Camp Program Offerings
In addition to the All Skills program we also offer special tournament training and high school programs during certain weeks of camp. Upon arrival, all participants are evaluated by the staff so that their own instructional needs can be addressed throughout the week.
2016 Programs by Week
Tournament Training Program
The tournament training program is geared towards tournament level and ranked players looking to improve their tournament results, learn winning strategies, and work on mental toughness.
High School Program
The high school session is provided for players currently on their high school team and wanting to move up the ladder or those planning on making the high school team.
10 and Under Tennis
In addition, we offer a “10 and Under Tennis” program, featuring the USTA’s successful new teaching format. This is an exciting new way kids 10 and under are learning to play tennis as well as compete. The courts are smaller and balls are low-compression so they are easier to hit, allowing kids to get to the ball and develop optimal swing patterns. It all makes it easy and fun for them to hit, play and score from the start, while developing skills that will last a lifetime. Please note: This program is optional and younger campers may opt to play regular tennis on the full courts. For more information on “10 and Under Tennis” programs nationwide, Click Here to check out the USTA website.
- Day camp runs Monday-Friday from 9:00am-4:00pm
- Check-In: 8:00am on Monday at The Citadel
- Graduation: 9:00am on Friday at the tennis courts for all campers. Graduation is followed by a tennis tournament. Parents are encouraged to attend!
- Check Out: 4:00pm on Friday.
- Meet each day at The Citadel.
- 1:30 -2:00pm Sunday at the College of Charleston McConnell Dorms.
- Graduation: 9:00am on Friday at the tennis courts for all campers. Graduation is followed by a tennis tournament. Parents are encouraged to attend.
- Check Out: 4:00pm on Friday.
- Campers will be shuttled to The Citadel via a private bus service each day.
Day campers bring their own lunch each day. Meals are included for overnight campers.
Campers will play at The Citadel. In the event of rain, indoor facilities are available for activities.
2016: Dorms TBD | 2015: Overnight campers will reside in the Dorms on The College of Charleston campus which offer stunning scenery and ideal weather for a fantastic tennis camp experience. Campers stay 2 per room in suites with 2 or 3 rooms/suite. There is A/C in the dorms! Fridges available in the rooms for campers. Campers are assigned by age and roommate requests.
Off-Court and Evening Activities
Overnight campers will also participate in a variety of supervised activities ranging from movie night, talent show, tour of College of Charleston campus, camp dance night and possibly a bowling night and ghost tour.
Weekend Stayovers are not available at this location
Nike Tennis Camp does not provide any transportation to/from camp from airport, train stations or bus depots. If you fly into camp, we recommend that you fly into Charleston Airport and schedule a shuttle from the airport to camp. You can find information about available ground transportation options at http://www.chs-airport.com/taxi.htm.
If you have a camper arriving by air and is deemed an “unaccompanied minor” by the airlines and must be met by a camp staff or shuttle company employee, there may be a fee that needs to be paid in advance of camp. You will still have to arrange transportation to/from camp. Please call 1-800-645-3226 two weeks prior to camp to provide camper’s flight and shuttle information.
A detailed camper registration packet containing check in location, health/release forms, emergency contact info, and a list of things to bring will be emailed to all registered campers in the Spring. Our health and release forms do not require a doctor's signature and they will be collected on the first day of camp.
Camp Code: TNXRCC
Sample Daily Schedule
- 7:30am Rise and Shine
- 7:45am-8:15am Breakfast
- 8:45am Campers to the courts for stretching/warm-up
- 9:00am-Noon Drills, skill instruction, strategy, video, conditioning
- Noon-1:00pm Catered Lunch
- 1:30pm Mental Training
- 1:00pm-4:00pm Match Play/Team Tennis
- 4:00pm Free time - swimming, back to dorms
- 6;00pm Dinner
- 7:00pm Evening activities
- 10:00pm Campers back to their rooms. Lights out!