Nike Junior Golf Camps, Coyote Run Golf Course
Improve your game and have serious fun at
Nike Junior Golf Camps
Head to Coyote Run GC in South Chicago this summer for our newest Nike Junior Golf Camps in Illinois. Join Camp Director, Tom Denklau PGA, and his staff for a week of instruction and fun!
HALF DAY CAMPS
Our half day programs are designed to create interest and foster development in beginner and intermediate golfers. The camps run Monday to Friday 1:00-4:00pm and include fifteen hours of total range instruction. Strong emphasis is placed on the fundamentals—stance, grip, posture, full swing, rules & etiquette, etc. As the week unfolds, campers receive quality instruction and by Friday, each Nike junior golfer will see improvement in his or her golf game.
- Hands-on instruction from experienced golf instructors with a low student-to-teacher ratio
- Use of the Greg Meyer Learning Course (3-hole practice course) and regular 18-hole course
- Camper amenity package including a Nike hat, drawstring bag, SRIXON golf balls, camp workbook, and graduation certificate
- A healthy and positive learning environment designed to help every camper get better
- View More Details ⟩
Camp Director Tom Denklau
Tom Denklau is PGA head professional and general manager at Coyote Run Golf Course and serves as camp director for the Nike Camps.View Tom's Bio ⟩
Mr. Denklau holds a bachelor's degree in Business Administration from Carthage College in Kenosha, Wisconsin. Prior to his current appointment at Coyote Run, he served as director of golf at Hilton Chicago Indian Lakes Resort in Bloomingdale, Illinois. He started his 18 year career with Seven Bridges Golf Club in Woodridge, Illinois and has been a PGA Class-A Professional since 2000.
At Nike Junior Golf Camps we accommodate all skill levels; upon arrival, all participants are evaluated by the staff so that their own instructional needs can be addressed throughout the week.Show Less See More Camp Details
A detailed camper registration packet containing check in location, health/release forms, emergency contact info, and a list of things to bring will be emailed to all registered campers in the spring.
Sample Daily Schedule
- 12:50pm Campers check-in and warm-up
- 1:00pm Staff demonstrations, overview of daily schedule
- 1:15pm Instruction - practice on skills and fundamentals; grip, stance, posture, pitching, putting, bunker play and full swing
- 4:00pm Campers depart
Coyote Run Golf Course
Owned and operated by the Homewood-Flossmoor Park District, Coyote Run Golf Course is a public 18 hole, par 71 course; it measures 6,478 yards that test the skill level of all golfers.Coyote Run has a generous practice area including lighted driving range with grass tee, four target greens, putting and chipping greens and artificial mats for use in wet conditions as well as a three-hole practice and teaching course.