Program dates: There are 7 consecutive sessions during the summer of 2014. The first session starts on June 22. The last session begins on August 3 and ends on August 7. Camper may choose to combine any combination of sessions during this time frame. Session runs from Sunday to Thursday. Weekend programs bridge the sessions together.
Airport transfers are included with all sport and langauge programs. Campers will be met at the airport by licensed transportation staff.
Check-in & Check-out
Camp Check-in - 13:00-15:00 Sunday
Camp Check-out - sessions end on Thursday at 16:00
In 2014 we are offering seven weeks of Nike Basketball Camp at Caldwell. Camper can choose a combined sport and language program or a sport only program. If you choose the combined sport and language program, language classes will be offered daily Monday through Thursday from 1-4PM and will be provided by ELS directly on the Caldwell College Campus. These are specifically designed camp programs just for international campers wanting to improve their language skills. ELS language instruction/material fees, basketball skills instruction, housing/meals, weekend activites and round-trip airport pickup are included.
Designed for students 9-18, the language program is combined with a sport as ½ language, ½ day sport program. Campers receive 15 lessons per week followed by fun afternoon activities or sport training. The end result of this unique sport and language program is to enable campers to speak English more confidently, make new American Friends and get better at the sport they love!
How does the program work?
Campers can choose the number of weeks they want to participate - up to seven weeks! A sample daily schedule is below. Just choose the weeks you want to attend and register. It's just that easy. Everything is included, except camper spending money - we suggest $100 per week. Campers only need to bring their enthusiasm, a willingness to learn, and a desire to have fun and meet lots of new friends!
Logistics and Travel
Designated Airport: John F. Kennedy International Airport or Newark Liberty International Airport
Travel: International campers must complete a travel form in order to guarantee pick up at the airport. Travel forms will be included in your camp registration package which will be availabl in Mid May. Please note, Parents should plan their children's international flights home with extra time provided to get to the airport after a camp session. Except for the August 3rd session (which is the last session), campers may elect to add an additional night or a full weekend after camp, to accomodate international flight schedules. There is a charge of $125 for each additional night. This charge includes meals.
Early arrivals & late departures: There is a $125 fee per day to accommodate campers arriving early or staying beyond the final day of their registered session. This fee includes housing and meals. Please note that our camp staff cannot receive early campers prior to Sunday, June 22 (the first day of our first session), nor may campers stay past Thursday, August 7 (the final day of our last session). You should be aware that the airlines may charge an additional fee for unaccompanied minors (usually ages 14 or below). Check with the appropriate airlines as fees and regulations vary.
Weekend Programs are included in your tuition and include any activity fees for weekend excursions and transportation. Weekend program begins after the last basketball training session on Thursday afternoon (16:00) and end when the new camp session begins on Sunday at 13:00
For a detailed calendar of the Evening/Weekend Activity Schedule, click here.
Instruction will be provided by ELS a leader in international education. Students in this program will improve all core English skills: speaking, listening, reading, writing and grammar. Classes are communicative in nature and offer planty of opportunities for speaking practice. We offer 3 language sessions per day (50 minutes each). Language starts at (1:00 pm and ends at 4:00 pm)
A detailed camper registration packet containing check in location, health/release forms, emergency contact info, and a list of things to bring will be emailed to all registered campers in the Spring. Our health and release forms do not require a doctor's signature and they will be collected on the first day of camp. International camper must have health insurance valid in the US in order to attend camps.
Local Accommodations for Parents
For parents who are traveling with their kids from out of town and need a place to stay near camp, we recommend the Wilshire Grand Hotel. Please call 973-731-7007 or Click Here to reserve your room.
• Safety: 24-hour supervision is an important feature of every Pro Sports Basketball Camp. Staff members reside in campers’ quarters and participate in all activities.
• Medical Staff: Trainer on call at all time
• Instruction: 8:1 camper to coach ratio during basketball instruction. Language class size is 15 students. Supervision ratio during all activities is 10:1 student to staff ratio.
• Recommended Spending Money: $100 per week
• Housing: Standard-style dorms on campus. Campers stay 2 to a room. Genders separated by floor.
• All-inclusive tuition: Covers language instruction, sport instruction, housing, meals, roundtrip airport transfers, weekend stayover(s), activities and supplemental health insurance.
• Registration Packet: A detailed camper registration packet containing check-in location, health & release forms, emergency contact info, and a packing list will be emailed to all registered campers in spring 2014.
Located in the picturesque town of Caldwell, New Jersey, Caldwell was recently voted the third best place to live in all of New Jersey by New Jersey Monthly Magazine.
Campers train at the George R. Newman Center which officially opened on the campus of Caldwell College in June 2002. This 60,000 square-foot, state-of-the-art facility will be home to the offices of the Department of Athletics and features a 1,600 seat basketball arena, a fitness center with all the health club amenities, team and general locker rooms, aerobic room, a suspended track, meeting and game rooms and the College Bookstore.
Sample Daily Schedule
- Check-in Day (Sunday) Camp Check-in 13:00-22:00 Arrive in the US - pick up at John F. Kennedy or Newark Liberty International Airport - Welcome, Sport Evaluation, Dinner and 1st Basketball training
- Daily Schedule
- 7:30-8:15 Breakfast
- 8:30 Campers to Gym - Stretching and Warm-up
- 8:45-10:15 Basketball Training - Passing, Shooting, Court Positioning
- 10:15 Break
- 10:30-12:00 Basketball Training - Tactical Game Skills
- 12:00-13:00 Lunch
- 13:00-15:00 ELS Language Classes - Grammar, Listening discussion, vocabulary, reading
- 16:00 -17:00 ELS Language Classes - Conversational Activities, writing, music
- 17:00-18:00 Dinner
- 18:00-19:00 Free Time
- 19:00-21:00 Basketball Scrimmage and League Play
- 21:00-22:00 Games, Rec Room, Contests
- 22:30 Campers to rooms - Lights out