Nike Parent/Child Golf Camp, University of Arizona
Improve your game and have serious fun at
Nike Junior Golf Camps!
Nike Junior Golf Camps is excited to announce the return of our parent/child program in Tucson, AZ this fall. Hosted at the scenic La Paloma Country Club and the Ventana Canyon Golf & Racquet Club, this camp offers junior golfers and their parents the opportunity to receive exposure to and instruction from Division I coaches in the beautiful Southern Arizona!
Campers and parents are invited to join us for two amazing days of instruction and world-class course play! This camp utilizes training regimens the Wildcat men's team uses on a daily basis, while also adding in fun elements and opportunities to play in one of the world's most beautiful golf environments. Participants will receive instruction each day at the practice facility and participate in daily course play at La Paloma and Ventana Canyon. Daily activities on Friday will take place at La Paloma and Ventana Canyon on Saturday.
- This camp/clinic is not owned, operated, or otherwise controlled by the University of Arizona.
- This camp/clinic is open to any and all entrants (limited only by number, age, grade level and/or gender).
- Group instruction from University of Arizona Head Men's Coach, Jim Anderson and Assistant Coach, James Vargas
- Daily course play at La Paloma Country Club or Ventana Canyon Golf & Racquet Club
- Daily instruction at each courses' practice facilities
- Camper amenity package including a Nike hat, drawstring bag, and six SRIXON golf balls
- View More Details ⟩
Head Men's Golf Coach, University of Arizona Jim Anderson
Since being named Head Men’s Golf Coach at the University of Arizona in June of 2012, Jim Anderson has propelled the program’s resurgence on the national scene with conference championships, All-Americans and unparalleled academic success.View Jim's Bio ⟩
Spring of 2021 marked seminal moments of championship success on the course and in the classroom. Anderson was named Pac-12 Coach of the Year after guiding the Wildcats to their first Pac-12 Championship, as a team, in nearly 20 years. Brad Reeves became the program’s first Pac-12 Individual Champion since 2008 when he claimed the crown in dramatic fashion in the second playoff hole of the Pac-12 Championships in California. Reeves led the team’s dominance of the Pac-12 Conference Awards becoming Player of the Year as well as a First Team All-Pac-12 selection. Trevor Werbylo joined Reeves in the First Team while David Laskin and Chase Sienkiewicz were voted to the All-Conference Second Team with Sienkiewicz also earning a spot on the Pac-12 All-Newcomer Team.
In addition to the emphatic wins at the Pac-12 Championships and plethora of conference awards, the 2021 spring season saw the Wildcats win three tournaments as a team. Team victories in its home Arizona Intercollegiate event, The Prestige in Palm Springs and then the Pac-12 Championships gave Arizona its most tournament wins in a season since 2004. All three of those wins also saw Wildcats pickup individual wins as Brad Reeves won the Arizona Intercollegiate and the Pac-12 Championships while Trevor Werbylo claimed the victory at The Prestige. The trio of victories and conference titles padded Arizona’s postseason resume as it was selected for NCAA Regionals for a third consecutive season. Spring 2021 also saw championship success off the course as well as David Laskin became the program’s first Pac-12 Scholar Athlete of the Year since Alex McMahon in 2015.
The Wildcats' 2018-19 season featured Arizona's second-straight Arizona Intercollegiate victory as Anderson's squad posted a -37 score at its home course of Sewailo. The Wildcats also had Top 5 finishes as a team at the Showdown in the Rockies, the Saint Mary's Invitational and the Querencia Cabo Collegiate. The impressive season led the Wildcats to the NCAA Louisville Regional, marking the third time Anderson led Arizona to postseason play. Under Anderson's watch, sophomore Trevor Werbylo had a scoring average of 70.73, which is the third-best single-season scoring average in program history. Werbylo was named honorable mention All-American by the Golf Coaches Association of America. Junior David Laskin, who had a scoring average of 72.18, was named first-team Pac-12 All-Academic, while junior Briggs Duce was named second team and fellow junior Brad Reeves was named honorable mention.
This unique, two-day experience is an exciting opportunity for junior golfers AND their parents to receive instruction from Division I coaches at one of golf's most scenic settings. Jim Anderson and the University of Arizona Men's Golf staff offer a fun and positive environment. These programs are co-ed and designed for children, ages 9 and up, and their parents. The staff is on hand to provide campers with top quality instruction each day. At Nike Junior Golf Camps we accommodate all skill levels. Upon arrival, all participants are evaluated by the staff so that their own instructional needs can be addressed throughout the week.
SECURE YOUR SPOT!
You can expect high demand on these first-come-first-serve camper spots, so please be sure to register early.
- Dates: November 10-11, 2023
- Age Group: 9 and up
- Gender: Co-ed
- Camp Type: The Parent/Child fee includes all golf instruction and green fees.
- Day 1: Check-in takes place between 8:45am-9:00am.
- Day 2: Check-in takes place between 8:45am-9:00am.
- Day 1: Check-out takes place at 6:00pm.
- Day 2: Check-out takes place at 6:00pm.
- Check-in: Check-in for parents and campers takes place on the first day between 8:45am-9:00am at La Paloma Country Club.
- Check-out: Check out occurs after the golf round at Ventana Canyon Golf & Racquet Club on the final day of camp.
- Meals: Lunch is provided both days of camp.
Please note: Camp schedules and details may be subject to change.
WHAT'S INCLUDED IN THE FEE?
- Instruction: Instruction and course play at a rotation of golf courses.
- Meals: Lunch is provided both days of camp.
- Camper Amenity Package: Campers will receive an amenity package including a Nike hat, drawstring bag, SRIXON golf balls, camp workbook, and graduation certificate.
INSTRUCTION, EQUIPMENT & FACILITY
- Groupings: Campers and parents are grouped together for the duration of camp.
- Equipment Needed: Players should supply their own golf clubs, glove, golf balls, and tees.
- Facilities: La Paloma Country Club and Ventana Canyon Golf & Racquet Club
- Medical Protocol: Camp will have on-site staff to help with illness or injury. In case of an emergency, campers will be transported to the nearest hospital.
- Lodging: Out-of-town families are encouraged to book lodging in the Tucson area.
PREPARE FOR CAMP: COMPLETE YOUR PRE-CAMP CHECKLIST
To view your customer account, complete your mandatory forms, pay balance dues, and review important camp information, visit Pre-Camp Checklist. All necessary camp information is on this page. If there are any imperative changes prior to camp start, registered campers will be notified via email and this webpage will be updated!
CHECKLIST OF THINGS TO BRING
US Sports Camps, La Paloma Country Club and Ventana Canyon Golf & Racquet Club are NOT responsible for lost or stolen articles or money. Below is a suggested list of clothes, equipment and personal items. We recommend that you do not send unnecessary items, which can get lost. Camper bags may be inspected upon check in or at any time during camp to ensure no drugs, alcohol or other improper substances are brought to camp.
- Golf clubs
- Golf Balls/tees/glove
- Golf shoes or tennis/athletic shoes
- Collared shirt
- Water bottle*
- Hat/visor (Campers receive Nike hat with amenity package)
- Snacks (optional)
- Signed Health & Release forms and waivers (forms completed online do not need to be printed and turned in at camp)
Nike Junior Golf Camps does not provide transportation to and from airports, bus depots or train stations. Those traveling from out-of-town are encouraged to fly to Tuscon International Airport.
For information regarding our cancellation policy and all other company policies, please visit USSC Policies.
NIKE JUNIOR GOLF CAMP FAQ
For general questions about our golf camps please see our FAQ page.
This camp is open to any and all entrants (limited only by number, age, grade level, and/or gender).Show Less See More Camp Details
Please note: Camp schedules may be subject to change.
Parent/Child Camp - Day 1
- 9:00am Check-in at La Paloma Country Club
- 9:15am Welcome Orientation
- 9:30 Instruction with coaches at La Paloma CC
- 12:00pm Lunch
- 1:00pm Afternoon tee time at La Paloma Country Club
- 6:00pm Conclusion/Dinner on own
Parent/Child Camp - Day 2
- 9:00am Check-in at Ventana Canyon Golf & Racquet Club
- 9:30am Instruction with coaches at VCGRC
- 12:00pm Lunch
- 1:00pm Tee off at Ventana Canyon
- 6:00pm Closing remarks and camp concludes
La Paloma Country Club
Playing at La Paloma isn't your typical experience. One of Jack's earlier designs, our 27-hole course earned the Signature distinction for his high level of involvement in the development of the course from start to finish. Mini-Verde Bermuda greens, dense fairways, seven sets of tee boxes per hole, and pristine white sand bunkers all contribute to a premium round. The spectacular panoramic vistas may just make you forget the challenges of the uniquely playable course.
Ventana Canyon Golf & Racquet Club
Across our pristine 600-acre desert preserve, you’ll find Tom Fazio’s two 18-hole championship courses – tee boxes surrounded by beautiful mountain views, fairways rich with regional flora and fauna and putting greens that glimmer against the dunes behind them. Our impeccably kept grounds and commitment to service reflect the true essence of Ventana Canyon Golf, which has earned the title of best in the country on multiple occasions. Come play and experience it for yourself.
He learned and had fun!
New to 2022!
This camp will be offered for the first time in 2022!
— Nike Junior Golf Camps
SECURE YOUR SPOT – CAMPS SELL OUT!
Last year over 650 Sports Camps sold out, leaving 7,000+ campers on the waitlist. Due to high demand, early registration for our first-come-first-serve camps is strongly recommended.