Nike Tennis Camp at Williams College Williamstown, Massachusetts
Click to enlarge and view gallery »
Come join the fun at this summer camp and get better! Our goal at the Nike Tennis Camp at Williams College is to stimulate the passion for tennis in young players, give them the opportunity to hit a lot of balls, improve their technique and match play skills, and have a blast while doing it!
Beginners, intermediate, and tournament players come from all over to our beautiful 18 court facility to participate in this fun and challenging program. Historically one of the most popular Nike Tennis Camps, each camp session averages 80 campers per session, ages 9-18 and all ability levels. This camp is a great way to improve your game quickly as campers spend 5-6 hours of court time each day and consistent instruction from top notch coaches.
- 5-6 hours of daily instruction with low camper to staff ratio and 24 hour supervision
- Every camper receives a Nike Tennis Camp T-shirt
- Experience campus life and create lasting friendships
- Fun off-court evening activities for overnight campers including swimming, camp BBQ, ice cream fest and more!
The Nike Tennis Camp at Williams College, located in northwestern Massachusetts, is an hour from Albany and three hours from New York City. Over 10,000 junior players have enjoyed the camp program for 35 years. The Chaffee Tennis House complements six championship hard courts with stadium seating and 12 other tournament hard courts immediately adjacent, making this a perfect location for camp. In case of rain, campers will have access to 8 indoor courts.
Williams College is not a sponsor or co-sponsor of the Nike Tennis Camp.Meet your coaching staff
In his 26th year as a Nike Tennis Camp Director, Mike Gardner brings years of experience and dedication to junior tennis development.Read Full Bio
USPTA Level 1 Certified, Coach Gardner’s experience includes:
• 2012 Massachusetts Division 1 State Championship Coach.
• 30 plus years Professional Junior Training Coach.
• Director of Nike/Amherst since its inception in 1994.
• Trained hundreds of top New England and National level players.
• Many of Coach Gardner’s students have earned Division 1 College Scholarships.
• State Championship High School Coach.
• Tennis Director, Orchard Hills Athletic Club in Lancaster, MA
2014 Camp Information
(Camp Code: TNXRWC)
This year we are are offering one week of Overnight, Extended Day (9:00am-9:00pm) and Day (9:00am-5:00pm) camp for kids ages 9-18 of all skill levels. Upon arrival, all participants are evaluated by the staff so that their own instructional needs can be addressed throughout the week.
In addition to the All Skills program, this year we are also offering a High School Program for players, ages 13-18, currently on their high school team and wanting to move up the ladder or those planning on making the high school team. Make sure to note that you would like to participate in this program when you register.
College Tour Program for High School Players (2 weeks)
2014 Dates: July 20 - August 1
This year we are offering an excited way for high school (ages 13-18) players to experience two separate beautiful college campuses, while working on their tennis game and making new friends. Campers will check-in and spend the first week at Williams College and then be transported by bus after the first week to Amherst College, where they will spend the duration of their time. Campers may also choose to sign up for each week separartely and not stay over during the weekend.
• Overnight campers check in on Sunday from 1:00-2:00pm at the dorms.
• Day and Extended Day campers check in from 1:30-2:00pm. Signs will be posted directing you where to go.
• Day Campers will depart the first day at 5:00pm after a tennis evaluation.
• Extended Day Campers will depart the first day at 9:00pm after dinner and evening activities.
• Graduation: All campers: 12:00 noon Friday at the dorms. Parents are invited to attend!
• Check-out: Check-out immediately follows Graduation. No lunch on Friday.
Extended Day Camper Schedule & Information
• On Check-in day, Day campers stay until 5:00pm. Extended Day campers stay until 9:00pm.
• Monday through Thursday Day campers come from 9:00am-5:00pm and Extended Day campers come from 9:00am to 9:00pm.
• Check-out is immediately after Graduation at 12:00pm on Friday for Day, Extended Day and Overnight campers.
• Meals: Lunch and dinner are provided for all Extended Day campers. Lunch is provided for all Day campers.
Campers play at the Chaffee Tennis House with 18 hard courts. In case of rain, campers will have access to 8 indoor courts.
Camper will reside in Williams College dormitories (name TBD) and eat meals in the dining hall. The dorms, tennis courts, and dining hall are all walking distance from each other. Campers stay 2 per room. The rooms are assigned according to sex, age and roommate requests.
During the evenings, campers will participate in activities which may include swimming, a barbeque, tie-dye party, scavenger hunt, capture the flag, ice cream fest, movies, and more!
We will not hold a two-week session as in the past, but campers are welcome to stay multiple weeks. Multiple week campers that elect to stay on campus over the weekend will participate in organized on and off campus activites. Campers are supervised the entire weekend. Cost: $200/weekend.
Designated Airport: Logan or Albany airports
Nike Tennis Camp does not provide any transportation to/from camp from airport, train stations or bus depots. If you fly into camp, we recommend that you fly into Albany Airport or Logan Airport. Airport transfers to Williams College can be arranged through World Sports Camp by calling Adam Shand at 401-608-2605 or by emailing email@example.com. Round trip: $490. One-way $245. If you have a camper arriving by air and is deemed an “unaccompanied minor” by the airlines and must be met by a shuttle company employee, let them know ahead of time. There is no additional charge for unaccompanied minors.
A detailed camper registration packet containing check in location, health/release forms, emergency contact info, and a list of things to bring will be emailed to all registered campers in the Spring. PLEASE NOTE: Our health and release forms require a doctor's signature and they will be collected on the first day of camp.
Sample Daily Schedule
- 8:30am Stretching, Camp Meeting at Courts
- 8:45am Tennis Instruction
- 10:00am Break
- 10:15am Tennis Instruction and Drills
- 11:45am Lunch, Rest, Optional Tennis
- 1:15pm Tennis Program, Match Play
- 2:45pm Break
- 3:00pm Tennis Program, Doubles and Drills
- 4:00pm Conclusion of Daily Tennis Program
- 4:15pm Groups or Private Extra Help, Optional Tennis, Swimming
- 5:00pm Rest, Shower, Dinner
- 7:15pm Evening Activity
- 9:00pm Extended Day Campers Depart
- 9:30pm Overnight Campers to Rooms
- 10:15pm Lights Out