Nike Field Hockey Camp Worcester Academy
Improve your game and have serious fun
at Nike Field Hockey Camps
The 2019 field hockey camp in Worcester is at Worcester Academy and designed specifically for players that are getting ready for their fall field hockey season. Start your year off with a leg up on the competition and have some serious fun.
This kids summer camp benefits field hockey players at any stage of their game by assessing skill level and catering instruction to specific needs.
- Partner Camp of USA Field Hockey; sanctioned to make referrals to USAFH Futures program
- 10:1 Camper to Staff ratio
- Open to players of all skill levels
- All campers receive a STX package (reversible jersey, ball, water bottle, lanyard) and other fun prizes.
- View More Details ⟩
Camp Director Lauren Chenevert
Coach Lauren Chenevert has been the head field hockey coach Shrewsbury High School since 1999. She was Central Massachusetts Coach of the year in 2005 & 2007.View Lauren Chenevert's Bio ⟩
Some of her accomplishments include:
- 2012 and 2007 State Finalists
- 2009 State Semi-Finalists
- 2012, 2009 & 2007 CMass District Champs
- 2004 CMASS District Finalists
- 2005 and 2007 Central Mass Coach of the Year
- Four CMASS Players of the Year
- 10 Mid-Wach A League MVPs.
- Founder Worcester County United Field Hockey Academy, 2006
- Former Futures Elite assistant coach
- Cape Cod Classic and Super Sophs Massachusetts State coach – 1999-present
- Four championships CCC
- Three championships SS
- Graduate of Springfield College: minor in coaching, a member of the field hockey team
- Camp Coach: UConn, Springfield College, Holy Cross, WPI
- Coached players attending UConn, Boston College, UAlbany, Providence College, Stonehill College, Assumption College, Babson College, Bowdoin College etc.
- Several players have gone on to become collegiate All-Americans and have won NCAA titles
- Married eight years, with three children, Masters in Education
This year we are offering an Evening Camp that runs Monday-Wednesday from 6:00-9:00pm each day. Camp is geared towards girls, ages 10-18, of all ability levels. See "More Camp Details" for further information.
2019 CAMP DATES
- August 19-21
This camp is open to girls, ages 10-18, of all abilities. Upon arrival, all participants are evaluated by the staff and placed into groups based on age and ability level. Campers will master the fundamentals and develop proper mechanics through a mix of drills, games and competitive play.
Please note: The following information may be subject to change.
2019 SCHEDULE AND INFORMATION
CAMP DATES: August 19-21
- Daily Hours: Monday-Wednesday, 6:00-9:00pm
- Check-in: 5:45pm on Monday
- Check-out: 9:00pm on Wednesday
- Dinner: Dinner is not provided. Please eat at least one hour before arriving each day.
What's included in the fee?
- Daily field hockey instruction
- Campers are supervised by staff during camp hours.
- Camp Gear: All campers receive a STX package (reversible jersey, ball, water bottle, lanyard) and other fun prizes.
INSTRUCTION, EQUIPMENT & FACILITY
- Ratio: 1:10 staff to camper ratio
- Players Grouped by: ability, age, years of experience
- Equipment Needed: Hockey stick, water bottle, mouth guard, shin guards, turf shoes (goalies must bring full goalie protective equipment)
- Inclement Weather Plan: TBA for 2018
- Medical Protocol: Most camps have an athletic trainer on-site to help with illness or injury. In case of an emergency, campers will be transported to the nearest hospital.
Transportation is not provided. Campers are responsible for getting to and from camp on their own. There is no supervision before or after camp hours so please make arrangements to pick up your child on time.
If you have a group of eight or more campers registering for the same camp, each camper is eligible for a discount. Please have someone contact the US Sports Camps office at 1-800-645-3226 with the names of each camper in the group and we will create a unique discount code for your group. Campers may then register individually through the website at their convenience and apply the offer code during check out. *Discount amount varies by program. Please call for details.
A detailed camper registration packet containing check in location, health/release forms, emergency contact info, and a list of things to bring will be emailed to all registered campers in the Spring. Our health and release forms may require a doctor's signature (please reference your camp packet). All required forms will be collected on the first day of camp.
Camps are open to any and all entrants, limited only by number, age, grade level and/or gender.
*This camp must comply with regulations of the Massachusetts Department of Public Health and be licensed by LBOH. Parents/guardians can request copies of background check procedures, health care and discipline policies and grievance procedures
Sample Daily Schedule
- 6:00pm Campers arrive, warm up
- 6:15pm Skills and small game tactics
- 7:30pm Drills, games, and scrimmaging
- 8:45pm Cool down and stretch
- 9:00pm Campers depart
Camp takes place on the Morse Field at Worcester Academy in Worcester, MA. The multipurpose field was renovated in 2012 with turf fit for field hockey.
Camp ReviewsSubmit a review
Well done and excellent staff
August 26, 2018: My Daughter is a goalie and it is tough to find coaches with goalie experience. However - this camp was able to bring in a goalie coach for a portion of the camp which is very valuable.
— Paul D. Parent
August 23, 2018: It was a very good experience for Lessly and I.
— Elizabeth Luna
Had lots of fun!
August 25, 2017: I loved learning new ways to defend, get the ball around someone, and overall just to improve my skills! Loved the experience and knowledge of the coaching staff. They could answer any question and demonstrate new moves. Had lots of fun!
— Caitlin B. Camper
Helpful for preseason!
August 24, 2017: This Camp was super helpful for preparing for preseason and tryouts.
— Katey R. Camper