Nike Tennis Camp at Curry College - International Programs Milton, Massachusetts
Join us this summer at the Nike Tennis Camp at Curry College. You'll improve your Tennis game, meet new friends from all over the world and with our new Sport and Language programs, you'll improve your English too!
International campers will find this Nike Tennis camp provides everything they need for a great visit to the US. Coined by a camper as "the everything camp," this camp offers plenty of convenient multi-week tennis sessions, lots of fun on-campus and off-campus activities, an outstanding international staff and the option to add a week of language classes prior to starting their Nike Tennis Camp.
The Tennis program covers all four essential aspects of the game: skill development: strength and conditioning, technical precision, tactical development and sport psychology. Designed as an intensive educational tennis course, this program also offers specialized skill sessions for tournament and high school players.
The language program consists of 15 English classes per week, combined with fun activities which allow campers to practice and improve their English. Campers participating in language classes, begin their Nike Sport Camp on the Sunday following the conclusion of their language program. During the language program, campers will reside on site at camp The combined Sport+Language programs will be offered July 1, July 8 and July 15 sessions. These exciting camp programs provide the perfect balance of language prep with a terrific sport training program in convenient 2, 3 or 4-week programs.
International campers seeking a SPORT only multi-week camp should combine our individual sessions (which start on June 30th), with weekend stay overs to create the perfect multi-week camp program. To view our individual camp sessions at Curry College, click here.
- 5-6 hours of daily instruction including drilling, match play, strategy sessions and conditioning
- Fun evening activities including World Team Tennis, laser tag, Six Flags and more (may be additional fees)
- On-court instruction from director Mehdi Belhassan and his experienced staff
- Every camper will receive a Nike Tennis Camp t-shirt
- Campers come from around the world!
- 15 English classes per week, along with fun activities that help kids practice and improve their English skills.
The Nike Tennis Sports Camps at Curry College is located on the wooded 135-acre campus of Curry College in Milton, MA, seven miles south of Boston. Its outstanding facilities include eleven outdoor courts, grass and Astroturf sports fields, indoor and outdoor basketball courts, outdoor swimming pool, new air conditioned dorms, and a wonderful dining facility. The language program will be taught on-site at Curry College.
Meet your coaching staff
Mehdi and Maria Belhassan
Mehdi and Maria Belhassan co-direct the Offense Defense Nike Tennis Camp and reside on campus with the kids. Mehdi played tennis at the highest level, representing his country, Morocco in international events including Davis Cup and the African Championships. He was the top ranked junior in Morocco, played both on the collegiate and professional circuits, and has coached players of all levels, from beginners to world class players. Mehdi will be on-court and direct all aspects of the tennis program.
Overview of Tennis Program
This year we are offering five weeks of consecutive overnight sessions for campers 8-18. International campers interested in a sport only program may combine these weekly sessions together to create the perfect multi-week program. Weekend stayover are available on every session except the last one. You can register for these sessions here.
In addition to the all skills program, we offer a tournament training program each week or specialized high school player programs the last two weeks of camps. (See below for more details) The tennis program consists of five to six hours of daily instruction which includes technical work in the form of drills, strategy sessions, on-and-off court conditioning, supervised point and match play, mental toughness and game analysis. In addition to supervised free play, campers will receive special help sessions at night on forehand, backhand, serve and volley. The techniques and methods build confidence, while the group dynamics enable the students to get more done and have more fun.
*The tournament training program is geared towards tournament level and ranked players looking to improve their tournament results, learn winning strategies, and work on mental toughness. The high school session is provided for players currently on their high school team and wanting to move up the ladder or those planning on making the high school team.
Overview of Sport + Language Program
These are specifically designed camp programs just for international campers. Four Sport + Language sessions are offered, starting with June 30th, July 7th, July 14th, and July 21st sessions. You can choose a two, three or four-week program. Each session includes one week of language instruction combined with one, two or three sessions of tennis camp.
- It is open to kids aged 10-18.
- This camp hires 2 separate staff for double the supervision! Coaches are not required to watch campers during non-sport hours and are therefore able to rest and give 100% effort everyday. Their counselor staff have been hired to watch campers during all non-sport hours and field trips!
- All session costs include language instruction and material fees, NIKE Tennis Camp instruction, housing and meals and weekend stayover costs for the specified camp time frame.
- The language program will be held directly on the Curry College campus and campers will reside on campus during both the language and NIKE Sports programs.
- The week-long language program consists of 15 classes Monday through Friday.
- Language curriculum: Students in this program will improve core English language skills such as speaking and listening, as well as their confidence. Classes are communicative in nature and offer plenty of opportunities for speaking practice in three 50-minute classes per day.
How does the program work?
- Language - Week One: Campers arrive on Sunday and are greeted at the airport and brought back to Camp, just a short distance from Boston Airport. Campers will get their dorm and rooming assignments, enjoy welcome activities and settle and rest after their flights. English classes are held in the morning Monday through Friday from 9-12:00 Noon. Classrooms are a short walk from the dorms.The afternoons will be filled with trips to Boston, Museums, Tours of Boston, fun field games, sports play for fun or canpers will be able to spend some time relaxing as well. Evening activities can be added for an additional fee. All programs are designed to develop campers English speaking skills and confidence. Please CLICK HERE for a sample daily schedule.
- Sports - Week Two: The following week begins with NIKE Tennis Camp check-in at 2:00 pm. Campers will head down to the courts and be evaluated by camp staff and put into skill groups based on age and ability. The first NIKE Tennis session will begin at 4:00pm on Sunday. Each session will include 30 hours of NIKE Tennis instruction and tournament play and conclude with a graduation ceremony on the last day (Friday) at 4:30pm. Campers choosing to stay for multiple sessions will be supervised by camp staff over the weekend and will start their next NIKE Camp session on Sunday. Please CLICK HERE for a sample daily schedule.
- Combined - Multiweek: This program combines morning language classes with afternoon daily sport training each week. A sample daily schedule for this format is below.
Sample Daily Schedule
- 7:30am Breakfast
- 8:30am ELS Assessment (Monday only); Campers to classroom (Monday-Friday)
- 8:45am ELS Class begins: Grammar, Listening, Discussion, Vocabulary, Reading, Writing
- 10:30am ELS Class continues: Conversational activities, Writing, Music, Art
- 12:00 noon Lunch
- 1:00pm NIKE Tennis: Technical skill development, Tactical skill development, Strength and conditioning, Tournament play
- 5:00pm Dinner
- 6:00pm Free time
- 7:00pm Evening activities
- 10:00pm Campers to dorms
- 10:30pm Lights out
Check-in & Check-out
- 12:00 noon - 2:00pm Sunday of the camper's first week.
- Signs will be placed all over campus and camp staff will also direct traffic.
- Evaluations: All campers will start their evaluations at 3:00pm.
- Lunch: On check in day, the first meal served is dinner. If you need to eat lunch with your parents, we will give you a list of several nearby restaurants.
- Orientation (campers only): After evaluations, showers, and dinner, all campers, staff, and coaches will walk to orientation together. Here we will introduce the coaches and staff, and go over camp rules and procedures.
- 12:00 noon - 2:00pm OR 4:00pm-6:00pm on Friday of the camper's last week.
- Campers who check-out in the second window (4:00-6:00pm) will be able to attend both the first and second sports session of the day, while those who check out in the first window will only attend the first sports session.
- Location: Your check out location is the same dorm that you checked in to unless otherwise notified by our staff at check-in.
- All international campers will be met at Boston Logan International Airport by camp staff, and will be escorted to their departing flight at the conclusion of their session. This is included in tuition.
- To schedule your pick-up, please complete a travel form which will be included in your registration packet. International campers must complete a travel form in order to guarantee pick up at the airport. Travel forms can also be accessed at www.mycamps.ussportscamps.com using your registered email.
- Designated Airport: Boston Logan International Airport (BOS)
- Early arrivals & late departures: There is a $125 fee per day to accomodate campers arriving early or staying beyond the final day of their registered session. This fee includes housing and meals. Please note that our camp staff cannot receive early campers prior to Sunday, June 30 (the first day of our first session), nor may campers stay past Friday, August 2 (the final day of our last session).
- Extra Activities: MBSC/NIKE Soccer Camp is one of the only camps that offer nightly OFF-campus activities. Our pre-organized evening/weekend activities include: laser tag, bowling, Hard Rock Café, game arcade, Six Flags Amusement Park (weekend), and whale watching (weekend). Activities are optional, and campers who choose to remain on-campus will enjoy alternate activities such as ping pong, movies, board games, and volleyball. Counselors stay on campus and accompany off campus trips to ensure 24/7 supervision of all campers.
- All-inclusive tuition: Covers language instruction, sport instruction, housing, meals, roundtrip airport transfers, weekend stayover(s), and activities (two per week, plus one additional if staying for weekend).
- Registration Packet: A detailed camper registration packet containing check-in location, health & release forms, emergency contact info, and a packing list will be emailed to all registered campers in spring 2013. Our health and release forms require a doctor's signature and will be collected on the first day of camp. International campers must have health insurance valid in the US in order to attend camps.
- Housing: Dormitory housing on campus with all meals provided (variety of choices at each meal). Two campers to a room. International campers will be placed with an American camper of the same age/grade. Bathrooms are communal and are located on each floor.
- Safety: 24-hour supervision is an important feature of every NIKE Tennis Camp. Staff members reside in campers’ quarters and participate in all activities. This camp hires 2 separate staff for double the supervision! Coaches are not required to watch campers during non-sport hours and are therefore able to rest and give 100% effort everyday. Their counselor staff have been hired to watch campers during all non-sport hours and field trips!
- Instruction: 1:8 Coach to Camper ratio. Training groups formed by skill, age, and years of experience. End-of-session individual player evaluation written by coaching staff - see "Coaches" tab for more details on coaching staff.
- Spending Money: recommend $50-$100 per week
Medical Facility: 3-6 athletic trainers are on-site and around the dorms. A doctor is on-call for emergencies.