Nike Tennis Camp at Williams College
Average Rating 4.44 / 5
Improve your game and have serious fun
at Nike Tennis Camps
A top tennis camp in New England, our Nike Tennis Camp at Williams College in Massachusetts offers overnight and day camps for boys and girls, ages 9-18, of all skill levels, with a special high school program as well.
This junior tennis camp in Williamstown, MA welcomes beginners through tournament players from all over to our beautiful 18 court facility to participate in this fun and challenging tennis training program.
- 5-6 hours daily tennis instruction; low camper to staff ratio
- Special 2-week Amherst-Williams High School College Tour Camp
- Fun off-court evening activities for overnight campers including swimming, camp BBQ, ice cream fest and more!
- View More Details ⟩
Camp Director Mike Gardner
In his 27th year as a Nike Tennis Camp Director, Mike Gardner brings years of experience and dedication to junior tennis development.View Mike Gardner's Bio ⟩
Tennis Tip from Coach Gardner:
USPTA Level 1 Certified, Coach Gardner’s experience includes:
• 2012 and 2013 Massachusetts Division 1 State Championship Coach.
• 30 plus years Professional Junior Training Coach.
• Director of Nike/Amherst since its inception in 1994.
• Trained hundreds of top New England and National level players.
• Many of Coach Gardner’s students have earned Division 1 College Scholarships.
• State Championship High School Coach.
• Tennis Director, Orchard Hills Athletic Club in Lancaster, MA
We offer Overnight, Extended Day (9:00am-9:00pm) and Day (9:00am-5:00pm) camps for kids ages 9-18, with All Skills and High School training programs. We also offer a two-week week High School Only College Tour Program at Amherst and Williams Colleges.
2017 Camp Dates
- July 23-28 (All Skills & High School)
- July 23-August 4 (High School Only College Tour Program)
Camp Program Offerings
College Tour Program for High School Players: July 23-August 4
This program is an exciting way for high school players ages 13-18 to experience two separate beautiful college campuses, while working on their tennis game and making new friends. Campers will check-in and spend the first week at Williams College and then be transported by bus after the first week to Amherst College, where they will spend the duration of their time. Campers may also choose to sign up for each week separately and not stay over during the weekend.
All Skills Program
All sessions are open to players of all abilities unless otherwise noted. Upon arrival, all participants are evaluated by the staff so that their own instructional needs can be addressed throughout the week. The All Skills program is designed for tennis players of any skill level and background. Campers will learn fundamentals and improve upon their game.
High School Program
The High School Program is intended for players ages 13-18 currently on their high school team and wanting to move up the ladder, or those planning on making the high school team.
- Overnight campers check in on Sunday from 1:00-2:00pm at the Sage dorms.
- Day and Extended Day campers check in from 1:30-2:00pm. Signs will be posted directing you where to go.
- Day Campers will depart the first day at 5:00pm after a tennis evaluation.
- Extended Day Campers will depart the first day at 9:00pm after dinner and evening activities.
- Graduation: All campers: 12:00 noon Friday at the Sage dorms. Parents are invited to attend!
- Check-out: Check-out immediately follows Graduation. No lunch on Friday.
Extended Day and Day Camper Schedule
- On check-in day, Day campers stay until 5:00pm. Extended Day campers stay until 9:00pm.
- Monday through Thursday Day campers come from 9:00am-5:00pm and Extended Day campers come from 9:00am to 9:00pm.
- Check-out is immediately after Graduation at 12:00pm on Friday for Day, Extended Day and Overnight campers.
Lunch and dinner are provided for all Extended Day campers. Lunch is provided for all Day campers.
Campers play at the Chaffee Tennis House with 18 hard courts. In case of rain, campers will have access to 8 indoor courts.
2017: Campers will reside in the Sage College dormitories and eat meals in the dining hall. The dorms, tennis courts, and dining hall are all walking distance from each other. Campers stay 2 per room. The rooms are assigned according to sex, age and roommate requests.
During the evenings, campers will participate in activities which may include swimming, a barbeque, tie-dye party, scavenger hunt, capture the flag, ice cream fest, movies, and more!
We will not hold a two-week session as in the past, but campers are welcome to stay multiple weeks. Multiple week campers that elect to stay on campus over the weekend will participate in organized on and off campus activities. Campers are supervised the entire weekend. Cost: $300/weekend.
Logan or Albany Airports
Nike Tennis Camp does not provide any transportation to/from camp from airport, train stations or bus depots. If you fly into camp, we recommend that you fly into Albany Airport or Logan Airport. Airport transfers to Williams College can be arranged through World Sports Camp by calling Addam Shand at 617-519-3810 or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Airport pick-ups are only available from the airports in Boston, MA – Logan (BOS) and Hartford, CT – Bradley (BDL). Boston, MA Logan (BOS): Round trip: $490, One-Way $245 Bradley. Hartford, CT Bradley (BDL): Roundtrip:$350, One-Way: $175. If you have a camper arriving by air and is deemed an “unaccompanied minor” by the airlines and must be met by a shuttle company employee, let them know ahead of time. There is no additional charge for unaccompanied minors.
A detailed camper registration packet containing check in location, health/release forms, emergency contact info, and a list of things to bring will be emailed to all registered campers in the Spring. PLEASE NOTE: Our health and release forms require a doctor's signature and they will be collected on the first day of camp.
Camp Code: TNXRWC
Williams College is not a sponsor or co-sponsor of the Nike Tennis Camp.
Sample Daily Schedule
- 8:30am Stretching, Camp Meeting at Courts
- 8:45am Tennis Instruction
- 10:00am Break
- 10:15am Tennis Instruction and Drills
- 11:45am Lunch, Rest, Optional Tennis
- 1:15pm Tennis Program, Match Play
- 2:45pm Break
- 3:00pm Tennis Program, Doubles and Drills
- 4:00pm Conclusion of Daily Tennis Program
- 4:15pm Groups or Private Extra Help, Optional Tennis, Swimming
- 5:00pm Rest, Shower, Dinner
- 7:15pm Evening Activity
- 9:00pm Extended Day Campers Depart
- 9:30pm Overnight Campers to Rooms
- 10:15pm Lights Out
Camp ReviewsSubmit a review
Gobs of fun for both kids
7/29/2016 - Gobs of fun for both kids (Finn and Tate). They want to come back for overnight next year. Thanks.
— James C. Parent
didn't like construction noises
7/28/2016 - Construction on Williams College grounds made it hard to sleep/rest.
— Frances F. Camper
Thanks for a good week!
7/28/2016 - Thanks for a good week!
— Max B. Camper
it was fine, they had fun
7/29/2015 - I felt that it was generally fine. The food wasn't great, they were ordering in food at night, which is unusual and I am not sure that should have been happening. Otherwise, I think they had fun and I think the tennis was good too.
— Katie L. Camper
7/23/2015 - It was a great experience and was also a really good place to make new friends.
— Justin P. Camper
good combination of activities
7/23/2015 - I liked that there was a combination of tennis, field sports and socializing.
— Brian B. Camper
greatest benefit was the number of hours on court
8/2/2014 - I felt that the greatest benefit was the number of hours on court and the opportunity to play a variety of opponents. I would have appreciated more individualized one-on-one work on my skill at least a couple of times during the week.
— Yannai A. Camper
hoping for consecutive weeks at Williams
8/1/2014 - I would be very interested in attending multiple, consecutive weeks at Williams, without having to travel to Amherst. More evaluations during the week on progress made and specific ways to improve game.
— Abigail B. Camper
I enjoyed it very much
8/1/2014 - The camp was overall very fun. However, the counselors should work one-on-one more and learn about the campers in their group. I enjoyed it very much though! Thanks for the great week.
— Ava G. Camper
Camp Dates & Prices
This program has concluded for the season.
Please Join our email list to be notified when this program is available for registration.