2014 Camp Information
(Camp Code: TNXDMP)
This year we are offering a Spring Break Camp session from April 14-18, 2014! We will also be offering three summer day camp sessions.
Spring and Summer campers can choose between Full Day (9:00am-4:00pm) or Half Day morning (9:00am-12:00 noon) camp options. These camps are ideally suited for all levels and ages 5-18. Upon arrival, all participants are evaluated by the staff so that their own instructional needs can be addressed throughout the week.
10 and Under Tennis:
In addition to the "All Skills" program, during our Spring Break and Summer camps we offer a “10 and Under Tennis” (Half Day Camp) program, featuring the USTA’s successful new teaching format. This is an exciting new way kids 10 and under are learning to play tennis as well as compete. The courts are smaller and balls are low-compression so they are easier to hit, allowing kids to get to the ball and develop optimal swing patterns. It all makes it easy and fun for them to hit, play and score from the start, while developing skills that will last a lifetime. Please note: This program is optional and younger campers may opt to play regular tennis on the full courts. Selected 10 and under players may play in All Skills camp at discretion of camp director. For more information on “10 and Under Tennis” programs nationwide, Click Here to check out the USTA website.
Check-in and Check-out times:
Check-in: Full and Half Day campers: 8:30am on Monday at the tennis at parking lot adjacent to baseball and football field (more info in registration packet).
Check-out: Half Day Campers: 12:00 noon on Friday at the tennis courts.
Full Day campers: 4:00pm on Friday at the tennis courts.
Daily Schedule and Information
• Full Day Camp runs 9:00am to 4:00pm (Monday through Friday).
• Half Day camp runs daily from 9:00am-12:00pm
• The lunch hour is fully supervised, but lunch is NOT provided. Full day campers should bring their own lunch daily. Half Day campers leave before lunch.
Campers will play on 12 outdoor courts. In case of inclement weather campers with have move to an indoor classroom for strectching and fitness and video analysis and instruction.
A detailed camper registration packet containing check in location, health/release forms, emergency contact info, and a list of things to bring will be emailed to all registered campers in the Spring. Our health and release forms do not require a doctor's signature and they will be collected on the first day of camp.
Campers will play tennis on the CSU East Bay (Hayward campus) 12 outdoor tennis courts.
Sample Daily Schedule
- 9:00am-9:25am Warm-Up/Intro/Agilities/Stretching
- 9:25am-10:45am Stroke Fundamentals and/or situational point development rotations
- 10:45am-12:00 noon Competitive Games while working on fundamentals and/or strategy
- Noon-1:00pm Supervised lunch
- 1:00pm-2:30pm Stroke Fundamentals or situational point development rotations
- 2:30pm-3:30pm Singles/Doubles Tournament Play with Coaching
- 3:30pm-4:00pm Conditioning/Competitive Group Game