Upon arrival, all participants are evaluated by the staff so that their own tennis instruction needs can be addressed throughout the week.
Tournament Training Program
The tournament training program is geared towards tournament level and ranked players looking to improve their tournament results, learn winning strategies, and work on mental toughness.
- Overnight Campers: Sunday, 3:30pm-3:45pm at the Glen Cove Mansion.
- Day Campers: Monday, 8:45am at Robbie Wagner's Tournament Training Center.
- Come dressed to play!
- Check-out: All Campers, Friday at 12:00pm at Robbie Wagner's Tournament Training Center.
- *For Overnight Campers, all luggage will be held in as secure room and must be picked up by 4:00pm on Friday.
- Monday: Check in at 8:45am and depart at 4:00pm.
- Tuesday through Thursday: Check-in at 9:00am and depart at 4:00pm daily.
- Friday: Check-in at 9:00am and check-out is at 12:00pm.
- Sunday: Arrive 4:00pm.
- Friday: Depart at 12:00pm.
For day campers, meals are avaliable for purchase for $35 a week or $7 a day. Please bring your money for meals with you to camp. For overnight campers, all meals are included.
Campers will utilize Robbie Wagner Training Center (13 clay courts indoor), Old Tappans Tennis Complex (7 outdoor), Glenwood landing (4 hard court indoor), and Portledge School (5 outdoor).
Campers will participate in on and off campus activities that include: Trips to the mall, bowling night, movie night, ice cream trips, amusement parks and other fun, social activites during the week. Campers will also get to utilize the indoor and outdoor pools that provide a wonderful environment for exercise and fun, regardless of the weather. On Wednesday's, campers will take a trip to the beach from about 1:00pm-4:00pm after the morning tennis drills. Buses will transport all campers to the beach and their will be full supervision.
We suggest every camper brings their own spending money for any off campus activities/expenses, preferably $100 a week/$20 a day.
Accomadations for Overnight Campers
Campers will stay at the Glen Cove Mansion, 2 campers per room. We can accomadate 3 campers per room if requested however, please note that there are only two beds per room, the third bed will be a roll away bed. Each room will have their own private bathroom and a mini fridge. The camp staff will take the campers to the market on the first night to buy any necessities, food or drinks for their rooms during their stay at camp.
Transportation to Camp
The camp provides door to door transportation for local day campers. The local day camp shuttle price is $185 per person per session and available to those living within a 20 mile radius of Glen Cove. The payment will be paid directly to the “Robbie Wagner Tournament Training Center” and bring money directly to camp.
To arrange this service, call the Robbie Wagner Tournament Training Center: 516-759-0505
John F. Kennedy International Airport
Nike Tennis Camps does not provide transportation to/from camp from airport, train stations or bus depots. If you fly into camp, we recommend that you fly into John F Kennedy (JFK). For ground transportation, we recommend using US Limo Service. You can make your reservations by calling 1-866-USLIMOS or 1-800-962-2827, or email: email@example.com; website: www.uslimoservice.com
If you have a camper arriving by air who is deemed an “unaccompanied minor” by the airlines and must be met by a camp staff or shuttle company employee, there will be a fee that needs to be paid in advance of camp. You will still have to arrange transportation to/from camp. Please call 1-800-645-3226 two weeks prior to camp to provide camper’s flight and shuttle information.
A detailed camper registration packet containing check in location, health/release forms, emergency contact info, and a list of things to bring will be emailed to all registered campers in the Spring. Our health and release forms do not require a doctor's signature and they will be collected on the first day of camp.
Camp Code: TNXRGC
Sample Daily Schedule
- 8:45am Stretching, Camp Meeting at Courts
- 9:00am Tennis Instruction: Drilling and Strength and Conditioning
- 10:00am Break
- 10:15am Tennis Instruction: Drilling Continues
- 11:45am Lunch, Rest, Optional Tennis
- 1:15pm Tennis Program, Match Play
- 2:45pm Break
- 3:00pm Match Play Continues
- 4:00pm Day Campers Depart
- 4:00pm-6:00pm Rest, Shower, Free Time and Activities (pool, gym, game room, sauna, etc.)
- 6:00pm Dinner
- 6:30pm-9:00pm Evening Activities
- 9:00pm Overnight Campers to Rooms
- 10:00pm Lights Out