Contact Football Camp Sam Houston State University Huntsville, Texas
Contact Football Camps is pleased to announce that they will be running three Texas locations for the summer of 2014 and Contact Football Camp at Sam Houston State University is one of them! Don't miss this opportunity to learn from awesome coaches and improve your game!
Come train with some of the Sam Houston State University football coaching staff!
- Individual Camp ages 8-18
- Grouping by age, weight and ability
- Contact Drills and Scrimmages
- Great exposure to college coaches
- Daily training to develop speed, strength and agility
Contact Football Campers will train at Pritchett Field, one of the university's most historic spots at Sam Houston State University. Named for the late Joseph Pritchett, a professor for 42 years and Dean of Men at Sam Houston, Pritchett Field was the site of the university's earliest athletic competitions.The SHNI football team, nicknamed the Normals, played their first game at Pritchett Field on October 6, 1912, losing to Rice 20-6, the first football contest played by either school.Meet your coaching staff
Sample Daily Schedule
- Day 1
- 8:45 a.m. Clinic Campers Check In Only
- 12:30 p.m. All Skills Camp Check In/Orientation/Rules
- Days 2-4
- 7:15 a.m. Stretch/Run
- 7:30 a.m. Breakfast
- 9:00 a.m. Practice #1, Offense Emphasis
- 11:30 a.m. Lunch/Free Time
- 2:00 p.m. Practice #2, Defense Emphasis
- 4:00 p.m. Day Campers Depart
- 4:30 p.m. Dinner/Free Time
- 6:45 p.m. Practice #3, Competition
- 8:15 p.m. Evening Activities, Meetings, Speakers
- 9:00 p.m. Extended Day Campers Depart
- 10:00 p.m. Lights Out
- Day 5
- 7:15 a.m. Stretch/Run
- 7:30 a.m. Breakfast, Warm Up, Drill ReCap
- 9:00 a.m. Games
- 12:00 p.m. Camp Check Out
Includes all footbball activities, dinner on Monday, and lunch Tuesday-Thursday. Day campers will be picked up at 4:00 p.m.
Extended Day Camp
Includes all football and night activities, dinner on Monday, lunch and dinner Tuesday-Thursday. Extended day campers will be picked up at 9:00 p.m.
Includes all football and night activities, all meals from dinner on Monday to breakfast on Friday, and double room occupancy in the dorms.
A detailed camper registration packet containing check in location, health/release forms, emergency contact numbers, and a checklist of things to bring will be emailed to all registered campers in the Spring. The US Sports Camps health and release forms do not require a doctor's signature and they will be collected on the first day of camp.