Nike Soccer Camp with Beestera Soccer Training - Mount Holyoke College
Improve your game and have serious fun
at Nike Soccer Camps
Join us this summer as Nike Soccer Camps team up with Beestera Soccer Training to offer a fantastic week of residential camp at Mount Holyoke College in South Hadley, MA. Team up with the experienced Beestera coaching staff for the ultimate soccer training camp!
Using a unique coaching model, the curriculum focuses on the development of the whole person. Every camper will be challenged mentally, physically, and emotionally with the goal of increasing each camper's tactical knowledge, technical ability, and enthusiasm for the game. Get the full camp experience and have fun while building the core fundamentals integrated within Nike Soccer Camps. Make friends and create memories with our team that will last a lifetime!
- Coaching from Beestera Soccer Training staff
- Unique & structured curriculum
- World class residential and soccer training facility
- 10 to 1 camper to coach ratio
- Nike Soccer Camp T-shirt & camp prizes
- Elite technical training & game knowledge development
- Position specific training
- Turf and grass fields
- Newly renovated dorms
- Amazing selection of nutritious meals with the ability to cater to any allergy
- Player's Lounge (FIFA, Ping Pong, Soccer Tennis)
- Game analysis meetings and feedback
- View More Details ⟩
Camp Director Mike Matera
Mike co-founded Beestera Soccer Training in 2015 after graduating from Siena College. Growing up in Trumbull, Connecticut, Mike played at Beachside Academy for six years before being recruited by Siena. At Siena, Mike earned All-Rookie and All-Tournament Team honors while captaining the team...View Mike's Bio ⟩
Mike briefly played professionally for the Western Mass Professional Soccer team in 2014 before turning his attention to the coaching aspect of the game. With a passion for soccer and teaching, Mike began his coaching career by assisting The College of Saint Rose Men's Soccer team and Premier Development Club Reading United AC, winning the 2016 Mid-Atlantic Championship.
From 2017-2019, Mike was the Graduate Assistant Coach at Springfield College in Massachusetts while pursuing his master's degree in Physical Education. Whilst at Springfield, the team won the NEWMAC Conference championship in 2018, and played in the first-round of the NCAA Tournament.
Mike moved back to Albany in June 2019, to work full-time for Beestera.
Coach Josh Binfield
Josh joined Beestera in March 2019. Born and raised in Essex, England until he was eight years old, he moved to Vancouver, Canada for seven years before graduating high school in Buffalo, NY. After high school, Josh attended IMG Academy in Bradenton, Fl. From there he was recruited to play for Manhattan College at the NCAA Division I level. In his Junior year, Josh joined the Manhattan College coaching staff as a player-coach while earning All-MAAC academic honors...View Josh's Bio ⟩
After Manhattan, Josh completed his Master’s Degree in Athletic Administration at the prestigious sporting institute Springfield College. While at Springfield, he conducted research and completed his thesis: “Enhancing Participation and Retention of Female Soccer Players from Low-income, Urban Areas”.
Josh holds a USSF C Coaching License and brings seven years of coaching experience working with both Storm Academy (New York, NY) and GPS Albany.
Josh is currently a Physical Education teacher and Girls Varsity Soccer Coach at Albany High School.
Mental Health Counselor and Mental Performance Coach Powell Cuccheilla
Powell Cucchiella is a Licensed Mental Health Counselor and mental performance coach working with middle school, high school, and college athletes interested in maintaining peak performance. As a former division 1 soccer player at the University of Maryland Baltimore County (UMBC), Powell understands quite well the challenges we face in consistent and confident performanceView Powell's Bio ⟩
Now, nearly 20 years later, Powell has spent countless hours to understand at the deepest level how the mind impacts performance in sport and life, and more importantly, what we can all do to manage and train it. Sessions with Powell are educational, engaging, relevant, and packed with take away practices that can help each athlete with mental and emotional control, mindset, confidence, focus, self-esteem, consistency of achievement, and overall well-being.
Mount Holyoke College has everything an inspiring player could want all in one place. This will be one of the most demanding and fun experiences of a player's life. From the unique technical skills training to the competitive tournament style games, there is no doubt each player will improve in all facets of the game while developing a deeper love for the process of development.
SECURE YOUR SPOT!
Due to local and state regulations, we anticipate having to reduce our enrollment numbers significantly this year. You can expect a high demand on these first-come-first-serve camper spots, so please be sure to register early.
- Dates: July 17-21, 2024 (Sun-Thurs)
- Ages: 10-18
- Gender: Coed
- Specialized Goalkeeper Training: We'll be offering Specialized Goalkeeper Training from 9-11 am, after that the goalkeepers will integrate with the rest of camp and play in goal for scrimmages.
- Options: Overnight and Extended Day
- Extended Day Hours: 9:00am - 9:00pm
- Check-In: Sunday at 3pm. Outside of Mead Hall
- Check Out: Wednesday at 12pm
- Facility: Mount Holyoke College
Goals of Camp: At Beestera Camps we pride ourselves on the holistic development of each camper. Campers will be challenged physically, cognitively, emotionally, and socially in order to give them the most authentic experience possible.
- Physical: Campers will become more competent and consistent in their technical soccer skills in areas such as dribbling, passing, and shooting by the end of the week.
- Cognitive: Campers will become more “soccer literate” and be able to interpret various tactical situations in-game settings more efficiently.
- Emotional: Campers will learn and demonstrate multiple ways to control their emotions while showing qualities such as resilience and perseverance in all activities which will result in higher self-esteem and self-confidence. A Licensed Mental Health Counselor (LMHC) will be on-site for one day to help campers create positive belief systems, introduce relaxation techniques, and maximize peak performance through a variety of tools and exercises.
- Social: Campers will learn to respectfully communicate with others while accepting their culture and individual differences through the use of our sport education curriculum model.
The information below is based on previous years and is subject to change each year. Final housing information for this camp will be provided in the Information Packet, emailed to all campers closer to the camp’s start date.
- Roommates: There will be 2 campers to a room. Rooms are assigned by age & roommate requests. Roommate requests must be mutual, If you don't have a roommate request, you will be placed in a room with someone near your age. It will be a great opportunity to meet someone new!
- Linens: Not provided. Bring linens or sleeping bag, pillow, pillowcase, and a towel
- Air Conditioning: Dorms do NOT have A/C. We recommend bringing a fan.
Check-in Location: Mount Holyoke College
Check out: 12pm
Check-out Location: Mount Holyoke College
Meals: Day 1: Dinner | Days 2: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner | Day 3: Breakfast
EXTENDED DAY INFORMATION
- Day Camp Hours: 9am-9pm (First day from 3-9pm)
- Daily Check-In & Out: Mount Holyoke College
- Meals: Lunch & Dinner is provided for Extended Day Campers
COVID-19 SAFETY & REGULATIONS
*All participants will be required to either be vaccinated and boosted if eligible or receive a negative medically administered covid test within 72 hours of arriving on campus
*All Massachusetts camps must comply with the regulations of the Massachusetts Department of Public Health and be licensed by the local board of health.
In the event campers are not vaccinated either due to medical or religious reasons, they must provide proof of a negative COVID 19 PCR test, administered within 72 hours of arrival at camp.
All campers' parents will be advised to have campers take a COVID 19 test, either PCR or Binax/ Now rapid test 72 hours prior to arrival at camp. Should the test prove positive, campers should not come to camp.
PREPARE FOR CAMP: COMPLETE YOUR PRE-CAMP CHECKLIST
To view your customer account, complete your mandatory forms, pay balance dues, and review important camp information, visit Pre-Camp Checklist.
All necessary camp information is on this page. If there are any imperative changes prior to camp start, registered campers will be notified via email and this webpage will be updated.
WHAT'S INCLUDED IN THE FEE?
- Instruction: Training from the Beestera coaching staff
- Day campers: Lunch and dinner are provided (see meal breakdown below)
- Supervision: Staff members are strategically placed throughout the camp to provide optimal supervision and participate in all activities
- Camp T-shirt & Prizes: All campers receive a Nike Soccer Camps t-shirt and prizes
INSTRUCTION, EQUIPMENT, & FACILITY
- Ratio: Low camper-to-coach ratio
- Groupings: Campers are grouped by age, ability, and experience
- Equipment Needed: All campers must bring soccer cleats, shin guards, athletic shoes, and a water bottle.
- Facility: Mount Holyoke College
- Medical Protocol: Most camps have an athletic trainer on-site to help with illness or injury. In case of an emergency, campers will be transported to the nearest hospital
CHECKLIST OF THINGS TO BRING:
Below is a suggested list of clothes, equipment, and personal items. US Sports Camps is NOT responsible for lost or stolen articles or money.
- Athletic clothing (1-2 pairs/day)
- Soccer Cleats (no metal studs)
- Shin guards
- Water bottle
- Comfortable off-court clothing (pants/shorts, shirts, sweatshirts, 1 pair/day)
- Undergarments (1-2 pair/day)
- Flip flops
- Laundry bag
- Toiletries (shampoo, conditioner, bodywash, facewash, hairbrush, toothbrush, toothpaste, deodorant, etc.)
- Personal items & medications
- Eye mask, ear plugs (optional)
- Washcloth and bath towel
- Alarm clock
- Fan (optional)
- Comforter or sleeping bag
- Pillow and pillowcase
- Athletic clothing
- Soccer Cleats (no metal studs)
- Shin guards
- Water bottle
- Packed lunch and snacks (optional)
- Small gym bag/backpack
Nike Soccer Camp Balls can be purchased during registration. Players can choose between a size 4 or size 5 ball, which will be passed out on the first day of camp. Please note that it is not required to bring a soccer ball to camp as they are provided by the staff for camp instruction.
If you have a group of 4 or more campers registering for the same camp, each camper is eligible for a $25 discount. If you have a group of 8 or more campers registering for the same camp, each camper is eligible for a $30 discount. Please fill out the Team Discount - Soccer form with the name of your group and the names of each camper enrolling in the camp and we will create a unique discount code for your group.
Transportation is not provided. Campers are responsible for getting to and from camp on their own. There is no supervision before or after camp hours so please make arrangements to pick up your child on time.
Most camps have an athletic trainer on-site to help with illness or injury. In case of an emergency, campers will be transported to the nearest hospital.
For information regarding our cancellation policy and all other company policies, please visit USSC Policies.
NIKE SOCCER CAMP FAQ
For general questions about our soccer camps please see our FAQ page.
***Camps are open to any and all entrants. Enrollment in our camps is limited only by age, gender, and capacity restrictions as specified by each camp
WANT MORE DETAILS?
Click the orange button below to view program descriptions, schedules, housing, and more.Show Less See More Camp Details
Sample Day Time Schedule
- 7:00 am Morning run or workout
- 8:00 am Breakfast
- 9:00 am Technical skill development
- 11:00 am Small sided games
- 12:00 pm Lunch
- 1:00 pm Afternoon meeting (video analysis, soccer psychology, health, etc)
- 2:30 pm Position specific training
- 4:00 pm On field tactical session
- 5:00 pm Dinner
- 6:30 pm Tournament games
- 8:30 pm Full camp night activity (snack, soccer tennis, trivia, etc)
- 10:00 pm Lights out
August 3, 2023: The tournaments (soccer tennis and World cup) were my son's favorite. Director Mike Matera is amazing at fostering well rounded players, focusing on not only soccer skills but also on their breathing, mental state and responsibilities to their team and coach.
August 6, 2022: The relationships and that were formed and teaching my son to push past boundaries that have made him uncomfortable
August 7, 2023: Henry got so much better and he loved the coaches. This was an amazing experience!
August 6, 2022: The overall experience my child had. She loved the coaches!
August 3, 2023: long days on the field - building skills and having fun
SECURE YOUR SPOT – CAMPS SELL OUT!
Last year over 650 Sports Camps sold out, leaving 7,000+ campers on the waitlist. Due to high demand, early registration for our first-come-first-serve camps is strongly recommended.