Welcome to the 2015 ELS and Nike Basketball program at Caldwell College. These special multi-week programs are designed to improve both your basketball and English skills.
A camper's favorite, this Nike basketball camp offers daily basketball training sessions (Sunday-Thursday) guaranteed to improve your shooting, passing, dribbling, rebounding and defensive skills. Located in Caldwell, New Jersey, this camp is also close to JFK airport and the price includes airport transportation to and from camp.
While campers will live and breathe Basketball at Caldwell, campers also have the opportunity to add ELS language classes to their program to improve not only their hardwood skills but their English as well. Fun is always in the mix as evening games and team scrimmages build comraderie and competition. Weekend programs allow international campers the chance to see and explore the nearby sites including the iconic landmarks of New York as well as enjoy local water and amusement parks and experience classic outlet shopping malls.
Directing the camp is Ken Webb. Coach Webb was an All American D-1 Collegiate player at Fairleigh Dickinson and was drafted by the New Jersey Nets. He played professionally both in the US and in Europe for 16 years. He now coaches professionally in Denmark when not coaching at Caldwell. His approach to basketball camp is simple - work hard on the fundamentals and your game can only IMPROVE!
- DRILLS - Drills are used to teach campers the skills necessary to succeed and the notion of teamwork.
- STATIONS - When performing stations, campers will be broken down to no more than 10-15 campers per basket. At each basket is one or more of our professional coaches. Each station will last approximately 20 minutes. During this time a specific aspect of the game will be covered, for example, rebounding, dribbling, foul shooting, etc.
- LECTURES - Lectures are given on the fundamentals of the game. Remember it is through the proper execution of fundamentals that you will become a good basketball player.
- INSTRUCTIONAL GAMES - We want every moment of the week to be a learning experience for every camper. It is for this reason that during games, if a camper makes a mistake or does not execute properly, one of our coaches will show him/her what he/she did wrong and how to do it right. It’s another way of instructing our campers, and leaves them more knowledgeable and improved in their skills.
- Afternoon ELS Language program runs Monday through Thursday (12-50 minute lessons per week) and offers campers the chance to improve their English speaking skills and confidence
- Fun evening and weekend camp activities that include trips to NYC, shopping excursions, visits to water parks and amusement parks and more!
- Transportation to all activities and airport transfers.
Dates & Prices