Nike Softball Camp Amherst College
Improve your game and have serious fun
at Nike Softball Camps
Nike Softball Camps at Amherst College will be a memorable experience for athletes of all abilities. This softball camp provides the ideal environment to improve your skills, make new friends, and have fun! Campers attending the Amherst College Nike Softball Camp are guaranteed to leave camp with new hitting and fielding tools!
*Amherst College no longer requires the COVID-19 vaccine for campers. However, the College strongly recommends that all community members follow CDC guidelines for COVID-19 vaccination, including being up-to-date on COVID-19 vaccines and booster doses.
- Nike Sports Camp T-Shirt, Wristband, Sticker, and Potentially Other Prizes!
- Professional Instruction from Coaching Staff
- Daily Emphasis on Fundamental Development and Team Play
- Three Sessions of Softball Drills and Fun Games Every Day!
- Players Grouped by Age and Ability
- Excellent Residential, Dining and Training Facilities
- View More Details ⟩
Camp Director Will Loredo
William Loredo joins the Amherst College softball program from Henderson, Nevada where he was an assistant softball coach with the College of Southern Nevada, At Southern Neveda, Loredo was responsible with the player development of the Coyote catchers. Prior to CSN, he was with the Claremont-Mudd-Scripps softball program from 2018-2020 as the outfield coach and the associate offensive coordinator. He helped coach the Athena’s to 31 wins and their highest-ever national ranking (No. 5) in his first season while being recognized as SCIAC Coaching Staff of the Year.View Will's Bio ⟩
Prior to that, Loredo spent five seasons coaching at local softball powerhouse Grand Terrace HS in Southern California. Grand Terrace won a state championship in 2016.
Coach Loredo has multiple years coaching within highly competitive travel baseball and softball organizations, as well as coaching professionally in Germany and as a consultant with the German 19U National Softball Team. His coaching experience has allowed him to coach and teach players from all levels, high school, travel, college and the MLB.
Loredo graduated from Arizona State University with a bachelor of arts degree in business administration and has studied kinesiology at San Bernardino Valley College. His college baseball career started at Cal State San Bernardino before transferring to Glendale Community College in Arizona and ending his playing career with the Sun Devils.
Loredo's experience extends to providing on-field instruction as a hitting and defense coach, managing aspects of offense, and coaching third base. He brings experience with fundraising, practice planning, recruiting, and scouting, as well as teaching strength and conditioning.
Outside of coaching, Loredo enjoys spending time with his family and traveling.
Instruction will focus primarily on hitting, position fielding, base-running, and game situations. In addition, pitchers will have the opportunity to work with pitching instructors. You can expect high demand on these first-come-first-serve camper spots, so please be sure to register early.
Please note: The following information may be subject to change.
THIS PROGRAM HAS CONCLUDED FOR THE SEASON. PLEASE JOIN OUR PRIORITY LIST TO BE NOTIFIED WHEN THIS PROGRAM IS AVAILABLE FOR REGISTRATION.
- Age Group: 9-18
- Gender: Girls
- Camp Types: Overnight, Day Camp (9:00am-3:00pm)
- Meals: All meals are provided for overnight campers. Lunch will be provided for Day Campers.
2023 CAMP TIMES
- Check-in: 1:00pm-2:00pm on Sunday for all campers at North Hall.
- Check-out: Final games will begin at 10:30am. Graduation takes place at 11:30am on Wednesday. Parents are invited to attend. Check-out will take place immediately after.
- Day Camper Schedule: Sunday 1:00pm-8:30pm, Monday-Tuesday 9:00am-3:00pm, Wednesday 9:00am-12:00pm
- If you're checking in late, other options for arrival on day #1 are 5:30pm-7:00pm or after 8:45pm
- Dorm: North Hall
- Campers Per Room: 2 per room
- Roommates: Rooms are assigned by age & roommate requests. Roommate requests must be received no later than 14 days before the start of camp. If you don't have a roommate request, you will be placed in a room with someone near your age. It will be a great opportunity to meet someone new!
- Linens: Not included. Bring linens or sleeping bag, pillow, pillowcase, and a towel.
- Air Conditioning: No. We recommend brining a fan.
- Room Key Deposit: $60 Check made out to Amherst College
WHAT'S INCLUDED IN THE FEE?
- Daily Softball Instruction
- Supervision: Campers are supervised by staff during camp hours
- Nike Sports Camp T-Shirt, Wristband, Sticker, and Potentially Other Prizes!
INSTRUCTION & FACILITY
Ratio: 1:10 staff to camper ratio
Groupings: Campers are initially grouped by age and moved around accordingly based on skill level.
Facility: Outdoor Fields. Indoor facilities are available during inclement weather conditions.
PREPARE FOR CAMP: COMPLETE YOUR PRE-CAMP CHECKLIST
To view your customer account, complete your mandatory forms, pay balance dues, and review important camp information, visit Pre-Camp Checklist.
All necessary camp information is on this page. If there are any imperative changes prior to camp start, registered campers will be notified via email and this webpage will be updated!
CHECKLIST OF THINGS TO BRING:
Below is a suggested list of clothes, equipment and personal items. US Sports Camps is NOT responsible for lost or stolen articles or money.
Small gym bag/backpack
Athletic clothing: t-shirt, shorts, softball pants (recommended)
Cleats & sneakers
Catchers gear (if applicable)
OVERNIGHT CAMPERS ONLY:
Athletic clothing mentioned above
Comfortable off-field clothing: pants, shorts, shirts, sweatshirts
Personal items & medications
Washcloth and bath towel
Pillow, pillowcase, bed sheets, comforter or sleeping bag
Room Key Deposit: $60 Check made out to Amherst College
Most camps have an athletic trainer on-site to help with illness or injury. In case of an emergency, campers will be transported to the nearest hospital.
Nike Softball Camps does not provide transportation from airports, train stations or bus depots. If you have a child flying to camp, please arrange a shuttle or taxi service.
If you have a group of campers registering for the same camp, each camper is eligible for a discount. Please have someone contact the US Sports Camps office at 1-800-645-3226 with the names of each camper in the group and we will create a unique discount code for your group. Campers may then register individually through the website at their convenience and apply the offer code during checkout. *Discount amount varies by program. Please call for details.
For information regarding our cancellation policy and all other company policies, please visit USSC Policies.
NIKE SOFTBALL CAMP FAQ
For general questions about our softball camps please see our FAQ page.
*Per Amherst College policy, all members of the community, including summer programs guests, are required to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 – this means all doses in the primary series as well as one booster. If/as new vaccines become available, this requirement will be updated. The only exceptions are those granted on medical or religious grounds. Please note, these policies are subject to change.Show Less See More Camp Details
Camps are open to any and all entrants, limited only by number, age, grade level and/or gender.
Sample Daily Schedule
- 7:00am Wake Up
- 7:15am Breakfast (Overnight Campers)
- 8:45am Day Campers Arrive/Warm-up/throwing and fielding mechanics
- 9:00am Group Training Drills and Contests
- 10:15am Defensive Position Training
- 11:15am Lunch
- 12:00pm Free time
- 12:45pm Varsity talks
- 1:00pm Offensive and Skill Station Circuit Training
- 3:00pm Day Campers Depart
- 4:00pm Free time/swim
- 5:00pm Dinner/free time
- 7:00pm Games and activities
- 10:30pm Lights out!
Amherst Softball Field
Home of the Mammoths’ softball program, the Amherst Softball Field underwent a major renovation before the 2018 season. One of the premier facilities in New England, the space includes two batting cages, home and visitor bullpens, and bleachers both behind the backstop and down the first base line.
She had an amazing time and a lot of fun!
Olympics, working on skills with good friends and a great team coach.
— Parent of Attendee from This Camp in 2022
SECURE YOUR SPOT – CAMPS SELL OUT!
Last year over 650 Sports Camps sold out, leaving 7,000+ campers on the waitlist. Due to high demand, early registration for our first-come-first-serve camps is strongly recommended.