Nike Field Hockey Camp at Curry College
Improve your game and have serious fun
at Nike Field Hockey Camps
This field hockey camp at Curry College is designed for players looking to train with other athletes, compete in fun and challenging games and drills, and improve their skills with instruction from college level coaches.
Our 2019 field hockey camp near Boston offers field hockey training for girls of all skill levels to improve their abilities and have fun on and off the field!
- Excellent residential, dining and training facilities
- Partner Camp of USA Field Hockey; sanctioned to make referrals to USAFH Futures program
- Special goalkeeping instruction
- All campers receive a STX package (reversible jersey, ball, water bottle, lanyard) and other fun prizes.
- View More Details ⟩
Camp Director Andy Whitcomb
Andy Whitcomb was named the head coach of the Mount Holyoke field hockey team in 1998. One of the top coaches in the northeast, she has posted an impressive 237-154-1 (.605) record since taking over the reigns of the program. Her teams have qualified for the NEWMAC Tournament in each of the past 19 seasons.View Andy Whitcomb's Bio ⟩
In her career, Whitcomb has posted a record of 260-181-1, which includes a two-year stint at Montclair State prior to her arrival at MHC. She captured her 200th career victory in a 5-2 win over Gwynedd-Mercy University in the NCAA Tournament First Round and recorded her 250th victory in a 3-1 win at Castleton State on September 9, 2017.
The 2017 campaign saw Whitcomb lead the Lyons to a 12-6 overall mark. MHC was in a two-way tie for third in the NEWMAC standings with a 5-3 record, advancing to the conference's playoffs for the 19th consecutive season. The Lyons, who were the fourth-seed, shouldered a tough loss to fifth-seeded Springfield in the quarterfinals to conclude the year. Among the numerous honors during the season was NEWMAC All-Conference First Team for senior captain Sophie Perekslis and junior midfielder Mirjam Keochakian. Also recognized to the conference's Second Team was senior captain Kaitlin Braz. All three went on to earn NFHCA All-New England East Region honors, with Perekslis earning First Team, along with Keochakian and Braz on Second Team. Academically, the Lyons saw 12 student-athletes named to the NEWMAC Academic All-Conference Team, which led all schools, as well as NFHCA National Academic Team honors for the 20th straight season.
Whitcomb guided the Lyons to a 12-7 mark during the 2016 campaign. MHC finished fifth in the NEWMAC standings with a 5-3 record, advancing to the conference tournament for the 18th straight season. In the postseason, the Lyons saw junior captain Kaitlin Braz score in double-overtime to lift Mount Holyoke past Wellesley, 2-1, and into the NEWMAC Semifinals for the fourth straight season. The Lyons would fall to eventual conference and NCAA Semifinalist, Babson to conclude the year.
Mount Holyoke was recognized with a number of honors during the 2016 season, including Longstreth/NFHCA National All-America Third Team for senior captain and defender Ruvimbo Mushavi. It marked her second straight recognition. Three were named All-Region, including First Team honors for Mushavi. Additionally, both Mushavi and senior captain and goalie Liz DiCesare were NEWMAC All-Conference First Team selections.
In 2015, Whitcomb guided MHC (15-7; 5-3 NEWMAC) to an incredible run in the NEWMAC Tournament. Seeded fifth overall - after a three-way tie for third in the final season standings - the Lyons powered past fourth-seeded MIT, 2-1 in Cambridge. The Lyons headed to Babson, taking on the host and top-seeded Beavers. The two teams battled to a second overtime, which saw junior defender and captain Ruvimbo Mushavi score her first career goal to win it 1-0.
In the NEWMAC Championship, the Lyons faced a familiar foe, squaring off against second-seeded Wellesley for the third straight year. It was another hard fought battle as the team's played into a shootout, which saw the Lyons prevail for a 2-1 shootout victory and the program's third NEWMAC title. MHC advanced to the NCAA Tournament for the third straight season, falling in the First Round at Stevens. Three players were named to the NEWMAC All-Conference Team, highlighted by Mushavi, who was also an NFHCA All-America Third Team selection.
This year we are offering an Overnight and Extended Day (9:00am-9:00pm) camp for girls, ages 10-18, of all ability levels. See "More Camp Details" for further information.
2019 CAMP DATES
- July 18-21
All sessions are open to girls, ages 10-18, of all abilities. Upon arrival, all participants are evaluated by the staff and placed into groups based on age and ability level. Campers will master the fundamentals and develop proper mechanics through a mix of drills, games and competitive play.
Please note: The following information may be subject to change.
2019 SESSION SCHEDULES
CAMP DATES: July 18-21
- Check-in: 12:00pm-2:00pm on Thursday
- Check-out: 12:00-12:30pm on Sunday
- Extended Day Camper Schedule: Thursday: 12:00pm-9:00pm, Friday-Saturday: 9:00am-9:00pm, Sunday: 9:00am-12:00pm
What's included in the fee?
- Daily field hockey instruction
- Overnight campers: Dormitory housing on campus and all meals are provided.
- Extended Day campers: Lunch and dinner are provided.
- Supervision: Staff members reside in campers’ quarters and participate in all activities.
- Camp Gear: All campers receive a STX package (reversible jersey, ball, water bottle, lanyard) and other fun prizes.
INSTRUCTION, EQUIPMENT & FACILITY
- Ratio: 1:10 staff to camper ratio
- Players Grouped by: ability, age, years of experience
- Equipment Needed: Hockey stick, water bottle, mouth guard, shin guards, court and turf shoes (goalies must bring full goalie protective equipment)
- Inclement Weather Plan: TBA
- Medical Protocol: Most camps have an athletic trainer on-site to help with illness or injury. In case of an emergency, campers will be transported to the nearest hospital.
The information below is based on previous years and is subject to change each year. Final housing information for this camp will be provided in the Camper Registration Packets, emailed to all campers closer to the camp’s start date.
- Campers Per Room: 2 per room
- Roommates: Rooms are assigned by age & roommate requests. Roommate requests must be received no later than 14 days before the start of camp. If you don't have a roommate request, you will be placed in a room with someone near your age. It will be a great opportunity to meet someone new!
- Bathrooms: Shared
- Linens: Not provided. Bring linens or sleeping bag, pillow, pillowcase and a towel
- Air Conditioning: Please refer to the Camper Registration Packet. A/C availability depends on our specific dorm assignment.
Nike Field Hockey Camps does not provide transportation from airports, train stations or bus depots. If you have a child flying to camp, please arrange a shuttle or taxi service. The closest airport to campus is Boston-Logan International Airport.
If you have a group of eight or more campers registering for the same camp, each camper is eligible for a discount. Please have someone contact the US Sports Camps office at 1-800-645-3226 with the names of each camper in the group and we will create a unique discount code for your group. Campers may then register individually through the website at their convenience and apply the offer code during check out. *Discount amount varies by program. Please call for details.
A detailed camper registration packet containing check in location, health/release forms, emergency contact info, and a list of things to bring will be emailed to all registered campers in the Spring. Our health and release forms may require a doctor's signature (please reference your camp packet). All required forms will be collected on the first day of camp.
Camps are open to any and all entrants, limited only by number, age, grade level and/or gender. This camp is in compliance with the MA BOH laws.
Sample Daily Schedule
- 7:00am Wake-up, shower, breakfast
- 9:00am Extended Day campers arrive. Stretching & Warm-up
- 9:30am Training Session I
- 11:30pm Lunch, rest
- 2:00pm Training Session II
- 4:00pm Free time, rest
- 5:30pm Dinner
- 6:15pm Training Session III
- 8:15pm End of day wrap up, Extended Day Campers begin to depart
- 9:00pm Overnight Campers to rooms, free time
- 10:00pm Lights out
Curry College is located in Milton, MA just 7 miles from downtown Boston. Campers will train on the turf fields, dine in the on campus dining facilities, and be housed in the on campus dorms.
Camp ReviewsSubmit a review
No reviews available at this time
This is our first year hosting a Nike Field Hockey Camp at Curry College, reviews are not available at this time.
— Nike Field Hockey Camps