Nike Junior Golf Camps, Oaks North Golf Course
Improve your game and have serious fun at
Nike Junior Golf Camps
Premier Golf Academy is excited to invite junior players to our Nike Junior Golf Camp at Rancho Bernardo at Oaks North Golf Course for another great summer! Campers enjoy top-notch instruction during the week under the direction of our staff of experienced instructors.
FULL DAY CAMPS
The full day camps run from 9:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m. and are an excellent opportunity for junior golfers to improve their skills and their course strategy at the same time. Campers enjoy three hours of instruction each morning focusing on all facets of the game, including full swing, pitching, chipping, putting and sand play. After lunch, which is included in the price of the camp, it’s off to play the course. During course play our coaches teach strategy, etiquette and course management. The Full Day Camp is designed to create complete golfers and raise their game to the next level. This camp is available for boys and girls of all ability levels, ages 8-16.
- Small group instruction with low student/teacher ratio from experienced teaching professionals
- Three hours of daily practice with our staff covering all facets of the game; putting, chipping/pitching, full-swing
- Course play with on-course coaching from the camp staff (when available)
- Camper amenity package including a Nike hat, drawstring bag, SRIXON golf balls, camp workbook, and graduation certificate
- A healthy and positive learning environment designed to help every camper get better!
- View More Details ⟩
Camp Director Greg Ehlert
Greg Ehlert is a Class A Member of the PGA of America and Academy Director at Premier Golf Academy.View Greg's Bio & Golf Tips ⟩
Greg Ehlert is a Class A Member of the PGA of America and Academy Director at PREMIER GOLF ACADEMY. Greg has received awards from Golf Channel and appeared in many golf publications for instruction. Greg has a passion for golf instruction and worked with some of the top junior players in the USA and Asia. Greg has a proven training and practice program that accelerates his student’s improvement. Many of Greg’s students have gone on to compete at the collegiate and professional levels. Greg has competed professionally in nearly a dozen countries throughout Asia, the USA, and Europe.
Golf Tips by Greg:
Co-Director Michael Thomas
Michael Thomas serves as the Co-Director for Nike Junior Golf camps at Reidy Creek and Oaks North.View Michael's Bio ⟩
Michael Thomas is a Class A member of the PGA of America. Michael has taught at several golf facilities over the past eleven years including Marbella Country Club and the Crossings at Carlsbad. Michael has specialized in coaching and teaching junior golfers and many of his students have progressed to realize their goals of achieving competitive success at both the high school and collegiate level.
Lead Instructor Ron Stelton
Ron Stelton serves as the Lead Instructor for Nike Junior Golf Camps at Reidy Creek Golf Course and Oaks North Golf Course.View Ron's Bio ⟩
For the better part of his life Ron was a tournament playing professional on the regular tour and senior tour. Ron has played tournament golf on every major tour in the world. For most of the 1980's and early 90's Ron played the PGA European Tour. Twice Ron won in Europe. Today Ron sill plays a few tournaments a year as a way of "staying young" and in touch with the game.
As a teacher/coach Ron learned his playing and teaching skills from many of the best and most famous names in golf. Ron's greatest teaching/coaching skill is making good golfers better golfers.
This program is designed for boys and girls between the ages of 8 and 16. The staff is on hand to provide campers with top quality instruction each day. At Nike Junior Golf Camps we accommodate all skill levels and, upon arrival, all participants are evaluated by the staff so that their own instructional needs can be addressed throughout the week.
SECURE YOUR SPOT!
You can expect high demand on these first-come-first-serve camper spots, so please be sure to register early.
- Dates: 2024 Camp Dates Coming Soon
- Full Day: 2024 Camp Dates Coming Soon
- Age Group: 8-16
- Gender: Co-ed
- Camp Type: Full Day Available
- Full Day: 9:00am-4:00pm, Monday-Friday
- Check-In: 15 minutes prior to camp start time.
- Lunch: Lunch is included for Full Day campers each day.
- Program: The All Abilities program is designed to improve the fundamental skills needed for golf; putting, chipping/pitching, full-swing and course etiquette. Upon arrival, all participants will be evaluated by the instructors and placed into groups based on age and ability level.
Please note: Camp schedules and details may be subject to change.
WHAT'S INCLUDED IN THE FEE?
- Instruction: Morning instruction and afternoon course play (for Full Day campers only)
- Lunch: Lunch is included for Full Day campers each day.
- Supervision: Campers are supervised by staff during camp hours.
- Camper Amenity Package: Campers will receive an amenity package including a Nike hat, drawstring bag, SRIXON golf balls, camp workbook, and graduation certificate.
INSTRUCTION, EQUIPMENT & FACILITY
- Ratio: 1:8 staff-to-camper ratio.
- Groupings: Campers are grouped by age, ability, and experience.
- Equipment Needed: Players should supply their own golf clubs, glove, golf balls, and tees.
- Facility: Oaks North Golf Course
- Medical Protocol: Camp will have on-site staff to help with illness or injury. In case of an emergency, campers will be transported to the nearest hospital.
PREPARE FOR CAMP: COMPLETE YOUR PRE-CAMP CHECKLIST
To view your customer account, complete your mandatory forms, pay balance dues, and review important camp information, visit Pre-Camp Checklist. All necessary camp information is on this page. If there are any imperative changes prior to camp start, registered campers will be notified via email and this webpage will be updated!
CHECKLIST OF THINGS TO BRING
Below is a suggested list of clothes, equipment, and personal items. US Sports Camps is NOT responsible for lost or stolen articles or money.
- Athletic clothing (t-shirts, shorts)
- Golf clubs
- Golf Balls/tees/glove
- Golf shoes or tennis/athletic shoes
- Collared shirt (recommended)
- Water bottle*
- Hat/visor (Campers receive Nike hat with amenity package)
- Snacks (optional)
- COVID PPE (as required by state/local guidelines)
- Signed Health & Release forms and waivers (forms completed online do not need to be printed and turned in at camp)
Transportation is not provided. Campers are responsible for getting to and from camp on their own. There is no supervision before or after camp hours so please make arrangements to pick up your child on time.
For information regarding our cancellation policy and all other company policies, please visit USSC Policies.
NIKE JUNIOR GOLF CAMP FAQ
For general questions about our golf camps please see our FAQ page.Show Less See More Camp Details
Please note: Camp schedules may be subject to change.
Sample Daily Schedule
- 8:50am Check-in
- 9:00am Overview of daily schedule
- 9:15am Instruction - practice on skills and fundamentals; grip, stance, posture, pitching, putting, bunker play and full swing
- 12:00pm Lunch
- 1:00pm Course play with the camp staff (when available). On-course instruction on club selection, course management, strategy, rules and etiquette
- 4:00pm Campers depart
Oaks North Golf Course
There are the well-known golfing meccas on your bucket list that you would be happy to play just once, and then there are those with a unique charm that keep you coming back from your first lesson all the way through to your golden years. As home to former and current PGA professionals, the 27-hole executive Oaks North Golf Course is a gem well known to San Diego golfers, who welcome its shorter yardage, excellent maintenance, and professional service.
At Oaks North, you start your day on the best driving range in North San Diego County—well organized, striped hitting area, bright targets, good golf balls, and an even better view. Check in with the friendly faces at the counter and then head out to experience the variety offered by Oaks North’s 27 holes.
All three nines are par-30 tracks with yardages from 3,417 to 3,608, each presenting its own characteristic challenges. Every golfer has an opinion about which course is the toughest or the most fun. Considering golfers can usually play 18 holes at Oaks North Golf Course in about three hours, you’ll form your own opinion.
Excellent feedback from the coaches.
Having fun everyday
"Having fun everyday with the coach Michael Thomas and the teammates"
— Yue W. Parent
super excited to win a few games!
"He enjoyed meeting new kids and playing the different courses at Oaks North. He was super excited to win a few games!!"
— Dianne B. Parent
"He enjoyed the flow of the day and playing 9 each day. Wrapping up with some fun games was perfect."
— Avery T. Parent
really enjoyed everything about the camp
"He really enjoyed everything about the camp. He especially liked getting direction and encouraging feedback from the coaches as well as playing the course daily."
— Laura L. Parent
encouraged and motivated by her coaches
"Learning more about the rules and techniques of golf. Maggie was encouraged and motivated by her coaches. She met some new friends and had a lot of fun."
— Tara G. Parent
enjoyed camp very much
"Liam enjoyed camp very much. He likes the coaches and particularly enjoyed learning more about golf. Overall a great experience. Would sign him up again in the future ."
— Monica G. Parent
— Swartz S. Parent
enjoyed his first golf experience
"My son enjoyed his first golf experience and looks forward to participating in it again next year."
— Stacey C. Parent
9 holes every day
"The driving range was his favorite part. The chipping contest was a lot of fun for him. He enjoyed going on the course and doing 9 holes every day."
— Erica G. Parent
He especially liked playing the putting circle game.
"Johnny had a lot of fun golfing. He especially liked playing the putting circle game."
— Isabel E. Parent
"It would have been nice if all of the assessments were filled out so we knew what to work on with him. He took the Nike golf camp last year at a different location and enjoyed that better as in the afternoon the instructors also played with them and at this camp that was not the case."
— Michele M. Parent
SECURE YOUR SPOT – CAMPS SELL OUT!
Last year over 650 Sports Camps sold out, leaving 7,000+ campers on the waitlist. Due to high demand, early registration for our first-come-first-serve camps is strongly recommended.