All required forms will be collected on the first day of camp.
Camps are open to any and all entrants, limited only by number, age, grade level and/or gender.
Sample Daily Schedule
- 7:00am Wake up/Breakfast
- 8:45am Extended day campers arrive
- 9:00am Training session I
- 11:1am Lunch
- 1:00pm Training session II
- 4:00pm Position specific drills
- 4:45pm Dinner
- 6:30pm Training session III
- 8:30pm Extended campers leave/Free time
- 10:00pm All campers in dorms
- 11:00pm Lights out
The facilities at Gettysburg College include 6 indoor courts, an athletics training room, pools, and a student lounge.