Camp Code (TNXISY)
The ELS programs are designed to complement the Nike Tennis Camp environment. Classes focus on general English and conversation practice and are interactive and fun. The end goal is to help students develop socially and communicate more effectively both on and off the courts.
The combined ELS language and Nike Tennis program are offered during the July sessions which start on July 12th and continue through July 31 and combine Nike Tennis instruction in the morning and ELS language classes in the afternoon.
The USD campus, located in San Diego is approximately 120 miles south of Los Angeles. It is known for its mild year-round climate, natural deep-water harbor and extensive beaches. The University of San Diego is a private university, built in Spanish Renaissance style, and is situated on a mesa overlooking San Diego’s beautiful Mission Bay. It has been rated as one of the most beautiful campuses in the country. Upon arrival, all participants are evaluated by the staff so that their own instructional needs can be addressed throughout the week.
The ELS programs are designed to complement the Nike Tennis Camp environment. Classes focus on general English and conversation practice and are interactive and fun. The end goal is to help students develop socially and communicate more effectively both on and off the courts.The combined ELS language and Nike Tennis program are offered during the July sessions which start on July 12th and continue through July 31 and combine Nike Tennis instruction in the morning and ELS language classes in the afternoon. Providing children with high level sports training not only empowers them and promotes high self-esteem, it motivats them to perform higher academically.
Nike Camp Check-in. Sunday 12:30-2:30pm on the USD campus. Check-Out - Graduation is at 11:30pm on Friday (last day of camp) on campus. International campers will be taken back to their San Diego International airport after their camp stay. If camper are staying for multiple session, they will enjoy weekend program in between the sessions. This is included in your multi-week sport and language tuition.
- Courts: Camper play on 8 courts at the Skip and Cindy Hogan Tennis Center, located on the West side of the USD campus.
- Dorms: Campers live on-campus in USD dorms during both the language session and the Nike Tennis Camp. Campers are assigned to rooms by age, sex, and roommate requests.
- ELS Language program is held in the afternoon on the campus of USD.
- Spending Money: We recommend campers bring $100 per week.
- Safety: 24-hour supervision is an important feature of every Nike Tennis Camp. Staff members reside in campers’ quarters and participate in all activities. Phone number and contact information is available on the detailed registration package that will be sent to you once you register for camp.
- Registration Packet: A detailed camper registration packet containing check in location, health/release forms, emergency contact info, and a list of things to bring will be emailed to all registered campers in the Spring. Our health and release forms do not require a doctor's signature and they will be collected on the first day of camp. International campers must have health insurance valid in the US in order to attend camps.
- All-Inclusive Tuition: Covers language instruction, sport instruction, housing, meals, roundtrip airport transfers, weekend stayover(s), and activities.
Travel: Designated Airport: San Diego International Airport (SAN) All international campers will be met at San Diego International Airport by camp staff, and will be escorted to their departing flight at the conclusion of their session. This is included in tuition.To schedule your pick-up, please complete a travel form which will be included in your registration packet.
The University of San Diego is a beautiful campus, which offers incredible views of beautiful San Diego Mission Bay. Campers stay at the USD student residences which are modern, clean and comfortable apartments. The campus provides a safe, secure environment, and resident campers can absorb the college environment, while staying in the college dorms and dining at the Student Life Pavilion. Each student residence has round the-clock-security, access to vending machines and laundry facilities. While on campus, student have access to many other amentities such as:
An Olympic sized swimming pool
Access to tennis, volleyball and basketball courts
Quick bus rides to shopping malls, movie theatres and beaches
The USD West Tennis courts
The “Skip and Cindy Hogan Tennis Center”, located on the West side of the USD campus, is home to the USD women’s and men’s tennis teams. It is a newly renovated eight-court facility featuring a new tournament desk area; and additional bleacher seating.
Sample Daily Schedule
- 7:00 Rise and Shine!
- 8:00 Breakfast
- 8:15 Stretching and warm up
- 8:30-11:20 Nike Tennis Instruction
- 11:30 Lunch at Student Dining Pavilion
- 1:00-4:00 ELS Language Instruction
- 4:00 Free time and rest
- 5:00 Dinner
- 7:00-9:30 PM Evening Activities
- 10:00 PM Campers to rooms