Nike Advanced Junior Golf Camps, Woodloch Resort
Improve your game and have serious fun at
Nike Junior Golf Camps
Our advanced golf camp at Woodloch Resort offers a competitive experience for junior golfers between the ages of 12 and 18. Located in the beautiful Poconos, our mission is to ensure elite golf instruction in a high-level environment.
During the week, participants have the opportunity to play golf and enjoy beautiful accommodations at Woodloch Resort. Daily range instruction takes place in the mornings at the club's 16-acre practice facility with private lesson tee and short game area. Following lunch, players head out for course play in the afternoons under the direction of our PGA professionals at Woodloch Golf Academy. In the evenings, campers have access to the resort's many on-site amenities including indoor and outdoor pools, arcade, mini golf and bumper cars.
- Instruction from nationally recognized PGA professionals with low student/teacher ratio of approximately 4:1
- Supervised daily course play at the golf course with focus on improving all aspects of competitive play
- Discussion on tournament preparation, practice routines, college golf and golf fitness/nutrition
- Video analysis using Flightscope, Hudl Technique App, ForeSight Sports GC2 launch monitor and club-fitting, Fluid Motion Factor Mental Training
- Edufii video analysis for each student
- Beautiful accommodations at Woodloch Resort - voted America's #1 Family Resort
- Camper amenity package including a Nike hat, drawstring bag, one dozen SRIXON golf balls, camp workbook and graduation certificate
- View More Details ⟩
Coach John Pillar
John Pillar is the PGA director of golf at The Country Club at Woodloch Springs serving in the position since it’s opening in 1992. John is president of the Philadelphia Section PGA and...View John Pillar's Bio ⟩
John Pillar is the PGA director of golf at The Country Club at Woodloch Springs serving in the position since it’s opening in 1992. John is president of the Philadelphia Section PGA and president of the Pocono Professional Golf Series. Other accolades include:
- 2014 Pennsylvania Open Champion
- 2014 Merchandiser of Year, Philadelphia Section PGA
- 2013 NIKE SWOOSH ELITE Staff Professional of the Year
- 2011- 2012 Vice President, Philadelphia Section PGA
- 2010-2011 Secretary, Philadelphia Section PGA
- 2009 Philadelphia PGA Section Champion
- 2009-Present US Kids National “Master Professional” by US Kids Golf
- 2007 Golf Professional of the Year, PGA of America – Philadelphia Section
- 2007-2010 Tournament Director, Philadelphia Section PGA
- 2003,2005,2006,2007,2014 Merchandiser of Year, Resort Facility
- (Philadelphia Section, PGA)
- 2004-2008 US Kids National “Top 50 Kids Instructor” by US Kids golf
- 2004 Player of the Year, Most Improved (Philadelphia Section, PGA)
- 2002, 2003, 2008, 2010 & 2012, 2014 National CPC Contestant
- 1997 US Open Contestant, Congressional CC, Betheda, Md
Coach Kyle Tasselmyer
Kyle Tasselmyer is an assistant golf professional at The Country Club at Woodloch Springs.View Kyle Tasselmyer's Bio ⟩
Kyle Tasselmyer is an assistant golf professional at The Country Club at Woodloch Springs. Upon graduating Honesdale High School in 2008, Kyle made the effort to pursue golf as his career.
- Methodist University in Fayetteville North Carolina -Professional Golf Management Program
- graduated in August of 2013 at Penn State University, Professional Golf Management
- October of 2013, elected into the PGA and started as an Assistant Golf Professional at The Seawane Club in Hewlett Harbor, NY
- Most recently worked at Lehigh Country Club during the 2016 season
Coach John Roche
John has had a passion for growing the game of golf, giving kids an opportunity to become successful and helping others enjoy their life to the fullest. He serves as assistant golf professional at The Country Club at Woodloch Springs.View John Roche's Bio ⟩
John has had a passion for growing the game of golf, giving kids an opportunity to become successful and helping others enjoy their life to the fullest. He serves as assistant golf professional at The Country Club at Woodloch Springs.
- 2010 Golf Academy of America Orlando campus Graduate with “Players Credentials”.
- Played 2 seasons for the Lackawanna College Falcons in 2010 and 2011 1
- I of twenty NJCAA division 2 players to earn a spot on the 2011 “Ping Coaches All Star Team”
- Level 1 PGA Apprentice
- Spent 3 Years at Elmhurst Country Club as Assistant Golf Professional
- Spent 1 season at Grayhawk Golf Club
- Certified in Instruction, Club fitting and Club making from the Golf Academy of America
Nike Advanced Golf Camps are golf-intensive and create the ideal environment for the advanced player ready to take their game to the next level. The seminars provide the aspiring junior golfer the opportunity to receive information about tournament preparation and college golf recruitment and success. Campers will hear first hand accounts of how members of our staff established themselves throughout various stages of their development. The importance of goal setting, time management, and hard work will be stressed as these are key elements to attaining success in golf and life. Upon arrival, all participants are evaluated by the staff so that their own instructional needs can be addressed throughout the week.Show Less See More Camp Details
CHECK-IN AND CHECK-OUT
Please refer to the registration packet (emailed in spring) for check-in and check-out details.
The Overnight fee includes all golf instruction, green fees, evening activities, housing and all meals. The Extended Day fee includes all of the above except housing and breakfast. Extended Day campers may participate in the evening activities which will include swimming, recreational sports, movies, and more.
The staff lives in rooms adjacent to the campers and participates in evening activities. Drugs, alcohol and tobacco are strictly prohibited, and constitute, along with general misconduct, grounds for dismissal from camp without a refund.
Nike Junior Golf Camps does not provide transportation to and from airports, train stations, or bus depots. Suggested shuttle options will be provided in the registration packet which is sent out in the spring.
A detailed camper registration packet containing check in location, health/release forms, emergency contact info, and a list of things to bring will be emailed to all registered campers in the Spring.
Sample Daily Schedule
- 7:30am Wake up, breakfast
- 8:30am Campers head to golf course for daily overview/staff demonstrations
- 9:00am Instructional stations - campers rotate working on putting, short game, full swing
- 12:00pm Lunch, relaxation
- 1:00pm Course play - emphasis on shot selection, strategy, course management
- 5:00pm Back to rooms, shower and rest
- 6:30pm Dinner
- 7:30pm Evening activity - arcade, mini golf, seminars, discussions (mental toughness, college golf, tournament prep)
- 10:00pm In rooms, lights out
TripAdvisor.com’s #1 Family Resort in America. This exceptional four-season Poconos family resort nestled in a pristine mountain lake vacation setting is regarded as one of America’s “Best Inclusive Family Resorts”. Woodloch has been owned and operated with pride by the Kiesendahl family since 1958. Their traditional warm hospitality has been nurturing and embracing the spirit of spending quality time with friends and family for nearly sixty years.
Country Club at Woodloch Springs
The Country Club at Woodloch Springs has been recognized nationally by GOLF Magazine as “One of the Finest Courses in America". Golf Digest has named us as one of their “Best Places to Play” with a “4.5 Star” rating.
Camp ReviewsSubmit a review
Overall Awesome Experience
"Matthew enjoyed the level of instruction as well as the added activities. He was very happy with the staff/instructors."
— Eric B. Parent
Camp Was Great!
"Playing 9 holes each day and learning skills to improve my game was my favorite. Also,the accommodations and food were first class!"
— Jack B. Camper
Super helpful camp!
"Nicklaus learned a lot about his mental game and how to mentally prepare for tournaments and golf shots in general. Also, the technology that was used helped him to be able to have a clearer understanding about his golf swing. The biomechanics and yoga taught him how to become more physically fit and how to work out to improve his golf swing. Combined, all of these aspects of the camp helped him improve his game!"
— Walter M.
Loved Every Minute of Camp
"My sons only complaint was that he wanted the camp to last longer! His game showed great improvement, he loved every minute of the camp! Thanks for a great experience at Nike Camp!"
"The Woodloch Springs location was beautiful and the camp facilities were amazing. The accommodations were above what we were expecting and the small group size was incredibly helpful."
— Veronica G. Camper