Nike Tennis Camp at Sun Valley Resort Sun Valley, Idaho
The Nike Tennis Day Camp in Sun Valley celebrates its 22nd year! Our summer camps combine technical tennis instruction and drilling from a top notch coaching staff and supervised match play. Join Camp Director Mark Frisby and his outstanding staff for a week or two of tennis improvement and a lot of fun.
Sun Valley Resort offers exceptional athletic facilities combined with breathtaking views. The resort is located just minutes from downtown Sun Valley. Campers will have the opportunity to hit thousands of balls, improve their technique, and be challenged by some of the best players in their peer group.
This year the The Sun Valley Tennis Camp will be continuing the Quick Start sessions designed for players aged 5-7. (See details tab for more information.)
- Daily instruction from coach Mark Frisby and his experienced staff
- Every camper receives a Nike Tennis Camp T-shirt
- 5-6 hours of daily instruction with low camper to staff ratio and constant supervision
- Gain self-confidence through tennis success
The world famous Sun Valley Resort is two hours north of Boise. The resort offers exceptional athletic facilities, including 12 outdoor courts, combined with breathtaking views of the mountains.Meet your coaching staff
Camp Director Mark Frisby, men’s and women’s coach at Seattle University, enters his 20th year as the director. Frisby, a successful head coach at three different high schools, is now the men’s and women’s tennis coach at Seattle University.Read Full Bio
Mark Frisby enters his fifth season as head men's and women's tennis coach at Seattle University after a successful head coaching career at three different high schools.
He has built Seattle U tennis into a competitve program over the past four years, with the women's tennis team finishing third in the Great West Conference in 2011 and second in the league in 2012. Also in 2012, Katrina Schwab was named Great West Conference Player of the Year.
Frisby had been the coed coach at Seattle Prep for 14 years spanning two different time periods, from 1991 to 2000 and from 2004 to 2007. He compiled a dual match record of 270-4 at Seattle Prep, helping the school win 12 metro championships, 12 state championships, and five district titles.
During the fall season, Frisby had been the head coach for the Issaquah High School boys and girls tennis teams from 2000 to 2007, compiling a 125-40 record. From 1967 to 1972, he coached the boys and girls tennis teams at Mercer Island High School, losing only one of 59 matches while earning five league championships. Combined, his coaching record at the high school level is 453-45.
Frisby is very familiar with Seattle University, having earned his bachelor’s degree in 1967 and his master’s degree in education from the school in 1971. He was the number one singles player on the Seattle U squad in 1961 and 1965 and coached the team from 1969 to 1971 and 1972 to 1973, compiling a 70-22 record.
Since 1984, Frisby has been the owner and president as well as a tennis instructor at the Sammamish Club in Issaquah. He has been the director of the Nike Tennis Camps in Sun Valley, Idaho, since 1980 and also the tennis director of Sun Valley Tennis since 2000.
2014 Camp Information
(Camp Code: TNXDSV)
At Sun Valley we are offering five weeks of Full Day (8:30am-3:00pm), Am Half Day (8:30am-11:30am) or PM Half Day (12:00pm-3:00pm) camp for boys and girls of all skills levels ages 5-18. Lunch is included for Full Day Campers.
In addition to the general sessions, this year the The Sun Valley Camp will be continuing the Quick Start sessions designed for players aged 5-10. Fun and Fundamental sessions are a positive introduction to tennis fundamentals and low key match play situations for younger campers. Many of these programs will use short court teaching. This program runs from 8:30am-11:30am or 12:00pm-3:00pm during all camp sessions.
Upon arrival, all participants are evaluated by the staff so that their own instructional needs can be addressed throughout the week.
• All Campers: 8:30am Monday at the Tennis Courts.
• Check-out: Am Half Day campers depart at 11:30am on Friday. PM Half Day and Full Day campers depart at 3:00pm on Friday.
Daily Program Schedule & Information
• Day Campers: 8:30am-3:00pm (Monday through Friday).
• AM Half Day Campers: 8:30am-11:30am (Monday through Friday).
• PM Half Day Campers: 12:00pm-3:00pm (Monday through Friday).
• Friday camp ends at 2:30pm, followed by a short graduation ceremony at the tennis courts. (Parents are invited to come.)
• Lunch is provided for all Full Day campers.
• A more complete schedule will be given to you upon check-in.
Campers play on the resort's 12 courts.
A detailed camper registration packet containing check in location, health/release forms, emergency contact info, and a list of things to bring will be emailed to all registered campers in the Spring. Our health and release forms do not require a doctor's signature and they will be collected on the first day of camp.
Sample Daily Schedule
- 8:30am Stretching, Camp Meeting at Courts
- 8:45am Tennis Instruction and Drills
- 11:30am AM Half Day Campers Depart Lunch, Rest, Optional Tennis
- 12:00pm PM Half Day Campers arrive. Tennis Program, Match Play
- 2:00pm Break
- 2:15pm Tennis Program, Doubles and Drills
- 3:00pm Conclusion of Daily Tennis Program