Nike Junior Golf Camps, Unicorn Golf Course
Improve your game and have serious fun at
Nike Junior Golf Camps
Nike Junior Golf Camps is excited to its newest location at Unicorn Golf Course near Boston, Massachusetts! Join our Nike Golf Camp coaches for a week of top-notch instruction and fun golf activities!
FULL DAY CAMPS
Full day campers receive three hours of instruction each day with emphasis on putting, chipping, bunker play and full swing. After morning instruction and a break for lunch, campers will get to apply what they have learned out on the course (course play when available). Campers will have the opportunity to play the Championship 9-hole at Unicorn Golf Course and the Par 3 course at Stoneham Oaks Golf Course. Full Day Camps run Monday through Thursday from 10:00am - 4:00pm and are open to players of all abilities, ages 8-15. Please note: Lunch is NOT provided. Campers must bring their own lunch every day.
- Three hours of morning instruction covering putting, chipping, pitching and full swing
- Supervised afternoon course play with the camp staff at Unicorn Golf Course and Stone Oaks Golf Course (when available)
- Camper amenity package including a Nike hat, drawstring bag, SRIXON golf balls, camp workbook, and graduation certificate
- A healthy and positive learning environment designed to help every camper improve their game
- View More Details ⟩
Co-Director Dennis Maxfield
Dennis is the Head Golf Pro at Unicorn Golf Course.View Dennis's Bio ⟩
Director of Instruction Ian Logan
Ian Logan serves at Director of Instruction for the Nike Junior Golf Camp, Unicorn Golf Course.
This program is designed for boys and girls between the ages of 8 and 15. The Nike Junior Golf Camp staff is on hand to provide campers with top quality instruction each day. At Nike Junior Golf Camps we accommodate all skill levels; the junior player just discovering the game, the high school player trying to move up on the team, and the tournament level junior looking to improve his or her tournament results. Upon arrival, all participants are evaluated by the staff so that their own instructional needs can be addressed throughout the week.
This camp must comply with regulations of the Massachusetts Department of Public Health and be licensed by the local board of health.
SECURE YOUR SPOT!
You can expect high demand on these first-come-first-serve camper spots, so please be sure to register early.
- Dates: June-July
- Full Day: June 17-20, June 24-27, July 8-11, July 15-18
- Age Group: 8-15
- Gender: Co-ed
- Camp Type: Full Day Camps Available
- Full Day: 10:00am-4:00pm, Monday-Thursday
- Check-In: 15 minutes prior to camp start time.
- Lunch: Lunch is NOT provided. Campers must bring their own lunch every day.
- Program: The All Abilities program is designed to improve the fundamental skills needed for golf including putting, chipping, bunker play, and full-swing. On the first day of camp, all participants will be evaluated by the instructors and placed into groups based on age and ability level in various individual, small group and full group settings.
Please note: Camp schedules and details may be subject to change.
WHAT'S INCLUDED IN THE FEE?
- Instruction: Morning instruction and afternoon course play.
- Lunch: Lunch is NOT provided. Campers must bring their own lunch every day.
- Supervision: Campers are supervised by staff during camp hours.
- Camper Amenity Package: Campers will receive an amenity package including a Nike hat, drawstring bag, SRIXON golf balls, camp workbook, and graduation certificate.
INSTRUCTION, EQUIPMENT & FACILITY
- Ratio: 1:8 staff-to-camper ratio.
- Groupings: Campers are grouped by age, ability, and experience.
- Equipment Needed: Players should supply their own golf clubs, glove, golf balls, and tees. Through Nike Junior Golf Camps we do not provide club rentals at this camp.
- Facility: Unicorn Golf Course & Stoneham Oaks Golf Course
- Medical Protocol: Camp will have on-site staff to help with illness or injury. In case of an emergency, campers will be transported to the nearest hospital.
PREPARE FOR CAMP: COMPLETE YOUR PRE-CAMP CHECKLIST
To view your customer account, complete your mandatory forms, pay balance dues, and review important camp information, visit Pre-Camp Checklist. All necessary camp information is on this page. If there are any imperative changes prior to camp start, registered campers will be notified via email and this webpage will be updated!
CHECKLIST OF THINGS TO BRING
Below is a suggested list of clothes, equipment, and personal items. US Sports Camps is NOT responsible for lost or stolen articles or money.
- Athletic clothing (t-shirts, shorts)
- Golf clubs
- Golf Balls/tees/glove
- Golf shoes or tennis/athletic shoes
- Collared shirt (recommended)
- Water bottle*
- Hat/visor (Campers receive Nike hat with amenity package)
- Snacks (optional)
- COVID PPE (as required by state/local guidelines)
- Signed Health & Release forms and waivers (forms completed online do not need to be printed and turned in at camp)
Transportation is not provided. Campers are responsible for getting to and from camp on their own. There is no supervision before or after camp hours so please make arrangements to pick up your child on time.
For information regarding our cancellation policy and all other company policies, please visit USSC Policies.
NIKE JUNIOR GOLF CAMP FAQ
For general questions about our golf camps please see our FAQ page.Show Less See More Camp Details
A detailed camper information packet containing check in location, health/release forms, emergency contact info, and a list of things to bring will be emailed to all registered campers in the spring.
Sample Daily Schedule
- 10:00am Campers arrive, warm up, stretching, skills demonstrations by staff
- 10:15am Rotate stations working on full swing, short game, putting
- 11:15am Drills, games, competitions for prizes
- 12:30pm Lunch (Not provided, campers must bring their own lunch each day)
- 1:30pm Course play with the camp staff (when available)
- 4:00pm Camp closing/campers depart
Unicorn Golf Course
The Unicorn Golf Course was originally built in 1928 by the Boston Athletic Association as a premiere 18 hole private golf course. The course was designed by the renowned architectural firm of Stiles and Van Kleek, which covered portions from both the towns of Stoneham and Woburn. The town of Stoneham purchased the property in 1972 within Stoneham and redesigned the course to play as a premiere nine hole course now known as Unicorn Golf Course.
The golf course traverses a wonderful hilltop piece of land, with holes playing out in the open, and others surrounded by huge old oak trees lining its beautiful fairways. Unicorn offers fantastic course conditions with pure bent greens, tight lush fairways and player friendly rough and bunkers. Known as a pure jewel of the Boston area offering all skill levels a great golf experience.
Stoneham Oaks Golf Course
The Stoneham Oaks Golf Course is a Nine Hole Par 3 Executive Course open to the public that was established in 1994 and is owed by the Town of Stoneham. Located right off the I93 highway and only eight miles North of the heart of Boston it is in the perfect location for commuters traveling from around the Boston area to grab a quick nine holes of golf. Featuring a 1,125-yard course, Stoneham Oaks is managed and maintained by Sterling Golf Management. The “Oaks” course as it is known, is right next door to our wildly popular Unicorn Golf Course, a wonderful regulation length nine-hole course.
This course, while short in length, provides golfers with unique challenges and beautiful greens which runs true to form. The short length of the course creates the perfect opportunity for players of all ages and abilities to be able to enjoy the course and work on the short game that everyone wants to have perfected.
Camp Questions & Answers
CAN WE RENT CLUBS?
Through Nike Junior Golf Camps we do not provide club rentals at this camp.
SECURE YOUR SPOT – CAMPS SELL OUT!
Last year over 650 Sports Camps sold out, leaving 7,000+ campers on the waitlist. Due to high demand, early registration for our first-come-first-serve camps is strongly recommended.