Nike Girls Lacrosse Camp at Worcester State University Worcester, Massachusetts
Located only one hour west of Boston, picturesque Worcester State University spans 58 acres in the residential west side of Worcester, Massachusetts.
At the Nike Girls Lacrosse Camp at Worcester State University, our goal is to stimulate a love for the game by immersing you in the sport and giving you the kind of focused, intensive training essential to improvement. Over the course of camp, your enthusiasm and self-confidence will grow along with your skills.
- Complete Skills Camp for Girls Ages 10-18
- Superior instruction from College Coaches
- 8:1 camper to instructor on field ratio
- Daily emphasis on fundamentals, position training, drills and scrimmages
- Team discounts available
- Special goalie instruction and discounts available
- Reversible mesh Nike practice jersey
- Nike and STX Prizes for outstanding play, sportsmanship and improvement
Campers train each day at the John Coughlin Memorial Field a 2,500 seat artificial surface stadium located on the Worcester State campus.
Worcester State University is also hosting a Nike Field Hockey Camp click here for more details.Meet your coaching staff
Coach Chenevert has been the Head Field Hockey Coach Shrewsbury High School since 1999. In 2007 she led her team to the State Finalists and claimed the title of 2007 Central Mass Champs. In 2004 they were named District Finalists. Coach Chenevert was named Central Mass Coach of the year in 2007 and 2004.Read Full Bio
- 4 CMASS Players of the Year
- 9 Mid-Wach A League MVPs
- Founder Worcester County United Field Hockey Academy, 2006
- Former Futures Elite Assistant Coach
- Cape Cod Classic and Super Sophs Massachusetts State Coach – 1999-present
- 4 Championships CCC
- 3 Championships SS
- Graduate of Springfield College: minor in coaching , a member of the field hockey team
- Camp Coach: UConn, Springfield College, Holy Cross, WPI
- Coached players attending UConn, Boston College, UAlbany, Providence College, Stonehill College, Assumption College, Babson College, Bowdoin College etc.
- Several players have gone on to become Collegiate All-Americans and have won NCAA titles
- Married 8 years, with three children, Masters in Education
Campers stay in suites of 4, 6 or 8 per room. Each suite has 2 full bathrooms, a refrigerator and is air conditioned. If you have a roommate request, and have not already given it to us, please do so as soon as possible. Roommate requests are not guaranteed, if you don't have a roommate request, you will be placed in a room with someone near your age. It will be a great opportunity to meet someone new!
Linens: Not provided
Air Conditioning: Yes
Suggested spending money: $40
Medical facility: a certified trainer will be on staff at all times.
Campers are supervised 24 hours a day. The staff live in the dormitories with the campers and participate in evening activities. Drugs, alcohol and tobacco are strictly prohibited, and constitute, along with general misconduct, grounds for dismissal from camp without a refund.
Extended Day Camp
Daily Schedule: THURS 2PM-9PM, FRI-SAT 9AM-9PM, SUN 9AM-11:30AM
Sample Daily Schedule
- 7:30 am Breakfast (Overnighters)
- 9:00 am Stretching and Conditioning
- 9:30 am Line Drills and Stations
- 10:30 am Position Work
- Noon Lunch and rest
- 1:30 pm 1v1, 2v2, and fastbreaks
- 3:00 pm Drill stations and scrimmaging
- 5:00 pm Dinner and supervised free time
- 6:30 pm Back to field for games
- 9:00 pm Extended Day Campers depart
- 10:00 pm Overnight Campers to rooms; Lights out!