Nike Girls Lacrosse Camp at McDaniel College
2024 Dates & Prices Coming Soon!
Come join McDaniel College Head Women's Lacrosse Coach, Kristin Ramey, at camp this summer! Located 30 miles northwest of Baltimore and 60 miles north of Washington, D.C. McDaniel's 160-acre campus which overlooks Westminster, provides a perfect setting for a Nike Lacrosse Camp.
Our goal is to stimulate a love for the game by immersing you in the sport and giving you the kind of focused, intensive training essential to improvement. Over the course of camp, we want to create a unique training and learning experience that will help your enthusiasm and self-confidence grow along with your skills.
- High School and Youth Skills Camp for Girls Ages 9-18
- Superior instruction from College Coaches
- 8:1 camper to instructor on field ratio
- Daily emphasis on fundamentals, position training, drills and scrimmages
- Team discounts available
- Special goalie instruction and discounts available
- Reversible mesh Nike practice jersey
- Nike and STX Prizes for outstanding play, sportsmanship and improvement
- View More Details ⟩
Camp Director Kristin Ramey
Ramey, a 2005 graduate of McDaniel, returned to her alma mater as head coach and now enters her 11th season in 2023.View Kristin Ramey's Bio & Lacrosse Tips ⟩
Ramey’s debut season started with four straight wins. Over her first eight years in charge of the program, the Green Terror has posted 57 wins to go with two ECAC tournament appearances and a Centennial Conference (CC) semifinal appearance in 2014.
She spent the previous two seasons as the head coach at Denison, where she amassed a 28-8 record. She made a pair of North Coast Athletic Conference tournament appearances, including winning the championship in her debut season. Ramey led the Big Red to an NCAA tournament win in her initial appearance, defeating Adrian 11-10 in double overtime before falling to CC-champion Gettysburg in the second round to finish 15-5 on the year.
For an encore, her Denison team opened this past season with 12 straight wins en route to a 13-3 campaign and another conference tournament appearance.
After a successful playing career in both lacrosse and field hockey at McDaniel and graduating with a degree in exercise science and physical education, Ramey spent a year as a lacrosse coach and physical education teacher at Bedford High School in Bedfordshire, United Kingdom.
Following her oversees experience, Ramey returned to her alma mater as an assistant on the sidelines of both the Green Terror women’s lacrosse and field hockey teams, spending four years on staff before spending one year as an assistant at Bridgewater (Va.) immediately prior to her stint in Granville, Ohio.
As a student-athlete at McDaniel, Ramey was the recipient of McDaniel's Women's Athletic Alumnae Award for the most outstanding senior athlete as a four-year member of the Green Terror field hockey and women's lacrosse teams.
She was twice named to the CC first team in lacrosse and also earned third-team All-America honors from insidelacrosse.com following her senior campaign. She led the squad in goals (40), assists (13), points (53) and caused turnovers (25). An all-region selection after her junior season, Ramey was the team's MVP after pacing the team in ground balls (64) and caused turnovers (30).
During her four years, she amassed 73 goals and 26 assists for 99 points to rank among the all-time leaders in each category. Her 150 career ground balls still ranks fourth all-time while her 76 caused turnovers is third and her 86 draw controls ranks ninth.
On the field hockey squad, she earned the team's most improved player award in 2003. During her four years, she totaled 11 goals and four assists for 26 points.
In addition to her collegiate coaching accomplishments, Ramey has also served as the director for numerous lacrosse camps and presented at various seminars, including three times at the CC’s Snell-Shillingford Coaching Symposium.
In addition, at all three institutions, she has not only coached but also served as an instructor in exercise science.
Lacrosse Tips by Kristin Ramey:
SECURE YOUR SPOT!
You can expect a high demand on these first-come-first-serve camper spots, so please be sure to register early. Head Lacrosse Coach, Kristin Ramey, invites you to attend the Nike Girls Lacrosse Camp at McDaniel College this summer! Get ready for a week of focused, intensive training sessions lead by the McDaniel coaching staff. Overnight and Commuter (Extended Day Camp 9:00 AM to 9:00 PM) options available.
- Dates: July 17-19
- Age Group: 9-18
- Gender: Girls
- Camp Type: Overnight, Extended Day (commuter)
- Check-In: Check-in is between 2:00-3:00pm at the Gill Athletic Center, for Resident and Extended Day campers. Resident campers will stay overnight in the Garden Apartments. All campers should come prepared to play lacrosse! Dinner will be the only meal served on the first day so please remember to eat something before arriving.
- Check-out: A closing ceremony will be held at 2:30pm at the fields. Parents are invited to attend! Campers check out at 3:00pm.
- Extended Day Schedule: MON 2PM-8:45PM, TUE 8:45AM-8:45M, WED 8:45AM-3PM **Times subject to change
- Meals: All meals are provided for Overnight campers. Lunch and dinner are provided for all Extended Day (commuter) campers.
- Program: The Advanced Skills/Complete Skills Camp is designed for high school/youth players (ages 9-18), and focuses on stick skills, position play, team concepts, and an overall intense level of competition.
Gill Athletic Center
2 College Hill
Westminster, Maryland 21157
- Dorm: Garden Apartments
- Number of Campers Per Room: 2 per room
- Roommates: Rooms are assigned by age & roommate requests. Roommate requests must be mutual and received no later than 14 days before the start of camp. If you don't have a roommate request, you will be placed in a room with someone near your age. It will be a great opportunity to meet someone new!
- Bathrooms: Shared
- Linens: Not included. Bring linens or a sleeping bag, a pillow, a pillowcase, and a towel.
- Air Conditioning: There is A/C in dorms. Campers do not need to bring a fan.
The staff reside in the dormitories with the campers and participate in all activities. Drugs, alcohol, and tobacco are strictly prohibited and constitute, along with general misconduct, grounds for dismissal from camp without a refund.
WHAT'S INCLUDED IN THE FEE?
- Instruction: Morning, afternoon, and evening training sessions
- Overnight campers: Dormitory housing on campus and all meals are provided.
- Extended Day campers: Lunch and dinner are provided.
- Supervision: Staff members reside in campers’ quarters and participate in all activities.
- Reversible Jersey & Prizes: Campers at multi-day camps will receive a Nike Lacrosse Camps Reversible Jersey and prizes.
INSTRUCTION, EQUIPMENT & FACILITY
- Ratio: 1:10 staff-to-camper ratio
- Groupings: Campers are grouped by age, ability, and experience.
- Equipment Needed: Please bring your protective goggles, mouthpiece, cleats, and lacrosse stick.
- Facility: Athletic Fields
- Medical Protocol: Most camps have an athletic trainer on-site to help with illness or injury. In case of an emergency, campers will be transported to the nearest hospital.
PREPARE FOR CAMP: COMPLETE YOUR PRE-CAMP CHECKLIST
To view your customer account, complete your mandatory forms, pay balance dues, and review important camp information, visit Pre-Camp Checklist. All necessary camp information is on this page. If there are any imperative changes prior to camp start, registered campers will be notified via email and this webpage will be updated!
Below is a suggested list of clothes, equipment, and personal items. US Sports Camps is NOT responsible for lost or stolen articles or money.
Checklist of things to bring:
- Athletic Socks
- Protective Googles
- Lacrosse Stick(s)
- Goalies Must Have Full Protective Equipment
- Comfortable Off-Field Clothes
- Toiletries & Personal Items
- Water Bottle
- Turf Shoes or Running Shoes for indoor activity
- Alarm Clock
- Extra Towels
- Non-Perishable Snack Foods
- Spending money (approx. $40)
- Pillow & Pillowcase
- Twin XL Sheets/Blanket or Sleeping Bag
- No Fan Needed - Dorms Are Air Conditioned
- Signed Heath & Release forms and waivers (forms completed online do not need to be printed and turned in at camp)
EXTENDED DAY CAMPERS
Checklist of Things to Bring: We recommend that all Extended Day Campers bring a daily pack with the following items: Along with your lacrosse equipment, we recommend that you bring a day pack with the following items: water bottle, weather-appropriate clothing, cleats, and walking shoes.
Camp Schedule & Meals:
- Monday: Extended Day Campers should arrive dressed and ready to play. You will be assigned a counselor and given a complete schedule of all events during the week. Day Campers stay until 8:45pm. Dinner is provided.
- Tuesday: Extended Day Camper Hours – 8:45am-8:45pm. Lunch and dinner is provided.
- Wednesday: Extended Day Camper Hours - 8:45am-3:00pm. Lunch is provided. Check-out is immediately after the camp concludes at 3:00pm. Departure time may change depending on the event.
Transportation is not provided. Campers are responsible for getting to and from camp on their own. There is no supervision before or after camp hours so please make arrangements to pick up your child on time.
For information regarding our cancellation policy and all other company policies, please visit USSC Policies.
NIKE LACROSSE CAMP FAQ
For general questions about our lacrosse camps please see our FAQ page.
OVERNIGHT CAMP AMENITIES
• 2 nights lodging • All meals
• Reversible Nike practice jersey
EXTENDED DAY CAMP AMENITIES
• Lunch & dinner
• Reversible Nike practice jersey
• Camp hours: MON 2PM-8:45PM, TUE 8:45AM-8:45M, WED 8:45AM-3PM
*SPECIAL GOALIE TRAINING*: During all sessions, goalies are given training involving development of their individual technique as well as instruction in game like situations. In addition to focusing on individual instruction, each goalie will participate in shooting drills as well as drills designed to include the goalies as an integral part of a team defense.
TEAM DISCOUNT: If five or more campers register together, each camper is eligible for a $25 discount. Please have a team contact reach out directly to the USSC office at 1-800-645-3226 to receive a discount code to identify your group. Campers may then register through the website at their convenience and apply the coupon code during check-out.
GOALIE DISCOUNT: To ensure each session has enough goalies for drills and scrimmages, all goalies automatically qualify for a special $50 discount. You can call 1-800-645-3226 to receive the goalie discount over the phone or you can indicate that you are eligible for the goalie discount in the “comments” field when registering via our secure website. Goalie discount cannot be combined with any other discount.
Sample Daily Schedule
- 7:30 am Breakfast (Overnighters)
- 8:45 AM Campers Arrive
- 9:00 AM Stretching and Conditioning
- 9:30 AM Line Drills and Stations
- 10:30 AM Position Work
- Noon Lunch and rest
- 1:00 PM 1v1, 2v2, and fastbreaks
- 2:00 PM Drill stations and scrimmaging
- 3:00 PM Campers Depart
- 5:00 pm Dinner and supervised free time
- 6:30 pm Back to field for games
- 9:00 pm Extended Day Campers depart
- 10:00 pm Overnight Campers to rooms; Lights out!
McDaniel College is located in Westminster, Maryland, on a hilltop ideally situated between the Chesapeake Bay and the Blue Ridge Mountains. Just 30 miles from Baltimore's Inner Harbor and 60 miles from Washington, D.C., students here enjoy the resources of major cities, yet reside on a campus where the scenery inspires visitors to state that McDaniel College is "one of the loveliest campuses in the U.S. and convenient to everything on the East Coast."
McDaniel College is also hosting a Nike Field Hockey Camp click here for more details.
My son just having fun and learning new skills!!
Demonstrated the importance in building the girls confidence!
July 31, 2016: The coaches at this camp made my child feel welcome and right at home. My child was an extended day camper and by the end of day one they knew her by name and some details about her that went beyond the lacrrose field (that she had a baby brother, was a swimmer, etc). The camp not only was great at providing instruction and improving skill level, but really demonstrated the importance in building the girls confidence and getting to know them as a person ... all things that are very important in my opinion.
— Vanessa H. Parent
July 20, 2014: Great atmosphere and team spirit. The girls seemed to bond well and learn quickly and the coaches were a wealth of constructive criticism and tips!
— TJ N. Parent
Thank you Nike!
July 21, 2014: According to my daughter, the coaches at this camp told her what her strengths were and gave her tips to improve on the things she's not so good at. My husband and I definitely see an improvement in her skills and confidence in her abilities. It looks like we will be back next year! Thank you Nike!
— Sean M. Parent
Goalie instruction was really helpful!
July 22, 2014: My daughter loved the session at McDaniel College. She came home with a few new moves and a lot more confidence in her abilities. The differentiated goalie instruction was really helpful and one of the main reasons we chose this camp. She plans to return next year!
— Devon S. Parent
Definitely go back!
July 22, 2014: This was a very educational camp but they made it fun too. I would definitely go back.
— Sophie C. Camper
Highlight of my summer!
July 28, 2015: The camp truly helped me become a better lacrosse player. The coaches spent a lot of time getting us to understand the techniques and strategies of the game. Sharpening these skills against other quality players makes this camp one of the best.
— Valerie D. Camper
July 30, 2015: I think the camp was a really good experience. The instruction was great, the friendships I made were stellar, and the camp was a life-changer for me. Thanks to this camp I am inspired to continue to play and improve my lacrosse skills. I recommend this camp to girls of all ages and skill levels. You will not be sorry.
— Laney G. Camper
August 1, 2015: It's a great experience, we had so much fun and we learned so many new skills. The coaches are phenomenal! I met a lot of great people who I will stay in touch with. Camp kind of helped me step out of my comfort zone and talk to new people.
— Micaela C. Camper
August 2, 2015: My daughter had a great experience at the NIKE Lacrosse Camp at McDaniel College. It was her first sleep over camp and she enjoyed it immensely. The staff was excellent.
— Emily B. Parent
A lot more confident now!
July 30, 2016: My daughter really enjoyed the camp (her second year), Nike does a good job of hiring not only qualified coaches, but coaches that campers can also relate to and who spend time with the girls. My daughter was struggling with a particular skill (she's a goalie, wasn't confident "directing" the defense) and one of the coaches here helped her work on that skill. She's a lot more confident now and was pleased to use her new skill at club team tryouts.
— Mark I. Parent
it was a fabulous experience and great week!
July 23, 2021: My daughter was very nervous because she didn’t know anyone. Once she got into her age group she made friends and she was excited each day. She loved the games played, skills and tricks taught and she loved the staff! Overall, it was a fabulous experience and great week!
— Anita T., Parent
Now I am more confident!
July 31, 2016: The Nike Lacrosse Camp really taught me a lot and I already see improvement. Now I am more confident in my lacrosse skills. I can now do almost everything with my left hand that I can do with my right hand. Overall this camp improved my skill level at lacrosse and my confidence for playing the sport. Also it was a lot of fun!
— Samantha C.Camper
Learn new skills!
July 20, 2017: My daughter enjoyed the camp it was just unfortunate that it was during one of the hottest week of summer. She said she learned many new skills and all the coaches were very knowledgeable. My daughter was in the 11 year group and she really clicked with her her coach. I just hope next year she can bring some friends from her team to participate.
— Jordan T. Parent
Love this camp!
July 20, 2017: My daughter loved this camp as she did last year. The counselors make the experience fun and she enjoys getting to know and playing with girls from other areas/ages.
— Rhyannan S. Parent
I had a blast!
July 20, 2017: My daughter said, 'It was really hard and HOT and I had a blast!!! I definitely want to do that camp again next year!'
— Courtney H. Parent
July 23, 2017: Wonderful experience and interaction with the other girls was terrific. My daughter got to meet new friends from around the country who share her love of lacrosse.
— Lily J. Parent
Enjoyable and Beneficial Camp!
July 20, 2018: My daughter had a blast at camp. She went with some friends, so the time spent hanging with them in the dorms was a huge highlight for her. She also really enjoyed working with girls of all different ages on the field. She's a goalie, and really took a lot away from working with some older girls and having them shoot on her in the goal.
— Leslie N. Parent
Learned A Lot!
July 24, 2019: I was able to learn a lot of skills in all positions on the field, if I made a mistake they corrected it with a positive attitude. I enjoyed the stations and drills and being able to try and learn new skills.
— Mikayla S. Camper
already asked me to sign her up for next year
July 23, 2021: My daughter absolutely loved the camp and has already asked me to sign her up for next year when registration opens.
— Holly S., Parent
she came out of her shell this week!
July 23, 2021: My daughter has come home every day after camp soooo excited to tell me what she has learned and the new friends she has made. She told me what each coach did during camp and their name. This is a child that has social anxiety, she came out of her shell this week!
— Rachael C., Parent
SECURE YOUR SPOT – CAMPS SELL OUT!
Last year over 650 Sports Camps sold out, leaving 7,000+ campers on the waitlist. Due to high demand, early registration for our first-come-first-serve camps is strongly recommended.