More Important Camp Details
All Inclusive Tuition
The prices listed below include all Nike Pro Sport Basketball Training, ELS Language instruction, on-campus housing, 3 meals a day, weekend stayover (s), and weekend activities. There is also a meet and gree pickup and drop off service for both Newark and JFK airport.
Nike Basketball Camp Philosophy
Play the sport you love and get better this summer with our excellent Nike Basketball Camp staff of collegiate athletes and veteran coaches. On the first day campers are evaluated on the courts and placed into smaller groups based on their age and ability. Train for 20+ hours each week. All skill levels welcome. 8:1 athlete, coach ratio. Training includes everything from fundamental skill enhancement through drills, scrimmages, and full court play, as well as court visualization and team communication training.
ELS Language Classes
Gain confidence in your conversational English skills. Classes focus on communication skills with their new friends at camp and on the courts. All levels welcome. Campers are evaluated at the first class and group according to skill. Beginner, Intermediate, and Advanced level groups. General English practice with professional ELS Instructors. Ten 50-minute lessons per week. Monday – Friday afternoons (see detailed sample schedule under More Details.)
Check In & Check Out
- Check-in is on the first date of camp - Sunday from 1-3PM at the Mother Teresa Dorm on Campus. International campers are free to arrive any time on Sunday. You will not miss any instruction.
- Campers are not encouraged to arrive early (on Saturday) because the entire staff and campers are off-campus until about 10PM. However, If you must arrive earlier, just let us know - we will make arrangements for your child to be met and brought back to the dorms. We will have staff available to supervise, but no activities will be provided on this arrival day. Early arrival fees are $150.
Registering Online or Submit a PDF Application
- Choose a session below that you'd like to attend, or download an Nike Sport Camp application and email it to email@example.com
Accommodation & Roommates
- College Dorm Room. 2 campers to 1 room with shared bathroom down the hall. American roommate maybe requested, but is not guaranteed.
Linens and Laundry
- Bed sheets, pillow, and towel provided. Onsite facilities available. $2.50/wash and dry.
- Breakfast, lunch, and dinner are included everyday expect check-in and check-out days.
- Dietary restrictions can be accommodated if alerted before camp.
Multi-Week Camp Activities
- Evening basketball session Monday – Wednesday.
- Thursday nights, Ice . Friday and Saturday are excursion days where trips are planned.
Weekends & Trips
Explore New York! Weekend activities provided for weekend campers to enjoy new friends, see new sites, and practice their English! See attached calendar.
Round-trip airport transfers provided from JFK or Newark Airports. Provide flight itinerary when registering or at least 3 weeks prior to camp start date.
Unaccompanied Minor Services
Nike Sports Camps will provide a greeter at the airport if your campers is flying to camp with an unaccompanied minor plane ticket. Typically the airlines require the greeter's details such as name, driver's license number, phone number, and address. Nike Sports Camps will not have this information until the week before your child arrives at camp. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to collect all information one week before your child comes to camp to avoid any hassle or extra wait time fees at the airline.
For an additional $60, add supplemental health coverage. On-site school nursed and trainers available for on-site injuries. You must be medically insured while at camp. If your health insurance will not cover you while in America, you must find alternative coverage whether that is the one US Sports Camps provides or otherwise.
Wi-Fi & Communication
Wi-Fi access in common areas and dorm rooms available to campers. Camp office provides computer access for Skype and Email.
Suggested $100/week for spending money.
A detailed camper welcome packet containing health & release forms, emergency contact info, and a packing list will be emailed to all registered campers in Spring 2016. Our health and release forms require a doctor's signature and will be collected on the first day of camp. International campers must have health insurance valid in the US in order to attend camps.
Located in the picturesque town of Caldwell, New Jersey, Caldwell was recently voted the third best place to live in all of New Jersey by New Jersey Monthly Magazine.Campers train at the George R. Newman Center which officially opened on the campus of Caldwell College in June 2002. This 60,000 square-foot, state-of-the-art facility will be home to the offices of the Department of Athletics and features a 1,600 seat basketball arena, a fitness center with all the health club amenities, team and general locker rooms, aerobic room, a suspended track, meeting and game rooms and the College Bookstore.
Sample Daily Schedule
- 8:30am - 8:45am Breakfast
- 8:45am - 10:00am Basketball Training – Warm Up and Drills
- 10:00am - 10:15am Break
- 10:15am - 11:30am Basketball Training – Drills in Small Groups
- 11:30am - 1:00pm Lunch and rest
- 1:00pm - 2:30pm ELS Language Classes or Basketball Training (for International Campers doing basketball only)
- 2:45pm - 3:00pm Break
- 3:00pm - 5:00pm Basketball Training; scrimmages, full court play, competitions
- 5:00pm - 7:00pm Back to Rooms; shower, rest, free time, and dinner
- 7:15pm - 9:00pm Games. lectures and instruction
- 10:15pm Campers to rooms - Lights out