Nike Baseball Camp Whitworth University
Improve your game and have serious fun
at Nike Baseball Camps
Nike Baseball Camp at Whitworth University is a fun, intensive camp where campers take their baseball game to the next level. All facets of the game are covered and campers leave camp feeling confident in the new skills learned.
Directing the camp is Head Coach, CJ Perry.
- Professional instruction from Coach Perry and college-aged instructors
- Low camper to instructor ratio
- Multi-level ability grouping
- Daily emphasis on fundamental development, team play and more
- Discussion topics: preparing for college baseball and personal goal setting
- Official Nike Camp T-Shirt and prizes!
- Nike Baseball Camp Graduation Certificate
- View More Details ⟩
Camp Director CJ Perry
CJ Perry completed his first year as Whitworth's head baseball coach in 2017-18. A Spokane native, Perry graduated from Whitworth with a Kinesiology degree and Secondary Education Certification. Perry previously served as the Pitching, Outfield and Strength and Conditioning Coach for the Pirates and assisted with all recruitingfor four seasons. In 2015 he received his CSCS (Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialist) certification through NSCA.View CJ's Bio & Baseball Tips ⟩
In 2016 Perry's pitching staff led all of Division III baseball in walks allowed per nine innings (2.07) and freshman Hugh Smith earned first team All-NWC and ABCA All-West Region honors. Perry's 2016 staff posted Whitworth's lowest ERA (3.95) since joining the Division III level, eclipsing their previous best of 4.19 in 2015.
In 2015 he helped coach Dan Scheibe to an All-NWC season. Scheibe finished 9-3 with a 2.10 ERA, leading the NWC with 104 strikeouts. Scheibe threw a no-hitter against nationally-ranked Linfield in the opening game of the inaugural NWC Tournament, the first nine-inning no-hitter in Whitworth's metal bat era.
In 2009 he played summer baseball as a member of the Spokane Riverhawks of the West Coast League and served as the assistant coach for the Spokane Bandits AAA American Legion team. In the summer of 2011, Perry played for the Atwater Aviators of Merced County and helped pitch the Aviators to a second place finish in the Far West Collegiate Baseball League. During Perry’s senior year at Whitworth he was in the starting rotation for their NCAA Regional Championship team and was named All-NWC honorable mention as a starting pitcher.
Perry also serves as the Pitching Coordinator for the Club Spokane Dodgers organization and serves as Transfer Counselor for the Admissions Department at Whitworth.
Perry was a two time All-GSL Baseball selection at Gonzaga Prep and played for the Club Spokane Dodgers for two years in the summer while at G-Prep. CJ is currently working on his masters in Administrative Leadership at Whitworth and is married to his wife Alexis.
Baseball Tips by CJ:
The Whitworth University Nike Baseball Camp is for baseball players of all abilities ages 9-13. Instruction will focus primarily on hitting, specific position fielding, base-running, and game situations. In addition, pitchers will have the opportunity to work with pitching instructors. This camp is offered as an overnight, extended day, and day program. See "More Camp Details" for further information.
2019 Camp Dates
- July 22-26 (Monday-Friday)
Please note: The following information may be subject to change.
2019 SESSION SCHEDULE
CAMP DATES: JULY 22-26 (mon-fri)
- Check-in: 1:30-2:00 p.m. on Monday for all campers. See registration packet for specific location.
- Check-out: Graduation takes place at 2:00 p.m. on Wednesday. Parents are invited to attend. Check out will take place immediately after.
- Day Camper Schedule: Monday: 1:30-9:00 p.m., Tuesday-Thursday: 9:00-3:00 p.m., Friday: 9:00-2:30 p.m.
- Extended Day Camper Schedule: Monday: 1:00-9:00 p.m., Tuesday-Thursday: 9:00-9:00 p.m., Friday: 9:00-2:30 p.m.
What's included in the fee?
- Daily baseball instruction
- Overnight campers: Dormitory housing on campus and all meals are provided.
- Extended Day campers: Lunch and dinner are provided.
- Day campers: Lunch will be provided.
- Supervision: Staff members reside in rooms strategically placed throughout the dorm to provide optimal supervision, and participate in all activities.
- Camp T-shirt & Nike Lanyard: All campers receive a Nike Baseball Camp t-shirt and Nike Lanyard.
INSTRUCTION, EQUIPMENT & FACILITY
- Low camper to coach ratio
- Players Grouped by: age and ability
- Equipment Needed: Players should supply their own glove, cleats, bat and a helmet and wear baseball attire (baseball pants recommended)
- Facility: Outdoor Fields. Indoor facilities available during inclement weather conditions.
- Medical Protocol: In case of an emergency, campers will be transported to the nearest hospital.
- Dorm: See registration packet for specific on-campus dorm.
- Campers Per Room: 2 (unless otherwise noted in registration packet)
- Roommates: Rooms are assigned by age & roommate requests. Roommate requests must be received no later than 14 days before the start of camp. If you don't have a roommate request, you will be placed in a room with someone near your age. It will be a great opportunity to meet someone new!
- Linens: Not included. Bring linens or sleeping bag, pillow, pillowcase, and a towel.
- Air Conditioning: No, campers are encouraged to bring a fan.
Nike Baseball Camps does not provide transportation from airports, train stations or bus depots. If you have a child flying to camp, please arrange a shuttle or taxi service.
If you have a group of campers registering for the same camp, each camper is eligible for a discount. Please have someone contact the US Sports Camps office at 1-800-645-3226 with the names of each camper in the group and we will create a unique discount code for your group. Campers may then register individually through the website at their convenience and apply the offer code during check out. *Discount amount varies by program. Please call for details.
A detailed camper registration packet containing check in location, health/release forms, emergency contact info, and a list of things to bring will be emailed to all registered campers in the Spring. Our health and release forms may require a doctor's signature (please reference your camp packet). All required forms will be collected on the first day of camp.
Camps are open to any and all entrants, limited only by number, age, grade level and/or gender.
Sample Daily Schedule
- 7:00 a.m. Wake-up, breakfast (Overnight Campers)
- 8:45 a.m. Arrival (Extended Day/Day Campers), Stretching
- 9:00 a.m. Individual instruction and drill work
- 11:30 a.m. Lunch, free time
- 1:00 p.m. Fundamental instruction and drills, position play
- 3:00 p.m. Day Campers Depart
- 4:30 p.m. Free time, relax, visit with friends
- 5:00 p.m. Dinner
- 6:15 p.m. Chalk talks
- 8:30 p.m. Evening activities
- 9:00 p.m. Extended Day Campers Depart
- 10:00 p.m. Lights Out
Located across from the back of the Fieldhouse, Merkel Field is home to the Whitworth Baseball team. A beautiful setting for a sunny spring day of baseball, the facility has undergone several recent upgrades. Bleachers have been added and reconstructed to include seats immediately behind home plate. The backstop has been moved back away from home plate to provide a safer amount of foul territory.
Camp ReviewsSubmit a review
He had so much fun during camp!
August 01, 2018: Austin enjoyed then nike ball camp and was so excited to have taken part . Austin said all the coaching staff are very knowledgeable positive and helpful and he was able to work on skills needed for his position batting and catching he came home with some great training as we’ve noticed it when he is playing ball!
— Heather Parent
He learned a lot of new skills.
July 29, 2018: My son made new friends and had a great time doing the defensive drills.
— Chris N. Parent
July 28, 2018: He had so much fun meeting new kids and seeing the competition from the Northwest
— Carl G. Parent
He had so much fun!
July 28, 2018: My son loved being surrounded by a baseball environment 24 hours a day, he loved everything about going to Whitworth!
— Tracey L. Parent
Encouraging and positive
August 2, 2017: The instructors were encouraging and positive for the kids.
— Dale M. Parent
Isn't my first camp but by far the best
July 31, 2017: For my son to be in an environment where he saw with hard work he can be a pretty good ball player was excellent. He really appreciated the info on what it takes to get to the next level in baseball and college. As a parent who coaches kids I saw young men displaying the love of the game to the next generation of ball players. Isn't my first camp but by far the best.
— Bryan W. Parent
Loved the entire experience
July 31, 2017: My son loved the entire experience of the overnight camp. His favorite things were the camp competitions, the full game play and of course the free time.
— Tracy L. Parent
My son got more out of the 4 days at camp than he got during his entire last season
"This place is amazing!! My son got more out of the 4 days at camp than he got during his entire last season. Thank you all so much."
Our son fell back in love with baseball.
"Very pleased with the NIKE Baseball Camp at Whitworth University and we are looking forward to next year. Our son fell back in love with baseball. Thank you so much!"
This is the 3rd time having our son at camp
"This is the 3rd time having our son at camp. It is very professionally run and the coaches are knowledgeable and enthusiastic!!"
I got better this summer!
"This was my first baseball camp that I had ever gone to. I learned a lot baseball and also had fun during the camp. The camp taught me new individual drills that I am able to do on my own to help me improve. You can expect to see me again next year along with some of my other fellow teammates!"
— Overnight Camper
Coach Dan from the NIKE Baseball Camp at Whitworth University was an inspiration to me
"I really enjoyed the life lessons from coach Dan. He was an inspiration to me."
— Overnight Camper
Gave Me Some Perspective Of My Playing Level
"The camp was very fun and informative and really gave me some perspective of my playing level. I loved this camp and will be there next year! Best camp I've ever gone to."
— Overnight Camper
Better Appreciation for the Game
"They helped my son to appreciate the game of baseball on and off the field. I would highly recommend this camp to other ball players. I look forward to my son attending the camp next year with his little brother."
We Have Three Boys And Will Definitely Be Returning!
"My child was one of the younger kids and we were SO impressed with the way the instructors encouraged them and also encouraged the older kids to show good sportsmanship toward the younger ones. The camp was WONDERFUL. We are locals but I can't imagine sending my son to any other big campus camp that would measure up to this one! We have three young boys and will definitely be returning customers!!!"
— Overnight Camper
My Son Will Be Coming Back Next Year!
"My son had a great time with all the coaches and kids. This is his second year. He loves this camp and wants to come back every year until he is too old to do so."
Quality Individual Attention
"I was impressed that the coaches worked with us individually. At other camps it was almost always as a group. They covered everything about baseball and even introduced me to some new strength training exercises. I enjoyed the camp very much."
— Day Camper
NIKE Baseball Camp is Awesome!
"I really loved this camp. It was awesome. I made friends, had lots of fun, and learned so much. My high school coach tells me that my game has improved tremendously. Thank you all so much."
— Day Camper
It was a great opportunity for kids to be coached by college coaches! Thanks!
At the beginning of the camp I couldn't hit the ball into the outfield, now I'm hitting triples!