Nike Adult Pickleball Camp at Wild Dunes Resort
Improve your game and have serious fun
at Nike Pickleball Camps
The Nike Adult Pickleball Camp at Wild Dunes Resort is the perfect location for players to learn and improve their skills in one of the fastest growing sports in America!
This adult pickleball camp is a 3-day clinic designed to address your specific needs, increase your knowledge of the game and help you improve in a fun and friendly environment.
- 9 hours of court time
- Grips, stroke development, strategy, etiquette and more!
- Groupings for all skill levels
- Low camper to staff ratio
- Drills that focus on proper repetitiveness for skill enhancement
- View More Details ⟩
Camp Director Phil Whitesell
Phil Whitesell is the returning Camp Director of the Nike Tennis Camp and former Women’s professional tennis coach on WTA Tour. He most notably coached Brenda-Schultz McCarthy, a top 10 WTA tour and Meredith McGrath Semi-Finalist at Wimbledon.View Phil Whitesell's Bio & Pickleball Tips ⟩
He is a three time NCAA Division I tennis team champion at The University of Southern Cal and currently coaches local Charleston juniors and adults as a tennis pro at a private community in Mt. Pleasant.
Pickleball Tips by Phil Whitesell:
We offer fun weekends of Adult Day Camp (Friday-Sunday) for players ages 18+ of all skill levels. Camp includes 9 hours of pickleball instruction and offers programs for advanced beginner and intermediate level players.
Camp will cover: Grips, stroke development, dink shot, serves & returns, specialty shots, rules and etiquette and much more!
2023 CAMP DATES
"Advanced Beginner" and "Intermediate" skill levels
Camp is geared towards adult players of all levels. Upon arrival all participants are evaluated by the staff so that their own instructional needs can be addressed throughout the weekend.
- Small groups of players with similar skill levels
- When to Poach
- Third Shot drop
- When to Drive and when to Drop
- Where to Drive the ball
- Angle Volleys, inside out volleys, Backhand and Forehand rolling volleys, drop volleys
- Dinking tactics when all 4 are up at net
- Hitting around the net
- Hitting the "Ernie"
- Slice dinks and top spin dinks
- Angle Overheads
- Proper backhand and forehand grips
- Top spin
- Inside out forehands
- 4:00pm-6:00pm: Pro Play In/Player Evaluation
- 1:00pm-5:00pm: Drills
- 11:00am-2:00pm: Tournament followed by a Pro Exhibition
WHAT'S INCLUDED IN THE FEE?
- Welcome Package: All campers receive a Nike Pickleball Camps t-shirt and prizes
- Instruction: 9 hours of court time including instruction and match play
INSTRUCTION, EQUIPMENT, & FACILITY
- Groupings: Campers are grouped by ability, and experience
- Equipment Needed: All campers must bring a pickleball paddle, athletic shoes and a water bottle
- Facility: The resort's beautiful pickleball courts
- Medical Protocol: In case of an emergency, campers will be transported to the nearest hospital
COVID-19 SAFETY & REGULATIONS
For more information on our Covid-19 safety procedures and regulations, please visit https://www.ussportscamps.com/covid-safety.
Book early for the best room rates! These are Day Camps and only and run during the hours listed above. The camp tuition DOES NOT include housing. Campers are required to provide their own overnight accommodations.
Please call the Wild Dunes Resort directly to book your hotel reservations. Special rates are not guaranteed at this time.
CAMP INFORMATION PACKET
A detailed camper information packet containing check in location, health/release forms, emergency contact info, and a list of things to bring will be emailed to all registered campers in the Spring. Our health and release forms do not require a doctor's signature and they will be collected on the first day of camp.
Camp Code: PBADWD
Camp Dates & Prices
New Camp Dates Coming Soon!
Please join the Priority List to be notified when this program opens for 2023 registrations.