ELS Nike Pro Sports Basketball Camp Caldwell University
Average Rating 4.86 / 5
Improve your game and have serious fun
at Nike Basketball Camps
Located 40 minutes from NYC, this Nike Pro Sports Basketball Camp offers a fun and challenging basketball experience where International campers can improve their shooting, passing, dribbling, rebounding and defensive skills along with their English skills.
Basketball and English are the two primary languages spoken here. Campers will work on developing their fundamental skills, basketball IQ and play a ton of basketball! Fun is always in the mix as evening games and scrimmages build camaraderie and competition.
- Players Ages 9 – 18 Welcome
- International campers live and train with American players from around the country.
- Daily basketball skills, skill contests and full-court games
- ELS Language sessions focus on building English conversational skills
- Fun off-campus activities include trip to NYC, amusement parks, shopping and local sporting events
- Airport meet and greet available at JFK or Newark Airport
- LECTURES - Lectures are given on the fundamentals of the game, covering nutrition, the mental side of the game and what it takes to play at the next level.
- INSTRUCTIONAL GAMES - Coaches interact with players during the games to instruct them on tactics and strategies.
- View More Details ⟩
Camp Director Ken Webb
Ken Webb, Head Basketball coach at the Professional Sports Basketball Camp at Caldwell University, was an All-American at Fairleigh Dickinson University, and was drafted by the New Jersey Nets. He played professional basketball in Europe for 12 years (Venezuela, Qatar and Portugal); 16 season as head coach in Europe (Portugal, Denmark, Iceland and Norway.)View Ken Webb's Bio ⟩
Ken has been the head coach for the Professional Sports Basketball Camp for the past 26 years and looks forward to helping you take your game to the next level.
About Professional Sports Basketball Camps
We operate with the same principles that have made us successful for the past 64 years: 1) hire a qualified, professional, and experienced staff of knowledgeable basketball coaches, 2) work hard to help every camper improve his/her skills, 3) offer the personal touch that enables each and every camper to enjoy his/her stay, and 4) stay committed to the youth of America as a person, as well as, an athlete.
Experience is very important when choosing a camp for your child. You will not find a basketball camp with more experience than the Professional Basketball Camp. Rest assured we will do all we can to make sure each and every camper has both a beneficial and enjoyable stay at our camp.
All Inclusive Tuition
The prices listed below include all Nike Pro Sport Basketball Training, ELS Language instruction, on-campus housing, 3 meals a day, weekend stayover (s), and weekend activities. There is also a meet and greet pickup and drop off service for both Newark and JFK airport.
ELS Language Classes
Gain confidence in your conversational English skills. Classes focus on communication skills with their new friends at camp and on the courts. All levels welcome. Campers are evaluated at the first class and group according to skill. Beginner, Intermediate, and Advanced level groups. General English practice with professional ELS Instructors. Three, 50-minute lessons per day, Monday – Thursday (see detailed sample schedule under More Details.)Show Less See More Camp Details
Check In & Check Out
- Check-in is on the first date of camp - Sunday from 12-2 PM at the Mother Joseph Dorm. (Note: International campers are free to arrive any time on Sunday.)
- Campers are not encouraged to arrive early (on Saturday) because the entire staff and campers are off-campus until about 10PM. However, If you must arrive earlier, just let us know - we will make arrangements for your child to be met and brought back to the dorms. We will have staff available to supervise, but no activities will be provided on this arrival day. Early arrival fees are $125.
Registering Online or Submit a PDF Application
- Choose a session below that you'd like to attend, or download an Nike Sport Camp application and email it to email@example.com
Accommodation & Roommates
- College Dorm Room. 2 campers to 1 room with shared bathroom down the hall. American roommate maybe requested, but is not guaranteed.
Linens and Laundry
- Bed sheets, pillow, and towel provided. Onsite facilities available. $2.50/wash and dry.
- Breakfast, lunch, and dinner are included everyday expect check-in and check-out days.
- Dietary restrictions can be accommodated if alerted before camp.
Multi-Week Camp Activities
- Evening basketball session Monday – Wednesday.
- Thursday evening, Ice cream/free recreational activity or trip to NYC (small group driving tour - 1x during camp stay).
- Friday and Saturday are excursion days where trips are planned. See attached calendar.
Round-trip airport transfers provided from JFK or Newark Airports. Provide flight itinerary when registering or at least 3 weeks prior to camp start date.
Unaccompanied Minor Services
Nike Sports Camps will provide a greeter at the airport if your campers is flying to camp with an unaccompanied minor plane ticket. Typically the airlines require the greeter's details such as name, driver's license number, phone number, and address. Nike Sports Camps will not have this information until the week before your child arrives at camp. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to collect all information one week before your child comes to camp to avoid any hassle or extra wait time fees at the airline.
For an additional $60, add supplemental health coverage. On-site school nursed and trainers available for on-site injuries. You must be medically insured while at camp. If your health insurance will not cover you while in America, you must find alternative coverage whether that is the one US Sports Camps provides or otherwise.
Wi-Fi & Communication
Wi-Fi access in common areas and dorm rooms available to campers. Camp office provides computer access for Skype and Email.
Suggested $100/week for spending money.
A detailed camper welcome packet containing health & release forms, emergency contact info, and a packing list will be emailed to all registered campers in Spring 2016. Our health and release forms require a doctor's signature and will be collected on the first day of camp. International campers must have health insurance valid in the US in order to attend camps.
Sample Daily Schedule
- 8:30am Breakfast
- 8:45am Instructional Session - Drills
- 10:00am Break
- 10:15am Instructional Session - Drills/Lecture
- 11:30am Lunch and rest
- 1:00pm - 3:30pm ELS Language classes or Basketball Instruction for those not doing ELS classes
- 3:30pm Recreational Free Time
- 4:45pm Dinner
- 6:00pm Games. lectures and instruction
- 10:15pm Campers to rooms - Lights out
Located in the picturesque town of Caldwell, New Jersey, Caldwell was recently voted the third best place to live in all of New Jersey by New Jersey Monthly Magazine.Campers train at the George R. Newman Center which officially opened on the campus of Caldwell University in June 2002. This 60,000 square-foot, state-of-the-art facility will be home to the offices of the Department of Athletics and features a 1,600 seat basketball arena, a fitness center with all the health club amenities, team and general locker rooms, aerobic room, a suspended track, meeting and game rooms and the College Bookstore.
Camp ReviewsSubmit a review
Really Enjoyed My Stay!
This was the first time I went to the US and I really wanted to get better at playing basketball. I had a blast and my dad was happy that I also improved my English.
— Camper Overnight
Language classes were fun!
All I can say is this camp is fun! The coaches were great and it was fun meeting kids from all over the place. Weekends were a blast and I got to buy some cool stuff at the outlet mall we visited. The language classes were really fun and I looked forward to going each day. (really!) I had been studying English back home, but this helped me feel better about talking with the other campers and making sure I was saying the right things.
— Camper Overnight
Coaches were professional
All of the coaches were nice and professional and took the time to answer questions from the campers as well as the parents. My son really got better. He was able to make a fall club team and he is more excited about basketball than ever - he will likely attend a Nike basketball camp again next summer. Thank you.
— Camper Parent Overnight Camper
Get to know the cutlure of other places
You get to know the culture of other places around the world. I made friends with kids from New Jersey, Japan and Saudi Arabia. Where else can you do that? The basketball was great, and the coaches so focused on helping you get better.
— International student from Italy
Ken Webb is inspirational
This camp has everything a great basketball camp should have! Ken Webb is inspirational with his "fundamentals first" approach. He made me committed again to basketball and showed me what I was capable of as a player.
— Camper from Saudi Arabia
Improved my English Speaking
I actually improved my English speaking ability too while at camp. There were kids from all over the place and we talked a lot in classes and of course on the courts. I got to be friends with kids from New Jersey and Florida and I learned how to be a better basketball player. I asked my dad to please let me go again next summer!
— International Camper from France
This is a great program. You work on defense, rebounding, layups, shooting positions and every station taught me something new. The kids are so friendly and the coaches so focused, you can't help but have fun and get better at basketball.
— International Camper
Camp Dates & Prices
This program has concluded for the season.
Please Join our email list to be notified when this program is available for registration.