Nike Volleyball Camp at Southeastern University
Improve your game and have serious fun
at Nike Volleyball Camps
The Southeastern University Volleyball Camp program provides volleyball players the opportunity to get better this summer with other athletes who share their passion for the game!
This summer volleyball camp in Lakeland, Florida led by Head Coach Audrey Goldsberry, offers top notch training and excellent facilities for athletes looking to train, compete, and improve.
Be one of the first 20 campers who register using Offer Code “NIKEVB20” at checkout to receive a FREE USSC Molten Volleyball at camp!
- Excellent residential, dining and training facilities
- 6-7 hours daily volleyball training, with 1:10 staff to camper ratio
- Training for all skill levels
- All campers receive a Nike Volleyball Camps T-shirt and prizes!
- View More Details ⟩
Camp Director Audrey Goldsberry
Audrey Goldsberry begins her fifth season as head coach of the Fire after serving as an assistant during the 2013 season.View Audrey's Bio ⟩
As the interim head coach during the 2014 season, the Fire finished 17-13, hosting a first round Sun Conference Tournament game as the #3 seed.
The 2015 season was historic as the Fire entered The Sun Conference Tournament as the #3 seed, upsetting #2 seed St. Thomas in the semifinal, then shocked top-seeded Warner in four sets, which was undefeated in conference play, earning the program's first conference title.
Born and raised in Tampa, Florida, Gilbert attended Southeastern University from 2002–2007. She was a member of the Fire volleyball team from 2002–2005 and was named an NCCAA All-Region Player in 2003 and team captain in 2004. She was also a member of the 2004 NCCAA Final Four team.
She graduated with a BS in middle grades mathematics in 2007 and has been teaching math at the middle grades level for the last seven years. Her coaching experience includes middle school, high school, club, and collegiate.
This year we are offering an Overnight and Extended Day (9:00am-9:00pm) camp for girls, ages 13-18, of intermediate and advanced skill levels. See "More Camp Details" for further information.
2018 CAMP DATES
- August 2-5 (Intermediate/Advanced)
CAMP PROGRAM OFFERINGS
This camp is open to players of all abilities, unless otherwise noted. Upon arrival, all participants are evaluated by the staff and placed into groups based on age and ability level.
This program is designed for intermediate and advanced players, ages 13-18. Campers receive instruction on all volleyball skills - Attacking, Setting, Passing, Defense, Serving, and Blocking in a variety of individual, small group and team settings.
Please note: The following information may be subject to change.
2018 SESSION SCHEDULE & INFORMATION
Intermediate/Advanced CAMP: August 2-5
- Check-in: 11:00am-12:00pm on Thursday
- Dinner is the first meal provided, but campers will have time to go get lunch with parents or staff members after check in and the camp program starts at 2pm
- Check-out: 1:00pm on Sunday
- Extended Day Camper Schedule: Thursday: 11:00am-9:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 9:00am-9:00pm, Sunday: 9:00am-5:00pm
What's included in the fee?
- Daily volleyball instruction
- Overnight campers: Dormitory housing on campus and all meals are provided.
- Extended Day campers: Lunch and dinner are provided.
- Supervision: Staff members reside in campers’ quarters and participate in all activities.
- Camp T-shirt & Prizes: All campers receive Nike Volleyball Camps t-shirt and prizes.
- Volleyballs: Volleyballs are provided for each camper to use during instruction at camp, so campers do not need to bring their own. Campers do have the option of purchasing a Molten Volleyball for $17 at the time of registration. Balls will be given out on the last day of camp.
INSTRUCTION, EQUIPMENT & FACILITY
- Ratio: 1:10 staff to camper ratio
- Players Grouped by: ability, age, years of experience
- Equipment Needed: Players should supply their own kneepads and have at least one pair of well broken-in volleyball (court) shoes. Campers do not need to bring their own balls.
- Facility: Indoor courts
- Medical Protocol: Most camps have an athletic trainer on-site to help with illness or injury. In case of an emergency, campers will be transported to the nearest hospital.
The information below is based on previous years and is subject to change each year. Final housing information for this camp will be provided in the Camper Registration Packets, emailed to all campers closer to the camp’s start date.
- Campers Per Room: 2 per room
- Roommates: Rooms are assigned by age & roommate requests. Roommate requests must be received no later than 14 days before the start of camp. If you don't have a roommate request, you will be placed in a room with someone near your age. It will be a great opportunity to meet someone new!
- Bathrooms: Attached to room
- Linens: Not provided. Bring linens or sleeping bag, pillow, pillowcase and a towel
- Air Conditioning: Please refer to the Camper Registration Packet. A/C availability depends on our specific dorm assignment.
Nike Volleyball Camps does not provide transportation from airports, train stations or bus depots. If you have a child flying to camp, please arrange a shuttle or taxi service. The closest airport to campus is Orlando International Airport.
If you have a group of eight or more campers registering for the same camp, each camper is eligible for a discount. Please have someone contact the US Sports Camps office at 1-800-645-3226 with the names of each camper in the group and we will create a unique discount code for your group. Campers may then register individually through the website at their convenience and apply the offer code during check out. *Discount amount varies by program. Please call for details.
A detailed camper registration packet containing check in location, health/release forms, emergency contact info, and a list of things to bring will be emailed to all registered campers in the Spring. Our health and release forms may require a doctor's signature (please reference your camp packet). All required forms will be collected on the first day of camp.
Camps are open to any and all entrants, limited only by number, age, grade level and/or gender.
Sample Daily Schedule
- 7:00am Wake-up, shower, breakfast
- 9:00am Extended Day campers arrive. Stretching & Warm-up
- 9:15am Training Session I
- 12:00pm Lunch, rest
- 1:30pm Training Session II
- 4:00pm Free time, rest
- 5:30pm Dinner
- 6:30pm Training Session III
- 9:00pm Extended Day Camper depart, Overnight Campers to rooms, free time
- 10:00pm Lights out
Southeastern University is a private institution that was founded in 1935. The 88 acre campus is in Lakeland Florida centrally located between Orlando and Tampa.
Camp Dates & Prices
This program has concluded for the season.
Please Join our email list to be notified when this program is available for registration.