Camp Program Offerings
2015 Programs by Week
June 14-19 (All Skills)
June 21-26 (All Skills & Tournament Training)
June 28-July 3 (All Skills & Tournament Training)
July 5-10 (All Skills & Tournament Training)
July 12-17 (All Skills & Tournament Training)
July 19-24 (All Skills)
July 19-31 (High School Only College Tour)
July 26-31 (High School Only)
August 2-7 (All Skills & High School)
All Skills Program
All sessions are open to players of all abilities, unless otherwise noted. The All Skills program is designed for tennis players of any skill level and background. Campers will learn fundamentals and improve upon their game. Upon arrival, all participants are evaluated by the staff so that their own instructional needs can be addressed throughout the week.
High School Program
The High School Program is provided for players ages 13-18 currently on their high school team and wanting to move up the ladder or those planning on making the high school team.
College Tour Program for High School Players (2 weeks | July 19 - 31, 2015)
This year we are offering an exciting way for high school (ages 13-18) players to experience two separate beautiful college campuses, while working on their tennis game and making new friends. Campers will check-in and spend the first week at Williams College and then be transported by bus after the first week to Amherst College, where they will spend the duration of their time. Campers may also choose to sign up for each week separartely and not stay over during the weekend.
Tournament Training Program
The Tournament Training Program is geared towards tournament level and ranked players looking to improve their tournament results, learn winning strategies, and work on mental toughness. Click the link for information about the Nike Tennis Tournament Training Camp at Amherst College.
- Overnight campers check in on Sunday from 1:00-2:00pm at the dorms.
- Day and Extended Day campers check in from 1:30-2:00pm.
- Day and Extended Day Campers will depart the first day at 9:00pm after dinner and evening activities.
- Graduation: All campers: 12:00 noon Friday at the dorms. Parents are invited to attend!
- Check-out immediately follows Graduation.
Day & Extended Day Camper Schedule
- Sunday: Day and Extended Day Campers arrive at 1:30pm and depart at 9:00pm.
- Monday-Thursday: Day campers arrive at 9:00am and depart at 5:00pm. Extended Day campers arrive at 9:00am and depart at 9:00pm.
- Friday: All campers have a graduation at 12:00pm. Check-out is immediately after Graduation.
Campers will play on the 28 hard and clay courts on campus. Indoor courts are also available on campus in the event of rain. The camp has use of the Amherst College athletic fields, swimming pools and gymnasiums for off court training and activities.
2015: Dorms TBD | 2014: Campers reside in the ideally situated Moore dormitories equipped with TV lounges and WiFi. The entire camp resident staff, including the Director, live in the dormitory with the campers, providing safety and security 24 hours a day. Roommates: 2 per room (some triples may be available) based on requests and then by age and gender. There is no A/C in the dorms, but they don't get too hot. Campers may bring fans.
All meals are included for overnight campers. Lunch and dinner are provided for all Extended Day campers. Lunch is provided for all Day campers. Meals start with dinner on the first day and end with breakfast on the last day. Meals will be served at the award winning Valentine cafeteria. This air conditioned venue serves an excellent “all you can eat” variety of health hot and cold meals. This all you can eat cafeteria includes a full service salad bar with fresh fruits and vegetables, a large variety pizza bar, a dessert bar including ice cream "soft serve," cookies, and cakes, with drinks such as juice, milk, soda, athletic drinks, coffee and tea.
Off Court Activities
At Nike/Amherst, we take social activities serious. Activities include: Supervised trips to Amherst town center with its fun shops & restaurants, movie night at the local mall, pool and pizza party night, camp dance featuring professional DJ, team skits and “ice breaker” activities.
* We are also offering the SAT Prep as a alternative to evening activities on Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday evenings during the Amherst HIGH SCHOOL WEEKS (ONLY). The SAT prep will run about 2-2.5 hours a night and be held on campus. This program will only be offered during the high school week. It will be taught by a certified SAT prep teacher from Yale. There is no cost to participate; it will take the place of an evening activity.
Multiple week campers that elect to stay over the weekend will participate in organized “off campus” trips including fun parks, mini golf, bowling and the mall. Campers are supervised by camp staff throughout the entire weekend. Cost: $250/weekend.
International Camper Options
International campers seeking a Sport and Language program can find a list of camp sessions and a detailed description of our new programs by clicking this link. International campers seeking a Sport Only program, a multi-week sport camp experience, can easily combine any of our individual Tennis Camp sessions together with a weekend stay over to create the right camp program to fit your needs!
Nike Tennis Camp does not provide any transportation to/from camp from airport, train stations or bus depots. If you fly into camp, we recommend that you fly into Logan Airport. Airport transfers to Amherst College can be arranged through World Sports Camp by calling Adam Shand at 401-608-2605 or by emailing email@example.com. Round trip: $490. One-way $245. If you have a camper arriving by air and is deemed an “unaccompanied minor” by the airlines and must be met by a shuttle company employee, let them know ahead of time. There is no additional charge for unaccompanied minors.
A detailed camper registration packet containing check in location, health/release forms, emergency contact info, and a list of things to bring will be emailed to all registered campers in the Spring. PLEASE NOTE: Our health and release forms require a doctor's signature and they will be collected on the first day of camp.
Camp Code: TNXRAC
Sample Daily Schedule
- 7:45am Wake up by Camp Staff
- 8:00am Breakfast at Valentine
- 8:55am Meet at courts, warm up, stretch, morning demo, stroke breakdown and court assignments
- 9:20am Instruction, drills technique development
- 11:55am Morning wrap up, review, mail call
- 12:10pm Lunch, supervised town trip
- 1:30pm Meet at courts, warm up, stretch, strategy session, match play, sport activity
- 4:55pm Afternoon review, wrap up
- 5:10pm Dinner, free time
- 7:00pm Evening activity
- 9:30pm Free Time
- 9:45pm Lights out campers under the age of 11
- 10:30pm Lights out for all campers.